• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Congrats to NintendoFan82, ohjeezitskim, blue8arman, TheEliteEmpoleon, and Zane Clarthy on the shinies!

TheMaster327: Dang man, I hope you get your shiny soon, but i applaud your patience! I think I would have dropped the hunt after 1000 eggs!
Zane Clarthy Thank you for the goodluck! C:

Just an update on mine, reached 9.2k encounters for lil'petilil, 6.9k since the last shiny find
oh boy > <;;

Goodluck to everyone else who in getting their shinies, especially those in a long hunt!

*sigh*

March Madness *cough* miserable March Madness for me.

Up to 14764 Abras.
7550 SR for Torchic
2900 RE in Petalburg Woods
3107 at Route 32
3855 eggs for Shroomish :/

going to SR for Abra and encounter some Route 32 pokemon.. so far all of my hunts are are going over the odds, im sure Petalburg and Route 32 are next -.-

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck everyone..
For all you lucky people, feel free to share your luck :p

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Another update on my Reversal Mountain Skorupi hunt: Just captured my second shiny drifblim! This marks my third shiny on the hunt for skorupi, don't know nature etc as it was sent to my box.

Congrats on all the recent shiny news!

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Y'know what, I've not shiny hunted for a while, so I might pick it back up. I'll be hunting in floccesy though, as Virbank was starting to annoy me |D

Everlasting

Everything stays.
On to my news!

I got my next Badge Quest shiny last night, just before 12. I've been hatching a box of Eevee eggs while also encountering in HG. When I finish a box of eggs, I reset HG and try again. I don't really know why, but I just feel a little refreshed when I do so.

This particular time was dragging on a bit, and because it was late, I probably wasn't so quick with my reflexes as I would have been earlier. It didn't look like anything would shine, so I was looking at my laptop while I had the DS balanced on the side of it, near the keys. I hadn't really noticed that it had slid a bit, and then suddenly after I had ran away from a Pokemon and I was about to encounter another one, the DS slipped off and fell onto the bed. I tried to grab it, but because I was leaning on my elbow, it was kind of awkward, so I just reached for the pad and began to press random directions in the vain hope of running into something.

And I did! Even I could see from my position that the Pokemon was different. And it was the one I wanted! That's kind of rare for me with REs, as I usually don't care what I get, but sometimes I hunt something like Pawniard and get those two Minccino instead! And it kind of shocked me, but not in the same way as Nidoran. This time it was more like a, "Is this really happening? This is hilarious." type of feeling.

So, here's some pics!

[img139]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1271/1000880s.jpg[/img139]
1000879gl.jpg

1000881ct.jpg

1000882y.jpg
Edit: You might notice that black line ... lol ... I only just noticed it then, but I realised what it was. I must have accidentally drew on it while I was in Paint reducing the size of the picture. Sorry about that!

I'd been hunting every spare moment since Gemini the Nidoran, so I'm really happy! And I just need one more shiny and then I can stop calling my Lopsided Heart Gold Badge Quest a Lopsided one! This feels awesome. It will be cool to finally finish this.

I'm not sure whether Webby will stick or not ... err, pun not intended there! I mean, Luna is now Gemini, so hey, Webby might change sometime in the future. Not sure at this stage.

It's a bit of a pity all the Pokemon I want to be shiny in HG are usually out at night time instead of during the day, however. It makes it rather limiting.

Anyway, thanks for sticking through my looooong post, as usual! ;)

Seeya soon, hopefully!
I'm very happy for you because I'm somebody that follows your Badge Quest because this one interested me. I like you explain how you caught your latest Shiny and that's why I give you a big congratulation right now ! Good luck on your next hunt !

Just an update on mine, reached 9.2k encounters for lil'petilil, 6.9k since the last shiny find
oh boy > <;;

Goodluck to everyone else who in getting their shinies, especially those in a long hunt!

I actually saw you few times on that thread and it has made a long time since you started your hunt on Petilil. I'm sorry for you, I wish my hopes will gain you luck next time ! You could switch on Masuda Method, no ?

I just have a question. When you guys are saying, for example, 5000 RE, does that means you've encoutered 5000 times the Pokémon your hunting or you've encoutered 5000 time a Pokémon that lives in the area you are currently hunting ?

Last edited:
I just have a question. When you guys are saying, for example, 5000 RE, does that means you've encoutered 5000 times the Pokémon your hunting or you've encoutered 5000 time a Pokémon that lives in the area you are currently hunting ?

5000 pokemon that live in the area, or pokemon seen before finding a shiny etc.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on all the march madness shinies recently caught!

I had little to no time to hunt all week and the only significant thing I did for my route 32 hunt was last night where I got it up to 11,103 REs. So it continues to rise and I'm not all that inspired anymore. But who knows maybe ill get it soon.

