• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on everyone's recent shinies!

I'm now at 15,678 REs at Route 32 in SS. I think that this hunt is going to surpass my 1st shiny magnemite hunt. I'm going to finish up some homework now and continue hunting later.

Good luck everybody!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Shiny buizel! after 5029 REs 6th shiny of my platinum BQ!

Omg i am so excited i heard his sound and then some sparkles and immediately froze ok im going to attempt to catch it holy crap! glad it wasnt a chatot because i hoping for a water shiny and buizel shows up! good luck everyone will have pics soon!

dan2point5

Congrats cocoa! Great shiny! Massive congrats to everyone else as well who have grabbed shinies since I've last posted.

I've been ridiculously busy lately with it all finishing with being best man at my best friends wedding on Saturday, so now my schedule has completely freed up and I've decided to start hunting again. So far today I've done 200 SR's for Turtwig so I'm looking forward to continuing tomorrow.

TheMaster327

So, 150 SRs for Latios, nothing yet... Hatched some more Tauros, now at 7,800 eggs, still nothing there... What exactly is Dan's MM record? I'm fast approahing that...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Currently at 360 eggs, nothing. I'm getting bored, I need a break right now... I'm bored, but I can't imagine the pain and unpatience you should have, TheMaster327, I hope you'll have it soon, you deserve it. At least you've got shinies between the time you started this hatching hunt. Good luck, do your best.
As for me, I decided to stop for now and concentrate on something I wanted to do for long ; Pokémon Contests. So I'm winning ribbons in my Sapphire and Diamond version, but since it's not the main subject of this thread, I won't talk about it any longer.
Good luck to everyone, I'm on your side all the time !

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Houka on Woobat, HootingLilligant on Eevee, *Murkrow on Solosis, TheMaster327 on Registeel, ohjeezitskim on Petilil, RedJirachi on Virizion, cocoadragon on Buizel, ChaChi on Ho-oh and anyone else I missed!

Just hit 1510 eggs for Eevee and still nothing! This shiny charm really needs to kick in lol. I'm also at day 2 for Johto starters so its still a bit to soon to be expecting anything to shine there but who knows!

@Zane Clarthy - I'm really interested in Chespin and Xerneas so I'm hoping their shinies look good!

Good luck everyone and don't give up!

EDIT: LOL! and just like that, shiny Chikorita!!

Lesson_zps2f26d5e4.jpg

Its male and the nature is Hasty. Now all I need is Totodile! Hopefully I don't get a lot of repeats like the ones I saw on youtube o_o!

Last edited:

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I remember hunting for a shiny solosis. I found a Shiny Minccino and then my shiny Solosis 2 hours later. That was my luckiest moment. The solosis was timid nature as my synchronize for bold did not work. I ended up keeping it because timid is fine. As for the Minccino, it was bold... which is bad =[

I am interested in doing more shiny hunts. I want a shiny Deino so badly. I remember going through about 1000 eggs doing the Masuda method and never got one. =[

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Congrats on all recent shinies. I don't have the time to recognize the enormous amount of people right now, but I will try to later.

My Beldum hunt has just reached 350 eggs. I'm slowly but surely making my way to a shiny Beldum. I just started my LG badge quest hunt after defeating Misty and training my Paras to match my team (she evolved :)) That hunt seems to be going quicker though. I really hoping for a pidgey, as this is the fourth hunt that I've had a chance to get a pidgey, and I haven't ever gotten one. Plus I love Pigdeott's shiny form. I'll be happy with any of them though.

Good luck on all your hunts! Especially TheMaster. I don't know if I could handle that many eggs o_O

Crimson_Blazer

Congratz to Houka on Woobat, HootingLilligant on Eevee, *Murkrow on Solosis, TheMaster327 on Registeel, ohjeezitskim on Petilil, RedJirachi on Virizion, cocoadragon on Buizel, ChaChi on Ho-oh and anyone else I missed!

Just hit 1510 eggs for Eevee and still nothing! This shiny charm really needs to kick in lol. I'm also at day 2 for Johto starters so its still a bit to soon to be expecting anything to shine there but who knows!

@Zane Clarthy - I'm really interested in Chespin and Xerneas so I'm hoping their shinies look good!

Good luck everyone and don't give up!

EDIT: LOL! and just like that, shiny Chikorita!!

Lesson_zps2f26d5e4.jpg

Its male and the nature is Hasty. Now all I need is Totodile! Hopefully I don't get a lot of repeats like the ones I saw on youtube o_o!
Damn you...I'm at 4,400 SRs for my Johto starter... I want to start my first BQ already but dayum is this taking forever

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on all the shinies lately!

I just hit 16,230 REs for my SS BQ at route 32. I did an enormous amount of REs this weekend, I had just hit 14k on Friday night, so over 2,000 this weekend. But now that it surpassed magnemite in terms of REs, I hope it doesn't beat my Pidgey hunt.

Good luck everyone!

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
grats on the Chikorita :)

up to 500+ eggs hatched for Staryu..nothing yet...but i did realize i have to stop MMing pokemon that have red circles-blue circle shiny forms..eg: Venonats red/blue eyes, Staryu red/blue gem, etc...red circles are starting to annoy me XP

Good Luck on all hunts

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Wow! Not only did I just barely get a shiny two days ago (or was it yesterday?) but also I just posted ten minutes ago. And already, shiny Meowth has appeared in my game! That is the fastest and closest to another shiny I've ever gotten! I will post pictures in a minute. I don't have an available computer.

Also, yet again I'll take suggestions on what to hunt next. It has to be in routes available before defeating the fourth gym badge. Thanks and good luck on your hunts!

Edit: Here is the picture: IMG_20130407_210745.jpg

@Dangertrout Lol sorry I usually don't have this much luck XD But if you want to do a LG Badge Quest go for it. It's a lot of fun :) And I'll look into those routes thanks!

Edit 2: @ Dangertrout, sorry I'm not going to pick your routes again :/ I feel bad but I usually don't do hunts on routes with pokemon I already have a shiny of unless I really want a shiny pokemon off that route. So I will be hunting in Rock Tunnel. Thanks a lot though :) I like hearing suggestions from the community

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Wow! Not only did I just barely get a shiny two days ago (or was it yesterday?) but also I just posted ten minutes ago. And already, shiny Meowth has appeared in my game! That is the fastest and closest to another shiny I've ever gotten! I will post pictures in a minute. I don't have an available computer.

Also, yet again I'll take suggestions on what to hunt next. It has to be in routes available before defeating the fourth gym badge. Thanks and good luck on your hunts!

Another one already?! Stop it! You're making me want to run a LG BQ, and I have AWFUL luck >.<
I want to suggest one of the routes with Vulpix, but those buggers have roar or something. Oh, how about Route 11 for Drowzee?

edit - thats fine. i had originally thought Rock Tunnel, but next gym is grass, so... :p

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats on chikorita and meowth! Both sweet shinies!

@TheMaster I can't believe that Tauros is still being so stubborn! But yeah my record was 8,443 eggs so at least it can give you motivation to try beat that! The games really can be so cruel sometimes but keep going :) congrats on your Regi shinies too!

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Congrats on Registeel, Petilil, Virizion, Magikarps, Buizel, Ho-oh, Chikorita and Meowth!

One question though - some of you seems to be RE/SR-ing without using a Synchronizer, I'm curious, is there any reason why you don't use a Synchronizer?

My shinies are trophies and although I have EV trained/got some of them to L100 none of them have ever fought outside of ingame. So getting competitive worthy natures doesn't bother me. I also do like the randomness of seeing what I eventually get.

I did try and Everstone a nature onto my shiny Archen after the mother I bred turned out Jolly. My shiny hatched with a Mild nature and that was the beginning and end of me caring about influencing natures. :p

Oh, here's a sort of boring question for people, but of all the gen 6 Pokemon you've seen so far (because there's so many of them!) is there any one in particular you definitely want to get the shiny for of, despite not knowing what it will look like?

I'd never go for a shiny without knowing what it looks like incase I didn't like the result and ended up irritated with the time I'd put into it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the shiny of Xerneas, though! I keep on thinking it'll be similar to Dialga and end up being that pretty green.

I caught everything available by normal encountering in White 2 and started on things found in shaking grass/dust clouds/water spots. After half an hour I got fed up with finding nothing and decided to go back to RE'ing. After 45 minutes, and somewhere over 8,000 RE's since my last shiny in that file my White 2 gave me a new shiny.....

....freaking Raticate

The one shiny I really didn't want (I have two already! Why would I need three?) and it shone. Damn it. I took a few pictures and it is now consigned to rot in a box for eternity.

OT/ID. No/Lax
Run Away

I just did half an hour of RE'ing on the same routes (Dreamyard/Route 5) but I really don't want another non-Liepard shiny. On a hunch I went and scrolled through my boxes on White and eventually unearthed a female, Japanese Purrloin from years ago when I'd traded for foreign versions of anything I might conceivably MM for. Not too enthusiastic about MM'ing right now but it'll guarantee I get the shiny I want so I'm going to go for it. Just need to trade Purrloin over to White 2 to take advantage of the slightly higher odds.

Good luck on the hunts! :)

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Edit: Here is the picture: View attachment 8737

@Dangertrout Lol sorry I usually don't have this much luck XD But if you want to do a LG Badge Quest go for it. It's a lot of fun :) And I'll look into those routes thanks!

Edit 2: @ Dangertrout, sorry I'm not going to pick your routes again :/ I feel bad but I usually don't do hunts on routes with pokemon I already have a shiny of unless I really want a shiny pokemon off that route. So I will be hunting in Rock Tunnel. Thanks a lot though :) I like hearing suggestions from the community

Oh so cool, congratulation ! I hope you get Zubat, Mankey or Machop, I feel like Onix and Geodude are.. meh. Good luck on the Rock Tunnel, hope you get it soon too ! :D

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, congrats on all the shinies since my last post.
Now updates from me, I haven't been actively hunting, but seen as I haven't found a shiny since my Patrat in January, I'm expecting to bump into one soon, so meanwhile, I'm filling up my habitat list, and am currently looking for a Dragonite at Dragonspiral Tower, and I'd laugh if I ended up finding a shiny one XD

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Congrats on the large amount of shinies, including the shinies caught on Badge Quests by cocoadragon and HGaddict!

As for my Badge Quests, no progress made on my Platinum Badge #5 Hunt. 225 REs still, haven't touched it in weeks.
HeartGold...I did 200 REs earlier to take me up to 3,400 REs.

My MM hunt is prioritized over the other two, which is at 405 eggs. Hopefully, hitting 450 today will do nicely...