• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to HootingLilligant on Abra, Jessara on Amaura, Shiny Lord on Espurr, MimiSkitty on Eevee, Atomcrasher on Honedge, Heliotrope on Honedge, KingYoshi on Vulpix, Storm_Dragoon on Eevee, boffy on Fennekin, darthmalice777 on Fennekin, Akko on Flabebe, and everyone else on their shinies!

-----------------

Ha, wow….So here’s an unnecessary story about what happened:
I’d gotten an unusually late start on hunting (late for a day off, anyways), but I still managed to do 700 REs by around 7:30. I’d been hunting at Route 36, and having Nidoqueen KO Pidgeys for speed EVs (it’s ok, you can tell me I’m stupid for that…But it’s not competitive anyways), and had amassed 130 Pidgeys by that point.

I’d decided yesterday that once it was night tonight, I’d go straight to Ilex Forest to focus on EV training and finally finish training her. So I got there and did 300 REs, then was going to try to do 100 more so I could finish the training. I was really rushing during the next 100 RE, since I hate when my hunting for the day leaks into the next day after midnight...

So I nearly finished training her at around 45 REs into that batch of 100, raced out of the forest up to the National Park to finish her training with 4 HP EVs via Hoothoot, and then rushed over to Route 36 to finish the last 50 REs.

Well, 3 REs at Route 36, my second shiny Female Nidoran appeared. I normally don’t save my games until I’m done hunting for the day, but I always save frequently while EV training…So obviously that’s the only reason I got this shiny tonight (at 10 minutes to midnight, no less), because of all the saving I’d done.

But yeah, a second Shiny Female Nidoran!

[IMG200]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/IMG_1145_zps5fb14f56.jpg[/IMG200]

Found it after just 1,753 REs, on my 1,053rd RE of the day.

She has a Naïve nature, is Thoroughly cunning, and has the Rivalry ability. It’s kind of good, because it would have been annoying if I’d found one with Rivalry first, then got a second one with Poison Point after already evolving the Rivalry one…So I’m glad that wasn’t the case. Plus, mine seems to have generally better IVs (23 – 24 – 16 – 23 – 23 – 15, compared to 3 – 10 – 16 – 27 – 1 – 13).

I’m still happy to have found it, and it’s nice having a normal, unevolved shiny female Nidoran, but even so…Why couldn’t you have been male instead :(? I was also sort of hoping for an Oddish while training in the Forest (Male would stay as Oddish, Female would evolve to Bellosom…I like both of those shinies), and it was less than 10 REs after leaving the forest >.<

So this doesn’t count towards my BQ, as it’s a duplicate, but at least it was yet another surprisingly quick hunt. Hopefully a male Nidoran shines next on this game, or Pidgey :x

-------------------

As for my other hunts, I also did 1,200 REs on Platinum and Black 2 (nearly a record for me!). So 43,900 REs on Platinum, and 5,800 REs on Black 2.

I’ve also found 5 shinies this month, so that ties up my record from April…Still 1 day to go to beat my record :p

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Another day, another Ice Safari RE grind. Here's hoping for a Lapras and NOT Bergmite or another Snover.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
4th batch of the day.... meaning in total, less than 270 eggs...

SHINY AMAURA!!!!!!!!!

lolomfgroflbbq#shinyamaurakicksass#sassybeast :D

This is my second hatched shiny EVER... The first being a most adorable Shiny Treecko back in 3rd generation.

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0005_zpse75cf65c.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0006_zpsa48f3024.jpg[/img139]

I got what i believe to be the better nature which is Modest(+Sp.Atk -Atk)... My plan is to EV train Amaura in Sp.Atk and HP, and never evolve him. Amaura is far too cute to have to evolve into Aurorus.

EDIT: @Pink Lapras, yep it has to be the most adorable thing to hear every time you hatch an egg... some pokemon have the weirdest ear cringing noises when entering battle, luckily Amaura isn't one of them.

