• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Coileach

Desperate for an answer lads :p

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So last night I was wonder trading away some of my left over pokemon from my dragon breeding project when I received a lovely little female jap marril with 3 egg moves. So now I'm half MM and half going for a perfect one if all goes well ill get a perfect shiny but I don't think I'm that lucky lol :) ill update if I get a shiny one.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Electrike hatch run #4 has come to an end, and once again I have come up shiny-less. Am really worried that one of the eggs I lost when that damn spider startled me was the shiny. *groans* Back to Route 3 for more eggs...

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Electrike hatch run #4 has come to an end, and once again I have come up shiny-less. Am really worried that one of the eggs I lost when that damn spider startled me was the shiny. *groans* Back to Route 3 for more eggs...

I KNOW! Get yourself a wrist strap! You can craft stuffs, you can craft yourself a little strap you can put on the DS, so that if you accidentally drop it, it doesn't fall but just dangles from your wrist!

COMMUNITY CHALLENGE COMPETED!!!
I got a shiny Espurr at just over 450 REs.

EDIT
Grats on the Ariados down there! Honestly, I couldn't see it was shiny in that video. I wish they didn't make those 'hardly shiny' shinies..

Finally made images of all my shinies;
Swablu http://i.imgur.com/H9t57fB.jpg
Ponyta http://i.imgur.com/PqhC1m1.jpg
Espurr http://i.imgur.com/33ZHrz8.jpg

Sure it's more complicated making the pictures in the PR video, but then they're full sized and not tiny like on the summary or blockey like in the Pokédex.

Now I'm pondering on what to hunt for next. Have a friend's bday up soon, I could try and get him some of the shinies he likes. Mareep, Corsola, Larvitar, Litwick, Sneasel, Eevee, Ralts, Mawile and Oddish.
Corsola should be the easiest since fishing is supposed to be the easiest, but I've never done it before. Sneasel and Mawile I have in FS so I could try that too.

Last edited:

Puma Italia

I've got no luck with shinies compared to some of you.. Is the MM the best way to find one? I really just want one shiny.. I don't even care what it is lol.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I've got no luck with shinies compared to some of you.. Is the MM the best way to find one? I really just want one shiny.. I don't even care what it is lol.

In my honest opinion I believe friend safari is the easiest way to find one.
I mean, I found one in only 3 random encounters............that's just insane to me.
Still loving it though >;D

Artnerd

Insane Artist

It depends on your version. If you're playing X/Y fishing is the best way to get a shiny. Some people are even starting to hate shiny fish. Friend Safari is the second easiest, after that comes MM.

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
Got a shiny honedge via MM after 8 eggs! I was MM pancham for about 3 hours before I decided to change. I was shocked when honedge came out red, was not expecting it to shine so early. It's a pretty cool red but has a rubbish nature (timid). This makes up for pain the poke radar caused me! Cannot wait to see shiny aegslash

silver2010

OMG just hatched a shiny Fennekin!

Hatched 500 eggs in Y of various pokemon with no luck so switched to my main game X and collected 60 eggs and the 15th one was a gorgeous grey fox =D

Also as I have no clue is hardy-proud of its power any good?

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

OMG just hatched a shiny Fennekin!

Hatched 500 eggs in Y of various pokemon with no luck so switched to my main game X and collected 60 eggs and the 15th one was a gorgeous grey fox =D

Also as I have no clue is hardy-proud of its power any good?

Well Hardy is a neutral nature, so already it won't be the best Delphox out there, but at least it's not a bad nature.

||Caboose||

Precision.
So, weirdest thing happened to me. I was in the friend safari and a shiny keckleon popped out. I was shocked, but on the next encounter another shiny keckleon popped out. Both of them are sassy, but they have different abilities. As an RNGer I'm really surprised by this randomness.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
So, weirdest thing happened to me. I was in the friend safari and a shiny keckleon popped out. I was shocked, but on the next encounter another shiny keckleon popped out. Both of them are sassy, but they have different abilities. As an RNGer I'm really surprised by this randomness.

They were probably related, or lovers.
Once one got captured the other was probably like "NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Take Me Instead ;~;"
And so it popped out too.

Still a better love story than twilight >3>

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Desperate for an answer lads :p

It shouldn't break the chain. Only moving and not reeling it in time will break it. And also if it says you didn't even get a nibble.

silver2010

This is unbelievable!!!!!!

I got 60 fennekin eggs and number 15 and 55 are BOTH shiny. This is the luckiest masuda method I have ever done :) :)

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Holy cheesecake!! A shiny Kirlia in less then 50 REs!!
I was so scared she would teleport away, but it took just 1 quick ball. They CAN teleport away from you, right? Read somewhere whirlwind doesn't work if you're a higher level... hoped maybe that also applies to other moves like tele...

Kirlia! http://i.imgur.com/U3O6BZ5.jpg

Last edited:

MYNISTA

In Christ
Finally evolved my shiny team....EV trained em, and now to get em to lvl 100! #Freshness!

Community Hunt Fin (Greninja/Slurpuff)

[img300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/40194f26b91308c6329dcf53e32cc0e3/tumblr_mw0c2hnQFH1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Holy cheesecake!! A shiny Kirlia in less then 50 REs!!
I was so scared she would teleport away, but it took just 1 quick ball. They CAN teleport away from you, right? Read somewhere whirlwind doesn't work if you're a higher level... hoped maybe that also applies to other moves like tele...

Grats! especially that it didn't get the chance to teleport away!
Because yes, they can teleport away :3
The whirlwind stuff you heard is true too.

Edit: also currently hunting for a shiny metang. I hope it shines soon! ^.^

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats on all recent shinies guys. There's been so so many since I last posted it would take hours to name check them all.

As for myself I just completed my fastest ever MM hunt. Shiny Tyrunt hatched after just 5 eggs haha. Was so shocked that I still really don't believe it! Can't wait to train him all the way up, I love dinosaurs! Haha.

Good luck everyone!