• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

kayteemae

Hit To Key
A lot of shinies already this month, congrats everyone!

I didn't manage to complete the CH for February as my Mareep failed to shine so I'm taking a break and having a go at this months CH instead! I've gone for Joltik, got my fingers crossed that I'll have better luck this month!

It is I-

Guys I have a question.I've been SRing Kyurem for a month and nothing yet.:(
I really need a break to train my newest shinies.Can I just leave Kyurem there and return later?Will he still be there?

As long as you don't fight him he will stay there for you to return to at your convenience. If you have entered the fight just SR so the game thinks that you are standing in front of him but haven't fought yet. Whenever I am SRing something I always leave it atleast once a day to go deal with Join Avenue.

785 eggs, two shinies and I still haven't obtained a hustle Nidroran M. But I have pretty much all day today so maybe today.

GottaEarnThemAll

Shiny/Trophy Hunter!
Ack, has it really been almost 30 pages since my first post? Wow.. sorry if anybody replied to my post, I'm still trying to catch up. :x

Anyway, I'm posting again to proudly say this: Community hunt complete!

After another short hunt (although longer than all the others) I hatched a shiny Weedle! She (hoping for a male but whatever) only took 36 eggs, 127 if you count the 91 I hatched last month in my MM frenzy.
I was hoping for the CH to be anything green so I could hatch a Teddiursa for my Pickup team, but it wasn't and it turns out I don't have one or an Ursaring and no way to get either anyway so.. Weedle it was! It has very few cycles, is a bug type and also evolves into a green shiny so I figured why not?

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Just got my shiny charm today hopefully it will help in my secert hunt in W2.
Right now I'm REing for Durant in White, I'm also MMing for Sneasal. I'm at 65 and counting REs, as well as 98 MMs( I was doing MMs for a will before I decided to RE too).

Scrufox86

Oh my ...... I was just about to complain about my Treecko hunt going over 1700 eggs when i finally get a shiny!

I have finally got it yes! So that means... Community Hunt Complete!

By the way congratulations to everyone else who has gotten thier shinies. I recall a double whammy of both Nidorans and Weedle amongst them.

JohnNiles

Last month was a banner month for me - 7 shinies. I hatched eggs almost every day, but it was still incredibly fortunate nonetheless. I've decided to hatch shiny Sinnoh starters in locations that match their element, kind of like how old school combiner mecha are stashed away in volcanos or lakes. So today I got my shiny - from the Nature Preserve with the power of Grass, Turtwig! I hatched it in a little under 500 eggs, with Superpower and Thrash egg moves. The IVs are terrible - it didn't help that I didn't finish setting up a female with good IVs. I don't feel like pushing for a stronger shiny. I was actually gunning to get the first shiny of the month, but I fell short by quite a bit.

I'll edit in pictures later. I will probably stash it away until I get all 3 starters. Actually, I'm not certain what I'll be doing next. I was planning on doing a playthrough with a shiny version of Red's team after the Meloetta event expires, but I was thinking of breeding a shiny Pidgey so that they all match instead of using the random one I chained. Pidgeot's stats and abilities are mediocre though, blah.

Congrats to JAWAYami for being the first to finish the community hunt, gustavo14 for the most unusual reason for getting into shiny hunting, and eleiefarozi for luckiest pokeradar chain break. Also, hats off to wobbanut and RaichuArcanine for some serious persistence. o_O

Community hunt complete.

Good luck! Terrakion is really nice! What do you plan on nicknaming it? Or is that a secret...)

Thank you! Nah, it's not a secret. I'm gonna name him after Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph :). Good luck in your hunt, hope you get the Pokemon you want!

Managed to do a few more SRs for Terrakion, but haven't had much time. Been really busy with my homework. Luckily, my spring break will be coming in about 3 weeks, so I'll have some extra time then. Hoping it'll shine before then though, lol.

