• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
After a day of no shiny encounter at all, I find a Kirlia. With a 1 in 4 chance of teleporting away, I'll let you guess you what it decided to do. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFr7gHwKM8o

http://i42.*******.com/35j06fl.jpg

Ouch, I'm not the only one with bad luck then ;-p You should get something with shadow tag or arena trap. Kirlia won't teleport away then.

RNG_Reporter

This is why I use wobuffet.

Man. Bad luck everywhere.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
After a day of no shiny encounter at all, I find a Kirlia. With a 1 in 4 chance of teleporting away, I'll let you guess you what it decided to do. :D

Whattttt... No Masterball? .... or a quickball... 95% sure a quickball would've caught it at full health.

That sucks that it teleported on you though. :(

Will you have vengeance?

--------

Congrats on the Shiny Tepig... RaichuArcanine, it has a really great looking final evo.

Nothing new to report on the Shiny front thus far, but i shall have that Shiny Featherball at some point...

...sidenote... stop using false swipe people :p Super Fang is the way to go :D

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
^___^

SHINY FENNEKIN HAS APPEARED!! It took 15 days (since release day...) and 3131 soft resets in total (on the 31st SR of this file. I'd been changing files every 50 SR). The soft resets were annoyingly long and boring, but at last I have my silver fox! He's male and Naive natured, and I'll probably be keeping him as a Fennekin, since I plan on breeding for a shiny one with the right nature some time in the future to evolve into Delphox.

Here's the video: Shiny Fennekin!

This is the first shiny for my Y badge quest, too. I don't know who I'll be hunting for next, since there are so many different routes between the 1st and 2nd gyms. ^^;

Congrats on the shiny Tepig, RaichuArcanine! Today is the day for shiny fire starters! ^.^

PokeAmi

Shiny Skrelp! I don't know if its part of the fishing chain thing, but I got it on my first reel in on route 8. So happy! My first 6 gen shiny :D

And congratulations to all shinies! And HELIOTROPE, you're lucky! I tried resetting after a Shiny Fennekin, but gave up after a while. Will try to MM for it instead.

Good luck all with your shiny hunting!

Last edited:

Marvs

Shinneeee!
^___^

SHINY FENNEKIN HAS APPEARED!! It took 15 days (since release day...) and 3131 soft resets in total (on the 31st SR of this file. I'd been changing files every 50 SR). The soft resets were annoyingly long and boring, but at last I have my silver fox! He's male and Naive natured, and I'll probably be keeping him as a Fennekin, since I plan on breeding for a shiny one with the right nature some time in the future to evolve into Delphox.

This is the first shiny for my Y badge quest, too. I don't know who I'll be hunting for next, since there are so many different routes between the 1st and 2nd gyms. ^^;

Congrats on the shiny Tepig, RaichuArcanine! Today is the day for shiny fire starters! ^.^

Congratulations!!!! Very well deserved :)

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on all the recent shinies guys, especially the Noibat and the various Fennekins! Some of my fave Gen 6 shinies.

I added a bit to my White hunt yesterday but the main thing going on at the moment is a new Friend Safari hunt. As my last two FS hunts were less than 300 REs I foolishly assumed that it would be a really quick hunt and I'd get a shiny by the end of the night.....that didn't happen. Instead, it's the next day and I've been hunting for what feels like forever. Currently at 1070 REs. Know it's ridiculous to be upset because that would be hardly anything with normal odds but....I'm tired. ; _ ; My boyfriend is also in the same position - he's been hunting since last night with no luck either. However, he has much cooler pokemon available - Absol, Mightyena and Crawdaunt. So jealous. :(

And yay, cocoadragon's back! Can't remember if I'm PM'd you or not but send me a message if you want to swap Friend Codes. :)

And, on a very loosely related note, their was a Green Woodpecker in my boyfriend's garden today. I'd never seen one in real life before and it kind of felt like seeing a shiny. ^w^

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Ouch, I'm not the only one with bad luck then ;-p You should get something with shadow tag or arena trap. Kirlia won't teleport away then.

I should, but I want to catch my shinies using my favourites at my side. :D

Whattttt... No Masterball? .... or a quickball... 95% sure a quickball would've caught it at full health.

