• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Arcaten

Arcanine Trainer
After spending 2 weeks in a Charmeleon + Ponyta FS with no luck I decided to move to one that contained both of those plus Ninetales and within 7 Encounters I caught a Shiny Ponyta! :D First Friend Safari Shiny!

http://i44.*******.com/30d9maf.jpg
http://i39.*******.com/30kad13.jpg

Arcaten

Last edited:

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
To start off congratulations to everyone who got a shiny. I would love to congratulate everyone personally but there are so many I can't keep up. Sorry. ^^;

As for me, no luck yet with my Froakie MM hunt. (None of my hunts are going great lately.) XD But I keep going, I want that black ninja frog. :p I now also have a bunch (about 1 box full, and growing stack) of Timid Protean Froakies. If anyone needs want one, just let me know in a PM and I'll be happy to give you one. :)

Well I'm off hatching some more frogsies and everyone ... GOOD LUCK AND MAY YOU FIND SPARKLES IN YOUR NEAR FUTURE. ;)

Mr. Shinx

Can't believe what happened today. I've been letting a kid in my class play on X version, he's filling up the pokedex for me if he's had a good day for his reward. Win, win as far as I'm concerned.
Today he was looking for cryogonal for me, and after a couple of minutes he came over and said he'd found a shiny Jynx! Didn't believe him at first since shiny juncos aren't that different than standard ones. Was only after he caught it and showed me the Pokedex that I believed him! He was really excited bless him, his first ever shiny. But I'm glad it was on my game! Haha!
Just wish I had that luck on my Y badge quest. Still SRing for Fennekin. Starting to believe my Y game doesn't have shinies on it!

CuteSylveon

Congratulations on all recent shinys!

Still random encountering for Klefki (Horde Battles-over 1000 encounters),no luck yet and on some days it has been raining on the Route that Klefki is on so that has held me back for a bit too (as Sweet Scent and Honey doesn't work in the rain).

Thinking of Masuda Methoding Charmander now as I need a break from Klefki and as my boyfriend really likes Charizard and thinks it looks even better in shiny form, I have Charizardite X as well as I chose Charmander from Professor Sycamore, so if I manage to get this i'll get Charizard's mega form in shiny too which would be amazing, may start for Zorua too and do what I used to in Black/White/Black 2 and White 2 (every time I fill a box of hatched eggs, switch to the other Pokémon to keep interested and if none are shiny after 4 boxes, then soft reset). Good luck on all your hunts :3

killercloud

I tried the chain fishing thing tonight having only tried it once before. I really got the hang of it and found three shinies in the space of an hour! Gorebyss, Octillery and Corsola. I'm so happy it's the first time I've ever actively hunted shinies and got them! Usually I fail miserably.

Congrats on everyone else's recent shinies too!

Got a shiny poliwag by trying chain fishing for the first time. Got it after a chain of 17. I wanted to go on for another one to get both a shiny poliwrath and politoed but it broke at 19.
And that was my 3rd shiny today. That's as much as all my random encounters since gen 2 together o3o

Last edited:

Skylark

IV Breeder
Got a Shiny Vulpix on my 400th egg using the Masuda Method. All perfect IV, except for attack. Unfortunately with Flash Fire. Still happy though, since Shiny Ninetails is one of my favorite Pokémon.

-Koumori-

I found a shiny Shuppet in my friends Friend Safari last night. It's now a level 51 Banette named Despair :) Is there any way I can upload pictures from my 3DS for a clear look at Shiny Mega Banette for everyone?

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats to everyone and good luck to those who are hunting!!

Anyways, so I was looking around in a few of the new safaris I got last night from trading and on the first encounter I found a shiny Audino in a normal safari! :D
She is Timid and has the HA, with IVs in defense and sp. defense I believe.

Dangertrout

Running around in a friend safari hatching shroomish eggs....

Shiny Beautifly!
It's male, but I havent actually looked at anything else yet since catching it. want to finish hatching all these eggs first :p

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
congrats on the shiny and if you don't care about nature and ivs you should be fine :) some people just want a shiny pokemon and don't care ;) you should be proud of your shiny ^_^

Well I'm glad that it is a Shiny, but I still value combat effectiveness as well. I actually caught it as I was looking for a good Staryu progenitor for breeding.

My other shinies are pretty much combat ready Pokémon. My Blaziken, Venomoth, Scizor and Garchomp have the proper natures and good IVs.

On another note, I got two shinies yesterday, both of them via trade. One of them is a Shiny Ursaring as a reward for a bit of quest work (okay, a "bit" is an understatement, an Ability Capsule in one go is pretty grueling). The other one was a trade I made with a Japanese girl(?) I befriended before as a passerby. I traded my first shiny Clauncher, Zoidberg ★, for a shiny Tentacruel. It was Quirky, but Mischievous with a perfect Special Attack.

Stymie