• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Daveo100

I like Chesse
I got a Shiny Clauncher by chain fishing so for me that means
Community Hunt Complete!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Quick question guys, is a gentle nature a viable nature for Mega Venusaur?

Honestly, I wouldn't try to reduce one of Venusaur's best stat. Depending on how do you want to use your Mega Venusaur, I can propose you these natures...
- Modest (+ Special Attack, - Attack) would be a good nature for a special oriented offensive Mega Venusaur. Timid (+ Speed, - Attack) could also work to give Mega Venusaur a slight speed boost, although not quite popular.
- Relaxed (+ Defense, - Speed) or Calm (+ Special Defense, - Speed) would be nice natures if you plan on giving your Mega Venusaur the usual wall role.

Personally, reducing Speed would be the best. Venusaur being the kind of Pokémon who can handle hits cannot do much with its Speed being nothing be normal. Increasing it or decreasing it wouldn't do much of a difference. So, as I said above, Relaxed or Calm would be your best shot. You can also EV train your Venusaur afterward by filling up the lacking stats.

Last edited:

⊙ᴗ⊙
I got a REALLY good fire-type friend safari that consisted of Braixen, Charmeleon, and Ponyta and decided I'd hunt around there today.

About an hour in, the shiny I wanted most out of the 3 flashed across my screen and I couldn't be happier right now.

So. yeah. Community hunt complete~ and now all I need is a shiny Chespin/Quilladin to complete my shiny Kalos starter trio.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I've been reading through the thread and have realized that there have been many debates and arguments. Like Dangertrout said, it is against this thread's rules to question shiny value, and I agree with this. If you think a method is "cheap" or "misused" just keep your thoughts to yourself. Afterall none of us are keeping score on who has the most shinies, it is for the fun of hunting, and the reward for receiving a pokemon that you can share your excitement with your peers. As with complaining about hunts, you do not need to complain about the amount of the hunt. Just find a way to preoccupy yourself and take a break from the hunt until you're ready to continue. I myself have taken breaks from hunts, and I feel a lot less stressed when I take a break by seeing the joyful news from other hunters. I would like to apologize if I have overreacted, and I do hope that these arguments can be resolved and that we can continue communicating through this community.

PocketCat

Veteran Trainer
While eving training last night I came across a shiny whismur. And while checking a new friend's safari I found a shiny beautifly. It tried to whirlwind but thank god it failed! I helped someone get a shiny torchic today as well. Today has been a very sparkly day.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Oh my gosh!
I just hatched that shiny Eevee I wanted!
On the 230rd egg.

Female and has a spread like this: 31/31/x/31/31/31
I planned to envolve her into a Sylveon so that works out, but she wont be able to survive KO attacks like Iron Head with a defense like that, I'll have to invest EVs into that.

http://imgur.com/8FZ307z

Yeah I know i spelled the name wrong.

Caught a shiny Quagsire in a random encounter. Such a cutie!

Also, has anyone made a list of shiny 6th gen sprites yet?

Azure Kyogre

Hello, hope one of you can answer my question about shiny breeding. So I decided to resume my Shiny Riolu again. I stopped after hatching 2,200 eggs or so.

So, I tried this method..which I saved the game before the breeder man turns around and give me the eggs. So I received the 1st egg and then got the next 4.

I hatched them all and soft reset if I don't hatch a shiny one. However, I noticed that the first egg seems always the same..but the next 4 eggs are always different. Is that okay? Is it normal? Should I keep going like this?

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Hello, hope one of you can answer my question about shiny breeding. So I decided to resume my Shiny Riolu again. I stopped after hatching 2,200 eggs or so.

So, I tried this method..which I saved the game before the breeder man turns around and give me the eggs. So I received the 1st egg and then got the next 4.

I hatched them all and soft reset if I don't hatch a shiny one. However, I noticed that the first egg seems always the same..but the next 4 eggs are always different. Is that okay? Is it normal? Should I keep going like this?
Save before receiving the any eggs then collect 5 hatch SR, that's how I MM hunt.

Azure Kyogre

Save before receiving the any eggs then collect 5 hatch SR, that's how I MM hunt.
Well yes, I thought that's what I'm doing. I'm just wondering why my 1st egg always end up the same but not next 4 eggs..