BTW, Good luck with your hunt for Shiny Lapras. It's an amazing Shiny, and another adorable Ice Type Shiny too.

EDIT#2: New hunt will be for a Shiny Quilladin so i can complete my Kalos Shiny Starter Set.

Last edited:

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I love Amaura's cry, I may be tempted to try and get one shiny, maybe by hatching.

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Awkward situation where it's technically the 31st but I got a shiny faster than I anticipated (you know, not truly on the the day of Halloween and instead at almost 4AM).
I guess I could try for more spooky ghost Pokemon? 246 RE, Shuppet. Banette is awesome and has a Mega evo so pretty great.

Firewhale123

Shiny Groudon
Currently Sring Mewtwo on Y. Wish me luck! I hope there is no lock :p

Good luck on your hunts guys!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz on the recent shinies everyone! Especially Heliotrope on Honedge, AquaRegisteel and gustavo 14 on Durant, Cpchris on Nidoran and kirkeastment on Amaura (The cutest shiny award still goes to Carbink imo! :p).

------------

Well I'm still hatching away for Froakie #3. I think I'm over 800 eggs now which kinda sucks but I'm still going strong, maybe Halloween will bring me some luck? *crosses fingers*

Good luck everyone. :]

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
Got my first Gen VI shiny last Friday; a shiny Clauncher! I was fishing for Staryu when she showed up! And to top off an awesome week, today whilst looking for wild Abra, a shiny Skiddo appeared!!!! :D couldn't believe my luck: 2 within a week!! Will post pics soon.
Congrats to all the lucky shiny hunters and catchers! This is a great Gen!!!

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
This is annoying. I was trying to chain fish a shiny horse, and got THREE SHINY SKRELP instead :I

At this rate I think I'll just run from those shiny skrelps...

The hunt for shiny Horsea continues...

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
This is annoying. I was trying to chain fish a shiny horse, and got THREE SHINY SKRELP instead :I

At this rate I think I'll just run from those shiny skrelps...

The hunt for shiny Horsea continues...

lol I got one the first time I tried the fish chain thing, after only 11 pokemon fished. I cursed a lot though because I was looking for Clauncher, and he didn't shine until the 156th fishing.

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
Big congratz everyone on your new shinies, especially the hatched ones. Amazing luck x)

Hatched egg #300 yesterday, still no shiny Gastly, now I have 300 of them to release before I can fill up the boxes with eggs again lol.
Will see how many I hatch today, I have a pumpkin to carve a pumpkaboo on as well so my time is limited~

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Does the person being online boosts the chance of finding a shiny in safari?

I've obtained all of my friend safari shinies whilst offline, and that's around 30 shinies.... so i doubt it boosts the chances more by being online. I could be wrong, but if it did then that's an even crazier increase to shiny rate than already available :)

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
And the thing is, we don't know for sure if there even IS an increase. We could all just be getting GODLY lucky.

Shraeder

It's Lit
And the thing is, we don't know for sure if there even IS an increase. We could all just be getting GODLY lucky.

No way lol. I've gotten 4 shinys from Friend Safari and only looked for ~4 hours. I've only found 3 shinys before X&Y came out haha.

adnano182

Does anyone know for sure if Mewtwo is shiny locked? Day 5 of Soft Resetting btw.

I'm asking because some people say they've seen Shiny Mewtwos in the GTS and online battles. Anyone here seen one?

Thanks and good luck on your hunts everyone! :)

I had the same experience today, but with Relicanth. I was trying to get a shiny Seadra, but got three shiny Relicanth instead haha... decided to give it a break and try again later.

Scrufox86

OK well not long after my shiny Poliwhirl and Barboach.... I have just a few hours ago gotten my 11th X/Y shiny. A shiny Gyarados! on chain 33 Yep I know the majority of people do not value this as much as other shinies but it is MY shiny and I value it how I like. I knew I would probably get it but I was hoping I would get lucky and get Sharpedo but nevermind I got it and I just need to mega evolve it and see what it looks like.

By the way congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all hunting.