• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
First of all congrats everyone on all your shinies!

Second of all, no shiny news, but an update and a request!
I got a 5 perfect IV Noibat today to breed, after already collecting 150 eggs oops!
I noticed they were all hatching in Quick Balls, which I didn't really like, so I went on the GTS to try for something in a better ball and got the most perfect mother in a Pokéball. ad to trade a MewTwo for it though but I plan to SR for a Modest one this playthrough anyways.
So once I've hatched these Noibat eggs and prayed, for once, that one isn't shiny so I can switch to the Pokéball parent, I'll be grabbing the Destiny Knot from Cyllage Town and going to town on these Noibat eggs!
And then maybe, if I can work out how, I'll EV train for the first time ever. No gurantees though!

In other news, just a request to wiggle in at the end of my post (I know there's a trade thread, but since I was going to post anyways I may as well ask. Hope that's okay).

If anyone has any spare female Goomy/Sliggoo with Gooey (Hidden Ability), maybe even with some 31 IV's in at least SpAttk and SpDef, then PM me! Please!
If not that, a female Goomy/Sliggoo with Gooey and average/decent IV's will work too. Doesn't have to have 31 IV's, I mostly want that Gooey ability :3
Remember to PM me though so we don't clog up the thread! I would really really appreciate it so much! Really!

Good luck everyone, and thanks for reading!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Well, these new odds sure seem to be working for me; I've just found my 6th Y badge quest shiny after only 2222 random encounters.

And it's a... shiny Drifloon! One of the two shinies I didn't want on that route XD (but it's better than a shiny Seviper, since now I can have both shiny Drifloon and Drifblim). But Drifloon is still a great looking shiny.

Video: A shiny yellow Drifloon appeared!

I'm not sure who to hunt for shiny number 7... maybe one of the fossils? I'll have to decide after I beat the gym.

Good luck guys. Congrats on new shinies.

... Also I'm honestly more annoyed by Game Freak putting shiny-locks on certain Pokemon than I am by them increasing the shiny odds. They're trolling us "We want you to find shinies more easily... apart from these few legendaries! LOLZ, no shiny Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini/whatever for you!!!1" ... >__>

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I don't know, at the least, it is quite annoying to hear complaints about doing one day's worth of hunting and not finding a shiny. Especially when others are doing so much worse with less outcry. Doesn't seem to be as much of a problem now though, so that's good.

Though speaking of bad hunting luck, I'm now at 2600 eggs (1845 in Y) for Torchic. I can't help but feel a little jealous seeing all these absurdly quick MM hunts about, but I can't really do anything about that. Going back to collecting eggs again, and at this point, the two parents have almost reached lv. 100 from lv. 1, which makes that the second set of parents I've done that with for this hunt alone. Definitely keeping the male because 5 perfect IV's, but the female is probably going on Wonder Trade. Of course, Torchic needs to hurry up and shine now first.

That is brutal. How are you mming on both games? I am kind of confused. I think you should get it soon.....

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
That is brutal. How are you mming on both games? I am kind of confused. I think you should get it soon.....

Oh, I'm not. I started this hunt back in late September on Black 2 (with the Shiny Charm), but I realized that if I wanted a shiny Mega Blaziken in Y, it would be better to do my hunting there since the Bank won't be out right away. So after 755 eggs in Black 2, I postponed my hunting, with the rest of my eggs having been hatched in Y. Since we know the odds vary, I'm listing off both numbers of eggs, though the 2600 eggs is the number that matters to me.

Firewhale123

Shiny Groudon
Hey guys. I forgot to tell you guys about this. The same day I got my Trevenant, last Saturday, I also got a shiny Skorupi in a horde! On Sunday I found a shiny Foongus and on Monday I found another Foongus. I am hunting for a Murkrow!

Good luck and congrats to those who have found something!

Doobius

found my 3rd xy shiny today. went to try and get rotom in the old hotel and wasn't having luck so i went out and was going to go back in, but while outside i ran into a shiny female klefki. wish i would have been inside the hotel at the time and had that hit on a litwick or something. oh well. back to MMing and chaining.

Vhyra

First time ever using MM .. and boom, shiny Noibat after only 9 eggs. I was super happy but then super mad. I wish it took me like 500 eggs like I was expecting because now I have this stupid expectation that I can get shinies extremely easily. I hope my next shiny requires a tad more work. :|

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well guys back on hatching eggs more finally after doing a days of art for someone on serebii...almost to 600 eggs no shiny still I will not give up hope though I know this shiny will shine at some point :)

edit: Vyra I actually wish it was you I hate hatching eggs but ill still keep going cuaz this is the only way for me to get my shinies with good ivs and nature right now lol I understand though you like hatching eggs though ^_^ but congrats on your new shiny noibat im still trying to get this shiny bold near flawless klefki :)

Last edited:

KidsPTC

My First Shiny :D

I didn't catch it but my friend knew I wanted it, and decided to trade it to me!

Its Docile and I nicknamed it CrawDaddy

dakid445-albums-shiny-pokemon-picture34339-shiny-clauncher.jpg

The Scientist

No, it's proven. However, discussion of it was all over irc, so there isn't much I can do about that.

Ok, well thanks much, Agonist. We do appreciate you relaying the info. However, I'm sure you can sympathize with the rest of us that have no information other than hearsay. I don't doubt the odds, but it would be much more gratifying seeing the actual data to support the claims.

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
Successfully chained a shiny Skiddo on my game. It has outstanding stats with max IVs in HP and SpDef. I missed the first sparkly grass but I made sure I didn't miss the second one. First chained shiny in X&Y.

Hey all, congrats on the shiny!

Well, I have some shiny news myself! After around 5300 REs(1060 Hordes encountered) a foongus shined for me! Not what I was looking, but I was still excited when I saw those sparkles. Pretty nervous since it was a horde battle. Afraid I might accidentally hit the shiny. I'll keep looking for the Murkrow. Hoping it shines soon! Good luck on your hunts!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yes, it finally happened!
As I was completing my Mountain Pokédex (another shiny while doing so... Got five now, and not even looking for them! Odds increased, that's for sure!), a shiny Pokémon appeared in a horde! And not a Foongus this time...
A shiny Trevenant appeared!
Soooo glad this little one came! It's one of my favorite out of all the new Pokémon in their shiny forms. White, red and black, amazing! It was right in the middle of the horde, so it was the first one I saw, and I damn I was excited (especially since my friend Sealotic got two shiny Trevenants in front of me today! I was so jealous!).

It's a male (finally! after 4 female shinies, this one breaks the curse!), has a Lonely nature (+ Attack, - Defense), which isn't that bad at all. He has the Frisk ability, which I'm not pleased with... Oh well! For such good colors, not complaining too much! His IVs look like this... 26/16-19/16-19/14-17/4-7/24-26. Meh, average overall, not bad! :)
I'm so glad I caught him in a Premier Ball (and it was my only one!). It suits this Pokémon so well! He looks so awesome in the Pokémon Amie! And you know what pleases me the most ? Not only it's my first Generation VI shiny Pokémon, but...
..that it's, for me, COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETED! My first community hunt completed since the Tangela I got back in last March, who's the shiny Pokémon who brought me here! Can you believe this, actually ? Almost 7 months since then, and my second community hunt completed overall!

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
So I decided to take a break from the Honedge hunt and catch some Gale Wings Flechlingders for my friends and the first pokemon I found in the Friend Safari is a shiny Growlithe. It was Brave nature with max Defense and Speed IVs. I thought it was pretty cool but I gave it to my brother because its his favorite Pokémon

Last edited: