• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Ok, well thanks much, Agonist. We do appreciate you relaying the info. However, I'm sure you can sympathize with the rest of us that have no information other than hearsay. I don't doubt the odds, but it would be much more gratifying seeing the actual data to support the claims.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...rmat-For-Gen-6&p=174705&viewfull=1#post174705

The data/equations are in that thread.

Congrats on the Shiny Drifloon Helio & on the Ivysaur varanus.

Grats on Trevenant and Klefki too... I've still yet to see a wild Shiny Klefki encounter, seems people are busy breeding for one more than anything else.

Also, i saw CpChris mention about how, in his video, he forgot to show "no cheating device"... Even if you did show the back of the DS console, it doesn't prove anything, because you can remove the "cheating device" from the console before starting your game. So don't feel too bad, people either trust other people or they don't. :)

Of course, as stated earlier, since you were hunting on a 3DS console its a moot point anyway, since those devices won't work with 3DS systems.

------

Finished EV training my Shiny Swablu, now a wonderful Shiny Altaria.

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0044_zps4c0a020a.jpg[/img139]

I've now directed my hunt to a new area, Route 11, in the hopes of obtaining a Shiny Nidoran♂.

Last edited:

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
FINALLY after 5,786 got my 1st shiny noibat with its hidden ability but its nature is so troll imo adamant - likes to thrash about
hmm now I'll hunt for espurr on Route 6

Yeah my first was adamant as well. Then 2 days later the modest one showed up when I went back to hunt another one. xD

itzfritz

So I just found a shiny gyrados... lol I felt way more nostalgia than actual excitement from finding a shiny haha

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I was chain fishing out on route 22 and I caught a shiny Magikarp in 57 encounters! I know I know it's just a Magikarp, but Magikarp is a really cool looking shiny! I also wanna congradulate everyone else on finding their shiny's! :)

Sorry if this video sucks. I record these shiny videos with my phones camera, and my phones camera isn't the greatest....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXsCYnWym9A

Here's a pic as well
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums...y Pokemon/IMG_20131113_013702_zpsffe29d09.jpg

CuteSylveon

Remember when I said I was going to Masuda Method Zorua? I changed my mind and decided to got Route 20 to try and Horde Encounter for Trevanant; I did but I wound up getting a Foongus instead after over 1,500 encounters (I add 5 each time as there are 5 Pokémon in Horde Battles), oh well at least I've never had this shiny before ^^

Here he is:

horde_battle_encounter__1__foongus__pokemon_x__by_crescentsparkle-d6tvyya.png

Decided to try and Horde Encounter for Klefki now, with my Magneton's Magnet Pull, over 200 (1000 counting 5 each time...I think that's the amount?) encounters now and still searching, hope I don't get another Foongus (or Murkrow for that matter, though getting Murkrow wouldn't be as bad as another Foongus) xD

Last edited:

JohnNiles

I must thank the random passerby for challenging me all the way from Japan - it allowed me to see my egg hatching statistics. In fact, I assumed he challenged me in order to count his eggs, but I don't think he had any.

For me, 2420 eggs hatched since I started- I estimate around 300-400 of that to get my Honedge and fill out my pokedex, the rest on a hunt which has not yet succeeded. I pressed enough today to strain my arm; I'll probably continue to push the limits tomorrow - with my other arm.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I would keep hunting tonight but i'm getting tired. Later on i'm gonna head back out on route 22 and see if I can find shiny Goldeen, or Carvanha. Then I will go back to Ambrette town and do some more hunting there. Happy shiny hunting everyone :)

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Continuing my shiny hunt for either Ponyta, Charmeleon or Braixen. Any one of those would be awesome.

MadMoose

So, I've started my first shiny hunt ever: a timid Helioptile with speed IV.
I'm at 300+ eggs so far, and it doesn't seem like I'll get lucky anytime soon. It's quite demoralizing when I read about others getting a MM shiny within the first 100 eggs.
But I keep telling myself I have to earn my shiny. So, keep the eggs coming.

Alfred Jones

Cryptic thoughts
*Sigh* Dunsparce #4.

