• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
This is UNREAL, after only a few minutes of catching Shiny Spiritomb I wander in another FS and find a shiny Fletchinder! it has average IVs in HP and Sp. Defense but has 0 in Defense, and it has his hidden ability Gale Wings that make flying attacks faster.

Pics:
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/IMG_0257_zpsacf25148.jpg
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/IMG_0258_zpsf38c4915.jpg

Now I can say this AGAIN this month: Community Hunt Complete!

@artnerd thank you, and No I wont give it a nickname since I have never done it to any of my pokemon. And I think Spiritomb is already a great name as it is the tomb of the spirits of my lost shinies ;)

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
Still looking for shiny Frogadier in Friend Safari...it has been 3 days now(~20 hours in game) and no shinies :( My luck has officially ran dry.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Greninja.jpg

Got this amazing guy after about 7 hours of searching in the FS :D already evolved him and everything and he has great IVs and Protean! This is my 4th shiny in 3 days!

November Community Hunt: Complete 2X

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
Good evening everyone! Congrats on all new shinies (especially that Honedge, 1177 eggs huh? Such a beauty is no wonder you'd have to hunt for a while, congrats nevertheless :D)

My MM hunt for Shiny Gastly is now at 660 eggs, no shiny, but I'll keep on. (660 isn't that much but I'm getting slightly discouraged lol) Hopefully it'll shine for me soon. I have a list of things I want to hunt next so I really want this to be over xD
After releasing these 360 I have in my boxes, I'll probably go to the FS and look around for a certain thing, doubt I'll have any luck there but whatever, it's nice to take a small break every now and then.

Good luck to everyone else so far, we will get our shinies sooner or later! :D

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Well, I was chaining for a shiny Qwilfish and my chain broke at 75.....I didn't move out my spot it just randomly broke nothing bit on reel in 75.

Yes, my Inkay had suction cups, and was in the 1st slot in my party holding a smoke ball. I'm not thrilled right now, but this happened to me before when I was hunting for Gyarados....

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hello everyone. Lots more new shinies found, I see. Congrats!

I've started hunting for my next Y badge quest shiny. I'm hunting in route 8, and I'm already at 700 encounters. These encounters go so quickly in these games; especially with horde encounters. I'm hoping for any shiny other than a Seviper (since I already have one).

Good luck guys.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this (apologies if it's not) but I have 4 shiny Meditite's for trade if anyone is interested. :) 2 males and 2 females, all with Pure Power and all level 30. Found while hunting for a shiny Pancham in the friend safari. I'm hoping to trade for any Kalos shiny Pokemon. PM if interested. :)

no this isn't the right place for it for trading but here you go this is the trading forum

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?271-Trade-Forum

we only post shiny hunts here and if we got any shinies :) hope that helps and guys still hatching eggs i hope i get it soon and congrats on the new shinies guys...

Coileach

Well, I was chaining for a shiny Qwilfish and my chain broke at 75.....I didn't move out my spot it just randomly broke nothing bit on reel in 75.

Yes, my Inkay had suction cups, and was in the 1st slot in my party holding a smoke ball. I'm not thrilled right now, but this happened to me before when I was hunting for Gyarados....

Happened to me at 135! Apparently this happens if you're fishing in an "open" spot as opposed to a sheltered one where there is only one fishable square in front of you and rocks or whatever around you

Danisher

Hi everyone,
Just got a shiny Rhyperior... I would like to trade it for another shiny coz I already have one.. If anyone is interested just PM me... will be online from now.... hear ya! :)

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

Musical28

It took 700 eggs and finally I got shiny Togepi. Now its togekiss....doesn't look that different but it is shiny

Currently SR'ing for a shiny anything from fossils. Have about 58 fossils and I'm turning them in all at once and then checking my boxes. Done about 15 SRs on this already and nothing has shined for me. Just about to end another group... Hoping for that shiny Kabuto or Cranidos though...

UPDATE. 2 Batches of SRs later I GOT MY KABUTO TO SHINE! MWAHAHAA. I have never gotten a shiny through SRs. So this is intense for me! :D Its Bold with the Ability Swift Swim. I don't know if either of those are good but I am happy! I'm about to go collect 60 more fossils and do this again! It only took me 18 sets of 58 fossils to get my Kabuto to shine! Its definately over 1000 pokemon, but I still say only because some people have done more than that with harder methods!

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats everyone on your latest shinies, especially CoD on Honedge and Dylz on terrakion.

Well it appears MM is my friend lately. After just 114 eggs shiny Pichu just hatched. So happy since I've always wanted to go for it but never got around to it. Thankfully I got a Japanese pichu through wonder trade so I thought now was the time!
Can't wait to train it up :)

Again congrats and good luck guys!

Congrats on the new shinies guys!

Just made it 2400 SRs for Lugia. I've decided to take a break from Lugia and look for some shinies on my Y version. Soft Resetting just gets so boring XD. Not entirely sure what I'm going for, might try to locate a shiny Murkrow since I've always wanted one. Good luck on your hunts everyone :).

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
Just got on pokemon today after not playing for a few days and I found a shiny drudigon in the friend safari. I wanted a noibat but that's ok.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Happened to me at 135! Apparently this happens if you're fishing in an "open" spot as opposed to a sheltered one where there is only one fishable square in front of you and rocks or whatever around you

And I thought my chain breaking at 75 was bad! Sorry to hear about that. Usually when I chain fish I always try to chain in a sheltered area, but when I went on the Gyarados and Qwilfish hunt I wasn't in a sheltered area....When I went on both hunts I forgot that chaining in a "non" sheltered area raises the chance of your chain breaking.

Last edited: