• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

depends on the person. Some people have shinies in mind that they want to go for, some don't have a preference and hunt where ever. I'm very ADD with hunting, so I'd probably switch routes all the time :p

I see.
I asked that cause i see everyone with a current badge quest.
Like you, i keep changing routes, but i put more effort on the ones i considers my favorite pokemons..

I'm trying a MM scyther.
Dam, in SS this can take a looooong time :(, especially when the day-care is giving a low amount of eggs to me =(

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
I am hoping for a birthday shiny today. I found a pinecone earlier which represents good luck...so lets hope it works!

7,410 REs now in Route 32. Starrah will get Mareep before me lmao.

Pfft, I doubt that! I cant really do serious shiny hunting till next week :p, make it your goal to get it at the end of next week! Haha

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I use SS for all my shinies from now on, but I have a skitty and a metagross, and a few others for grabs is anyone plays SS

Kyle Clarthy

Omg... please don't remind me that there could be another! If so, I would have 5 more to go instead of just 4 and I'm wanting to move on from this quest already!!! I'm kinda hoping that Sylveon is like a flying type and IF there is another Eeveelution, it would be like a ghost type, or dragon of course. :3

Lol, sorry! I just thought that maybe you should be prepared! Hey, they might not have a second Eeveelution this time around, but it seems likely that they might! Good luck with them all!

Heya again, guys and girls!

Okay, a deep breath here!

Congrats to RedJirachi, Cocoadragon x3, ChaChi x2, City of Delusion x5!!!, HGaddict, *Murkrow x2, Cyndajay, Pokemaster13, Master Leo x2, Bleu, Dangertrout, 201238 x 2, wiccan11, ohjeezitskim, CharizardMaster#1, KittyKitty3308, The Master327 (for that pesky Tauros! Finally!), Birds of Paradise, and last but not least, Bonetail!

I think that's all since my last post! Well done!

Also, thanks for the responses to my question. I realise I never answered my own question, but my intentions are definitely to try and get a shiny Chespin and a shiny Yveltal in the future. I really hope that Game Freak doesn't pull some shiny lock thing again. I think it's kind of unnecessary. While it's debateable why Zekrom and Reshiram have a shiny lock, I don't really understand why Victini had one due to how it was encountered. Hopefully Xerneas and Yveltal are different to Zekrom and Reshiram. And yes, you do wonder whether Chespin's shiny form is worth it, so let's hope it is, and not like Garchomp 2 or something!

Also, thanks for the well wishes about my ankle/foot. I have had to go to hospital twice more to get another xray and ultrasound. Thankfully it's not broken, but I have done some damage to ligaments or something, although the ultrasound didn't pick anything up due to the fact that there was still too much swelling even now! Ah well! Just have to work on strengthening it again, I suppose!

So, yes, I'm posting again ... So, what did I get?

Well, let's just say my Badge Quest is totally legit and balanced again now! 120 in game hours after shiny Spinarak, I finally caught another shiny! I'm really sorry that I don't know the specific amount of encounters, but I find it hard to count them, as I feel it makes it drag on and brings too much attention to what I'm doing, instead of just mindlessly wandering around in the grass. I made a note of what time I started hunting for this shiny, and as the days went on and on I thought that I'd get it any moment now, surely. But it never seemed to happen. And the hours went on ... and on. I began to think I wouldn't get anything, and then I began to get paranoid, thinking I must have missed a shiny or something! Even though I'm so careful to make sure I look at each and every encounter, and have the music up, it still played on my mind that I had possibly skipped one. But I know that this was just my brain making things up, because I really would have noticed it, I'm 99% positive.

Anyway, last night I turned the game on after one of my usual resets to shake up the frames a bit, and I hunted for an hour. I then realised that I could watch a TV show I missed earlier that night on the tv stations website, so I settled down to watch that. However, I found I was having a little difficulty trying to focus on both the DS screen and my laptop screen. I almost turned the DS off, but I thought to myself, "Nah, you'll never get it if you stop." and so I just kept on going, placing the DS right in front of the laptop so that I could see the sparkles if I didn't see the shiny straight away.

At around 12:30, I glanced down to see a green tail, and the sparkles appeared soon after! My heart skipped a beat, but I just recall this immediate sense of relief washing over me. Finally I can move on with my game, and finally I don't have to think I've wasted 120 hours for nothing! Also, I felt relieved that I hadn't given up for the night, or missed a shiny during this hunt.

Not sure on the name just yet, but Zappi might stick!