Tina

Boy Skylark
Well yes, I thought that's what I'm doing. I'm just wondering why my 1st egg always end up the same but not next 4 eggs..

This is a new mechanic they added into gen6, its mostly used by IV breeders because the first eggs stats never change when you reset even if you change the parents.
So just reject the first egg each time and youll be fine.

Azure Kyogre

This is a new mechanic they added into gen6, its mostly used by IV breeders because the first eggs stats never change when you reset even if you change the parents.
So just reject the first egg each time and youll be fine.
Ah gotcha. No wonder some people said to reject the 1st egg and I was like are you crazy, what if it was shiny!? Haha, now I get it.

Thank you! Hope I'll get a Shiny Riolu a bit quicker this time ;c Hope I won't have to hatch another 2k eggs with this method, lmao

Tina

Boy Skylark
Ah gotcha. No wonder some people said to reject the 1st egg and I was like are you crazy, what if it was shiny!? Haha, now I get it.

Thank you! Hope I'll get a Shiny Riolu a bit quicker this time ;c Hope I won't have to hatch another 2k eggs with this method, lmao

Good luck!!
Shiny Riolus are awesome, I'm sure you'll get that Riolu eventually. >;o

Azure Kyogre

Good luck!!
Shiny Riolus are awesome, I'm sure you'll get that Riolu eventually. >;o
Yea I really hope so >_< 2,200 eggs + ??? lol

Last question, I'm wondering after I get 5th egg, what if the 6th egg is actually shiny? lol but I won't get that since I will soft reset after I hatch 5th egg, you know?

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I always wonder that myself, it prevents me from thinking of soft resetting to change up the values sometimes.

On the other hand, i'm just stocking up on Honedge egss and then i'll hatch them in Lumoise City. I'm around 638 eggs and nothing yet hope it shines eventually a male would be nice too but i've been hatching a lot of females.

Miju~

Tina

Boy Skylark
Yea I really hope so >_< 2,200 eggs + ??? lol

Last question, I'm wondering after I get 5th egg, what if the 6th egg is actually shiny? lol but I won't get that since I will soft reset after I hatch 5th egg, you know?

I'm assuming that your going to be having a flame body pokemon and 5 eggs per batch, if the 6th untaken egg was shiny then that would just be bad luck. We'd never know if it was shiny or not anyways so just keep telling yourself that it isnt and hopefully the shiny baby wont be there. (;
If you DO get a shiny egg though chances are that it'll land on one of the 5 in your party anyways.

Azure Kyogre

I'm assuming that your going to be having a flame body pokemon and 5 eggs per batch, if the 6th untaken egg was shiny then that would just be bad luck. We'd never know if it was shiny or not anyways so just keep telling yourself that it isnt and hopefully the shiny baby wont be there. (;
If you DO get a shiny egg though chances are that it'll land on one of the 5 in your party anyways.
That is correct ;P

Ah yea, hopefully it isn't! lol. 1 in 5...alright, cool o; Thanks again! ^^

I'll post here with a pic of Shiny Riolu...if I ever get one, lmao. I rather to get it through breeding since I put so much time into this. If I don't, then I'll feel I wasted like 70 hours + So yeaa no thanks xD

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
Sitting at 941 eggs hatched for Honedge. I have around 100 more eggs waiting to be hatched in my boxes, so hopefully it turns up in one of those :D if not then back to Route 7, haha. I have never released so many Pokemon in my life. In fact I had never released a Pokemon until gen 6 :0

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Sitting at 941 eggs hatched for Honedge. I have around 100 more eggs waiting to be hatched in my boxes, so hopefully it turns up in one of those :D if not then back to Route 7, haha. I have never released so many Pokemon in my life. In fact I had never released a Pokemon until gen 6 :0

Good Luck! *sprinkles magical dedenne luck dust*
I'm also currently MMing for a shiny honedge. I MMed a shiny foongus in 20 eggs so Its given me confidence!
Sadly I'm at 400 eggs now but I really want that red blade!

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
Good Luck! *sprinkles magical dedenne luck dust*
I'm also currently MMing for a shiny honedge. I MMed a shiny foongus in 20 eggs so Its given me confidence!
Sadly I'm at 400 eggs now but I really want that red blade!

Good luck to you too! It's my first MM attempt, so lacking confidence but I'm determined. One of the few shinies that I think looks a lot better than the normal colour, so that's motivation enough :)