• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

tipton87

Eevee Master
Caught a Shiny in Friend Safari Grass zone, Swadloon. Pretty excited about it as its one of ym favorite bug pokemon. However as a warning, that was the second shiny I have seen. THIS IS A TRUE HORROR STORY, DONT READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK HEART.

Horde of Zangoose and a Seviper (in PKMN X). Seviper was shiny, was crazy excited as it was my first wild shiny encounter. And then the Zangoose destroy the shiny before I can even kill them all. Heart broken.

IceWolfz

Shiny Abra appears,

Shiny Abra uses teleport. :mad:

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
I am actually kinda scared to encounter Shiny Seviper in a Horde given that the Zangoose will automatically destroy the Seviper before I have a chance to catch it :(

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shiny Abra appears,

Shiny Abra uses teleport. :mad:

Ouch, sorry to hear that Ice... i've never been on the end of such an occurrence... really sucks i can imagine. :(

Was it early game? ... I only ask because as soon as i was able too, i went and bought like 30 Quick Balls, just incase i come across a runner/roarer.

Here's hoping you get to avenge that shiny at some point though. :)

I've gone back to my Shiny Pumkaboo/Phantump hunt. I just can't stay away from it, as they are both so beautiful, so i must have one... or both :D

I am actually kinda scared to encounter Shiny Seviper in a Horde given that the Zangoose will automatically destroy the Seviper before I have a chance to catch it :(

I'm purposefully not going anywhere near that route to hunt shinies... at least not until i can figure out a move that will ohko all the seviper and leave the zangoose standing... anyone know a psychic attack which can hit all the pokemon on the field at the same time... or a ground type move?

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
I'm in for that CH Dangertrout as I just started MM for a shiny pancham.
I'm around one box in but you gotta start somewhere.
Good luck to all of your hunts and...
*May the shine be with you*

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
So...I finished my version of X...still no shiny. >_<

HOWEVER! I have gotten some Japanese Pokemon [and a Frence] from Wonder Trade, so I am hatching some Pokes while also going through the grass to fine my favorite 6th Gen Pokemon, Slurpuff...well, Swirlix. It is a bit of a shame it is a bit rare...but I will be happy to get one.

I am not telling who I am hatching, but I am hatching some Pokemon from a Japanese mother. Who knows, maybe that is still in the game...[If it is not...PLEASE TELL ME! xD]

Congrats to everyone who have caught their newly 3D Shinies...I am BOUND to be one of them soon enough. And with Eevee being rather common on that one route...I might try hunting there, too! 8D

I do hope something shines soon.
Have a wonderful day, and Good luck Hunting!
Misty
P.S. I don't know if this is a good place to put it...but how the heck do I get a Friend Code?!

Congratulations to everyone and their x/y bounties. Last night I joined the festivities by hatching a MM Amaura. It is modest (everstone still works 100%) and I named it Scootles, because a lil white Amaura is adorable. It also took under 300 eggs and I've got 40ish more to hatch, so I'm throwing my support behind an increased chance of shininess this gen.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So...I finished my version of X...still no shiny. >_<

HOWEVER! I have gotten some Japanese Pokemon [and a Frence] from Wonder Trade, so I am hatching some Pokes while also going through the grass to fine my favorite 6th Gen Pokemon, Slurpuff...well, Swirlix. It is a bit of a shame it is a bit rare...but I will be happy to get one.

I am not telling who I am hatching, but I am hatching some Pokemon from a Japanese mother. Who knows, maybe that is still in the game...[If it is not...PLEASE TELL ME! xD]

Congrats to everyone who have caught their newly 3D Shinies...I am BOUND to be one of them soon enough. And with Eevee being rather common on that one route...I might try hunting there, too! 8D

I do hope something shines soon.
Have a wonderful day, and Good luck Hunting!
Misty
P.S. I don't know if this is a good place to put it...but how the heck do I get a Friend Code?!

To get a Friend Code on the 3DS, go to the Home Screen and click the little smiley face icon at the top. Then click on the box that has your name and your Mii in it and your Friend Code will be at the bottom of the box.

prd797

Quiet Poster
Just got my Y version today, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Am messing around REing on Route 4 and in the Wonder Trade, which is an awesome feature. Already got a bunch of foreign language pokemon including a honedge, a froakie with protean, and a charmander. No shiny luck, but am SRing for a starter in SS again and am SRing for Kyurem in White2, since I forgot to catch it to begin with.

Really enjoying the game, and congrats to everyone on their Gen 6 shinies.

Hopefully something, anything shines for me soon!

Also my FC is in my signature, if you'd like to add me for the Friend Safari, just shoot a PM

Last edited:

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
To get a Friend Code on the 3DS, go to the Home Screen and click the little smiley face icon at the top. Then click on the box that has your name and your Mii in it and your Friend Code will be at the bottom of the box.

[Sorry for double Posting]
^^; That is not what I meant. I was meaning for Pokemon X.
Or...do you HAVE to have the 3DS code?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The green hexagons that appear on the screen dont disappear until Zygarde is fully shown, and as seen on live enounter vids for X/Y shinies, the sparkles appear right when the Pokemon is slightly shown. If Zygarde was to be shiny, that means the sparkles would be behind the green hexagons and I dont think that would fit right.

Dunno if I explained that well enough lol.

I think I know what you're saying. It's a good point, though. If only we could somehow confirm any of this, because not knowing for sure is really getting annoying. In the end, I'll end up continuing my Torchic hunt if it's confirmed as shiny locked.

Senrab

Congrats to all the people who got shinies since I last posted! It looks like a lot considering my last post was just yesterday. :eek:

I'm at about 150 Gastlys hatched so far.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
[Sorry for double Posting]
^^; That is not what I meant. I was meaning for Pokemon X.
Or...do you HAVE to have the 3DS code?

The 3DS Friend Code IS the Friend Code for Pokemon X, and for every other 3DS game that utilizes Friend Codes.

TheMaster327

Ouch, sorry to hear that Ice... i've never been on the end of such an occurrence... really sucks i can imagine. :(

Was it early game? ... I only ask because as soon as i was able too, i went and bought like 30 Quick Balls, just incase i come across a runner/roarer.

Here's hoping you get to avenge that shiny at some point though. :)

I've gone back to my Shiny Pumkaboo/Phantump hunt. I just can't stay away from it, as they are both so beautiful, so i must have one... or both :D

I'm purposefully not going anywhere near that route to hunt shinies... at least not until i can figure out a move that will ohko all the seviper and leave the zangoose standing... anyone know a psychic attack which can hit all the pokemon on the field at the same time... or a ground type move?

Apparently Ominous Wind hits all, so bring something a high enough level to KO all the Seviper, (Zangoose'll be immune, as it's Ghost on Normal) then focus on catching the Zangoose. Other way round, though, damn near impossible, as 4x Zangoose with Quick Attack will kill a shiny Seviper...

NymArya

Congrats everyone on their shinies!!!!! shiny honedge looks amazing!!!!
I just hatched a shiny Helioptile!!! it was about 1500 eggs with masuda method, it's my second shiny in this gen, but my first shiny was a male combee...

So, i don't know if the odds have changed, but i don't think so, really.
Good luck everyone on their hunts!!!! :)

Shiny Lord

Congrats everyone on their shinies!!!!! shiny honedge looks amazing!!!!
I just hatched a shiny Helioptile!!! it was about 1500 eggs with masuda method, it's my second shiny in this gen, but my first shiny was a male combee...

So, i don't know if the odds have changed, but i don't think so, really.
Good luck everyone on their hunts!!!! :)

Congrats!! Shiny Helioptile is so amazing looking! I am going to hunt it in future!

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Working on another hunt, since I refuse to accept stunkfish as a Pokemon... I'm MM'ing this target.

I am very happy, Pumpkaboo, Petitil, and Metang. I have always wanted Metang but because he can easily struggle to death I didn't want to chance it, but now I have it.

Blaze_Uchiha420

I caught a shiny wingull in a horde battle on route 8