[img139]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6185/1000933.JPG[/img139]
1000932p.jpg

1000929dv.jpg

1000934q.jpg

So, yay~! Except that little so and so! She was holding something when I talked to her, and she refused to hand it over ... I'm not very happy with her right now! Looks like she has a bit of a streak thing going ... ;)

Now, just making it clear, I'm extremely happy, but this was actually my third choice for the route I was on. First was Girafarig, next was Noctowl, then Flaaffy/Mareep, and then Venonat. But I would have been happy with any of them. Anyway, time to move on and see more of this game ... and work out what the next hunt will be.

Good luck to you all! Happy hunting! Thanks for reading.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Lol, sorry! I just thought that maybe you should be prepared! Hey, they might not have a second Eeveelution this time around, but it seems likely that they might! Good luck with them all!

Heya again, guys and girls!

Okay, a deep breath here!

Congrats to RedJirachi, Cocoadragon x3, ChaChi x2, City of Delusion x5!!!, HGaddict, *Murkrow x2, Cyndajay, Pokemaster13, Master Leo x2, Bleu, Dangertrout, 201238 x 2, wiccan11, ohjeezitskim, CharizardMaster#1, KittyKitty3308, The Master327 (for that pesky Tauros! Finally!), Birds of Paradise, and last but not least, Bonetail!

I think that's all since my last post! Well done!

Also, thanks for the responses to my question. I realise I never answered my own question, but my intentions are definitely to try and get a shiny Chespin and a shiny Yveltal in the future. I really hope that Game Freak doesn't pull some shiny lock thing again. I think it's kind of unnecessary. While it's debateable why Zekrom and Reshiram have a shiny lock, I don't really understand why Victini had one due to how it was encountered. Hopefully Xerneas and Yveltal are different to Zekrom and Reshiram. And yes, you do wonder whether Chespin's shiny form is worth it, so let's hope it is, and not like Garchomp 2 or something!

Also, thanks for the well wishes about my ankle/foot. I have had to go to hospital twice more to get another xray and ultrasound. Thankfully it's not broken, but I have done some damage to ligaments or something, although the ultrasound didn't pick anything up due to the fact that there was still too much swelling even now! Ah well! Just have to work on strengthening it again, I suppose!

So, yes, I'm posting again ... So, what did I get?

Well, let's just say my Badge Quest is totally legit and balanced again now! 120 in game hours after shiny Spinarak, I finally caught another shiny! I'm really sorry that I don't know the specific amount of encounters, but I find it hard to count them, as I feel it makes it drag on and brings too much attention to what I'm doing, instead of just mindlessly wandering around in the grass. I made a note of what time I started hunting for this shiny, and as the days went on and on I thought that I'd get it any moment now, surely. But it never seemed to happen. And the hours went on ... and on. I began to think I wouldn't get anything, and then I began to get paranoid, thinking I must have missed a shiny or something! Even though I'm so careful to make sure I look at each and every encounter, and have the music up, it still played on my mind that I had possibly skipped one. But I know that this was just my brain making things up, because I really would have noticed it, I'm 99% positive.

Anyway, last night I turned the game on after one of my usual resets to shake up the frames a bit, and I hunted for an hour. I then realised that I could watch a TV show I missed earlier that night on the tv stations website, so I settled down to watch that. However, I found I was having a little difficulty trying to focus on both the DS screen and my laptop screen. I almost turned the DS off, but I thought to myself, "Nah, you'll never get it if you stop." and so I just kept on going, placing the DS right in front of the laptop so that I could see the sparkles if I didn't see the shiny straight away.

At around 12:30, I glanced down to see a green tail, and the sparkles appeared soon after! My heart skipped a beat, but I just recall this immediate sense of relief washing over me. Finally I can move on with my game, and finally I don't have to think I've wasted 120 hours for nothing! Also, I felt relieved that I hadn't given up for the night, or missed a shiny during this hunt.

Not sure on the name just yet, but Zappi might stick!

[img139]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6185/1000933.JPG[/img139]
1000932p.jpg

1000929dv.jpg

1000934q.jpg

So, yay~! Except that little so and so! She was holding something when I talked to her, and she refused to hand it over ... I'm not very happy with her right now! Looks like she has a bit of a streak thing going ... ;)

Now, just making it clear, I'm extremely happy, but this was actually my third choice for the route I was on. First was Girafarig, next was Noctowl, then Flaaffy/Mareep, and then Venonat. But I would have been happy with any of them. Anyway, time to move on and see more of this game ... and work out what the next hunt will be.

