• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheMaster327

Who wants more Voltorb pics?

233156_zps65bcef51.jpg

233207_zpsdd2603f1.jpg

233217_zpsaef96175.jpg

Crimson_Blazer

Started SRing virizion on my shiny charm game on feb 28th, this wouldve fluted for last Monty's CH as well, probably only done about 200 since i left my game and 3DS at my grandma's for 4 damn days... Ill start live hunting again once this shines and hopefully will double up on the CH with a bug or grass type in pinwheel and route 12? Whichever one has Hera, pinsir and all those other bug and grass types

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
...and, Community Hunt Complete!

Roselia_zpsa4b16bbe.jpg

Man, it felt good to be able to say that for once, but yup, after a long 12146 RE's, a female Roselia shined for me last night right before bed, which was almost 20 hours ago at this point. Quiet nature, which is on the better end of natures for Roselia, and I managed to safely catch her in a Premier Ball. I'm very pleased with everything, and I'm glad to be done with such a lengthy hunt with a female shiny, which is a first in this BQ. Nothing wrong with male Roselia -- I just wanted to get at least one female shiny, because I like equality. :p Next will be Acuity Lakefront for BQ #7. Meanwhile, congrats on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

Umbreon Bob

So the heartgold I just got contained shiny entei, suicuine and raikou. OH EMM GEE

Scrufox86

Ok congratulations to all recent shinies everyone!

Update on my hunts. Well I hatched all 8 boxes on my white version and found..... no shiny!

I am at 2000 RE's on route 5 on my black 2 version and still no shiny yet. I am hoping to get one before I reach 3000 RE's.

And I think I may go back to gen IV games and try to chain Bagon, Meditite or something else I haven't got a shiny of.

Good luck to everyone on your shiny hunts

ohjeezitskim

After I hatch my eggs should I save? or can I sr and start all over (So I don't have to release all the hatched pokemon..)
Mainly, will it change my chances for getting a shiny AT ALL. Same with random encounters. :C

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Grr, my laptop restarted overnight for some updates and so it got rid of my message with all the "congrats" on it >_< wish my computer would do what *I* want it to do and not what it wants to do =.= Oh well, backtracking ~5 pages now...

Congrats to Missingo. Master on Basculin, TheGreatGoomba on Druddigon, ChaChi on Zapdos, telivisionhead on Tepig, Bonetail on Charmander, pokemaster13 on Treecko, Pidjiken on something I can't see o_O, Bleu on Electrike, 2rsa on Magikarp (I finally got your name right! I finally realized it wasn't "2sra"), TheMaster327 on Voltorb, JAWAYami on Sunkern, Marvs on Skarmory and Drifblim, gustavo 14 on Roselia, and dan2point5 on Mudkip!

Hope I didn't forget anyone on my second time through :x

Sorry to hear about the Shiny Poliwhirl, Houka. And sorry about Lugia, Master Leo =\

And sorry to hear about the bad hospital visit, Dangertrout :(

As for me, I'm feeling better, I think my pinkeye is nearly completely gone, my ears are still a little plugged, but I only have some sniffling and occasional coughing left of my cold. (Thanks, JohnNiles!)

How many have you guys obtained and which ones are your favourites?
Well I've only gotten 2 shinies. *shrugs* I think everyone knows my favorite is Umbreon :x

(A better question is, do you guys name your shinies?)
I thought about it over the summer, and I ended up naming my 3 main team members on SS...But maybe for the reason that the names I picked weren't great, I decided I wouldn't name my shinies once I get them. Hm, I guess I did name the shiny Gyarados though ("Trident", so original of course), since he was sort of on my team.

As for hunting...I've only done a little. I'm at 2,925 SRs for Piplup, and 3,700 REs in Virbank Complex. I plan on hunting some more today though, so hopefully I get some more done...Yesterday, I thought I'd get at least ~100 or so SRs, and then ended up searching for a new digital camera to ask for for my birthday, which I spent several hours doing and thus only did 50 SRs...*sigh*...

Good luck everyone!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
After I hatch my eggs should I save? or can I sr and start all over (So I don't have to release all the hatched pokemon..)
Mainly, will it change my chances for getting a shiny AT ALL. Same with random encounters. :C

Nah, it doesn't affect your chances. The way I MM is that I save in front on the daycare man then I hatch the eggs as I get them until I've filled up my remaining empty boxes with offspring. If nothing shines I just SR and repeat. This way I don't have to keep releasing boxes of offspring over and over again. The only time when I have to do some mass releasing is after I've gotten the shiny and I need to clear out my boxes for the next MM hunt. Good luck!

Last edited:

Umbreon Bob

Event legends from the zoroark movie most likely. Done another 150 or so SRs for virizion, with a Jolly synchronizer

Yes that seems correct, they all have extreme speed and are level 30. Found an event latios in the game whilst I was getting the Beldum from steven.

In total that gives me the shiny beasts, event latios, Beldum, Mudkip, Japanese dragonite, bunch of german dittos and a zapdos. Best $5 Ive ever spent.

(sorry about the derail)

ohjeezitskim

Nah, it doesn't affect your chances. The way I MM is that I save in front on the daycare man then I hatch the eggs as I get them until I've filled up my remaining empty boxes with offspring. If nothing shines I just SR and repeat. This way I don't have to keep releasing boxes of offspring over and over again. The only time when I have to do some mass releasing is after I've gotten the shiny and I need to clear out my boxes for the next MM hunt. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I had the feeling it didn't matter, but I just wanted to make sure! I've been doing it correctly then and now I can go back to "egging!"

Bariokie

rock dog
Just found a Shiny Nincada :D
It is now at my black2
Time to level this thing up LIKE A BOSSSS ^^
My5th Shiny found this year C:

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I decided to join the shiny hunting cause I finally got my copy of White 2 last Sunday.Is Volcarona counted for the CH?I'm currently have 195 SRs.

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
^yeah i believe Volcarona counts(being a bug type and all...)

as for my hunts im hatching Venonat eggs #425-550(i do 120+5 a run)[did eggs 0-300 before REing Route 12(Sunkern)]...which reminds me ill either have to RE Route 12 again later or MM both Pinsir and Rapidash at a later time...*sigh*

good luck on all ongoing hunts/grats on recent shiny success :)

dan2point5

Congrats on Koffing and Nincada!

Now that I've got my Mudkip I'm unsure what to hunt next. I might try own every single shiny starter. So far I'm already at:

Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Mudkip
Chimchar
Piplup

So I only need 6 more to complete the set!

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats everyone on your recent shinies, I'm envious!

So on Route 32 I'm currently at 9,750 REs. Haven't made as much progress as I would've hoped this week, but I've got 4 total hours of driving on Saturday and at least two more Sunday, so I'm confident I'll be passing 10,000 and beyond this weekend. (Unless my ankle ends up being fractured, in which case I'll be sitting on my *** all weekend and also surpass 10,000 and beyond)

Good luck everyone!

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Ohmygod!!!

Random shiny cottonee!!!

Umm community hunt completed?!

Edit:

Okay, I just caught the little tyke. He's bashful natured, has prankster as an ability and is temporarily nicknamed "Quinn" until I can think of something more suitable for him, (any ideas?).

Ohmygod, this is so crazy. I love how when I take a break from hunting a shiny shaking patch for the first time in forever, I get my first shiny since july. Even better, I get the pre-evolved form of a shiny I already have. Oh well, at least he's something! :)

Last edited: