• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Jeez... getting a shiny charm is so hard. I wish I could just borrow one from someone. orz I really want to continue MMing but I dont feel like I should bother until I get my shiny charm.

Like JohnNiles said, the odds are pretty close with or without the charm when it comes to MMing. I've completed 7 MM hunts with the charm and tbh, I haven't noticed that much of a difference from when I was MMing without the charm. My current MM hunt is over 1500 eggs, so don't get your expectations too high while MMing with the charm. Good luck!

The Sleeping

Gratz on the Carvanha looks awesome.
Up to around 5000 re's on my Tangela hunt and have now moved on to searching inside the vibrank complex on my white two.
Does everybody know where us shiny hunters can chat together to pass the time .
I think i'd enjoy talking to people with similar goals to me.
Just wondering whether there was a shiny chat page.
Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Good luck with all your hunts.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Well.... I didn't get a shiny Eevee yesterday, but I did hit the 1000 hatched egg mark and am up to about 350 RE's for one with the shiny charm. It just takes soooo long to find an Eevee using the repel trick that when I calculate my totals for the day, I'm just like "I only did 100 RE's for thing?! I spent a few hours working on it!" ;p

Anyways, more hunting will be done today. Congrats on that carvahna and all other shinies since my post from yesterday morning! Good luck everyone! :)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Poor guy. D: It took me about a month for mine, but 25,000 SRs? Personally I'd rather spend my time on a shiny legendary. :c

Yup, just like me. My only hunt to reach nearly 26000 SR's happened to be for a shiny legendary, so I know exactly how you feel right now. It didn't exactly help that I happened to find a random shiny Sunkern in the middle of that 2 month hunt. However, I'd say 8000+ eggs for a Tauros or SR'ing for Reshiram/Zekrom (only to discover the shiny lock later) is a lot worse. If you need motivation, always remember that it can be much worse than where you're at.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Yup, just like me. My only hunt to reach nearly 26000 SR's happened to be for a shiny legendary, so I know exactly how you feel right now. It didn't exactly help that I happened to find a random shiny Sunkern in the middle of that 2 month hunt. However, I'd say 8000+ eggs for a Tauros or SR'ing for Reshiram/Zekrom (only to discover the shiny lock later) is a lot worse. If you need motivation, always remember that it can be much worse than where you're at.

What's a shiny lock?

I love turtwig!!!

Shiny collector
17,370 random encounters and no shiny cottonee yet... I've only random encountered one shiny believe it or not with this many encounters. I'm lucky i've encountered any. I'm so mad at this game. Grrr

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Community hunt complete x2!!
While I was reading the new posts I finally found my shiny Virizion. Yay, I'm so happy.^-^
I called her Artemis. She has serious nature and relatively superior potential.
Catching her was hard. I ended up using all 25 healballs and 6 premierballs I had. I was going to catch her in my masterball because it was getting risky but I was bold and tried a few Ultra balls and caught her finally.
Here is a pic:IMG_1190.jpg
Sorry for the bad quality. The R & L buttons on my DSi don't work anymore so I SR on my very old and broken DS.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Which pokemon in Black/White 2 have a shiny lock, if any?
Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram are the only in-game Pokemon that can't be shiny. (aka not events) :)

RaichuArcanine said:
Don't give up! Something has to give sooner or later. Personally, when I'm in a long hunt and need motivation I like watching videos of people getting that shiny on Youtube. I actually printed out a shiny Eevee and shiny Squirtle sprite and stuck them on my DSI Xl and DS Lite for motivation. Remember, you're not the only one in a long hunt(I'm on 11,957 RE's for Eevee) and just keep going. There's nothing like the shiny you've been searching for to appear as a reward for your persistence! =)
EDIT: I've seen that video too. Hands down the funniest shiny video I've ever seen!
~RaichuArcanine~
Heh, same, I've watched a bunch of videos of people getting shiny Volcaronas in these past few days. x) I think I'll do that too! Thanks for the tips. ^~^

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram are the only in-game Pokemon that can't be shiny. (aka not events) :)

Thanks for letting me know. Was pondering SRing for a shiny Reshiram when I got that far in White 2. Good to know it's impossible before I waste time trying.

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
Is there any actual way to obtain a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom, then?

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Yes there is, but you need to use a French rom hack that gets rid of the shiny lock iirc.

Anyways, I might just hunt Pawniard on White2 whilst hunting Magnemite.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Is there any actual way to obtain a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom, then?

Yes there is, but you need to use a French rom hack that gets rid of the shiny lock iirc.

Anyways, I might just hunt Pawniard on White2 whilst hunting Magnemite.

If you do this, of course, you must realize that your Reshiram/Zekrom will be considered a hack and illegal. There are NO legal shiny Reshirams and Zekroms. Everyone will know you cheated to get it.

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
If you do this, of course, you must realize that your Reshiram/Zekrom will be considered a hack and illegal. There are NO legal shiny Reshirams and Zekroms. Everyone will know you cheated to get it.

Yeah, hacking is not my thing. I wonder if there will ever be a way to legitimately get a shiny of those two. It kinda baffles me why they would put on a shiny lock. Is there an actual reason for it?

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Let's see...
A pink Wooper in Diamond (Unfortunately, I deleted the save file. Boo.)
A red Gyrados in Heartgold (to be expected)
A shiny Karrablast and a shiny Deerling in Black (On the same day!)
Gible and Haxorus in B2 (Pretty sure everyone has shinies of those.)
And... Traded away the Karrablast for a Swadloon, and later a Chandelure
At one point I had a shiny Blastoise, but I realized it was illegitimate and released it

I don't value shinies that much (As they are different in coloration only) but there's nothing quite like that sparkle noise when a random encounter happens.
And they're fun to collect.

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Hey everyone, just thought I'd stop by to give everyone who has gotten a shiny lately a congrats. I still haven't been consistently hunting lately so I haven't been posting. But with summer coming up, I'll have a significantly larger amount of time, and I'll hunt more then. I'm considering continuing my White BQ and putting my SS BQ on hold since I'm having such trouble getting a shiny under the odds on it. But for now I probably won't hunt consistently until summer which starts June 10th (I may do some hunting here or there). So until then, good luck!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

Actually, it's more semi-legit than outright walk-through-walls-into-mystery-zone hacked.. Removed the check, but the shiny is still normal. It doesn't
matter if others consider it hacked, it won't be hacked in that sense to someone who did lots of RAs (you don't need to SR it). It's opinion really.

Last edited:

hey guys, about being legal or illegal the shinies with shiny lock.
i guess they can be considered semi-legit, don't you think? i mean.. you still go through the effort of reseting like hell to get it to shine.. just my opinion..

and, while waiting for the CH contest, i decided to put my hunts on hold, and try a little bit ot chaining once again, and i got it! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szu5EIxkrnE

can't wait for the contest btw xDDDDDDDDD