Good luck to you all! Happy hunting! Thanks for reading.

All right Zane, high five!
So happy for you once again, that makes you your sixth shiny of your Badge Quest, only 2 more to go ! Even if that sounds crazy, I hope you'll make another one when this one will be finished 'cause I always enjoy to see your team grow ! I started to follow your steps at Gemini (Luna in the past) and I still can't wait to see your next one, good job ! Since my curiosity is at a very high level actually, I really wonder what will be your next hunt ! Zappi (female, very lucky!) is a very good name, keep it like that. If I was you, I would go to the Ilex Forest and try to catch a Pokémon at night (Oddish, Paras or Zubat) or on Whirl Island (Krabby, Seel, Zubat or Golbat), because your team needs a little bit of Grass or Water, don't you think (Zubat and its evolved forms are awesome shinies anyway, so, if you get one, call it Lemonade!) ? Also because all of them are awesome shiny, but that's just my proposition !
Good luck ! :D

Last edited:

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
I got my first shiny in Crystal. In a bug caching contest I somehow encountered a shiny pidgey. My second and third were on the lake of rage with gyrados. My last and final is haxhorus in black 2 in that one park.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Congrats to Zane on the Flaffy. Gotta love shiny Ampharos.

So, I held off of training my Poliwag and went to my next BQ hunt which is in Seafoam Islands. I am mainly hunting for Seel and since it has a 50% appearance rate, I hope thats the one I get. I HAVE to play with the sound up because shiny Seel looks soo similar to the regular and I dont want to miss it.

After this, I will be SRing for Moltres and Zapdos for BQ shines #7 and #8. Havent SRed in this BQ since Bulbasaur. Hopefully Moltres/Zapdos wont take as long :p.

Good luck to those starting hunts and those in the middle of hunts. Push on guys :).

Wyverndust

congrats to Bometial on Shiny Maractus, cocoadragon on shiny Cikorita, ChaChi on shiny Cresselia, Master Leo on shiny Poliwag, Zane Clarthy on shiny Flaaffy. If I missed anyone sorry, and congrats! Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Just posting to say community hunt complete!

At about 10:27 pm I got my little baby boy back! I lost one of my diamond cartridges two sums ago and with it lost the male Luxray I had chained and transferred over so I could play throughout the game with him. Normally I probably would be so upset as I have two female shiny shinx that I had also chained previously (both in different chains), but Gizmo, my shiny Luxray, was named so in honor of the kitten I had hand raised from the bottle when I was 12 and had died several years later.

So when I lost him I was crushed and I decided to hatch for him in my lucky HG. And tonight after 524 eggs (had a feeling the 500s were going to be lucky) I looked down after reading some fan fiction and there he was in all his golden glory! (Why do I never see the shinies hatch?). He's adamant in nature and is alert to sounds and he even gained some accidental egg moves (I say accidental because I didn't plan for him to have any) Thunder and Thunder Fang.

Anyway, not sure which hunt ill go to next, will probably resume Squirtle though or maybe Snivy (I'm tempted to do another badge quest).

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ChaChi on Cresselia, 201238 on Spearow, Master Leo on Poliwag, Zane Clarthy on Flaaffy, and Wyverndust on Shinx!

And congrats on the black belt, Shadowkrow!

Also, happy birthday, AquaRegisteel! (or belated, now)

How you guys set up your badges?
I mean, do you have pre-determined targets or do whatever pops in your mind?

I have a few pre-determined targets...Piplup which I'm doing now, then Shinx and Starly. I'm anticipating that I won't e lucky enough to get both of those targets after each badge and that I'll still be working on them later into the BQ. If I were lucky though, I don't know who I'd go after next (maybe Bidoof, just to have a shiny HMer), so I'd probably just pick a target on a whim or something...But like I said, I'll only have to face that choice if I'm lucky enough to get my targets =\

I, of course, spoke too soon a couple days ago about being done with work at 2 yesterday. I had to go back at 6:30 to cover for some other guy (I swear I'm covering for someone almost every week) and I didn't get home until after 12:30...And in the time between then, I got distracted with the news of those horrible bombins in Boston, so I didn't hunt at all and, once more, didn't make it to 7 days of hunting =.= I'm supposed to hang out with a friend tomorrow, too, and we'll likely be getting an early start, so not sure I'll get much hunting done, if any, tomorrow.

Today though, I made this for some motivation...It's just a bland, barely coordinated collage of the shinies I found and the shinies I'm going after, just so I can see my goals together at once.

