• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
Yes it is worth while to get the shiny Charm. I've done 2 successful mm's(only one went over odds and not by much) and I've gotten 4 successful random encounter shinies with it(3 of which took less than 1000 RE and all under the 1 in 2070 odds) I don't know if I'm just lucky or what. It took me I think 5 days to complete the pokedex. I just traded over or migrated pokemon from my other games and hatched for lower evolutions that I needed. THe only thing that was a pain was trading multiple pokemon from my White version to my White 2.

ok but since I don't have much pokemon on all of my game it's gonna be a hard time catching...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I do have the Shiny Charm, but I haven't tried to do any RE/MM with it, so far it's only SR.

Got Shiny Kyurem within 5 days, but for Cresselia, it's almost one month and she still hasn't shine yet XD

2 boxes for legendaries and shinies

I need a total of three boxes plus two rows on the next box, just for my shinies :p

What's everyone else's setup? No need to spam, just put it in your usual posts.

Aside from the shinies, I usually just put everything randomly, but I put them based on the wallpaper.
For example, Pokemon that looks like they can live well in the forest, goes to the Forest box.

I do have one box reserved for N's Pokemon + a few legendaries, though. There's also one box reserved for lv100 Pokemon.

As for MM-ing, I usually just hatch 5, then if there's no shiny, release them all, then grab another 5 eggs, hatch them, if no shiny then release, and so on. So I never need any box for them. I usually just have 1 spare slot on a box to put the last one that hatched, before saving and turning off the game (I gets tired too you know XD). And I don't have to worry about miscounting, since each Pokemon that hatched is nicknamed with number, for example the first one that hatched is 001, the next one is 002, and so on.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey guys I'm posting here for the first time since having eight teeth out at once on Tuesday. In a lot of pain but hopefully something will shine soon to make up for it. I'm on 16,500 RE's in the Ranch and have paused my Blitzle MM on Black 2 at 632 eggs with the Shining Charm to hunt for what will be my first ever successful SR legendary-Virizion. Congrats on all the recent shinies including City of Delusions lucky finds. I'll probably go back to doing 500 RE's in the Ranch today and spend the rest of my hunting time SRing Virizion. I'm actually counting SR's this time and am currently on a small 23 SR's. Good luck to everyone including Lunafloon on Snivy-he was my first SR shiny ever and Bianca's talking can get annoying but it's well worth it in the end.
EDIT: As for my boxes set up I have one box for foreign pokemon, one box for my shinies, one box for DW females and everything else is just placed in any box.
~RaichuArcanine~​

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I've reached 1650 SRs for Volcorona.My last exam is tomorrow,so after I'm finished with the last exam,I'll have more time for hunting.Good luck everyone! ^-^

dan2point5

YEEESSS!!

After 9,349 RE's shiny Mankey just appeared. After 2 ultra balls he was mine. So happy since it was the one I was hoping for the most! Even happier that it appeared before the 10k mark haha.

Good luck to everyone else this weekend.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
._. I'm at about 1700 eggs and nothing! I really want my blue cow already but I just have to be patient which is hard since I tend to be less patient with shinies I really want lol. Anyways, I know I've kinda been against the shiny charm but after alot of thinking I'm finally gonna get it. Mainly because I have ALOT of targets and I want them done by 6th gen but before I spoil myself with the charm I'll be SRing for shiny Latios, The Sinnoh trio, Cresselia, Heatran, and Registeel. I need them to complete the dex and I would just rather get them with the normal odds :] Gratz on Koffing and Audino and good luck everyone

Dangertrout

ok, i think I have enough time for a quick vote for next month's CH. I'll tally up the votes on Monday and post when the voting is over. As always, please PM me your vote.

#1) River of Love: Obtain a shiny Water type while Surfing or Fishing
#2) Burning Love: Obtain a shiny Fire type via RE/SR/MM
#3) Year of the Snake: Obtain a shiny snake via RE/SR/MM
#4) Happy Valentines Day!: Obtain a Red or Pink Shiny via RE/SR/MM
#5) Couples: Obtain a shiny couple via RE/SR/MM (example: Illumise & Volbeat, Tauros & Miltank, etc)
#6) Grab Bag: Obtain one of 8 randomly selected pokemon via SR/RE/MM (List will be posted only if this option is the winner)

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
ok, i think I have enough time for a quick vote for next month's CH. I'll tally up the votes on Monday and post when the voting is over. As always, please PM me your vote.

#5) Couples: Obtain a shiny couple via RE/SR/MM (example: Illumise & Volbeat, Tauros & Miltank, etc)
#6) Grab Bag: Obtain one of 8 randomly selected pokemon via SR/RE/MM (List will be posted only if this option is the winner)

I like the Valentine's one, might get me inspired to try for a shiny Skorupi~

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Congrats on the recent shinies! Mankey and Koffing, especially, are great shinies!

I myself have just finished up hatching 150 eggs for Feebas and now have a total of 3300 RE's for Route 213. I'm hoping for almost 2000 more before the weekend is over, but that may be too much to aim for. Still, it gives me a nice goal to motivate me a bit more. Good luck everyone, and let's hope to see some more shinies soon!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on all the many new shinies since I last posted; especially City with his four shinies in one day - you had a 'super luck' attack, City. :p

I've now reached 30,000 freaking encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest... nuff' said. >_>

I'm also at 10,675 encounters in my White 2 BQ, 3650 soft resets for shiny Thundurus, and 555 Solosis egg hatched. I've also gone back to SR'ing for a shiny Kecleon in Ruby.

Good luck guys.

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Wow, just got a sweet shiny Tentacool through a trade for one of my baby magnemites X3 I'm so happy~

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
OMG, seriously?! I just found my 5th BQ shiny right now! After 3405 RE's, Buizel shined!

Buizel_zps07c3a100.jpg

Buizelstats_zps2a4f1092.jpg

Not the Wingull I hoped for, but it's my second favorite on this route. And as in the photo, Hasty nature, which isn't absolutely awful, like Rhyhorn with Modest. :p I'm still shocked to see this shine so soon, though. My first BQ shiny is still the only one to go over the odds, and for fun, I've determined my average hunt length on this BQ to be ~5109 encounters, so my BQ's been rather friendly. Though now I'm at a loss as to where I should hunt next. I planned for Route 221 if Buizel didn't shine(Floatzel is there), but I won't go there anymore. Ah well, that's a problem for later, because now, I'm going to train my little Buizel.

Last edited:

dan2point5

Massive congrats Gus! That's such a great looking shiny! Lets hope your BQ keeps going at a nice rate.

Been training up my Mankey in the little time I have left free so will continue with that tomoz.

Dangertrout

I'm gonna re-iterate this every time a page rolls over, since we have such a short voting time for this one.
Don't forget to cast your vote via PM!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If I find any shiny's in my current Pokemon Silver Let's Play that I just started, i'll post my findings in here. Currently, I am trying to find the proper area in the Serebii forums to share my channel. I really want my channel to get noticed so people can watch my videos, but as of right now im not finding the proper area. Anyways, as of late I did a few soft resets for Bulbasaur. I have been soft resetting for him since August, but to be fair as of late I haven't really been soft reseting a whole lot. I get on Leaf Green and soft reset a few times a day. I wish everyone luck on there shiny hunts, and I congratulate everyone on there shiny findings!

OMG, seriously?! I just found my 5th BQ shiny right now! After 3405 RE's, Buizel shined!

Buizel_zps07c3a100.jpg

Buizelstats_zps2a4f1092.jpg

Not the Wingull I hoped for, but it's my second favorite on this route. And as in the photo, Hasty nature, which isn't absolutely awful, like Rhyhorn with Modest. :p I'm still shocked to see this shine so soon, though. My first BQ shiny is still the only one to go over the odds, and for fun, I've determined my average hunt length on this BQ to be ~5109 encounters, so my BQ's been rather friendly. Though now I'm at a loss as to where I should hunt next. I planned for Route 221 if Buizel didn't shine(Floatzel is there), but I won't go there anymore. Ah well, that's a problem for later, because now, I'm going to train my little Buizel.

Congrats Gus!

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
2 boxes of Zorua and still nothing. I have faith for a fast, shiny one though! Go, go Hatchery! :D

After that, a Charmander and a Riolu. My favorite (overrated) yet awesome shinies! ;)

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Soooo I've decided to get back into shiny hunting after a really long break :)
I've continued my chargestone cave RE hunt on Black
On White 2 I have started to RE in the virbank complex hoping for a Magnemite or Elekid
Congratz on all the recent shinys and good luck to all
*May the shine be with you*

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Finally got my shiny Caterpie after 681 MM eggs! Now I can focus on a hunt that I've really been wanting to complete- soft resetting Kyurem.

Congrats on the Buizel, and all the other recent shinies. Good luck to everyone!

Mundo

Huh?
Congrats to all recent shinies :D ! I am just posting now to say I'm going to start hunting Chingling as soon as I obtain everything I need. Good luck everyone :) .