• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

*IZ*

Yea I went to get a yamna for my team and that BS happened. I'm sure everyone knows not to go hunting in the great marsh or safari zone. That was the first shiny I've dunces in like a year too.

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
not to add insult to injury, but the same thing happened to me, and after the third ball it was caught, but I was just like "cmon, you lil b-word! Stay in the ball!". Now to MM a shiny Kricketune!

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I have finally resumed my SS BadgeQuest, and I'm at 445 SRs right now. I really hope Cyndaquil shines soon

ANywyas, congrates on the Duosion and Druddigon you two, and every else's recent hunts.

*IZ*

not to add insult to injury, but the same thing happened to me, and after the third ball it was caught, but I was just like "cmon, you lil b-word! Stay in the ball!". Now to MM a shiny Kricketune!

Congrats, man. At least it worked for you.

OnceDone

Just a quick question, maybe it will give me a bit of motivation to start some hunts I've wanted to:
How many REs does it usually take you to get a Shiny?

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
What can I do with a hacked Shiny? I have a black Charizard, caught in a luxury ball (which is impossible unless it was a dream world charizard, which it is not)

*IZ*

What can I do with a hacked Shiny? I have a black Charizard, caught in a luxury ball (which is impossible unless it was a dream world charizard, which it is not)

Release it. It's useless. Unless if you still want to use it, hit just don't trade it.

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
...ok since i cant stick to one area to RE ive decided to MM for Golett instead(needed a shiny ''Fly'' pokemon and none beat that ''ghost'' Gundam :p). when i start to RE again ill go back to Abundant Shrine them MM solosis after(instead of RE Route 9 Duosion...) sigh...XD

Zachmac

Just a quick question, maybe it will give me a bit of motivation to start some hunts I've wanted to:
How many REs does it usually take you to get a Shiny?
On average, the chances should be...
1 in 8,192 if you're just running through the grass/water/caves/whatever or encountering a stationary pokemon(with a few exceptions, such as Zekrom/Reshiram)
1 in 2,048 if the pokemon is born from two pokemon who have different nationalities in any 4th generation game.
1 in 1,365.3 if your pokemon is born from two pokemon who have different nationalities in any 5th generation game.
1 in 2,730.6 if you're running through grass/water/caves/ect or encountering stationary pokemon if you have an item called the shiny charm.
1 in 1024 if you're breeding two pokemon with different nationalities in any 5th generation game if you have said shiny charm.
The chance of a shiny chained with the poke rader is as follows, with the highest chances capping out after you've found 40 pokemon of the same species in a row.
Chance = (14747 - 40*ChainNumber)/2621440(41-ChainNumber)

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm still on SR ing Kyrem.It's the 9th day I think.I've been doing nothing but this.I'm really sure I'm above 5000 SRs.Maybe even 10000?

So still no luck Sring for Oshawott currently 853 SR's :( eager to start this badge quest already!!!!

Gratz to all recent shinies and completed community hunts :)

I have a question bout badge quests, can u have hm slaves/ pickup pokemon or is it exclusively shinies in the party??

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
So still no luck Sring for Oshawott currently 853 SR's :( eager to start this badge quest already!!!!

Gratz to all recent shinies and completed community hunts :)

I have a question bout badge quests, can u have hm slaves/ pickup pokemon or is it exclusively shinies in the party??

You can use any Pokémon. You just have to get a Shiny before each gym.

230 REs in Giant chasm and 90 SRs for the Johto Starters. If I egt something to shine in the Chasm. I will begin Kyurem.

EDIT: I have to double my effort for the next couple o' hours. Going away for the whole evening with a group. Praying for Metang to be nice and grace my screen.

Last edited:

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Quick question, would shinies caught in Pokemon Colosseum count for the CH? Because I'm thinking of trying for a shiny Aipom... plus the chance is double than normal, because they don't always retain shininess when captured, so it'd take a lot of catching, checking, then resetting XD< but I fancy giving myself a challenge.

Dangertrout

Quick question, would shinies caught in Pokemon Colosseum count for the CH? Because I'm thinking of trying for a shiny Aipom... plus the chance is double than normal, because they don't always retain shininess when captured, so it'd take a lot of catching, checking, then resetting XD< but I fancy giving myself a challenge.

I will not be counting Colosseum shinies, sorry :(

For our next hunt, we'll be going with something more restricted. :p
Also, voting ends Saturday the 23rd. I'll post the result Sunday =)

March CH Vote (As always, please PM your choice to avoid clutter in the thread):

Option 1: Obtain a Bug or Grass type shiny via MM/RE/SR (must have the typing at time of capture/hatching)
Option 2: Obtain a shiny via MM (must have an EGG move at time of hatching)
Option 3: Obtain a shiny via SR
Option 4: Obtain a shiny via RE in Giant Chasm (Cave and Forest areas both count)

Last edited:

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
FINALLY! After months and months of endless egg hatching, I proudly present to you a shiny Porygon!!
This hunt still took more than 2,600 eggs, but it was well worth it in the end.

Behold my awful phone pictures:

View attachment 8196
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/1361463879956.jpg/

OMG congratiez on the Porygon! I've been rooting for you to get it for so long~! Congratiez again~! Also, congratiez on all the other recent shinies. Welp, I'm offically at a 2 month shiny drought, due to not knowing what to MM... i'll figure out something -_-" I've collected 3 boxes of bagon eggs, but I haven't hatched them yet... I'm holding out to see the next community hunt winner catigory. GL to everyone on their hunts~* Let's make some star fly~*

EDIT: WOW!!! O.O' Stars really did fly fast xD Congratiez on the shiny Pansear Dangertrout!!! :D

Last edited:

Dangertrout

As I mentioned earlier, I'm still working on teams for friends...
While trying to get something with good IVs I hatched a shiny Pansear! It's Timid with Nasty Plot bred into it. Male, as usual :p I'll edit in the rest of the details later.

yay shiny pansear!!

edit - max defense, special attack and speed. not too shabby for an accident :p

Last edited:

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
grats on the porygon and on pansear(too bad the next CH didnt start with OPTION 2[youd be soooo far ahead DT XP])

collected 4 boxes of Golett eggs and started hatching, i've been watching shiny golett hunts on YT and most who hunted it at Dragonspiral found one(at least) within a few thousand REs[alot a few hundred]...i know it doesnt mean that everyone will get one that fast but i may try if these eggs turn up nothing(except if after i start REing the next CH is option 2, which then ill go back to MMing[Earthquake and Focus Blast EGG moves :p])

Good Luck on all hunts!!

edit: oh yeah as for the next CH it doesnt matter for me(i have ideas for all options[though i am rooting against one of the options...:p])

Last edited: