• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
That reminds me of a story about my Shiny Venusaur! I was still living in my hometown and found this Pokemon game, White 2, near my pool with a Shiny Bulbasaur in it! I traded it to anotheer game, but the OT was really annoying! It was 'Danger trout' or something!

Are you kidding? I don't really believe all of the coincidences, but if you really ARE telling the truth, than I would really like it back. What's your hometown?

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Magnets are attracted to me:

After 2594 REs, a second shiny Magnemite decided to show up. This makes it my 3rd shiny in my search of a shiny Patrat/Koffing. Like the first one, I caught it in a critical capture Quick Ball.

Failemite
Adamant nature

I am now on round four in my search for a shiny Patrat/Koffing, hopefully this time I don't get a 3rd shiny Magnemite in this file(4th shiny Magnemite overall :/).

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
It's fine *sigh* I've been looking for that game since February, and it just upsets me to think that someone else might have it. My family and I have backtracked every nook and cranny, but we have never found any trace of it :(.

Turns out miracles can happen.......
YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SHINY FEEBAS! FINALLY MY LONGEST HUNT EVER HAS ENDED!
Whoo I've calmed down now.... So soon after my post at exactly 2994 eggs I have my purple fishy! Thanks for all the support hes male and bold natured. So happy now and will update with a picture... Good luck all and congrats on magnemite storm dragoon.
Edit: Yeah... Im kinda excitable

Last edited:

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Whoo I've calmed down now.... So soon after my post at exactly 2994 eggs I have my purple fishy! Thanks for all the support hes male and bold natured. So happy now and will update with a picture... Good luck all and congrats on magnemite storm dragoon.

Taken out of context this sounds a lot like a father excited about his son. Which is kind of what it is.

Congratulations!

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Hey all! Congrats on all recent shinies! There hasn't seemed to be many lately though :/

Well, yet again, I've been left without a shiny. I think I'm going crazy. This hunt is taking me so long that it is driving me insane! Haha but really it is frustrating that nothing has shown up yet. I'll just continue to hope that it will be soon.

Well, with the shiny Dialga hunt ending tomorrow, I'm finally going to go pick it up today! Although I will probably hunt for my own Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in the future, I would like to get these shinies from Gamestop in case they have anything to do with in game events in Pokemon X or Y. Didn't the shiny dog trio that was distributed trigger an event in Pokemon Black and White? That's why this event leads me to believe it will trigger an event in X and Y. Correct me if I'm wrong though XD

Well, back to pushing away at those buttons (endlessly it seems...) Good luck on all your hunts!!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, with the shiny Dialga hunt ending tomorrow, I'm finally going to go pick it up today! Although I will probably hunt for my own Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in the future, I would like to get these shinies from Gamestop in case they have anything to do with in game events in Pokemon X or Y. Didn't the shiny dog trio that was distributed trigger an event in Pokemon Black and White? That's why this event leads me to believe it will trigger an event in X and Y. Correct me if I'm wrong though XD

Normally, I'd think that, but if that was the case, the event would most certainly be in Japan as well, but it isn't, weird as that is. Maybe there won't be complaints of all events being Japan exclusive now with these? :p Anyway, they probably would be advertised to have some use in X/Y too. So I'm pretty sure they won't do anything.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Well, with the shiny Dialga hunt ending tomorrow, I'm finally going to go pick it up today! Although I will probably hunt for my own Dialga, Didn't the shiny dog trio that was distributed trigger an event in Pokemon Black and White? That's why this event leads me to believe it will trigger an event in X and Y.

Yeah they triggered a Zoroark battle in lostlorn woods in black and white.

Anyways I'm beginning my first shiny hunt for a shiny Rogennrola I'm at only 30 eggs atm so I shall get there eventually. Grats to those that have obtained the object of their respective hunts.

The only shiny I ever caught was a wild Tentacruel in Platinum. It was totally unexpected because I wasn't looking for a shiny. I was just trying to level up. I still have it and always will.

maldoror

I was dual hunting on Black and White2 this evening; hatching MM eggs while doing so. While collecting more eggs on Black, this beauty hatched:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0558_zps656ba9f2.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0560_zps9a6984da.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0562_zps82095d83.jpg

She has Toxic Boost too!

EDIT: This is insane!

I traded the Zangoose over to my White2 game to train her and was heading to Floccesy Ranch when this beauty popped up:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0565_zpsd6e50472.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0566_zps90934fd3.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0567_zpsa9ff7e32.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0568_zps41a83a5d.jpg

This came 1464 encounters after Yamask.

EDIT 2: COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

Last edited:

TheRoaringShinies

Shiny Hunter
Congratz on all the recent shinies!! I've decided to cancel my MM hunt for Emolga, and instead try to reclaim my shiny Chansey via the swarm in HG/SS. I'm currently at 500 encounters for that. I lost the first one in the LG safari zone btw, it was random while trying to find a lucky egg. I'm also going to pick up my Azelf hunt soon in b2/w2, which I stopped at 2100 SR's for. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats on all the recents!

As for me, Im still in virbank complex at about 1500 encounters. I'm hoping for grow lithe but I would be happy with magnetite and magby. I am just really hoping that I don't get another pat rat. I have 13 shinies, 4 of which are patrats.....