I did pretty good today! At least in terms of working on my hunting, not in terms of finding shinies...I did 800 REs and 200 SRs! So now I'm up to 7,400 REs and 3,850 SRs...Hmm, looks like my Growlithe hunt might go over the odds...Although, my trainer card is at 15,905 encounters, so in a way, it's like I haven't even hit the odds for my first 2 shinies so I sort of feel like I shouldn't even expect a shiny until after ~16,400 encounters (even though that's not how it works). I expect I'll hit the odds by Thursday (or tomorrow if I have time), and reach halfway to the odds for Piplup on Thursday.

I really want to play Platinum u.u Really hope Piplup shines sometime soon...I always get worried that I'm somehow doing it wrong >.<

Oh well, good luck everyone!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
A quick update, after 84 SR's in FireRed, I'm putting my shiny Charmander hunt on hold temporarily. I found a female with 14 speed, the 1st 14 I've seen today. I'm going to transfer her to a later Gen and find out if the IV is a 30 or 31. If it's a 31, I might just have to switch to MM. Otherwise I will start a new file and continue SR'ing.

Edit: Darn, she "likes to run". Oh well, back to SR'ing. Just so I'm sure, if my Charmander is shiny, I will be able to see it in the stats before I have to battle my Rival, right?

Edit 2: Thank you, Heliotrope.
After 150 SR's, I'm taking a break. For anyone interested in statistics: http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/CharmandersNatures.png?t=1366194941

Last edited:

Cyndajay

Congrats to CityofDelusion (chikorita really likes you), pokemaster13, Master Leo, *Murkrow, Bleu, Dangertrout, 201238, wiccan11, TheMaster327 (glad to see you finally got that tauros) ohjeezitskim, Charizardmaster#1, cocoadragon, kittykitty3308, Birds of Paradise, Bonetail, ChaChi, ZaneClarthy and Wyverdust on your shines. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

No new shiny for me just an update this time. I'm just over 4hrs into the hunt for BQ#5 in HG. BQ#3 on W2 is at 2,637 RE's. And I'm at 2,340 eggs for skorupi MM in Black. I've nearly finished my play through on White. Once I've done that I may duel hunt with Black and try to reclaim the cobalion I lost.

Good luck to those still hunting.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Just so I'm sure, if my Charmander is shiny, I will be able to see it in the stats before I have to battle my Rival, right?

Yes you will. Its profile pic will have a light blue border, and there'll be a yellow star in the far top right corner; plus the Charmander will look a different colour, too. :p Like this: my shiny Charmander

Gah... now at 24,500 soft resets for shiny Thundurus. It's the only thing I'm hunting for right now, and it's really annoying me. XD Lol, it's made it into my 'top five longest hunts' list - currently at number 5, but it's soon to overtake shiny Litwick (24,643 encounters) at number 4.

Good luck guys. Congrats on new shinies.

EDIT: Just for fun, here's a question: What are your top 5 longest and shortest hunts? (excluding MM shinies/shiny charm shinies)

Here's mine.

Longest:
01: Growlithe - 32,470 encounters
02: Dialga - 25,249 SR
03: Blitzle - 25,036 encounters
04: Litwick - 24,643
05: Fearow - 24,157 encounters (now shiny Thundurus... >.> )

Shortest
01: Ho-oh - 145 SR
02: Rattata - 165 encounters
03: Magnemite - 224 encounters
04: Rotom - 243 SR
05: Skarmory - 314 encounters

They may not be entirely accurate, since I don't keep count for every hunt. ^^;

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats Zane on levelling out your BQ with a sweet shiny!

Can't believe that Thundurus still refuses to shine, Helio. Hopefully it won't be too long now.
My longest hunt was 19,911 encounters for Ratatta and my shortest was something like 40 encounters for Tympole. Since then I've had pretty much everything in between.

Decided last night that SRing turtwig on platinum is too time consuming and I'd be best off MMing it. Especially since I wasn't gonna do a BQ anyway. So now I'm taking it upon myself to finish collecting all the shiny starters from all regions. I've already got 9 so I've got 6 to go.

Best of luck everyone.

Kyle Clarthy

All right Zane, high five!
So happy for you once again, that makes you your sixth shiny of your Badge Quest, only 2 more to go ! Even if that sounds crazy, I hope you'll make another one when this one will be finished 'cause I always enjoy to see your team grow ! I started to follow your steps at Gemini (Luna in the past) and I still can't wait to see your next one, good job ! Since my curiosity is at a very high level actually, I really wonder what will be your next hunt ! Zappi (female, very lucky!) is a very good name, keep it like that. If I was you, I would go to the Ilex Forest and try to catch a Pokémon at night (Oddish, Paras or Zubat) or on Whirl Island (Krabby, Seel, Zubat or Golbat), because your team needs a little bit of Grass or Water, don't you think (Zubat and its evolved forms are awesome shinies anyway, so, if you get one, call it Lemonade!) ? Also because all of them are awesome shiny, but that's just my proposition !
Good luck ! :D

Thanks, Papousse! Awesome feedback there. I love reading your responses. And yes, I have this idea to do a White 2 BQ, with which I have been trying to SR for a shiny starter, but Bianca does make the whole thing tedious. Also, I have sort of postponed it because I thought I still haven't finished my HG one yet, so once I get the HG one done, I will hopefully be moving on to that one ... and hopefully the starter appears relatively quickly thereafter. I've read too many horror stories about people being stuck longer than me in Aspertia City, and hey, let's face it ... it's pretty boring.

Zappi it is, then. Not every name has to have a deep and meaningful reason for being. I just thought it sounded kind of cute and goofy. Ampharos is kind of both ... in a good way, of course!

Oddish is actually one of my targets, but it has to be a female ... It's for Bellossom, basically. However, I was going to attempt it, but I was also going to attempt Hoothoot, and I'm sort of not sure where to go! I guess that I will eventually come to a conclusion, though.

Congrats to Zane on the Flaffy. Gotta love shiny Ampharos.

So, I held off of training my Poliwag and went to my next BQ hunt which is in Seafoam Islands. I am mainly hunting for Seel and since it has a 50% appearance rate, I hope thats the one I get. I HAVE to play with the sound up because shiny Seel looks soo similar to the regular and I dont want to miss it.

Thanks heaps, Master Leo! Yeah, shiny Ampharos is pretty slick. It feels both fantastic and strange that I actually have my own now after all this time. I just mean since Johto times, basically!

Good luck with Seel. I love that little guy, even though I've never used one. I was actually surprised when I watched a youtube video of a live encounter of Seel, and you could immediately see a small difference in the shiny version. It's hard to explain, but it's a little darker or off colour.

Thanks to Wyverndust (and congrats on your little Shinx bundle of joy), Cpchris (good luck with your hunt ... come on, Cpchris's games!), Cyndajay, and dan2point5 (and cheers, it feels good to actually be a legit BQ again.

Helio, that's a tough question to answer. Unfortunately I'd have to recall things off the top of my head, and some hunts are sticking out to me, but to think of all five spots on both list, I'd have to sit down and work that out. I know a lot of you record a lot of details about your shiny captures, like the time, the REs, the date, etc. I just feel like I've gone too long without doing it that it's not really worth trying to work it out now.

Here's a dumb question for people, which kind of defeats the purpose of a Badge Quest, but does anyone think it's a dodgy idea to get a shiny starter in White 2, then keep on playing the game until you get the bike? It would make REing so much easier! If only they kept autorun ... I can't stand using two hands to run. It's so archaic at this point. I guess that it doesn't really matter if I do that or not, because I'm not competing against anyone else, but yeah ... a bike would make things so much more easier to cope with.

Good lucks everyone!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Thanks, Papousse! Awesome feedback there. I love reading your responses. And yes, I have this idea to do a White 2 BQ, with which I have been trying to SR for a shiny starter, but Bianca does make the whole thing tedious. Also, I have sort of postponed it because I thought I still haven't finished my HG one yet, so once I get the HG one done, I will hopefully be moving on to that one ... and hopefully the starter appears relatively quickly thereafter. I've read too many horror stories about people being stuck longer than me in Aspertia City, and hey, let's face it ... it's pretty boring.

Zappi it is, then. Not every name has to have a deep and meaningful reason for being. I just thought it sounded kind of cute and goofy. Ampharos is kind of both ... in a good way, of course!

Oddish is actually one of my targets, but it has to be a female ... It's for Bellossom, basically. However, I was going to attempt it, but I was also going to attempt Hoothoot, and I'm sort of not sure where to go! I guess that I will eventually come to a conclusion, though.

Well I basically chose Oddish because its evolved forms are actually more feminine and masuline in each side. If you get a male, you could let it evolved into a Vileplume (wich is pretty nice as well). If you want Hoothoot, then I have the right thing for you. If you go to the National Park at night time, there is 100% chances of encountering a Hoothoot (you can't have anything else!), so you will automatically have this little fella' if it shines. It's very interesting, a night time challenge in a Badge Quest, what do you think ? If you're worried about Oddish's gender, than you could go for Hoothoot. :p

Here's a dumb question for people, which kind of defeats the purpose of a Badge Quest, but does anyone think it's a dodgy idea to get a shiny starter in White 2, then keep on playing the game until you get the bike? It would make REing so much easier! If only they kept autorun ... I can't stand using two hands to run. It's so archaic at this point. I guess that it doesn't really matter if I do that or not, because I'm not competing against anyone else, but yeah ... a bike would make things so much more easier to cope with.
I actually haven't made a Badge Quest in my White 2 game but I had to softly reset my game few times to get my female Snivy so I can answer you. Maybe Bianca speaks a lot when you get there, but it's not very long if you put text's speed to maximum and press B each time, to be sure to not talk to her twice. I think it's feasible if you ask me (of course, I don't the patience you have so I can't judge). And the Unova starters are pretty nice in their shiny form, so it worth the shot (mostly Snivy's evolution line!). And you can get the Bicycle right after your second gym (you'll only have two shinies during that time) so I think hunting patiently a starter will be alright. Meanting running, yeah, I experienced it as well. I traded away eggs of my Black to my newly started White 2 game and I had to run for a lot of steps and pray to get the gender I wanted. It's very long so if you can reduce the number of running shinies, then get that starter !

Last edited:

I was just wondering, have you guys soft reseted for that Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event in HG/SS?
I mean, i know you got to own an Event Arceus, but, i good friend of mine have, so i am going to transfer only to trigger the event.
Those pokemons can be shiny, right?
Just asking cause i don't want to get tired for nothing, xD.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I was just wondering, have you guys soft reseted for that Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event in HG/SS?
I mean, i know you got to own an Event Arceus, but, i good friend of mine have, so i am going to transfer only to trigger the event.
Those pokemons can be shiny, right?
Just asking cause i don't want to get tired for nothing, xD.

Yes, they can be shiny. Those are gonna be some long SR's though iirc. Good luck.

Well I basically chose Oddish because it's evolved forms are actually more feminine and masuline in each side. If you get a male, you could let it evolved into a Vileplume (wich is pretty nice as well). If you want Hoothoot, then I have the right thing for you. If you go to the National Park at night time, there is 100% chances of encountering a Hoothoot (you can't have anything else!), so you will automatically have this little fella' if it shines. It's very interesting, a night time challenge in a Badge Quest, what do you think ? If you're worried about Oddish's gender, than you could go for Hoothoot. :p

And to add to what Papousse said, Oddish has a 60% apperance rate in Ilex Forest at night.

Last edited:

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Hey everyone!

I know there have been a ton of shinies lately, so I'll give a big blanket congrats, and a special congrats to TheMaster327 for FINALLY getting a shiny Tauros. I know how long that hunt took, even with good odds - so awesome congrats for sticking with it for that long!

I couldn't keep up my two shinies a month pace in March, and I was getting rather discouraged once my shiny Charmander hunt went past the odds (with the Shiny Charm), but I've been on vacation for the last week and it gave me a little more time to hunt. That being said, the extra time finally paid off!!

After 1,452 eggs, my little Charmander decided to shine!

Here he is: http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m597/dansbphotobucket/ShinyCharmander_zps20690667.jpg

And of course, my sig has been updated!

I'm thinking about my newest hunt, and I've narrowed it down to two Pokemon... Which it'll be, I guess I'll decide when the urge strikes.

Good luck to everyone, and again, congrats to all (because there's been LOTS) who have gotten shinies in my absence!

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
grats on the Charmander :)

no blue starfish yet, working on my 1500+/1625+(+ being all the extra ones that hatched before boxing/ones i hatched without boxing[collect 5 hatch 3 release, collect more{did a few box worth trying to get a shiny one on sisters birthday}]) gonna try to keep going, ive stopped at 1500-2000 quite a few times...Shellder(multiple times), Yanma(multiple times),Venonat(got to about 2100),Vulpix(multiple times),etc...(usually switch to REing[less boring])

as shortest/longest non MMed hunts go it:

Shortest
1. Dratini(F) 4 REs
2. Metang(-) 126 REs
3. Absol(M) 300 REs
4. Chimecho(M) 1,276 REs
5. Petilil(F) 1,520 REs

Longest
1. Fearow(F) 20,381 REs
2. Axew(M) 10,005 REs
3. Ferroseed(M) 9,012 REs
4. Sunkern(M) 8,600 REs