• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Congrats, kim! And yaaayyyy, I can't wait to get hunting! :D I'm going to win this. :I

Hi guys.
Sorry its been a while but my internet was turned off for over usage :( Congrats on all of the recent shinies though, youre all luckier than me :) But anyway, its good to see a few of my targets come up in the CH such as cyndaquil and kirlia (gallade). Sadly due to exams my hunting time has been limited but i will continue to sr on to hopefully that cyndaquil is mine! Gl all

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
Hi everyone,

Just a short post to congratulate you all on your new shinies, been some really nice ones since I last posted. Also thanks to those who congratulated me for my Oddish, she is such an awesome pokemon. My two hunts have stopped for the moment as I've been playing a couple of other games (Ratchet Deadlocked and Denpa Men). I'll be picking them up again tomorrow though. I'm quite keen to start a third hunt for the CH, I have a few targets in mind. Though...I do have a question about the CH:

Say I wanted to go for the Blastoise for example, would getting a shiny Squirtle and evolving it count for the Community Hunt?

I wish you all good luck on your current hunts and the CH :)

EDIT: Decided that I'm going to SR for a shiny Cobalion on my Pokemon White. It's already the 1st here in Australia so I'll be starting the hunt as soon as I have my party and items prepared.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Alright, the contest is on ! Too bad neither Magikarp or Gyarados is on, I was planning to look for one !
Good luck to everyone, may the best hunter get the bigger amount of points ! :D

Say I wanted to go for the Blastoise for example, would getting a shiny Squirtle and evolving it count for the Community Hunt?

Yeah, basically the community hunt is to get one Pokémon of the family write on the list. So if there's Blastoise, you can get one of its family to, like Soft Reseting Squirtle or Hatching it, it will count. I think Dangertrout should note the rest of the family attached to the selected Pokémon in hooks []. The list would then be...

275 Shiftry [Seedot and Nuzleaf]
576 Gothitelle [Gothita and Gothorita]
629 Vullaby [Mandibuzz]
168 Ariados [Spinarak]
258 Mudkip [Marshtomp and Swampert]
190 Aipom [Ambipom]
638 Cobalion
106 Hitmonlee [Tyrogue, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop]
421 Cherrim [Cherbui]
328 Trapinch [Vibrava and Flygon]
205 Forretress [Pineco]
109 Koffing [Weezing]
319 Sharpedo [Carvanha]
42 Golbat [Zubat and Crobat]
347 Anorith [Armaldo]
155 Cyndaquil [Quilava and Typhlosion]
009 Blastoise [Squirtle and Wartortle]
623 Golurk [Golett]
281 Kirlia [Ralts, Gardevoir and Gallade]
533 Gurdurr [Timburr and Conkeldurr]

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The numbers that came up in the random number generator with their corresponding pokemon:
275 Shiftry
576 Gothitelle
629 Vullaby
168 Ariados
258 Mudkip
190 Aipom
638 Cobalion
106 Hitmonlee
421 Cherrim
328 Trapinch
205 Forretress
109 Koffing
319 Sharpedo
42 Golbat
347 Anorith
155 Cyndaquil
9 Blastoise
623 Golurk
281 Kirlia
533 Gurdurr

aww, I already have those 9......9 out of 20, that's many, almost half of them >.<

Still, I'm glad my wish comes true - Cobalion, the only Muskedeer Trio whose shiny form I haven't own yet, is on the list :D

I'll SR for it once the stupid shiny Oshawott finally appear......1035 eggs and STILL NO SHINY -_-

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
The numbers that came up in the random number generator with their corresponding pokemon:
275 Shiftry
576 Gothitelle
629 Vullaby
168 Ariados YES
258 Mudkip YES
190 Aipom ALREADY HAVE
638 Cobalion ALREADY HAVE
106 Hitmonlee WILL BE GETTING A TYROGUE FOR HITMONTOP
421 Cherrim ALREADY HAVE
328 Trapinch MOST DEF A YESSS
205 Forretress
109 Koffing YES
319 Sharpedo POSSIBLY
42 Golbat YES
347 Anorith
155 Cyndaquil YES
9 Blastoise YES
623 Golurk
281 Kirlia YES
533 Gurdurr

YES!! So many good pokemon to choose from on this list! I do have some already, but most of these where future targets of mine! So I am super excited to participate to see how many I can get! Once I finish my Eevee quest (still need them last 2), I will be REing Koffing in Virbank and MMing for either a Squirtle or a Mudkip. I have always wanted to get all the starters shiny and it was great that 3 showed up on this list!! I will def be working my tail off (sorry Slowpokes in Azalea, I know yall want yalls tails back. :( ) to get these last 2 Eevee so I can begin fresh and be excited about hunting again! As for my Eevee quest, I am up to my last 150 eggs in my 2nd 660 batch and will hopefully get a shiny in there since I am now over the odds with the charm. I don't know where I am at in REing for one, but I think it may be around 400 or so REs.

*side note*: 14 weeks preggers today! (just thought I would share my excitement about that.) :p ANYWAYS.... Happy hunting everyone and may the SPARKLES show up on your screen soon! :D

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
*side note*: 14 weeks preggers today! (just thought I would share my excitement about that.) :p ANYWAYS.... Happy hunting everyone and may the SPARKLES show up on your screen soon! :D

That's awesome! Congrats Kitty! I hear if you carry a shiny charm into the labor and delivery room, then you baby has a decent chance of being shiny! Shiny Human Infant!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
First off: We like discussion and congratulating, but do try to edit your posts if the page hasn't rolled over. (unless you've obtained a new shiny) We generally try to stick to only a couple posts per page.

Next, June's CH; shiny hunting competition!
I doubled the number of pokemon for this because some of the families have evolutions that can't be hunted. I tried to make things as clear as possible, but tbh I'm super out of it with everything that's been going on. If you need clarification on anything, just ask and I'll try to explain better.

June Shiny Hunting Competition:
We will be doing a friendly competition for the month of June.
Twenty pokemon families have been selected at random.
Points will be allocated depending on the type of hunt completed.
The top five hunters will be listed at the end of each week.

Duplicate pokemon will only count if different methods are used to obtain them.
Only one of a pokemon family will count towards a method. (example: If you RE Caterpie AND Metapod without the Shiny Charm, only ONE will count for points.)
The second you use a pokeradar, it counts as a chain. First patch or 40th gets you the same amount of points.

Point Allocation:
RE/SR without Shiny Charm (5)
RE/SR with Shiny Charm (4)
MM without Shiny Charm (3)
MM with Shiny Charm (2)
PokeRadar Chain (1)

275 Shiftry
576 Gothitelle
629 Vullaby
168 Ariados
258 Mudkip
190 Aipom
638 Cobalion
106 Hitmonlee
421 Cherrim
328 Trapinch
205 Forretress
109 Koffing
319 Sharpedo
42 Golbat
347 Anorith
155 Cyndaquil
9 Blastoise
623 Golurk
281 Kirlia
533 Gurdurr

When you obtain a pokemon for the competition, please make sure to include the following info:

Pokemon Name
Hunting Method
Game Used
With or Without Shiny Charm (if applicable)

Looks like I'll be focusing on my HG BQ xD

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
275 Shiftry
576 Gothitelle
629 Vullaby
168 Ariados
258 Mudkip
190 Aipom
638 Cobalion
106 Hitmonlee
421 Cherrim
328 Trapinch
205 Forretress
109 Koffing
319 Sharpedo
42 Golbat
347 Anorith
155 Cyndaquil
9 Blastoise
623 Golurk
281 Kirlia
533 Gurdurr

I dont have any them. This Ch look like a lot of fun. I am going to try to RE zubat. Please let luck be on my side this month. lol

Everlasting

Everything stays.
That's awesome! Congrats Kitty! I hear if you carry a shiny charm into the labor and delivery room, then you baby has a decent chance of being shiny! Shiny Human Infant!

She would more think it's a radioactive baby, eheheh.
Anyway. I got a japanese male Lumineon from the GTS, now all I need to do is get a female Magikarp to breed with it and I start hunting slowly. Not in the community hunt, but Magikarp is really great. Really excited to see who's going the first to say "COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!".

Dangertrout

Hi everyone,

Just a short post to congratulate you all on your new shinies, been some really nice ones since I last posted. Also thanks to those who congratulated me for my Oddish, she is such an awesome pokemon. My two hunts have stopped for the moment as I've been playing a couple of other games (Ratchet Deadlocked and Denpa Men). I'll be picking them up again tomorrow though. I'm quite keen to start a third hunt for the CH, I have a few targets in mind. Though...I do have a question about the CH:

I wish you all good luck on your current hunts and the CH :)

EDIT: Decided that I'm going to SR for a shiny Cobalion on my Pokemon White. It's already the 1st here in Australia so I'll be starting the hunt as soon as I have my party and items prepared.
Yep. You can go for any evolution stage of what was picked by the RNG. =)

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone! June is here! *late*
I'm so excited I have alot of hunts planned and based on that list I'll be going for a cherubi after my ducklett decides to shine (210 eggs hatched)
I might try to beat Red and SR for the Mudkip and go for an anorith I'll have to check and see the swarms and if any of the list matches up with that
As for my Hg badge quest still hunting shiny mareep recently passed 14000(6600 since rattata) I can't wait to get this hunt out of the way and get
this month started maybe I'll surpass my record of 6 shinies in a month!
good luck everyone!

edit - just found out ralts is a swarm and pineco and tyrogue

Last edited:

Master Leo

The Dark Side
First off: We like discussion and congratulating, but do try to edit your posts if the page hasn't rolled over. (unless you've obtained a new shiny) We generally try to stick to only a couple posts per page.

Next, June's CH; shiny hunting competition!
I doubled the number of pokemon for this because some of the families have evolutions that can't be hunted. I tried to make things as clear as possible, but tbh I'm super out of it with everything that's been going on. If you need clarification on anything, just ask and I'll try to explain better.

June Shiny Hunting Competition:
We will be doing a friendly competition for the month of June.
Twenty pokemon families have been selected at random. (Only one evolution listed, but any of the family counts)
Points will be allocated depending on the type of hunt completed.
The top five hunters will be listed at the end of each week.

Duplicate pokemon will only count if different methods are used to obtain them.
Only one of a pokemon family will count towards a method. (example: If you RE Caterpie AND Metapod without the Shiny Charm, only ONE will count for points.)
The second you use a pokeradar, it counts as a chain. First patch or 40th gets you the same amount of points.

Point Allocation:
RE/SR without Shiny Charm (5)
RE/SR with Shiny Charm (4)
MM without Shiny Charm (3)
MM with Shiny Charm (2)
PokeRadar Chain (1)

275 Shiftry
576 Gothitelle
629 Vullaby
168 Ariados
258 Mudkip
190 Aipom
638 Cobalion
106 Hitmonlee
421 Cherrim
328 Trapinch
205 Forretress
109 Koffing
319 Sharpedo
42 Golbat
347 Anorith
155 Cyndaquil
9 Blastoise
623 Golurk
281 Kirlia
533 Gurdurr

When you obtain a pokemon for the competition, please make sure to include the following info:

Pokemon Name
Hunting Method
Game Used
With or Without Shiny Charm (if applicable)

I guess I'll take part in this Community Hunt. My first ever.

I'll probably quad MM for Vullaby, Tyrouge, Anorith, and Koffing.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
VYes yes yes yes!!! After only 657 REs from my last shiny Eevee, another one decided to sparkle across my screen! It took nearly 20 Premiere balls, but I got that thing!!! It is Lax nature, male, with Adaptability! And you know what this means?!?!?! ONLY ONE MORE EEVEE AND I AM DOOOOONE!!! Let's see if I can get it in my last 60 eggs. :)

Happy hunting everyone! :D

EDIT: Papousse, yes... I am using the repel trick in Castelia. That is why it is taking FOREVER for me to RE them. As for evolving once I get the last one, I really want to know Sylveon's typing and stats before I evolve them. I already love Sylveon and I want to give it the best natured Eevee I can. So once I know stats, I will be evolving them all. Plus, I EV train all my shinies. So EV training would take up time for hunting in the competition, which I am really excited to do because I will FINALLY see something other than Eevee! :p good luck on your hunt btw! :)

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yes yes yes yes!!! After only 657 REs from my last shiny Eevee, another one decided to sparkle across my screen! It took nearly 20 Premiere balls, but I got that thing!!! It is Lax nature, male, with Adaptability! And you know what this means?!?!?! ONLY ONE MORE EEVEE AND I AM DOOOOONE!!! Let's see if I can get it in my last 60 eggs. :)

Happy hunting everyone! :D

Huge congratulations on your Eevee, Kitty, only one left to go ! Are you using the Repel Trick in the Castelia Park ? It seems like you're only encountering Eevee (it's still the most uncommon in the zone!). And will you evolve them all right after getting the last one ?
As for me, well I'm just "hunting" (if we can call that a serious hunting) on Route 12, wishing for a Sewaddle, a Combee or a Roselia in the dark grasses. Kinda relaxing since I can do other things at the same time. I just hope I don't get a Tranquill (unless it's a female, it wouldn't be too bad).
Good luck everybody !

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, sorry for Mewtwo, because I won't be hunting for it as actively. I want to partake in this competition, so I'll be starting with Golurk in Black 2. I'm surprised by how many pokemon were selected that I already have, along with all the ones I've wanted that are on the list. I'll need a Curse user with Imprison, though, because I don't want any backfiring. Good luck everyone!

Nakashima

Im gnna start on this hunt n_n no idea yet what to pick though.. will figure something out!

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
Good luck on the community hunt this month, guys! Seems kinda cheap that some people here already have half the pokemon on the list : P To make it fair, those people should hunt those shinies again, even if it means having doubles. 8)

But what do I know.
My dex is almost full so I should have my shiny charm soon! Which means I can actually start hunting for my shiny Ralts and Pidgey.

Dangertrout

Good luck on the community hunt this month, guys! Seems kinda cheap that some people here already have half the pokemon on the list : P To make it fair, those people should hunt those shinies again, even if it means having doubles. 8)

But what do I know.
My dex is almost full so I should have my shiny charm soon! Which means I can actually start hunting for my shiny Ralts and Pidgey.

They can hunt stuff they got previously if they'd like.... those rules are for pokemon caught in the month of June.
If you chained a seedot last month, you can chain one this month and get points for it.
If you chained two seedots this month, only the first one will count for points.
also, if you chain a seedot and RE a seedot this month, they both counts for points because different methods were used

Does that clarify things?

edit - @cheshireusagi, I think they're just complaining because they want to hunt for shinies they don't already have

Last edited:

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
They can hunt stuff they got previously if they'd like.... those rules are for pokemon caught in the month of June.
If you chained a seedot last month, you can chain one this month and get points for it.
If you chained two seedots this month, only the first one will count for points.
also, if you chain a seedot and RE a seedot this month, they both counts for points because different methods were used

Does that clarify things?

Yes, thank you! I understand. It just seems like some people are getting the impression that they can use the shiny pokemon they already had prior to this month for points? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.