• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Decided to try some random encounters on Friend Safari. I was aiming for a shiny Phantump and after a couple of hours I encountered a shiny... but a shiny Lampent. It's really cool though, and will try a Phantump later again:) I was thinking of trying PokéRadar as well, I really want to master it.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Got gifted a Shiny Gabite.
Thank you, you know who you are~

Still working on IV breeding currently, but once I get some perfect IV ones I'll try and get perfect IV shinies, I still have a long way to go. XD
Got access to a Eevee FS, really happy about that too!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hell to the yes! After 9,864 RE's, the 7th Shiny of my W2 BQ has appeared! That's right, Shiny Litwick in Celestial Tower! I managed to catch her in one of the Luxury Balls I traded over, which is what I wanted! =). Here's some pics:
Litwick1_zps8fee7aa6.jpg

11c5412c-1997-4953-9d67-f254e139478e_zps52178843.jpg

6d6d9360-ffb2-4e13-8550-e894fa1e8c48_zps4b4c6ed2.jpg
She's Quirky Nature, which is fine by me as it's neutral, and some great IV's:18/31!/15/21/27/26. Hah shame the max IV had to be in Attack, which is useless for her! Ah well, I don't really care, I'm just so happy I have her! She has Flame Body, which is epic, as it means I can use her to hatch eggs on any of my Gen V games! And not only that, this now means I only have one more Shiny to go on this W2 BQ, which is also my first BQ. Now I'll train her to evolve into Lampent, then go on in the game until I get to my final target on this BQ, which will be SRing for Shiny Terrakion! Whoohoooo! =)
~RaichuArcanine~

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
Congrats on the shinies everyone :D

I'm putting my MM hunt for a Goomy on hold. 600 eggs is enough for now

Does anyone have a Gabite or Hawlucha safari so I can hunt for those? XD

iKarlCPFC

Got 2 Ponytas in the FS yesterday :D

iKarlCPFC

Just caught a Shiny Braixen as well.

Pierate

While searching for an Absol for false swiping yesterday, the very first one I found was shiny with Adamant nature. Almost feel bad about using it for false swipe.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Well I'm hunting in Route 42 for BQ #5 in HG, while training Koffing(which is diffecult since it does not know any good attacks right now.). I keep running into Entei and Raikou, which slows things down. Special congrats to Dangertrout for your first shiny in gen 6. Congrats to everyone else on your recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

@Ndayday I had actually continued the chain, but then it broke. Also thank you for the info because I wanted to make sure that my Furfrou was recorded on my notebook the right way. I wrote down That the method was RE and the number was unknown. thanks again :)

Artnerd

Insane Artist

Evie Snow

I don't want to go reading back through all these pages for an answer, so maybe someone would kindly give me one? It's not important, and maybe it's just me, or are the chances of getting a shiny in the Friend Safari REALLY high? I've seen quite a few people get shinies via the FS and even I, known for my terrible shiny luck, bumped into one without even trying. I've heard the chances are as good as the MM but it seems to me like it might be even higher.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Still no luck on Honedge, but knowing ho awesome it looks only makes me more determined. I really need to find a way to upload pics of my shinies.
I don't want to go reading back through all these pages for an answer, so maybe someone would kindly give me one? It's not important, and maybe it's just me, or are the chances of getting a shiny in the Friend Safari REALLY high? I've seen quite a few people get shinies via the FS and even I, known for my terrible shiny luck, bumped into one without even trying. I've heard the chances are as good as the MM but it seems to me like it might be even higher.

No one has been able to find the exact odds, but yes it has at least been theorized that the Friend Safari has higher odds.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
*Cries* after only 20 eggs I find a shiny foongus, but it doesn't have regenerator like I'm trying for ;_;
I thought I was going to get so lucky too!
Ah well back to the MM hunt.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It's from the regular 1/4095. It'd be like chain fishing, breaking your chain, and getting a shiny on your next cast (chain of 0). But yeah it's increased chances as you keep going. Saw a stream last night where the guy found a shiny patch on a chain of 2 (pokeradar, not fishing)

I think the longer the chain, the greater the chances of encountering a shiny patch. But no, you may encounter a shiny pokemon at any time in the chain, even if the chain fails and you run into a different pokemon (i.e. my shiny Trevenant broke my Noctowl chain).

Thank both of you guys so much!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
No shinies to report unfortunately :(

I was just thinking though, how funny it would be if the FS had normal 1/8192 odds of getting a shiny!

Anyways, back to my hunting!

Shiny Budew

I'm MMing for a Shiny Scatterbug. I'm also spending quite a bit of time in Santalune Forest, so it'll be interesting to see which will be fruitful first.

So far I've hatched 90 eggs. Thinking about taking a break to continue the story line (farthest I've gotten is Ambrette Town lol). But then again, maybe not, I find it kind of addictive lol

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well today has been a most fruitful day for me so far... Shiny #4

I Will Squirt Ink In Your Face (Lonely: +Atk -Def - 31 IV in Sp.Atk & Sp.Def)
[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0069_zpse17eb995.jpg[/img139]

Summary = http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0070_zpsbc6c0254.jpg
Dex = http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0071_zpsaaa204c4.jpg

This is great news for me, as it means i have a 2nd Shiny Suction Cup Lead... The first being my Shiny Malamar.

This Shiny Wartortle is being most elusive though, so i've decided to switch my hunt to a FS containing Lampent/Pumpkaboo/Spiritomb for a little while whilst i source a Panpour/Wartortle FS.

This Ghost Shiny hunt is a little ahead of schedule, but i did have it lined up as my next hunting ground, as i need a Shiny Spiritomb with Ominous Wind(just incase i get a Horde w/Shiny Zangoose & 4 Seviper) Of course if i happen get a 2nd Shiny Pumpkaboo then at least i'll be able to finally evolve one into a Shiny Gourgeist. :)

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Well today has been a most fruitful day for me so far... Shiny #4

Seems like you are having quite the day! Share some of that luck will ya? :p

I decided I'd finish off the Kalos dex last night so I could get the oval charm. I've started an old hunt that has alluded me for years. I've done over 3k between gens 4-5 to try to get it.

Here's hoping Sneasal shines for me this time. I did about 30 eggs last night before I went to bed, so I'll pick it back up after work (and probably homework) tonight!

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, I have a question about MM, so I have a Japanese Froakie with 5 IVs, and i put it with one of mine, so now i have 5 ivs Frokies, so i was wondering if i can put these Frokies i breeded from this same japanese Frokies so i can try for a good IVs shiny Frokie, dont know if it will affect anything if the Frokie i am putting with the one i used to breed it will affect anything.