• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
I've now started SR'ing for a Zygarde - not sure if it's shiny locked or not as no one's managed to extract the game data for gen 6 yet. Anyway I will SR for a week, and if I don't get a shiny Zygarde by then I'll probably move on to completing my Kalos Pokedex as much as I can.

Around 100 SRs so far, I REALLY hope Zygarde is not shiny locked. Imagine if it was and I found out I'd wasted a week for nothing lol ^^

elorasheppard

After completing both X and Y storylines, I have now resumed shiny hunting! My hunts are still RE in pinwheel forest (black2) MM Rattata (white), but Ive added MM Chespin (X) and RE in route 19 (Y). @CPchris, I have got used to using three consoles now, you were right!

Btw, has anyone else heard the rumour that tipping improves the shiny odds? Is there any truth to it?

Good luck to all shiny hunters!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Holy crap, shiny Tynamo after only 487 eggs! That's a new record for me!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6018_zps8fa5ccf9.jpg[/IMG139]

I've already taken it to the sports domes to level up, once it's an Eelektrik then I'll put it in my shiny box and resume hatching. That way I can be SURE I won't release him by accident. Once I'm finished hatching, then I can pull Sizzle from the daycare and put in my ampharos; I need two shiny mareep.

This probably does not count for the community hunt since it's MM and not RE, even though it is a Chargestone Cave shiny. Meh.

Last edited:

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I have paused my RE in black 2 to start my charmander MM in pokemon X. I'm still early into the game so I want this to go by quick so I can get on with the rest of the game with my shiny mega charizard.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
After completing both X and Y storylines, I have now resumed shiny hunting! My hunts are still RE in pinwheel forest (black2) MM Rattata (white), but Ive added MM Chespin (X) and RE in route 19 (Y). @CPchris, I have got used to using three consoles now, you were right!

Btw, has anyone else heard the rumour that tipping improves the shiny odds? Is there any truth to it?

Good luck to all shiny hunters!

I posted in another thread, my thoughts in regards to tipping affecting shiny odds...

Which is that, if it truely did, there would be many many more of us getting shiny pokemon than already are. I imagine most everyone who plays the game, and sees a request asking for a tip, would tip even the basic 100pokedollars asked of us, i know i do.

I even took the time to purposefully seek out areas to take pictures and other places where i could tip, in order to see if it would affect anything, low and behold.... nada.. nothing shiny at all appeared...sadly. I would love if tipping did affect shiny odds, but imo, its a rumour created by someone who really was just tying coincidence together with what he thought was some sort of method.. or it's a rumour created by someone who knows just how crazy people go, when something related to making shinies easier is mentioned...

What i will say, is that if there is a way to increase shiny odds, it will be something that people won't think of and will be unrelated to actual visual game-play... i.e. the masuda method breeding. It took what i believe was almost a year after D/P release before anyone knew about it, and that was only because Junichi Masuda revealed the technique via his blog.

Also, idk if anyone is subscribed to Souske222's youtube channel, but he just encountered his 5th shiny in his Pokemon X game. Yet his other X & Y game, have yielded zero shinies. I very much doubt he did anything different in those other 2 games that he didn't do in his first Pokemon X game, yet for some reason, he's getting shinies unbelievably fast.... as a note, all of his shinies were found in the Friend Safari

Shiny Lord

Since I beat the Pokemon League last night (loved the ending, brought a tear to my eye!) I decided to do some MMing. I started with Chespin since I got the one from Shauna. I also got a female on GTS earlier in the evening. I did about thirty eggs, hatched more than half then realized... I don't think the one I got off the GTS was foreign. Checked. Wasn't. Waste of 30 eggs!

I got the pokemon radar, was going to give it a try, got to a chain of 5 on Skiddo. It broke.. So found an Abra and got to a chain of two before it broke.. A big ole TWO. I stopped that right there xD I went to do Fennekin since she is a cutie. And put my JP and American Fennekin in. Apparently, they prefered to play with other pokemon >.> so I had to switch in an eevee until 20ish eggs later used one of the babies that hatched, and they got a long perfectly!
Started hatching.. and I was getting 3/5 eevee in the first box T_T I took the wrong one out. Dammit. So I only ending up doing 31 Fennekin, as the rest were Eevee.

Decided to stay up late and do 50 more eggs, this time with the correct parents from the get go. I did 50 eggs. Was only going to do the first box since I am tired. 10th egg. SHINY FENNEKIN.
TIMID NATURE :3
He's beautiful... Thinking of naming him Jasper (NOT the Twilight guy xD, but the purple stone!)
Here is the picture of him: Shiny Fennekin @ 41 eggs

(I also have done 40 eevee eggs, and 30 chespin, 10 froakie before he hatched!)

Two month and 4 day drought is over with this beautiful little fox :3<3

Congrats and I'm so jealous!!!

Arcaten

Arcanine Trainer
Just hit 100 eggs for Chespin and still no shiny in Gen VI :(

Shiny Lord

Wow, that's amazing, congrats!, absolutely love the look of shiny Fenekinn, wonder how those colours translate to Delphox?. So a lot of people are getting their shiny before 100 eggs in 6th gen meanwhile i'm at 990 eggs...starting to feel like i'm doing something wrong even though i know i'm not :p Also is anyone else going for a shiny Torchic or has anyone got one already in gen 6? would love to be the first person to hatch a shiny Torchic in gen 6. One last thing, if anyone else is doing a MM hunt that is past 100 eggs could you please post about your hunt? it would really make me feel better knowing i'm not doing something wrong/Torchic has a incredibly random shiny check on it. Thanks so much! :)

I've hatched 240 eggs in search of Shiny Fennekin.

ubernoobNTH

Mutant NinjaSquirtle
First of all, congrats on the new shinies everyone.

This will be the first game in the series I am going out of my way to hunt shinies in so I hope there's room in the club here.

I got a shiny Ducklett off a RE earlier today (my Pokemon are all around level 90) and it's actually the first one I've ever seen outside of the scripted ones in older games.

I'm currently using the MM and trying for a Munchlax at the moment. Only about 65 eggs in so I still got quite some time to go knowing my luck.

I don't think I'm good enough to try the other things (like Badge Quests, Community Hunts, etc.) but I enjoy reading this thread quite a bit.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
So just two days after I found my shiny Zangoose, bumped into a shiny Snover!

Can't quite believe this, and I've just passed the point of the game where I got my Abomasite. Shiny mega in the waiting!

ysmr97

Does anyone know if the odds changed since Gen 5? I'm planning on doing a MM for Aron or something after I beat the E4.

Griever789

Okay I just breeded a shiny rilou in x , wish I could get pictures but I using a wii u here so I can't. I was using a ditto to impart a jolly nature into it so I can train it to use in actual competition. But yeah took awhile and I still have boxes full of non shiny jolly rilous so yeah.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Does anyone know if the odds changed since Gen 5? I'm planning on doing a MM for Aron or something after I beat the E4.

As of right now, there is a lot of speculation based on rumours, but there is no definitive answer as to whether or not the odds have changed.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I just got Pokemon X at last! I've played up to Route 4 so far, and I've got a team with Fennekin, Fletchling and Flabébé! I'm enjoying it.

I plan to hunt a secret target as soon as I get far enough ingame...but until then, I hope I get a random shiny as well.

Congrats and good luck to you all!