Anyways good luck everyone, especially themaster, helio, and ceecee along with anyone else with over-the-odds hunts.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
First off congrats to all shinies since my last post. I hate to blanket congrats but I've caught a head cold so I don't have much energy to see who got a shiny and congrats everyone. I got up to 2,967 RE's in Mistralton Cave on Black 2 today. Since I have the Shiny Charm I've passed the RE odds. I've also decided to MM the Shiny Eevee for my White 2 Badge Quest on Black 2 and trade it over as hunting in Castelia Park is too annoying for me. i don't overly care for IV's: however today I got a Japanese female Pawniard of the GTs for my level 1 Tailow which has 30-31 IV's in Attack, Speed and Special Defense which is so awesome! I also just found out that the Japanese Eevee DW ability mother that I got of the GTS for my level 1 Smeargle has 31 IV's in HP and Special Attack! Needless to say when I breed for a Shiny Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon and two Eevee's(one to stay an Eevee one to be Sylveon) on this game that'll be awesome! And the father which is the female DW Japanese Eevee's son has a Jolly Nature holding an everstone with randomly 31 Attack IV's! I gave the mother a power weight to pass on her HP IV. My shiny Flareon is going to own! A while back I hatched 150 Eevee using MM so I'm continuing the count from there. Best of luck to everyone, especially those with long hunts! I'll be alternating days between my two hunts on Black 2: one day for Wellspring RE's, the next for Eevee hatching.
~RaichuArcanine~

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Congratiez on the recent shinies~! I'm very sick atm so I haven't been on very much...sorry for the inactivity... Well i'm at a 3 month drought in 2 days.. *insert sarcastic yay here*
Gl to everyone on their hunts especially TheMaster on his MM mission for the green bull, and maybe one of my eevee eggs will shine soon... over 1,400+ eggs now which isn't a lot compared to TheMaster, but hey we both deserve something at this rate! x3
Again Gl to everyone, and let's make some sparkles fly~*

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Surprise! (I have been terribly busy)
No shiny on my end, I haven't been lucky since January when I managed to find a shiny Psyduck.
I have been MMing and SRing and so far nothing has decided to reveal itself to me.
And since I doubt I'll be getting this shiny, I suppose I'll tell you I have been hunting for a shiny Snivy.
Congrats on everyone's success on their hunts and hope for the best for everyone like me who are still hunting for their respected shinies.

bro

Cool story bro
YES, I just finished my first MM hunt and got it LIVE on video!
After 438 eggs, shiny Munna decides do appear on my Japanese Black version.

I started this hunt on last year but was being super lazy with it, so yesterday I started to hoard some eggs and hatched most of them today. I still have two boxes of eggs to hatch.
If you have any ideas for a name, let me know!

Here's a picture: http://i46.*******.com/ir1e0i.jpg
And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEE-wt8saI

And finally, congrats on any new shinies and good luck with hunts. ;080;

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
To anyone who has done a headbutt hunt before, does it take longer or shorter than a normal RE hunt? I'm considering it for my 3rd BQ target, but I can't decide.

Also congrats Pingouin on Latias, an awesome shiny and it took a long time!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
To anyone who has done a headbutt hunt before, does it take longer or shorter than a normal RE hunt? I'm considering it for my 3rd BQ target, but I can't decide.

Also congrats Pingouin on Latias, an awesome shiny and it took a long time!

It's not that bad, it's like doing an SR hunt in terms of length.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey all! Congrats on all recent shinies! Still working on Eevee number 5, as usual. I am currently at 960 eggs hatched out of 1320 obtained and 6000 REs for one as well with the shiny charm. I really hope to get this thing soon!

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck!! :)

fcmartins

I've been watching the thread for 4 days now so I decided to start posting. I'm MMing for a Shiny Charmander at the moment, I lost the track of the eggs at some point but I'm pretty sure I'm reaching the mark of 600 eggs, it's my first MM so I'm not getting bummed, but I hope it shines soon. Congrats for all the recent shinies!

Sorry for any English mistakes, I'm brazillian.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Congratz on all the shinies thus far.

Lo, and behold. I had the most wonderous thing occur to me today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVh_sgDb3uk

My Latias finally shined! I was dual resetting with a Cabalion on Black and this Latias, which I've been hunting for since late January (15k R/Es in all!). It is, bar none, my favourite pokemon in the Pokedex so this was a dream come true for me! =) I was watching an episode of Casualty, I see a sick girl dressed in a yellow cardigan on the screen, I look down, and I see an equally yellow Latias before my eyes. It also only took three Ultra balls. I'm sure the Latis have a pretty high catch rate compared to most legends, but it was a boon since my camera can only record for so long.

It's a Quiet nature. Synch didn't work, but I'm not worried in the slightest. I'm really glad I have this wonderful mon legitmately on my roster now.

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Hey everyone!
Congrats on the Heracross, Munna, two Latias, and any other recent shinies!

As for me, I finally have shiny news!

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/9137/img0044wu.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/7060/img0047ee.jpg

I was literally about to stop hunting for awhile, when Latios finally shone for me! At 3,261 total soft resets, it's my first SR hunt to go over the shiny charm odds. It was totally worth it though! Oh, and my sync finally worked, so it's Modest!

And geez, it seems like a lot of you are having hunts that are over-the-odds, too. Hopefully everyone can find some good luck!

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Hey everyone!
Congrats on the Heracross, Munna, two Latias, and any other recent shinies!

As for me, I finally have shiny news!

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/9137/img0044wu.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/7060/img0047ee.jpg

I was literally about to stop hunting for awhile, when Latios finally shone for me! At 3,261 total soft resets, it's my first SR hunt to go over the shiny charm odds. It was totally worth it though! Oh, and my sync finally worked, so it's Modest!

And geez, it seems like a lot of you are having hunts that are over-the-odds, too. Hopefully everyone can find some good luck!

I'm gonna confess right now, my 15k SRs was actually WITH the shiny charm. I am far, far more unlucky D: congratz!