• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I'm good too, trying to find a reasonable GTS trade for a female Japanese Skarmory so I can actually start that hunt. My other hunts are Lapras and Articuno atm.

My longest hunt? Helio knows this very well, my Rayquaza. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd tell you a small story about it.

EDIT: I actually put an offer up, search for a level 51-60 male Durant. Name is Daniel.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So happy at the moment! After scouring the whole house for an elastic band, and finding one broken one, the postman comes with letters wrapped with elastic bands! SRing has become a lot easier now! 161 SRs for Regirock...

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, after my success in Eterna Forest, I can now move on to Mount Coronet (Route 207 Entrance). I am hoping for Bronzor or Geodude to shine mainly, but the amount of good shiny forms in the area is quite impressive.

Anyways, I have pics from yesterday to share:

Sparkles, ooh!
Shinydex
Jolly again?

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Already @1500 REs for pachirisu and almost 5000 in relic castle for my W2 BQ good luck on your BQ Aqua seems like you deserve a short hunt to :)

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
Well my RE/SR/MM hunt at Chargestone Cave is somewhere around 9k RE(I think stopped keeping track ever since I started SRing/MMing [SR to get my 300 super repels back XD] [and MMing 2 Drilbur eggs whilst REing) ...anyways grats on all recent successful hunts an gl for all the (hopefully) SOON TO BE SUCCESSFUL hunts :p

DittoPokemon97

Master of the Ditto
Decided to put off my Charmander hunt in favor of a shiny fossil hunt. I plan on going for Cranidos as I already have a shiny Kabutops which is my favorite. The only problem I'm having is that I want to MM for him as it would be faster but everything I find online about it is a SR. Is it possible to get one through MM? I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but just wondering if anyone has a definite answer.
Thanks in advance!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Decided to put off my Charmander hunt in favor of a shiny fossil hunt. I plan on going for Cranidos as I already have a shiny Kabutops which is my favorite. The only problem I'm having is that I want to MM for him as it would be faster but everything I find online about it is a SR. Is it possible to get one through MM? I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but just wondering if anyone has a definite answer.
Thanks in advance!

Anything breedable is MMable. Honestly, taking and having 5 fossils in your bag and reviving all 5 of them would probably be faster to do if you are using gen 5, which I assume you are...

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Not sure if this is the same shiny thread I've posted in before, but it's a shiny thread nonetheless as well as seemingly active, so I'm posting.

For various reasons other than thinking shiny magnemite are cool looking, decided to re for one in Virbank's whatever. Thought the pokémon would be an interesting thing for maybe my main team. Did a magnemite coil, got a sturdy one which is pretty cool, and thought maybe a magnet pull one would be interesting to use. So that'd be nice for battling reasons. But even if not and I just leave it as a shiny magnemite, I just think they look cool with the solid color magnets and magneton would just be even cooler being three of them in one, lol. Not sure how I'd like shiny magnezone, but would be cool to have a shiny one for my shiny elgyem Max to ride on (being that it's like a ufo).

So yea, been on and off for a number of days reing. Using the close ds approach as oppossed to shutting the game off because that's how I found Max and like the concept. Did a bunch of res on my birthday last Thursday thinking if I found one then it'd be pretty cool, but no luck. But had a dream I finally found it, so maybe today's the day (wouldn't be the first time a dream came true). If my dreams correct I'll find it (though I think the shiny was slightly off color than shiny magnemite in my dream), it won't have magnet pull, and...well doubt the last part will come true if anything. In my dream it fainted from a recoil move or something lol, so didn;t actually catch it. Thank goodness that was a dream. And now just doing a little reing until I get bored.

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
I'm now SRing for a shiny Oshawott. I have only 25 SRs so far.

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
For various reasons other than thinking shiny magnemite are cool looking, decided to re for one in Virbank's whatever.

You're looking for one too? Nice, Im hoping to find mine soon XD, how long have you been hunting?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Not sure exactly. After the weekend before the 31st I believe because I was in the wifi tourney. So not real long, but I think I found Max faster than this, though when sring for a shiny in gen IV's SS it took almost a month I think before I found my shiny totodile Aqua. How long have you been searching for yours?

Btw, good avi, lol.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
My longest hunt? Helio knows this very well, my Rayquaza. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd tell you a small story about it.

Lol, actually I don't really remember that well - I have a terrible memory. ^^: Good luck with your Articuno and Lapras.

As for my hunts: I'm now at 1875 Solosis eggs hatched in Black 2(and that's with MM+shiny charm odds...), 32,100 encounter in my HG badge quest, and 4800 soft resets for shiny Thundurus in White.

Good luck guys.

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Oh, and quick question, would chimchar count for the CH? I mean he's like.... Magenta.... which is kinda like pink... and the inside of his ears and flame are red I think.... and the bits around his eyes...

Edit: Because didnt want to double post
@Trainer Frankie
Well um.... like 5 or 6 weeks? XDD I found a shiny Patrat on the second week though, and I'm on 8073 Magnemite Encounters.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Ah, yea I'm nervous, even though I'm using a magnet puller in lead spot, that one of the rogues will be the shiny that pops up. None are bad and I have none of them in shiny form, but a shiny patrat would be kinda disappointing. xD Althouh, I like my shiny bidoof I found in early Pearl back around when that came out. ^^

Also, just as a friendly reminder, this site can get a little annoying sometimes and they don;t want you to double post, so just letting you know before a mod or someone talks to you about that. ^^ You can always edit to change your old post and delete second one. :)

dan2point5

Also, just as a friendly reminder, this site can get a little annoying sometimes and they don;t want you to double post, so just letting you know before a mod or someone talks to you about that. ^^ You can always edit to change your old post and delete second one. :)

Lol you have 3 of the first 5 posts on this page...

Anyway done 750 RE's so far today so I'll try do 250 more to take me to the 3,500 mark.

Good luck peeps.

Dangertrout

...no I don't. Not sure how this site's ignore system works, but do you have anyone ignored? On other forums, that'd make them not show up. On this page I see me, Helio, me, Chipper, me, and finally you. >.>

He means of the 5 posts on this page, 3 of them were from you. Please start editing your existing posts unless you get a shiny.

@ whoever asked, Chimchar counts for the CH.

edit - Shiny Corphish is pink, so it counts for the CH =)

Last edited:

AquaCharmander

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone on the recent shinies :D

I have a question about the CH; would a shiny Corphish count? I've been looking at it's color scheme and I'm not sure if it would count...thanks :)

Yo guys =D.
Congrats on the tonnes of great shinies. Aqua on his second hootoot and cocoa on drifloon.
I a have justed passed the 200 egg mark for charmander with some unexpected lack of school work, hoping to get loads of work on the hunt over the weekend, i need it before the 12th, making it 2 months from breloom. Gl to all especially helio on that bummer mm.

Jonny7197

Shiny Hunter
Guys just wondering for future reference, the Shuckle that you can get in HG/SS as a gift from a man in Cianwood City, is it possible to SR that for a shiny?