• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Just managed to chain a shiny Klefki! Think Pawniard might be my next target but there's a high chance that'll change... Good luck all!

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Yay, I managed to get my shiny Goomy around 200ish eggs.
Pics:
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=1b3461ba26ed5e3c7be6d0bb1a4cc325&oe=528ECABD
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=67655bca6d227a2a0f8d72599739af4e&oe=528F0798
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=960c1f962ff2b65e596d2c85c9e18241&oe=528EABCA
Now to see if I can finally find a foreign trapinch to start getting the shiny one, GL to all :D
Also wondering, a Italian Honedge counts as foreign pokemon right, becuase it has the ita on top like a japanese one, so i can use that one to breed shiny right?

Last edited:

TekTek

At about 1,050 sentret now! Still not slowing down. I have about 150 to hatch once this box is full, hopefully it'll be there.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Yay, I managed to get my shiny Goomy around 200ish eggs.
Pics:
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=1b3461ba26ed5e3c7be6d0bb1a4cc325&oe=528ECABD
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=67655bca6d227a2a0f8d72599739af4e&oe=528F0798
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=960c1f962ff2b65e596d2c85c9e18241&oe=528EABCA
Now to see if I can finally find a foreign trapinch to start getting the shiny one, GL to all :D
Also wondering, a Italian Honedge counts as foreign pokemon right, becuase it has the ita on top like a japanese one, so i can use that one to breed shiny right?

Congratulations on the Goomy!

I am 99.99999% sure that it would work, but I always use Japanese just to be sure LOL!

I am also considering Trapinch for a hunt some time too!

Right now, I have ditched my ******* Phantump hunt, well over 4000 RE's in the FS, and I have switched my sights to Noibat in the FS, with about 100 RE's done so far!

GL to all!

Hey guys XD
Firstly, congrats on all recent shinies especially to Dylz on Bunnelby (may i add how interesting in find your BQN!) and City on that nice Random Larvitar. And of course to all the other shinies recieved of recent!

Well, anyway.... I have an update! I have started to try chain fishing!..... Without success. I keep reeling it in too early/late but mostly nothing bites...... And i have suction cups Inkay lead. So I have temporarily given up on that.

Now I just couldnt resist it..... Im back in for another Eevee or two :D
Back REing in this normal friend safari. Hopefully this one has its HA so i can get magic bounce Espeon :D. 250 res and counting.....

Gl to all!!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I don't mean to double-post on one page. But, wow.

As I said earlier I've started breeding for a shiny Fletchling. Well I was just trying to level up my new male Fletchling (who has 5 31's - only took me about 40 eggs :p ) a little before replacing my old Fletchling with him in the day care, so off I go into victory road... and a completely random shiny Gurdurr appeared on the first encounter! o_O

I haven't had a completely random shiny in ages, so it's great to finally get another one. ^_^

I was really worried I wouldn't catch it, as it was lv57 and all I had on my team was my lv1 Fletchling, my lv40-something Talonflame and my lv70-something Heliolisk - who proceeded to get KO'd instantly by focus punch as soon as I switched to it...

Here's the video: random shiny Gurdurr

Also I don't know why I keep calling that Gurdurr a she when it's a he. XD

PhazonRain429

Pokémon collector
So, I have been MM:ing for a shiny female Espurr for a few days now and after only 312 eggs a shiny Espurr shines! A MALE Espurr. I really wanted that female one so I will have to continue hatching more eggs until I get her. If I get another male I will be seriously unhappy. Wish me luck! I feel like I'm going to need it. xD

Also, last sunday I hatched a shiny Spritzee with the masuda method after 467 eggs. She is now a beautiful Aromatisse. C:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

One of these Yanma looks a little cold...perhaps a nice pokeball will warm it up

Finally, 3 days of almost non-stop hunting after finding a shiny nosepass, a beautiful blue Yanma appeared and made all the other Yanma look like Trubbish.

I'll tell you what's not trubbish though, my shiny nosepass. At first I was devastated that I did not find my dream shiny, but now I'm very happy that I ended up with two great shinies. I'll leave it up to you to decide which one is my favourite :)

Anyway, my modest gardevior failed to pass her nature to both nosepass and yanma. Fortunately, yanma ended up with a half-decent nature, Quiet. It does not have speed boost sadly so I'll have to get an ability capsule for that.

Stats
In battle + Sparkles!

Well that was a mouthful; as always, good luck and congratulations, everyone!

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
What the!? Random shiny Lavitar hatches!