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
Hey guys. Ive finished to VERY long hunts Dialga ( on and off for a year) and kyurem ( on and off for 6 months). I must of been at 30k srs for each of them

wiccan11

Shiny Collector
It always happens when you don't see it coming. First off congrads to everyone that has gotten their shinies. I was about ready to call the Shelmet MM hunt dead so I decided to hatch the last 9 eggs in the box. Three eggs into the hatching, boom shiny Shelmet. Now it's onto my shiny Magikarp MM hunt.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Well congrats everyone on the massive amount of recent shinies!

I'm up to around 6,900 encounters in my BQ hunt at Route 32. Really hope something shines soon, although I can't complain too much when Master is at almost the same amount as me, but with eggs instead...

Good luck everybody, especially those over odds!

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
well a few hunt updates: White i hatched 200 eggs before i decided to try Dreamyard again(hoping 3rd shinies the charm), and on my FR i decided to postpone Abra SR for Scyther SR..

good luck on all your hunts!

I've reached 2,6111 RE's in Pattern Bush and am levelling up my team as I go. Congrats on the Lunatone, Wynaut and Nidoran M. I just received some bad news. I lent my friend Sapphire and she informed me that the battery has gone dry. I don't have Ruby so now I can't hunt an R/S/E shinies, like Mudkip, Poochyena, Ralts and more. =(
~RaichuArcanine~​

You can always change the internal battery. As long as you are careful it should be fine. Just need a screwdriver, a new 1616 battery and some sticky tape.

Well congrats everyone on the massive amount of recent shinies!

I'm up to around 6,900 encounters in my BQ hunt at Route 32. Really hope something shines soon, although I can't complain too much when Master is at almost the same amount as me, but with eggs instead...

Good luck everybody, especially those over odds!

Ahh, you are beating me by even more now LOL

I am at 1150 RE for my JBQ shiny #2 at Route 32

Since I just replaced some internal batteries in my games I shall be resuming my Petalburg Woods hunt currently at 600 RE on my dead Sapphire, so I'll have to swap over to my other games. I'm hoping a Shroomish will shine!

3196 Shroomish eggs, but I'm going to take that hunt a bit slower as it's so boring and I have other hunts I want to catch up on.

I am also up to 2663 Abra in LeafGreen, however I'm thinking of changing to Tangela.

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck everyone

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys.

I haven't made a lot of progress but I figured I'd stop in for an update.

I'm playing through my sapphire version and hoping like crazy for a random shiny. When I finish my main play through I'll probably go after Beldum or whatever one of the Lati's that are in the game.

I've done maybe twenty RE's or so for my HG Badge quest but I'm sure that hunt will be slow moving because I'm not overtly fond of RE-ing.

I'm also going to pick up my kanto starter hunt again which is still at 800 sr's.

Also I decided that I'm going to pick up my torchic hunt again even though everytime I do that hunt depresses me like crazy. At 21,000 Sr's though I'd feel like such a failure if I quit. So expect to see a lot of complaining about chickens because I know it won't shine any time soon.

Congrats on all the new shinies and I wish everyone luck!

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
As I said yesterday, my DS shiny hunts are on hold, I'm focusing in my LG and FR atm. So far, the place I was RE last night, I saw this one this morning:
[img139]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o621/PopPrincess_Lyra/IMG_2119_zps8e434ccf.jpg[/img139]
Took me 6 in-game hours about 4000-5000 encounters.

I did not want a Weedle. I want a Ledyba XD Time to hunt again, nya~

SEGludian

Community Hunt Complete

On the second to the last soft reset for the night, I got a shiny Volcarona. I didn't think I would get it that fast, especially since I hatched a shiny on that same game last month. I was actually dual hunting on two shiny charm games so while it may have been 319 dual resets, adjusted it is more like 1914 encounters.

Unfortunately, the nature is Jolly which hinders Special Attack. A quick run to pokecheck says that the IVs are fairly poor as well.
HP: 7 - ATK: 6 - DEF: 6 - SpATK: 23 - SpDEF: 0 - SPD: 15 - Hidden Power: Bug(49)
I guess special attack and speed really aren't that bad, and a shiny volcarona is nothing to sneeze at. Good luck to everyone.