Anyways, fingers crossed

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Heliotrope on Minun, dan2point5 on Altaria and both Petilils (that’s some insane luck!), Thesurfing Snivy, Volcanic Typhlosion on Audino, BackInClack on Azurill, Laurelai on Sewaddle, pokemaster13 on Sawk (sorry it’s your third one though =\), IndigoTribesman on Liepard, Storm_Dragoon on Magnemite (hope you get something you want next time!), PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Feebas, and maldoror on Zangoose!

Thanks for the congrats, elorasheppard, YNCRN, dan2point5, The Prince of May, and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

Now YOU deserve some attention, don't you think !? That saddens me that we haven't share some words lately, but I think I will catch up a little bit with this post.
To be totally honest with you, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on that Totodile, such an awesome shiny! :D And good luck for the future shiny Johto starters hunt! Hopefully you won't get duplicates, though...
I just wanted to tell you that I read every and each of your post on that thread, they are so interesting, especially when you give your opinion on off-topic things, such as a 3DS XL color or a new stuff they revealed!
Good luck on your hunts, especially on that Growlithe and on your Platinum Badge Quest! It feels like it's been a while since you got a shiny! I hope you're using a Static Pokémon to increase your chances with Shinx, right ?

Thanks, I appreciate all those kind words :D (I try to be good and put things in spoilers so people don’t feel obliged to read all my ramblings X] )
But…*hides*…I’m still only using my shinies to hunt on my BQ :x

--------

Well, I didn’t post yesterday, but I did 500 REs and 400 SRs yesterday. And tonight, I did 300 REs and 200 SRs. So I’m at 21,800 REs on Platinum, 3,200 REs on Black 2, and 600 SRs on HeartGold. Less than 3k REs until my Platinum hunt is at 3x the odds!

Good luck, everyone :)

EDIT: OMG. Off-topic, but super important (well...not really. But to me it is!)! I saw somebody on facebook posting about a link that confirmed an 8th Harry Potter book. Knowing how many times I've seen Ms. Rowling say she doesn't think she'd write an 8th book, I was very skeptical, and I saw in the comments that the article was actually from April 1st. And I just saw someone else talking about how they're so excited for the 8th book...PEOPLE, YOU'RE KILLING ME. How do you not fact check stuff?!

I googled it again, and saw a blurb about how this is apparently a sort of epidemic and is going around FB and twitter...It was only a couple weeks ago I think that I was talking about some other falsified HP "fact" with ohjeezitskim...There is no 8th Harry Potter book, everyone. Please stop ;_; You're making me cry on the inside.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Egg count: 740

Shiny count: 0

This hunt is well underway, and getting into the area where I'd sorta expect any egg to produce a shiny. Nothing so far, though, but the hunt is early yet.

I completed the Black Tower today and obtained the shiny Gible for doing so. It's about to evolve into a Garchomp.

Yeah they triggered a Zoroark battle in lostlorn woods in black and white.

Anyways I'm beginning my first shiny hunt for a shiny Rogennrola I'm at only 30 eggs atm so I shall get there eventually. Grats to those that have obtained the object of their respective hunts.

Hopefully Roggenrola behaves better for you than it did for me. I needed to hatch over 7,000 eggs to get the little bugger.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to all the recent shinies! Sorry to do that, but that's how it's going to have to be, now that school's started again :(

I had a long drive yesterday, so did quite a few SRs for Lugia, bringing my total up to 3,668 without a shiny. This is the furthest I've gone on any SR hunt (and I'm aware it's not far at all!). My friend helped me hunt, because she came with us and we played Monopoly on her iPod :p During her gos I would SR, and then we'd swap devices each go. Slightly off-topic, but it was a terrible game, as it was just us two, and she was bored, so whenever I got into debt she'd just initiate a trade and give me all the money I needed +1. Then I'd land on her hotel'd orange properties and get into debt again, without any disposable income because everything I had was mortgaged. She also tried to trade me a Get Out of Jail Free Card for my Park Lane.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

$ Joshy - mon $

Legit Pokemon Master
Hello, this is going to be my first actual Shiny Hunt (this isn't going to take over other aspects of my Pokemon saves) and I'm currently conducting a Shiny Hunt in Relic Castle, my current Shiny Pokemon are either in game, traded or Surprise Random Encounter.

Current Shiny Pokemon: Hydreigon, Dratini, Swoobat, Raikou, Weavile and Tranquill​

[COLOR]Wanted Pokemon:​
Sandshrew
Sandile
Yamask

Current Hunt: Relic Castle
*The very Hydreigon you see their was infact traded for a Shiny Yamask (which evolved into Cofagrigus) therefore I'm hunting for a new one. The one I want to find the most is the Sandshrew, I personally think that is has an even better Shiny design.

Last edited:

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
I've been playing since leafgreen firered and I don't have a single shiny -.- darn my luck

TheMaster327

Hello, I'm new to Serebii.net and I hope to start my first actual Shiny Pokemon Hunt today by SResetting in a hidden Grotto of which the encounter is a Watchog (not exactly great but it's still a start) and I hoping that experienced Shiny Hunters would give me advice on this kind of subject. I've caught Shiny Pokemon before from events and Random encounters but this is the first time I'll be catching a Shiny Pokemon intentionally. Thanking you in advance, Joshua.

Just before you get too engrossed in that hunt, just thought I'd tell you it's impossible to get a Hidden Grotto Pokémon shiny, as they are shiny locked, similar to Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
I've decided to do a random encounter on Smeargle in the Artisan cave.
I have only 117 encounters as I just started.
But I hope mine will eventually appear as for everyone.
Good luck to all of you.