Ok, so I decided to breed Lavitar with good IVs and with Pursuit, Stealth Rock, and Dragon Dance egg moves. After finally getting those eggs moves on it I decided to put it with one of my Japanese Dittos so I could get faster eggs and on the 5th egg! a shiny one hatches! He has a Jolly nature with Max IVs in HP, Atk and Speed! Which is pretty nice. It just crazy how it took me almost 1,600 eggs for shiny Eevee and then I get this randomly in 5 eggs but I guess that's just how shinies are sometimes lol.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

Congrats on Eevee and Larvitar! I've decided that my next 4 MM targets I'm going to alternate every 250 eggs or so, to keep things fresh. Hawlucha, Phantump, Scyther and a 4th mystery are next on my hitlist! Grats on all the recent shinies, and good luck all!

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I hate being right. :(

I ended up getting to 8500 encounters last night (well, early morning). I did some more earlier and after getting back from work this evening, I originally intended to do 500 encounters, but changed my mind and was going to to do 1000, but he shone in the encounter that took me to 445. Total number of Pokémon seen was 9945.

Shiny 'Dex
OT/ID No./Effect Spore
Naive nature

I have zero interest in Foongus or its evolution, so I'm planning on Wonder Trading him which I hope will be a nice surprise for whoever gets him. :)

First, however, I've switched to a Pidgey/Hoothoot Friend Safari. I want both of them so it's all good! I have done 200 encounters so far. I might alternate between the Friend Safari and Horde hunting on route 15 until I have I have Murkrow, Hoothoot and Pidgey shiny.

I've also uploaded the pictures of my Sawsbuck/Altaria encounters:
Shiny Sawsbuck!
Shiny 'Dex
OT/ID No./Chlorophyll
Naive nature

Shiny Altaria!
Shiny 'Dex
OT/ID No./Etc
Hasty nature

Congrats on new shinies. :) Good luck on all the hunts!

Sito

Shiny Breeder
I CANNOT BELEIVE IT!!
I was finishing hatching the rest of the Goomys, I had 1 box remaining, and when i started hatching them BAAM!!! another SHINY GOOMY!!! This one is male :D so I will be able to keep 1 and give the female one to my sister :D!!!!

MimiSkitty

Congrats everyone!

I am still chasing the Dratini! Gaah! But I am so horrible at chaining today! >_< I don't know why! I have been trying to get another Magikarp, just to pet it's fins. Seriously, you guys, pet your Magikarp's fins! It's hilarious and CUTE! But yeah, I am SUPER unlucky atm...

Hey all, grats on the recent shinies!

Well, the third slot in one of my FS opened up, so I decided to go into and see what the third shiny was. After a few encounters, I ran into a shny Pachirisu! Very cute shiny :). I just got two new FS, so I might play around in them a bit, then I'm going to go over to my White 2 version and hunt in there. I have also started hunting for a shiny Kabuto. Have 11 dome fossils, so it takes a bit to revive them all, lol. Good luck on all your hunts :).

MegaJonZero

Pokemon Master
Okay I know some of you are not going to believe me because even I think Im dreaming but holy **** I just caught a Shiny Mewtwo in my Soul Silver literally on the FIRST encounter with it!!!!!!!

I watched a few people catching Shiny Mewtwo on youtube and I was thinking that he does look cool but SR isnt really my thing. Ive done it once with Suicune years ago and it took sooo long and they ended up giving it out for free lol. Anyway I decided to at least see if I even caught Mewtwo in SS and it turns out that I didnt. I started preparing a team so I could properly battle Mewtwo in case I was lucky enough to geta shiny one so I traded Pokemon on my Platinum and took my masterball from that game just in case I needed it. I found him in the cave and saved in front of him with my jolly synchronizer abra in the lead and was talking to my girlfriend about what chinese food I want for dinner when the first Mewtwo to appear was green. I about crapped myself lol.

I still cant believe I caught one at all let alone on the first encounter. I can never complain about being unlucky again haha. Anyway the sync failed and its sassy but its cool. Anyway thanks for reading, ill try to post a picture if I can figure it out.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone! o:

I decided to drop my Shuppet MM and Espurr MM so i can conserve box space and hunt in the safari instead for them, putting my Tyrunt MM on pause as well right now because I cant seem to breed a 5IV female parent, will see if I can find someone to trade later. s:<
On the other hand, I decided to take up a Venipede MM challenge, just saw the shiny sprite for Scolipede and I fell in love with it at first sight, bright red and teal are my most favorite colors!

Scrufox86

Wow hi everyone. I have news. Well I have been MMing mostly because I have had a lot of failed pokeradar attempts since my two successful goes on route 7. And I have yet to find a shiny in the friend safari and the other night I spent just over 2 hours. I seem to be the only one who hasn't found a shiny in friend safari yet, my brother found one on first encounter in a steel friend safari.

Ok so I am hatching my one box of Goomy eggs not expecting much as I just did 6 random pokemon for one box each and then about half way through the box I hatch a shiny! I still have a box of Tyrunt eggs and just less than half of the Goomy box of eggs left to hatch. Wow so that means.... Community Hunt Complete X5!

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Ah wow I didnt see your post, MegaJonZero.
Congrats!
Thats AMAZING luck!