• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I have a quick question about MM
If I save in front of the Daycare man, collect 5 eggs, hatch them then SR
Is that a viable to get shinies?

As long as you save before getting the eggs, you're fine.

Anyway, I just completed the Kalos Pokédex, finally! Now I can move on to my first official Pokémon X shiny hunt; Braixen! I'm aiming for a female one (I have my male Cute Charm in front), with possibly a good nature, Magician, and well placed perfect IVs (since I'm hunting her in the Friend Safari), if that's possible. I may be asking too much, too...
Too bad we can't note the random encounters with the trainer card anymore... But oh well!
Good luck guys!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
It's from the regular 1/4095. It'd be like chain fishing, breaking your chain, and getting a shiny on your next cast (chain of 0). But yeah it's increased chances as you keep going. Saw a stream last night where the guy found a shiny patch on a chain of 2 (pokeradar, not fishing)

I forgot some info, so sorry for posting again. I found the shiny Furfrou during a chain of Furfrou and the chain continued even after I caught it. I'm just confused about the fact that it had appeared in a regular shaking spot.

Edit: Yes BQ #4 Shiny Koffing in 4007 REs!!! :D I was not expecting it so soon. I was looking for Magmar, but Koffing was my other choice. Now I'm going to train it and start my search for BQ #5 in HG.

Last edited:

Vhyra

I heard on two different shiny streams last night that most people agree that tipping only increases your style. So in other words, it's confirmed that no one has a flippin' clue. :p

Had some decent luck last night! Came across two shinies.. Pawniard + Emolga! Still on that hunt for my Luxio. :(

Henselt

Last edited:

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!

Dangertrout

That's probably more interesting to the people hanging around the competitive forum.
Most people here like to brag about how long (or short) it took to get a particular shiny, so having someone else breed one would be sort of pointless in that respect.

edit - may as well throw in a pointless update. I found NOTHING. Been in friend safaris all day hatching shroomish eggs. Apparently my game hates me >.<

PocketCat

Veteran Trainer
That's probably more interesting to the people hanging around the competitive forum.
Most people here like to brag about how long (or short) it took to get a particular shiny, so having someone else breed one would be sort of pointless in that respect.

It isn't that they breed them, it's you breed them and then match the shiny value of that egg to the person with the same value. While it does feel more rewarding to MM or other method a shiny, this method is good for the impatient or someone looking for their shinies to be competitive as well.

DForce

It isn't that they breed them, it's you breed them and then match the shiny value of that egg to the person with the same value. While it does feel more rewarding to MM or other method a shiny, this method is good for the impatient or someone looking for their shinies to be competitive as well.

How do I find these values as they pertain to me and my eggs?

Do you have a link for that?

Hey all, grats on the new shinies!

Well, I've got some more shiny news! I decided to do a little more MMing for Fennekin and after 161 eggs, I received a beautiful silver fox :). Very excited, this is my first shiny using MM. Still have some more eggs to hatch, but I'm going to wait to hatch them. Going to go for Furfrou next, but I think I'm going to wait till I get the oval charm. Good luck on all your hunts everyone! Also, another Community Hunt Complete!

Dangertrout

FINALLY!!! Shiny Silgilyph!!!
Whose FS is this? Paddy's? Yes, it's PaddyTurtwigFanClub's Friend Safari.
SQUEEEEEEEE
Now if I could just get this shiny Shroomish to hatch.... :p

PocketCat

Veteran Trainer
While looking for a female charmeleon in the friend safari with a jolly sync I came across a shiny ninetales with her hidden ability. The sync failed on her and she is timid, how lucky!

Shiny Budew

omg, I've hatched like 35 eggs already for shiny charmander, still nothing. about to give up
That is not a lot of eggs. MMing can easily take hundreds of eggs, and if someone is particularly unlucky, thousands.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
omg, I've hatched like 35 eggs already for shiny charmander, still nothing. about to give up

its very lucky to hatch low counts like that keep going you will get your shiny i promise you :) don't give up!

MetalKing1417

Legend Seeker
Just caught a shiny Corsola on my second reel.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny

35!? Let me put into retrospect how long my Charmander took. It took me roughly 325, and that is just dumb luck. I have seen hunts take a lot more than just 325 eggs. I forget who it was that hatched 18000 Tauros eggs. Who was that again?

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
I forgot some info, so sorry for posting again. I found the shiny Furfrou during a chain of Furfrou and the chain continued even after I caught it. I'm just confused about the fact that it had appeared in a regular shaking spot.

Edit: Yes BQ #4 Shiny Koffing in 4007 REs!!! :D I was not expecting it so soon. I was looking for Magmar, but Koffing was my other choice. Now I'm going to train it and start my search for BQ #5 in HG.

I believe you could have kept chaining it and gotten the shiny patch since it was a random shiny and not the result of the radar.

Sudoku

~Apriball Collector~
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here a list of people and their shiny values who are willing to hatch a shiny egg for you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApvTZ3ZGWQHPdFl6dWRfRTdVVGpRX21ZUnl6blhneHc#gid=0

What is this exactly?....
Took a break from my Phantump MM and decided to fill out my dex more. Only hatched 160 eggs so far. My boyfriend found a shiny lampent and then went to a different safari and first encounter was a shiny Wartortle. His first shiny pokemon ever! He was pretty excited for the Lampent, but he almost lost it when he found his second one lol. Anyway, congrats on the shinies since I posted last and good luck on your hunts everyone. :D

Edit: I have decided to go on a shiny Snorunt hunt. Has to be a female. MMing of course. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the shinies since my last post! So many new shinies @_@.

Well I do have a new shiny to report myself. So sometime after posting about my shiny Fennekin I decided to start a new MM hunt. So for about two or three weeks I've been hatching eggs and taking a break to complete the story so I could get Hatch Power. Well at around 9PM tonight, after I as done watching TV, I was heading upstairs to check the re-installation of... pretty much my whole computer... long story, when egg number 1951 hatched...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0196_zpsd22c45f1.jpg[/IMG139]
It's so cute! <3

Unfortunately she's female and I really wanted a male for the nickname I had planned, oh well. Fortunately she got the ability I wanted and had outstanding IVs thanks to her parents and the destiny knot! IVs being HP: 31, Attack: 24, Defense: 30, Sp.Attack: 31,
Sp.Defense: 5 (despite a 31 being passed down by both parents), Speed: 31. More Pictures: Summary, OT/ID, Full 3DS Shot, Video. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

As a side note, I added my 3ds friend code to my signature if anyone wants it for the friend safari. I have no idea what pokemon are in it yet though. PM me if you add me and let me know what pokemon are in there! I also have a full box of outstanding female Noibats left over from my hunt if any one wants one of them for their own hunts, just PM me if you want one.