• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheMaster327

Just a reminder people not to get rid of MM'D Shineys with the wrong ability. Just battle in the battle Maison till you can afford an Ability capsule so you can change its ability. Probably would be faster then hatching another 1000 eggs lol.

Note that Ability Capsules will not change an ability to it's Hidden Ability, only the other standard one (assuming the Pokémon has two standard Abilities)

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So iv just been in the friend safari trying to steal light balls from pikachus when suddenly a shiny one appears :D well anyway I caught it and guess what it was holding a lightball and has its hidden ability. :D think ill let him hold onto it lol

Update: just ran into a shiny mightyena while trying to steal items from sneasle it has quick feet and is a brave nature who also likes to thrash :) never noticed how beautiful a shiny mightyena eyes are so blue :D

Update 2: just got a shiny chansey while stealing lucky eggs :D 3 shinies in just a few hours. Having some nice luck tonight :D

Last edited:

PokemonAdventures149

Mainly just trying to get entries for my Pokedex but I guess in a way I am also horde hunting for a shiny Spinda. Spinda is too hilarious for this game.

RNG_Reporter

Earlier I posted about losing a Shiny Ivysaur since it killed itself.. it was devastating.

Well this time, I added someone, and instantly went into their safari. About 6 Pokemon into it... SHINY TROPIUS.

Before I do anything I look at the moves on serebii. It knows Whirlwind. I freak out.

I switch to Spiritomb, Hypnosis, and Nest Ball.

Capture.

Female Tropius, shiny, AND its hidden ability.

So far, every shiny ive seen being caught in the safari has the hidden ability. Anyone not find a shiny with a non hidden ability?

Swopie

shiny hunter
Hey everyone! New to the forum, and I have found 3 shinies, all on my new YouTube channel, ShinySquadAplha, check them out! You'll like it!

Woke up at 5:15 today. Instead of going back to sleep, I decided to play some Pokemon. I was going to stop at 6:00, the time I go usually wake up and get ready. Right before the clock hit six I look at my screen and see a shiny sliggoo. Also got a shiny swirlix yesterday.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Just got another friend safari shiny! SPIRITOMB!!! so excited because this was the one I really wanted!! Wished she had something other than an adamant nature, but I love the shiny colors!! She also has the Pressure ability which I don't really care. I am just glad I got it this go round! Now if I can FINALLY just get my 2nd BQ shiny... Oh and my next safari is in Helio's grass safari. I would love a shiny Bellosom or Lilligant!... :)

Last edited:

supdawg

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well, today I accidentally saw a picture of shiny Tyrantrum.. (I've been trying to keep myself from looking at any 6th gen shinies)

And.. I must have that.. Anyone who knows me know I gotta have any shiny with that color.. I was planning on doing a RE hunt after Protean Froakie but nope, definitely going for shiny Tyrunt when I'm done with this hunt.

Anyways, My hunt for Froakie #2 is almost at 400 eggs.. I have a feeling my beautiful lucky streak with MMing is about to end..

Gratz on all the recent shinies, especially shiny_arceus on shiny Protean Froakie on your first try (I hate u btw) and all those FS and FC shinies.

Floette

Fennekin
Just got another friend safari shiny! SPIRITOMB!!! so excited because this was the one I really wanted!! Wished she had something other than an adamant nature, but I love the shiny colors!! She also has the Pressure ability which I don't really care. I am just glad I got it this go round! Now if I can FINALLY just get my 2nd BQ shiny... Oh and my next safari is in Helio's grass safari. I would love a shiny Bellosom or Lilligant!... :)

Congratulations! And congratulations to everyone else too! This thread has been so active recently, so its kind of hard to address everyone, but I've read every shiny found and give a blanket YAY for all of you :p

My hunts haven't yielded much so far on Y. I have my Skrelp and Relicanth from my first try at CF, but no luck otherwise. My past 6 or so chains of around 60~ haven't given anything. (I've been attempting to hunt by Shalour City and the Skiddo Ranch with a Super Rod for Corsola/Octillery/Gorgebyss. I've taken a break from CF, as much as I love the two shinies I got I'd like to focus on others for now.

I've been doing a ton of different hunts at once, can't seem to sit still. I was MM'ing Carbink while RE'ing in various locations- notably Route 8. I also did some sweet scent horde encounters, and a ton of Friend Safari encounters (kept switching Safaris), but I did manage to nab 5 or so Imposter dittos (and 25 normal ones for breeding, though I still need Adamant, Calm, and Bold, which I can't seem to find)

I think I'm going to switch gears on my Carbink MM for now and start on a shiny blue Flabebe. I used a white one in my playthrough, which is now a lovely Florges named Chamomile. But I'd like to get my hands on a shiny blue one! My other Gen 6 goals include, in descending order of importance: Carbink, Furfrou, Scatterbug, and Pumpkaboo!

In terms of Safari Zone encountering, I'd like to RE Tropius in there. I have great memories of a Tropius from my first Sapphire playthrough ever, so I'd like to find a shiny one as a commemoration of that. For now, I'll just be working on blue Flabebe. I absolutely adore Wonder Trade because I finally have something to do with the extra pokemon from MM'ing. They have pretty nice stats and I'd hate them to go to waste! Speaking of wonder trade, has anyone given away a shiny on it here? I plan to do so if I find duplicates through CF in the future. Also, if anyone knows of where I can find a picture of shiny Florges of any color, I'd greatly appreciate a VM/PM about it! Good luck on your hunts :)

TheEliteEmpoleon

Got a golden Luvdisc last night from CF. Its not a great pokémon, but its a cool shiny! Now all I want is Relicanth and then I'll be done with Ambrette Town.

Griever789

Man I'm not sure how some of you guys have the immense patience necceary for this sort of thing 460 eggs in and I wish honedge was a 5th gen pokemon so I could do this with an oval charm and shiny charm. But I know it nothing compared to the guys who softreseting 9000 times for legends.

maldoror

Got a shiny Magikarp via CF this evening. Then found a shiny Nosepass while EV training.

Scrufox86

OK well congratulations to everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post and good luck to everyone still hunting.

I have a double wow. I did some more chain fishing, my target was Corphish.... I got a shiny Goldeen on chain 44. I change route to route 8 for Staryu.... I got my third shiny Clauncher lol. Oh and both coincidentally were on chain 44. I have noticed though that I am only getting a few different natures when doing chain fishing. I have 4 of my now 8 shinies with lonely nature. Now that is either some bad luck with nature generator or there is something else going on there. Can I ask everyone else who has done chain fishing have you noticed anything with many sharing the same nature?

And I am a little irritated that the last few times I have CFed I didn't get my target. I will try for Staryu again another time but I really hope I do not get a 4th Clauncher lol. So I now have a shiny Goldeen and a 3rd shiny Clauncher to add to my Clauncher #1, Poliwag, Clauncher #2, Remoraid #1, Remoraid #2 and Magikarp. Wow I really like this chain fishing. No shinies from friend safari yet which is a shame as I have been reading people getting at least two in a day so I don't know what is going wrong with my game.

Well good luck to all.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Haven't seen you in a while, Cyberra! Hugh congrats on the shiny Litwick, I love that shiny! Currently hunting in X for a shiny Eevee, via the Masuda Method.

ShinyCrobat72

Like A Boss
Congratulations everybody on their shinies!! :)

So I have followed this shiny thread for the past 3 months and participated in the community hunts and have never succeeded to find a shiny. This past week I have been chain fishing for a shiny clawitzer and gave up after 2 of my chains went past 100 and started messing with the friend safari things yesterday. After adding a couple people yesterday somebody said they ran into a shiny electrode. So today I was running around looking for a frogadier with protean and on the second one in the friend safari a frogadier shined!!! I was so excited getting my first shiny since a shiny machine in platinum.

Last edited: