• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
My first time saying these words in my year of being in the forums: CH Complete. I will not lie that I have had a rough week with the loss of a relative, but I still found time to hunt for Tyrunt and after olny roughly 43 eggs, I was able to get it to shine. I really apologize for having no pictures, but I will post them eventually. It is female with a Serious nature and Thunder, Ice, and Fire Fang as egg moves. I will not post for a little bit because of what's been going on, but as I always say, good luck on your hunts everyone and congratulations to those who have succeeded.

EDIT: Thank you Delusion. My next hunt will be the ever so popular Honedge.

Last edited:

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
Wow. That was quick. Already found a shiny Gible.

Gold Charmander

Wild Charmander
Start playing Pokemon again yesterday and finished black today going for a shiny ferroseed by breeding my Japanese Snivy and own ferrothorn for my first shiny. 32 eggs down so far.

Just collected 30 of every fossil and 60 Helix fossils.. Going to try and get that shiny Omanyte first and then bang out the rest of the others. Already have Shiny Kabuto. Really wish I had Omanyte already so I could get that Aerodactyl! Already turned the Helix Fossils in for about 3500 Omanytes so far :[ It really doesn't want to shine for me!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm in route 15 hunting for my next Y badge quest shiny. These horde encounters are so quick, I'm already up to 1500 encounters. I'm hoping for a shiny Klefki most of all, but I need all three shinies in this route's hoards, so I don't really mind which one I end up with.

Good luck everybody!

Edit: Wow, I timed myself and it only takes about 10 minutes to do 100 encounters with horde battles. So I'm now at 1800 encounters after only about three hours of hunting. o_O

Last edited:

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
Probably going to start hunting for a shiny Azurill/Marill soon. That bright yellow just really gets to me and makes me crave for it.

Sudoku

~Apriball Collector~
EEEE!!!! Got my shiny Phantump today in the same safari as my two Lampents!!! I am so happy!! Got two of my favorite pokemon now :D I took a break from MM since I wonder traded out all my hatched Phantumps and haven't cleaned out my box yet. 130. I think I'm going to try and get another one. I want a female since this one is male. I hatched a lot more females too so maybe I will get lucky. But even if I don't I still got one Phantump :D

Shiny Budew

Just got a shiny Burmy on Route 3. I was hunting down Light Balls while doing some EV training for Speed and there it appeared. I'm so glad it's male haha.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Just got my shiny Chespin. :) Took about 500 eggs. Adamant nature. 31 IVs in Defense.
Sorry for bad quality image lol
vtJZx0A.jpg

Next up on my list is Hawlucha. After I get Hawlucha, I plan on hunting either for a shiny Litleo or Espurr, just to make it even more of a surprise not knowing what gender I'll get.

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz on the recent shinies, especially xerxes on Archen and ShinyBlackWhite on Tyrunt (sorry for your loss).

-------------

Well, I encountered a shiny Eevee in the Friend Safari and I gave it to my friend since he won our little bet. I also found a shiny Kecleon along the way but eh.. I don't think I'll be adding FS shinies to my overall total anymore.

Anyways, I'll be MMing for my own Eevee now and I will be evolving it into Sylveon. I have a nice 5 IV Eevee to work with so hopefully the shiny one comes out nicely.

Good luck everyone.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
oh my alot of more shinies since i went to work ^_^ congrats everyone Ill be holding my shiny hunting until bank I have a flawless japanese ditto so once i get it over ill be mming like crazy XD anyway im glad everyone that still was hunting got there shinies when i got mine :)

Last edited:

MimiSkitty

I just went through my Pokemon to pick up my Nidoran (male) for Strength and Cut and realized someone sent me a Shiny Skiploom over Wonder Trade. So happy!!

professorj15

Community Hunt complete for me with a Shiny Clauncher today! Got him at around the 60th hook in the chain--I'm looking forward to evolving him and naming him Zoidberg. Then, lucky me, 8 hooks later and a shiny Horsea appeared!! I was so excited to see her, especially because shiny Kingdra's purple color is just gorgeous. I also now have 5 shinies from fishing, which is crazy. I went so long without anything, so I couldn't be happier.

There are a few other shinies I'm interested in obtaining via fishing, particularly Staryu and Carvannah. However, I want to set my sights on the Friend Safari for a bit and see what I can get there. I also want to continue MMing for Furfrou because its shiny form is so awesome. Once I can accomplish these goals, I'd love to learn how to pokeradar: I don't think I've gotten past a chain of 10 or so, but I'd like to work on it a bit.

Good luck everyone!

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I want to start SRing for shiny legends on Black 2. I havent caught ANY yet except Zekrom because I wanted to SR for all of them. Target 1 will most likely be Latios. Last time I checked I had 88 REs for Corsola/Shuckle in the Friend Safari.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hello everyone I recently started up a hunt for chimchar to complete the sinnoh trio only 126 SRs in, I hope this doesn't end up like Heliotropes chimchar that was the most outrageous hunt I've ever seen. I also want to race someone for something in 6th gen(Open to suggestions), it can be anything just let me know and I'll message you back.

@Heliotrope wow that's a little to fast o_0

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Oh wow! Yes finally. I have had some luck with pokeradar in gen VI and gotten myself a shiny Swirlix! woo my first Gen VI non-fishing shiny and that means Community Hunt Complete X3! I was thinking as I had been doing so crap at chaining in this gen that I would listen for the up-tempo music and hope to reset and find an early shiny patch but I ran into a shiny in a NORMAL patch at chain 36. But I do have a question. It is believed that you can only get one shiny patch per every 40 in a chain but if a shiny was found in a normal patch like my Swirlix was (no up-tempo music or shiny patch, I have seen and heard the shiny patch on a few youtube videos and you cannot miss a shiny patch) then does that mean I could still get a shiny patch now my chain is at 40? Or does any shiny reset the shiny patch rate?

I don't recall mentioning but on pearl version I broke the Mime jr chain after I got number 11 as I was getting fed up and I have enough shiny Mimes lol.
Oh and congratulations to all new shinies since my last post and good luck to all still hunting.

pichufan25

So yeah, just entered the Friend Safari for breeding purposes. After about 2 minutes this guy appears: http://nl.*******.com/r/23jpeex/5
Me happy and all because well, it's a shiny :)
Next RE, literally the next one: http://nl.*******.com/r/2zecy2t/5
My day only just started since it's just past midnight here, but it can't be broken anymore.

maliwoo22

I've had heaps of luck with consecutive fishing, have found 9 shinies so far, but today I tried again and got to a streak of 175 before giving up. All my other successful streaks were 20-50. I dunno if that's just me being really unlucky, but I have noticed lots of other people only reporting streaks under 100. Maybe the chance of getting a shiny decreases after you get to a certain number? Can anyone confirm or deny this, has anyone been regularly successful with chains of over 100?