• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wingman32x

Just chained a shiny Exeggcute on route 12. I'm not too crazy about the Exeggcute line, but I like its shiny form.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Nearing 4,000 eggs in my MM'ing for a shiny Vulpix, whilst hatching them, I decided to give chain fishing a try, I got to a chain of 23 Corsola before and Octillery broke my chain -_- I then attempted to use the Poke'radar to chain for a shiny Fletchling or Dedenne on the respective routes, learned I am awful at chaining because I literally can only get to two before the chain breaks. So I will stick to MM'ing I've decided :p

4000 eggs??? Ouch :/ and I thought I was having a hard time hatching a shiny charmander with 1800 eggs hatched

best of luck to you!

Crimson_Blazer

Nearing 4,000 eggs in my MM'ing for a shiny Vulpix, whilst hatching them, I decided to give chain fishing a try, I got to a chain of 23 Corsola before and Octillery broke my chain -_- I then attempted to use the Poke'radar to chain for a shiny Fletchling or Dedenne on the respective routes, learned I am awful at chaining because I literally can only get to two before the chain breaks. So I will stick to MM'ing I've decided :p

Different pokemon don't break fishing chains, reeling in too fast or not getting a bite at all are the only things that will break a consecutive fishing chain, you also don't have to battle, just flee

MetalKing1417

Legend Seeker
Just hatched me a shiny Klefki. :)

Hey all! So I caught a shiny Boldore in the FS a little while ago. I was also wondering if anyone on here could help me evolve it? I'd really appreciate it. PM me if you can help me out :)

Got somebody! Thanks @chamiel :)

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
So I caught a shiny Venipede on my White 2 today, my 49th shiny. so I just bought pokémon X to start my badge quest nuzlocke. Gonna start on route 2, but first a friend of mine is going to trade me 20 luxury balls.

Not gonna SR since I can't get the SR'd pokémon in a luxury ball ;p

Gonna SR for a cool TID now.

EDIT:

00206 Trainer ID. Which is cool.

Time to hunt on route 2, got my 20 luxury balls thanks to a friend of mine. Hoping for a Pidgey, Fletchling or Scatterbug. Can't wait to start this BQN!

Holy crap! Shiny Bunnelby after exactly 20 minutes... BQN# 1!!!

It's male and lonely natured. I won't EV train it because its lvl 2 and I'm just to lazy. I'll EV a team when I'm about to fight the league. First shiny already in this badge quest nuzlocke... I'm so happy O_O

Edit again:

Evolved bunnelby in a diggersby, man this pokémon sucks. Still I managed to survive this badge quest nuzlocke.. now I am currently horde hunting on route 7. Hoping for either psyduck or roselia. But hey, any shiny would be great. Hoping for a hopip too though.. ohwell we will see ;3

Last edited:
sorry if this is a stupid question, but can you get eggs to be automatically transferred into boxes? a lot of people keep mentioning boxes of eggs and I was just wondering

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
sorry if this is a stupid question, but can you get eggs to be automatically transferred into boxes? a lot of people keep mentioning boxes of eggs and I was just wondering

You have to do it manually, I believe we are still quite away from having that even being an option in the Pokemon games.

I'm doing a double hunt now RE for Shiny Phantump and MMing for Honedge still hope one of them appear soon.

Miju~

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

Nope. When people say "boxes of eggs" from what you're referencing, they're just collecting eggs and depositing them into boxes rather than hatching them right away.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Congrats to PokeAmi on Sneasel, PopPrincess_Lyra on Honedge, darthmalice777 on Flabebe, ColtonL on Swadloon, Puma Italia on Gulpin, KeiLanRan on Pupitar, Mijuwott on Shuppet and Spiritomb, LittleEvil on Graveler, dedeibm on your THREE Eevees, Alfred Jones on Eevee, kirkeastment on Spiritomb, maldoror on Floette, Heliotrope on Spritzee, City of Delusion on Eevee, wingman32x on Exeggcute, Metalking1417 on Klefki, WurmpleKing on Boldore, Dylz on Venipede, and ZoRk on Oddish!

I got a shiny Foongus in a horde yesterday! It was a random encounter as I was walking towards the Unknown Dungeon to catch Mewtwo. I'm not a huge fan of Foongus/Amoongus, so I'm considering trading it for any shiny that I don't have if anyone wants it.

Has anyone successfully SR'd a shiny Mewtwo, or is it suspected of having a shiny lock?

Pluski

After a fishing chain of 164, I finally found and caught a shiny Clamperl! It's a male, so I'm probably going to evolve it into Huntail if I find another one. Later, I tried chain fishing for a Horsea, but found another shiny Clauncher instead. Well... a shiny is a shiny, so I caught it for trading purposes.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Has anyone successfully SR'd a shiny Mewtwo, or is it suspected of having a shiny lock?

It seems that for whatever reason GF put a shiny lock on Mewtwo, the birds, and Zygarde, as no one has been able to find a shiny of those Pokemon AND show a video proof of it.

It has been more than a month, with the number of people and the time spent SR-ing for them, along with the new shiny chance, at least one should already appear by now, but there's none. It's a bit strange if all those people are just having bad luck.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I've decided to hatch for a shiny Fletchling now in X, since I managed to get hold of a Japanese female with gale wings ability. I'm hoping the shiny will have gale wings too, and be male - because I want to nickname it "Boy Wonder" (since it is a robin. :p )

I'm trying to hatching a full team of shinies to use in my next play through of X. Shiny Fletchling will be member number 4; so far I have shiny Froakie, Goomy and Spritzee.

Good luck guys.

Well I've been chain fishing again. Got two shiny Luvdisc, I'll give one to a good friend of me and got a shiny relicanth as well.

Faketime

Almost ready to begin my hunt for a shiny Tyrunt. I've taken the time to find parents to pass on Dragon Dance, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang. I really hope wonder trading gets me a decent (high iv) foreign Tyrunt or Tyrantrum soon, as it will greatly speed this along. Some shiny hunts it seem take quite an effort just to prepare.

The Dief

Hi all, in the last 3 generations I have only ever found one shiny, a roserade. Been playing Y for about 100 hours most of that time hatching egss and I have found four! A Mawhile, Gabite, Scatterbug and corsola. All out in the wild, one in a safari zone. I was under the impression the odds where about 1/4000 to have a random encounter with a shiny, am I just super lucky???

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I'm now at 300 eggs for Shiny Chespin. I actually a little happy because it's going a little faster than I thought(probably because of the foreign Chespin that I have with my own Chespin). I'm still hopeful that it will be under the odds, but then again It might go over. I'll be prepared for that though, so I may have failed to get in the start through SR and I will get it through MM >: ( . Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
I caught my second shiny in the Winding Wood on the very first chain encounter (and in no shiny patch, for that matter). For someone who hasn't seen the shine since the RSE days of old, finally having legitimate shinies(plural!) feels so nice!

With shining Noctowl and Trevenant on the team, I think I may actively search for some other shiny bugs or birds for my next playthrough. :) Fletchling perhaps, though I'd love a Venipede.

Good luck to those attempting shiny capture via MM method... I just don't have the patience to hatch so many eggs hahah.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
What the!? Random shiny Lavitar hatches!

Ok, so I decided to breed Lavitar with good IVs and with Pursuit, Stealth Rock, and Dragon Dance egg moves. After finally getting those eggs moves on it I decided to put it with one of my Japanese Dittos so I could get faster eggs and on the 5th egg! a shiny one hatches! He has a Jolly nature with Max IVs in HP, Atk and Speed! Which is pretty nice. It just crazy how it took me almost 1,600 eggs for shiny Eevee and then I get this randomly in 5 eggs but I guess that's just how shinies are sometimes lol.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!