I just want eevee

Edit:

Captured a Loudred nicknamed 'Your Mom'

Right after ran into my shiny eevee. Hardy Nature with 31 IV's in both Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense!
tumblr_mw76x1x5uV1skhr6to1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
*Sigh* Dunsparce #4.

I just want eevee

Edit:

Captured a Loudred nicknamed 'Your Mom'

Right after ran into my shiny eevee. Hardy Nature with 31 IV's in both Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense!
tumblr_mw76x1x5uV1skhr6to1_500.jpg

Congrats Alfred! O:
Thats a beautiful Eevee!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Congrats on the Eevee!

No luck on my shiny hunt yet. Teddiursa is still a good shiny to have though.

TheMaster327

1,000 Run Aways for Xerneas. Still way too early to tell if there's a lock or not... Resh/Zek were locked due to continuity, as it would muck up BW2 if N's dragon was shiny in the first game but not the second. Seeing as Yveltal is nowhere to be seen in X (and vice versa) I still have it in my head these two are not shiny locked.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
I'd love a more in depth analysis of the friend safari (I'm sure one is being worked on!) I've been hunting for a shiny charmeleon for around 5 days now, with pretty substantial REs over the first day. On the flip side I've also switched safari and got 2 shinies in 5 encounters. There must be some hidden mechanic

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I am so jealous of Helio's luck in her BQ. :) I am still horde hunting on Route 10 for hopefully Yanma or Electrike (don't want Nosepass). I have been hunting for over a week for this thing. I have a feeling I will get it sometime this weekend. I start my maternity leave on Saturday so I will have more time to hunt until my induction date on the 25th. Hopefully I can have some good luck next week because once baby comes, hunting will drop to probably 0.

Happy hunting everyone and good luck! :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Resh/Zek were locked due to continuity, as it would muck up BW2 if N's dragon was shiny in the first game but not the second.

I think you meant "shiny in the second game but not the first" ;)

Also, just to add, while they locked N's dragon in B2/W2 due to continuity, our own dragon in B/W is also locked, even though we won't see it in B2/W2 anyway. I'm guessing the reason is that they want both dragons to be equal, therefore both have to be non-shiny.

CamelPK

Shiny Hunter
I'd love a more in depth analysis of the friend safari (I'm sure one is being worked on!) I've been hunting for a shiny charmeleon for around 5 days now, with pretty substantial REs over the first day. On the flip side I've also switched safari and got 2 shinies in 5 encounters. There must be some hidden mechanic

Me too their's definetely more to friend safari than we know now.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
regarding the increased shiny rate : to be honest I wonder what those "purist" shiny hunter on Youtube think about the new shiny rate (lol 1/8192 no longer exist). I never get why they insist on using the normal rate anyway, since like I said above, luck still plays a part even if the chance is high, so it's not like shinies obtained using Shiny Charm is less valuable.Heck I took 3 months just to get a Shiny Virizion and that's with Shiny Charm, it is possible someone using the normal rate can get one in a much shorter time, just because of luck.

Oh yes. I expect there to be many meltdowns and I can't wait.

Grats on Trevenant and Klefki too... I've still yet to see a wild Shiny Klefki encounter, seems people are busy breeding for one more than anything else.

I RE'd one. My first 6th gen shiny. :]

-----------------

I'm still trying to find that shiny Eevee for my friend, really hoping it shines soon so I can MM for one. I have a nice 5 IV Eevee to work with too.

Gratz on the recent shines and good luck everyone!

dan2point5

I think its locked since you cant go on in the storyline without catching Yveltal or Xerneas. This was also the case with Zekrom and Reshiram in their games. So I guess when a legendary is manditory to catch it would make sense to lock it otherwise you would be able to just run everytime and then encounter it again.

So my conclusion is that you are wasting your time with it.

On my hunting news, I had a few good chains going that broke and did about 1.000 RE's for my secret reclaim hunt. This makes a total of 1.500 RE's. Still think im better of chaining....

But that was the same in soul silver and heart gold. You wouldn't be able to go to the pokemon league until you'd fought Ho-oh/Lugia but those could be shiny.
But that being said I do think these 6th gen ones are shiny locked.

Congrats on all recent shinies guys.