• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Hey guys! I'm new with all these but I just got a shiny Mesprit on my White 2 (SR). I didn't count the REs but it took me around 10 hours to get it (5 days).

Good luck everyone!

Yo Guys, congrats on all of the recent shinies, they were all deserved and it would take me hours to write them out by name. So major congrats!
I started my Charmander mm properly today and so far am at 90 eggs, I am freed up again so hopefully I will have time to participate in Febuary's CH after this hunt. I would start it now only I love shiny charizard to bits <3.
@Dangertrout, can you verify that Charizard with his dark red wings doesn't count. I'm sure I heard you say that shinies who evolve to red/pink don't count.

Thanks and GL!

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Congrats on all the shinies people! Treat them nicely! ^^

My PC is full. Mostly Zorua. Got the Box Maxed medal and boasted a little to some friends. They're telling me I'm crazy to go ahead and hatch so many eggs of a single pokémon but I'm confident. Over 400 or so as of now. Hatching them on Black City, 5 at a time so I can get a neat hatching location.

QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something? Also what's your favorite method of hunting? MM? RE? Solely with the aid of the charms? Or just go for the 100% chance ones like Dratini, Gible or Gyarados? ;)

Good luck to all!

Dangertrout

Yo Guys, congrats on all of the recent shinies, they were all deserved and it would take me hours to write them out by name. So major congrats!
I started my Charmander mm properly today and so far am at 90 eggs, I am freed up again so hopefully I will have time to participate in Febuary's CH after this hunt. I would start it now only I love shiny charizard to bits <3.
@Dangertrout, can you verify that Charizard with his dark red wings doesn't count. I'm sure I heard you say that shinies who evolve to red/pink don't count.

Thanks and GL!

Charizard would not count because it has to be evolved to that stage. However, having just looked at the BW2 sprite for Charmander, I do see a red mouth. So it could count for the CH if you wish. (Personally I'd prefer everyone pick targets that have a decent amount of pink or red, but the rules do say "any" amount, so I'll let it slide)

On the topic of Linoone, I stared at it until my eyes bled, it really looks orange to me. Maybe a reddish brown... but not red. sorry :(

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Wow, a flurry of shinies recently! Congrats on all of the great shinies!

As for me, 8,730 REs doesn't scream short hunt does it? Technically, I am only at 4,365 Battles, but it is still a bit longer than I expected.
Snivy is at 400 SRs, so Lunafloon, you might be on for a race...in fact, would you mind racing for Snivy?
My Route 32 hunt is at 1,201 REs, whilst Route 3 is at 550 REs, but I chose to use Black and White for Route 3.

Good luck all!

I just asked Lunafloon the same thing a little bit ago. So I'll join in on this race.

Well I hit it hard last night for Snivy and I plan on doing so again today. Maybe I'll catch on to all this good luck everyone is having. Congrats to the huge amount of people who got shimies and good luck to everyone still hunting!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Yes, that would be excellent HGaddict. I am only at 475 SRs, but that's good.

9,322 REs in Eterna Forest.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Congrats on all the shinies people! Treat them nicely! ^^

My PC is full. Mostly Zorua. Got the Box Maxed medal and boasted a little to some friends. They're telling me I'm crazy to go ahead and hatch so many eggs of a single pokémon but I'm confident. Over 400 or so as of now. Hatching them on Black City, 5 at a time so I can get a neat hatching location.

QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something? Also what's your favorite method of hunting? MM? RE? Solely with the aid of the charms? Or just go for the 100% chance ones like Dratini, Gible or Gyarados? ;)

Good luck to all!

I collect 5 eggs at a time before hatching them with the Nursery from Join Avenue. If there's no shiny I SR and re-collect another 5 eggs. I count my eggs simply by counting the number of times I do this - Lets say I did this process 22 times. It means the number of eggs I hatched is 5 x 22 = 110. At the end of the day I just point down on a notepad document the numer of times I did this

On the CH subject. Its seems I'll continue to hatch Sentret eggs this month :) hopefuly this CH will be sucessful

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Right now I'm at 6064 Magnemite encounters.... and it's been like 3 weeks since my Shiny Patrat. I'm thinking about starting up my Chimchar SR hunt after I get this magnemite, and maybe MMing chimchar's in Black 2 as well as SRing in Pearl.

Congrats on everyone's hunts by the way! And GL on all future hunts!

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Yes, that would be excellent HGaddict. I am only at 475 SRs, but that's good.

9,322 REs in Eterna Forest.

That's alright I've only been at it for a few days myself. Well then, let the race begin! Good luck :)

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
70 eggs so far for Wobbuffet and nothing, but I feel I've made a good start to this CH :)

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I collect 5 eggs at a time before hatching them with the Nursery from Join Avenue. If there's no shiny I SR and re-collect another 5 eggs. I count my eggs simply by counting the number of times I do this - Lets say I did this process 22 times. It means the number of eggs I hatched is 5 x 22 = 110. At the end of the day I just point down on a notepad document the numer of times I did this

Thank you so much! I'm a newbie at this! And that method of the Hatchery; of course! And soft resetting! I just hatch the eggs and store them so my egg count increases but that's not significant after all :p

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted, or so it feels like it. There's way too many shinies for me to congratulate since last time, so hopefully a general "Congrats!" to everyone who got a shiny recently will do. :)

As for my hunts, it's still a shame that my BQ hunt won't give me any CH completion, but I'm still going strong RE'ing for these last few days before I get Fire Emblem: Awakening. Now at 4260 RE's, so I've passed my RE count for 2 of my past BQ shinies, almost 3. I'm hoping to get a lot of progress these next two days, and hopefully I can get a shiny. And with that, good luck to everyone else on your hunts!

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I am over 1,500 soft reset Driftloon. Going pause for moment and try to hatch dunsparce. I had no luck finding a foreign one.

Also, I was going to do a mareep but I didnt know if she was purple or pink.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hi everyone congrats on the recent shinies! especially that vulpix I'm jealous xD

I just wanted to update on my hunts im continuing to hunt for drifloon now @ 7768 SRs and im also hunting for the next shiny of my white 2 BQ i
need calculate how much im at for that just hoping something would shine soon best of luck to those BQers and those just stuck on a ridiculously long
hunt heres to hoping for a good febuary and i wanna do this community hunt :I

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Is it possible to have a shiny pokemon with its hidden ability? I already have a female Herdier with its hidden ability and a male herdier but I'm not sure if it will work. I know it's not programmed to happen inside the Hidden Grottos but I'm breeding a Lillipup with a DW Herdier and I would like to know for sure if I can hatch a shiny one with Run Away.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Quick question!

I'm pacing back and forth on the Daycare. Is the egg's shininess, nature, IVs etc. determined when he shouts for me to pick it up or when I really pick it up?

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
@Royal_Qeca - Yes its possible, the hidden ability has a 60% percent chance of passing down to the offspring. Make sure the mother has the hidden ability though.

@SharpedoX - All of it is determined when you actually pick it from the daycare man.

@supersmew - Shiny Rotom is pretty Red so I'm sure It'll count for the CH.

Good luck you guys!

Last edited:

JohnNiles

Ahahaha! Got another shiny in less than a day! I can't say I was completely surprised, because I was prepared for just that possibility. I was catching Dittos, trying to get one with multiple max IVs (low, low odds) to breed a Porygon with good IVs, and a shiny Lunatone popped up alongside a Piloswine. I should have taken a picture of the actual encounter, but I was too focused on getting it. I have a Damp DW Parasect (after watching countless Solrocks and Lunatones explode, I knew this day would come). Whacked the Piloswine with a single-target attack, paralyzed the Lunatone, didn't even bother taking off a sliver of health, and caught it with a single pokeball. It has remarkably good stats in everything but Special Attack. >_>

Lunatone's not exactly high on my list of likes, but I do admit the blue eye is rather appealing. Lunatone evolution for Gen VI, pretty please?

Guess I'll keep catching Dittos; I don't RE nearly as much as other people.

Pictures of the Poliwag I hatched last night:
PAZOnyM.jpg

8D6AqmH.jpg

And the Lunatone from this afternoon:
WWKIr9l.jpg

zsZEAh9.jpg

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
Throwing this out there, I am looking for a legit shiny Emolga. I will offer shinies and dream worlds. PM if so...pleaseee.