That sucks that it teleported on you though. :(

Will you have vengeance?

Don't even ask, but I want to catch everything in regular PokéBalls. But yeah, I'll keep hunting until I'll get it back eventually. Also, someone requested a shiny Swirlix from me, which is in the same field, so I'll be there for a while.

^___^

Damn, 15 days... I would've been dead. Congrats, though. :D

Bazza17

That is horrendous luck. I caught a Shiny Kirlia last week in the friend Safari - my first EVER shiny catch... and I've played every Pokémon handheld since the dawn of time :p when it popped up I was so scared it would teleport, but luckily it didn't!

In Black 2, I saw a shiny swoobat in the Cave you go through with Bianca... but she killed it >.>

Currently MM'ing for a shiny pawniard... I have an outstanding Croagunk with a japanese FS pawniard... I'm hoping the stars will align with my destiny knot and I get an outstanding shiny Bisharp :p currently on ~245 eggs.

I just found my first ever shiny. Friend Safari.

SHINY IVYSAUR!

Guess what move it knows? Take Down.

Guess what happened? It killed itself before it was caught.

It shook 3 times over and over and over again in a Nest Ball.. wouldn't click.

Then it died... it DIED.

I'm going to cry.

Ouch, that must have sucked. Perhaps you should put a honedge/doublade on your team, since they can learn false swipe, and of course are immune to take down.

Hopefully you'll find another shiny soon!

Speaking of honedge, I've probably hatched 300 or so eggs in my pursuit of the elusive crimson blade. Man, I almost forgot how long breeding takes. I did get rather lucky and found a male japanese honedge on the GTS which had perfect ivs in the stats I'm most concerned about (HP, attack, defense and special defense), so I replaced that with the ditto I was using. I'm getting eggs a lot faster now, which is really good.

On a more positive note, congrats on any recent shinies! I'm seeing fennekin and noibat, two really cool shinies in my opinion! (I like blue a lot)

Voodoo900

got my shiny polwhirl and eevee to evolve. Now I'm the proud owner of a shiny poliwrath and a shiny Espeon

As for my current hunt, still searching through friend safari but haven't found anything yet again. Also trying sweet scent hunting in the frost cavern, but no luck there either.
Going to keep on trying, need me a 6th shiny for a full team.

Holy mother of Goomy shiny Honedge!!!!

Oblivion, thie shiny Honedge!

He was the 4th egg I hatched today. I still can't believe it

Summary

A little hard to tell, but he has a Brave nature thanks to my awesome japanese honedge. He also has perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Defense. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

Also...

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Just caught myself an Adamant shiny Noibat in FS with Infiltrator :D took me long enough, wasn't counting the RE's so don't know how long it actually took bur I'm super happy right now XD

Sellon

So erm yeah...I was fishing in Y and randomly A Red Basculin appears, and sparkels..IT LOOKED NOTHING DIFFERENT but I saw the stars so it was shiny...

onaven

So perhaps it's just bad luck..83 hours haven't seen a single shiny. I can't do the radar well, but the fishing chain I've reached 40+ numerous times...just bad luck or am I doomed?

MDS777

The name's Riley
This game trolls me. I've hatched over 600 eggs and no shiny Hawlucha.

As I decide to use Mega Kangaskhan for my team, after about 23 eggs of hatching Kangaskhan trying to get the nature I'm looking for, a shiny Kangaskhan hatches. It's Docile nature, which is okay, I suppose. According to the judge, its stats are superior over others, with its Defense and Attack as its best stats.

I will never give up trying to hatch shiny Hawlucha!

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

This game trolls me. I've hatched over 600 eggs and no shiny Hawlucha.

As I decide to use Mega Kangaskhan for my team, after about 23 eggs of hatching Kangaskhan trying to get the nature I'm looking for, a shiny Kangaskhan hatches. It's Docile nature, which is okay, I suppose. According to the judge, its stats are superior over others, with its Defense and Attack as its best stats.

I will never give up trying to hatch shiny Hawlucha!

Only 600 eggs!!! I've hatched 1,600 Fennekin, 600 Helioptile and Over 300 Chespin and still no shiny!! Now thats trolling!