• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Oh, okay. Thanks. I feel a tad stupid now. -w-'

Knowing me, I'll forget to get a male. So I'm now hatching a male.

I'm praying Turtwig will shine on my Platinum BQ. Asking the shiny gods will just anger them... It just takes forever to get your starter on the D/P/PL Games.

And good luck to everybody on their hunts!

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is to be mentioned here but, I lost a shiny Zubat while recording a video on Pokémon Tower Defense. Which I believe is still the 1/8192 chance. Not so happy.

Hey you wanna do a BQ race since neither of us has our first shiny? That might give me some more motivation...

Why not make it a 3-way race, cos I need to start my Pearl Badge Quest....

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
bout 5k re's into axew hunt(was wrong i only get about 550 re's per reset [180 super repels]) ...hopefully 1 shines soon...mistralton cave is starting to drive me crazy XD
gratz on ze shinies and gl on your hunts.

edit: hope im not getting ahead of myself with the avatar...but sue me im optimistic...that and i vowed not to leave the cave without 1 XP

Last edited:

ysmr97

at 58 hatches in my Treecko hunt. want to get to 100 by today

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Y do ur chains break? Like a glitch, or bad luck?

ysmr97

My Treecko and Totodile where frequently making eggs, like, ALL the time, but have just randomly stopped. Is this normal?

Aleh

«Last Hope»
AAAAAAA I can't believe it, on my 15th chian a shiny Shinx appeared *_____*
This is the first shiny I ever caught personally! I'm so happy *-*
I took a photo too: http://i.imgur.com/4F9sxLM.jpg (mfw sorry for the bad quality lol)

Btw no, my chains broke randomly even if I checked every patch at least twice before choosing it lol

It is I-

My Treecko and Totodile where frequently making eggs, like, ALL the time, but have just randomly stopped. Is this normal?

Happens to me all of the time. Fast and slow production seems to come in waves, just wait them out.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta

Dangertrout

I have done 120 eggs for my Nidoran M, but have pretty much lost motivation.

Since Nidoran, both genders, have red eyes; am I correct in believing that one would count for the CH if one should shine in a timely manner?

That's right, Nidoran M / F both count for the CH

@ HGAddict, From what I understand, REing in Emerald works

Last edited:

ysmr97

where can I see the community hunt?

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master

dan2point5

Congrats on shiny shinx! Nothing like getting your first very own shiny!

Managed to do quite a bit of hunting today so I'm now at 2,000 RE's. Got a day off tomorrow as well so hopefully I'll get a lot more done.

Best of luck folks.

ysmr97

Does Treecko count for the CH?

ysmr97

Ok thanks.

king buba

ウーロン
I caught my first shiny the other day it was a female geodude though :L but still so happy all these years of running through grass paid off ^.^

TheEliteEmpoleon

I caught my first shiny the other day it was a female geodude though :L but still so happy all these years of running through grass paid off ^.^

Nice! Consider yourself extra lucky, because some peoples' shiny Geodudes blow up on them before they have a chance to catch them!