• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Last edited:

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
How did you chain fish for Corphish AND Skrelp? Corphish is only in X and Skrelp is only in Y.

PS I'm a Catholic too!

Where did you hear that Corphish is exclusive to X? I can confirm that it is in Y.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to TheEmeraldKnight on Gurdurr, elorasheppard on Whimsicott, SazandoraIsAwesome on Froakie and Larvesta, ThemFireTypes on Froakie, Cyndajay on Eevee and Gastly, Milennin on Ralts, RaichuArcanine on Gastly, Ho-Oh the Rainbow Pokemon on Latias, Volcanic Typhlosion on Gurdurr, and everyone else on their shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, doodlecloud!

--------------------

I decided to try to push my luck today and see if I could get to the Lake of Rage, past Mahogany Town where the 7th gym is, expecting it would be too far and I wouldn’t be allowed to proceed…But to my surprise, I could get there o_O So I was able to get Sludge Bomb for Nidoking, then caught the scripted shiny Gyarados (who won’t be counting towards my BQ, but I may hunt for one later in my BQ), beat Team Rocket in their HQ, and then started training Nidoran, who is now a Nidoking, and looks so great next to Nidoqueen :)

Route 43 has mostly pokemon that give 2 EVs in a stat, so it’s a nice surprise that I’m able to get that far with just 4 badges so I can level up faster and get EVs faster. I should be able to finish training him tomorrow, and then I’ll hunt Pidgey on Route 29 again.

So I did 300 REs on Platinum/Black 2, and 250 REs on HeartGold. Black 2 is starting to get close to reaching the odds :x

Good luck, everyone!

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
I think they might have been thinking about Clauncher. ^^

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
GAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Shiny Snover 2. Bull.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
OH MY GOD I DIDNT EXPECT THIS, after days and says of REs in Safari, you naturally expect every single one to be regular. But then all of sudden, a shiny Beautifuly pops up instead after about 5 REs since I recently changed the Type, which looks very beautiful, really like the coloring scheme on it (didn't know what it looked like beforehands). I was actually going for Pinsir, but I guess I will keep going on for it. :)

Photo on 11-2-13 at 12.36 AM.jpg

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Seriously. There are 3 Pokemon in a single safari. THREE. I've gotten 2 of them, none were the one I was looking for.

Seriously. There are 3 Pokemon in a single safari. THREE. I've gotten 2 of them, none were the one I was looking for.

^haha^ If you're still talking about your search for Lapras I can totally relate. It took me three Snovers and two Sneasels before i I finally found one. Lapras just reallllly doesn't like being purple :p

Shraeder

It's Lit
Shiny Noibat in the friend safari!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
So, how has everyone taken to these improved odds in the Friend Safari? I'm still forming an opinion, one minute I'm happy with it, the next I'm upset that they're not as rare as they used to be.

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
So, how has everyone taken to these improved odds in the Friend Safari? I'm still forming an opinion, one minute I'm happy with it, the next I'm upset that they're not as rare as they used to be.

With Friend Safari, the odds of finding a shiny went from nonexistent to incredibly rare, which I am pleased with.

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
It actually still seems very rare/lucky to me. Chaining with Radar and Safari seems to maybe have about the same odds? Complete RE and MM seem to be very low compared and Fish chaining still doesn't guarantee. But I like the new ways to obtain some shinies. It is still and will always be left to chance though.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
@Primera Stark I think a lot of people would disagree with you there. I got 2 shiny Aipom in less than 24 hours, and on the Pokebeach forums, there are several members who have over 7 shinies at this point.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I've been getting an average of 1.67 shiny Pokemon a day in the Friend Safari, while with PokeRadar I can't get a continuous chain, and with fishing I keep reeling in to quickly/late at ~20. So yes, I am really enjoying the Friend Safari rates.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
So do you think shinies are just as special as they used to be?

Shraeder

It's Lit
So do you think shinies are just as special as they used to be?

A little bit less rare, but just as special. You aren't likely to find one unless you actually try to.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter

I know how you feel, I did the same way when they introduced the shiny charm. It made me feel like all the hard work I did for my shinies was a waste of time

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
The thing about the shiny charm is that, by God, if you completed the Pokedex, you deserve that thing, haha. I just hope that most Pokemon can't be found in the Friend Safari so that the odds for encountering a shiny in the field will come back, and even if they are half of what they used to be, ~1/4000 is still a hefty number to overcome.