Kyle Clarthy

Hey all! I have to say that I've read through all the posts since I was last here, and there's been so many shiny Pokemon caught in that time that it's awesome to see. Unfortunately I can't name every single one of those captures, but here's a blanket congratulations to all!

I was wondering how I would tackle this, as I've gotten a few shinies since I last posted, so sorry if this turns out to be a longwinded novel-sized post.

1. The Vegetable Lamb of Tartary

Okay, so I believe the last shiny I reported was a Cottonee, but I don't think I had any photos at that stage. I had just gotten my shiny Skorupi, and wanted to start on my next hunt, so I went to Victory Road and after 652 encounters there I found a female Cottonee. I had been REing for a short while in the morning when I heard the sparkles. I really wasn't expecting it, so I didn't even really see it when it first scrolled across the screen. I named her Tartary after the The Vegetable Lamb of Tartary. It was a shock, needless to say! I was settling myself in for a long hunt, but it was almost over before it began. Now, this might come across as pathetic, but I haven't evolved her yet, as I was hoping for a male one. I have a nickname for him and everything. I also think that Cottonee's shiny looks so good as it is that I might one day RE for another one and see if I can get a male to evolve ... having said that, I might just evolve her and be done with it. Not sure at this stage.

[img139]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8415/1000814v.jpg[/img139]
1000815u.jpg

1000816.jpg

2. Sparkling Blimp

Pretty much straight after Tartary, I decided I would do another RE hunt for that elusive Grumpig. As soon as I get a shiny, I'm always thinking about where I'm going to hunt next, and almost have to start straight away. I feel like I'm on such a high and I'm so excited that I don't really take into account the fact that you can just burn out after a while. I know a lot of people here would understand what I mean. But I always am determined to see a hunt through, so I pushed on and on and the attempt to find that shiny pig again.

The numerous hatching attempts on different games haven't really worked out so far, and I was rewarded with a Skorupi for my last effort, but then the hunt started to drag on again. Now, I'm aware that the hunt wasn't an awfully long one, but it was probably more in the middle. By the end of it I was getting a little drained. Anyway, one afternoon/early evening, I was plugging away there, half paying attention and half surfing the net, when I happened to see something really bright scrolling across the screen, and making a sparkle. It looked amazing. I know I've said it before, but sometimes Serebii just doesn't do justice to a shiny until you actually see it in game. It was so vibrant and distinctive. A female Drifblim was staring me down after 5,064 encounters. The battle wasn't too interesting, and after I caught her, I ended up nicknaming her Helioom after my first ever Drifloon I caught when I first played Gen 4.

[img139]http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4202/1000823p.jpg[/img139]
1000824i.jpg

1000829w.jpg

So, Helioom wasn't the Grumpig I've always wanted, but she definitely put a smile on my face. I'm very happy with her.

3. Vibrant Virizion

Okay, so after that, I was all set to get stuck into a new type of hunt. Yep, pretty much straight away. So, I thought it was finally time to SR for Latios. Considering I was trying to double SR at the time with another ongoing hunt, the fact that you had to walk across to encounter Latios each and every time was throwing me out of whack, so I decided to swap to another target after like half an hour to an hour of awkward Latios hunting.

The long story short is that Virizion obviously didn't think it was a good time to shine, so it took quite a little while to appear. If you look at the date that I caught Helioom and then look when I caught Virizion, I basically hunted every day in the meantime as much as I possibly could. My fingers were really hurting due to the amount of SRs I was doing, and while I did have to do everyday typical stuff, every spare moment I could I was hunting for this baby. I don't really count SRs, so I'm not sure how many SRs I did all up, but it was getting to this point where I was getting paranoid that I was either doing something wrong, or I'd SRed over one because I didn't see the shiny. When it did appear, I was doing the usual thing, surfing the net at the same time, and I glanced down to see a very very pink form appear, and I immediately knew that there was no way you could miss it. I know I just talk myself into it, and then get worried that I might not have been paying enough attention.

[img139]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5403/1000841g.jpg[/img139]
1000842kx.jpg

Virizion was actually a pretty quick capture, and only took three balls to subdue. It was such a rush! My apologies. The next few shinies I didn't have a camera for a while, so I didn't get to take any photos until recently.

4. Eevee Eggs

So, time for a switch up again. I hadn't hatched a shiny in Black 2 yet, so I decided that this would be my next hunt, and considering I desperately want an Espeon named Mystro, I decided now was the time to do it. Eggs after eggs after eggs were produced with the help of the Round Charm. I had actually written it down somewhere, but after around 3,500 eggs, I was beginning to get a little annoyed. So, I thought I'd get out Black, and stock up every single box on that game as well. I even found a Dream World Eevee female, so the thought of this fabled Magic Bounce Espeon was pretty cool. Anyway, after stocking up all available boxes on Black and Black 2, I began to hatch. I hatched on Black first. It only took 239 eggs for the shiny to appear! Black and White never seem to fail me. I still had boxes left on Black to hatch, so when I saw that the shiny didn't have Anticipation I hoped another one might be within one of the multiple boxes left on both games. There wasn't, but hey, that's cool.

[img139]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3610/1000854u.jpg[/img139]
1000856.JPG

However, I set aside the Eevee and contemplated the idea of hatching for another one ... and hoping it got stuck with Anticipation. I didn't want to evolve the quirky natured Eevee and have him stuck with Synchronise when I would be using him, as I'd be constantly capturing quirky natured Pokes.

So ...

5. Even More Eevee Eggs

6,250 eggs now for Tauros... If this decides to go over regular odds, I don't know...

I can understand how you feel. It's torture. I know you wont give up, and it probably doesn't mean much, but keep pushing on. What is your current method of hatching? Maybe mix it up for a change, see what happens then. Good luck.

I was determined to hatch this durn shiny Eevee on Black 2. Unfortunately, Black 2 just didn't want a bar of it. It was really wearing me out, but I just couldn't stop. I ended up making more room in my boxes, trading Pokemon over to my Black version. It seemed to do the trick, as not too long afterwards, I finally hatched a shiny Eevee on Black 2 after 6,051 eggs ... with the shiny charm, too! But finally, it appeared! And no, it did not have Anticipation, so I'm back to hatching the remaining eggs and collecting more. I'll get that Espeon one day, I know it!

I wasn't sure what to evolve both Eevee into, but the first one I've decided is now going to be called Pyrox and will be a Flareon. Flareon is my favourite Gen 1 Eeveelution. This second guy is going to be a Glaceon, as I love Glaceon, too. I named him Kit, as it sort of sounded like it fits, and there are those Kit Foxes on the loose somewhere. Also, stuff like Snowy and Flaky and Icy are all kind of dull or too common or too obvious.

[img139]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8391/1000836s.jpg[/img139]

I only have a couple of pics of Kit so far, so here you go. Pyrox isn't trained yet. I got distracted!

1000865sw.jpg

1000866z.jpg

6. EV training Eevee Pays Off

Sooo, this happened yesterday! I'm still on a high. I had a number of Pokemon to EV train, so I thought I'd better get down to it! So, I rounded them all up, and began to buy the vitamins I would need and chart my course.

I got sick of running around in Celestial Tower without a bike, so I looked up where I could go to hunt instead, and saw Golduck at Village Bridge. So off I went. EV training was taking quite a while, even with Pokerus and the Macho brace. When I say that I don't mean days, but basically I was KOing a lot of poor Pokemon and taking my time with it, putting it in sleep mode whenever I wanted a break and so on.

Then I stuffed up. Oops, I just KOed that Seviper with my Darkrai when I was meant to run. So, I thought about it a bit, and decided that I'd log into the dream world and take some of my multiple Kelpsy berries to get rid of that pesky Attack EV. I stuffed around a bit there and actually got an error due to the fact that my Wifi doesn't seem to enjoy working perfectly with my Pokemon games, and I do get a lot of errors and issues as a result. And so I thought ... stuff this, I'll just reset the game and restart the EV training for Eevee/Kit. So, I did, not thinking that the game would have saved after trying to access the dream world. Oh, crap ... Oh well ... I'll work out the details with the berries later.

Three encounters later, I was so busy typing on my laptop that I did not notice an odd coloured Pokemon until I heard the sparkles. It was way too early for Kit to shine, so I knew it was a wild shiny!!! It was insane!!! I really wish I had seen it appear, but it was basically all over by the time I looked at the screen. It was a fantastic surprise.

I nicknamed him Wade, and it just seems to have stuck at this point. I love his colour.

So, it looked like I had another shiny to train up after finishing with Kit!

[img139]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7122/1000863j.jpg[/img139]
1000862c.jpg

1000859c.jpg

What....? Wait a minnit!!! Did you see that?! No way!

It took me a little while to pick up my jaw from the floor, and my shock was making me shake quite a bit, but I could not stop feeling as if someone was playing a joke on me. Yes, another random shiny appeared while I was training Wade's speed. I didn't even get to see the shiny when it initially appeared again, so I completely missed it until the sparkles weht off. Also, when I heard the sparkles, I was expecting Basculin to be rearing its ugly head ... but I was so lucky and got this instead.

7. The Lucky Duck's EV Training Ends Up Even Luckier

Unbelievable! I still can't really get over it even a day later! I named him Gill, but I wasn't really sure what to stick with. He is currently called Snipper at the moment, but not sure if that will stick, either. I absolutely love him. I've never used one before, but I have an excuse to now. :p

[img139]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9629/1000861.JPG[/img139]
1000860i.jpg

I guess I've used up my luck for the year in the last couple of days! I'm back to hatching Eevee eggs, but I think I'll be on a high for a little while! Anyway, thanks for reading, and good luck with all your hunts, guys and gals!

Last edited:

Codface

Oo thats alot of shinys. Virizion is my favourite shiny sprite for a legendary.

Following this months trend. Been GTS searching Lavista. This morning finally got a jp female with 3 maxed IVs. Time to breed! Wish me luck.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Wow Zane Clarthy! Nice to see you're back and with so many shinies, gratz! Also, gratz to everyone who got any shinies since my last post, so many o_o!

I'm now at day 6 for Registeel and pretty hopeful it will shine soon. I'm also over 2k REs on my secret hunt, can't wait until something shines! Good luck everyone.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Shiny!

Today marked two weeks with no shiny, until 9:12 tonight. A while back I promised my friend that I would get her a Shiny Litwick as Chandelure is her favorite pokemon to go with the Black/White game that I'm getting her for her birthday. So last night I got a Japanese Litwick off the GTs for my houndoom and hatched 20 eggs before calling it a night. I was chatting to her on facebook as I was hatching more earlier and I look down to see this:
IMG_1098_zps2356f503.jpg
! So happy right now that I can give her something really nice with her game. I was using the egg SR method and after 1,299 non shiny Growlithe, 825 non shiny Blitzle, 160 non shiny Turtwig and 150 non shiny Eevee on Black 2 with the Shiny charm, I finally have something! And the best part? It took 48 eggs! I will be alternting between the pattern bush and Litwick now, as I want a Shiny candle of my own. More photos:
IMG_1104_zps5bbb4693.jpg
IMG_1103_zps75f2bc78.jpg
IMG_1102_zpsc20c6ba7.jpg
IMG_1106_zpsae20096c-1.jpg
IMG_1099_zpsafbf5c73.jpg

Good luck on your hunts guys, I'm beaming from ear to ear right now! =).
~RaichuArcanine~​

Last edited: