• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
So far no shiny Marowak... :( I'll keep on looking for it.

So about 2 hours after I hatched my shiny Honedge, or about 20 minutes in-game, I found a shiny Drifblim in a Friend Safari I was checking.

So now I have 4 shinies in Y, and they're ALL ghosts...

That has to mean something!

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Finally broke my Shiny dry spell with a shiny Poliwag. I know fish chained pokemon aren't much, but I was starting to forget the sound of a shiny appearing. Now gonna evolve it to a Poliwrath even though it is Calm with Damp.... I just like shiny Poliwrath more than Politoad. Now gonna try to go for a Shellder

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so guys funny thing i was searching for gale wing fletchfinder female since i wanted it in a luxuary ball with gale wings cuaz i noticed the female does dominate the male for passing down the ability 0_0 I keep getting straight 100% big pecks when I breed with the female with big pecks so I had to find a female with gale wings i ran into this little guy today while im a bit sick :( but it did cheer me my day up a bit ^_^ its my first random encounter in awhile since ruby and sapphire :p

Shiny Ponyta ^_^

Evie Snow

Congrats all on recent shinies!

Sadly I've not had much chance recently to hatch many eggs, uni work yay~ But I'm coming up to 400 eggs and no shine... I know it could be a while longer yet but I'm so impatient!

Shiny Ninetales just looks so perfect... Dunno how many people here nickname their Pokémonz but mine will be called Tyra. :)

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone! The FS looks like its being friendly to everyone, haha. :)
And goodluck to those still hunting!

Anyways, I just reached 87 eggs for my Zorua MM on my way to school. They hatch slower than Venipedes but still much faster compared to Eevees. xD

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Now gonna evolve it to a Poliwrath even though it is Calm with Damp....

well, Special-based Poliwrath is not impossible to make.

Anyway, I haven't do more MM-ing, but I did a couple more REs for Honedge. Still no shiny yet.
MM still sits at 550 eggs, hopefully I'll be lucky and get two more Shiny Honedge by the time I reached 700 eggs, so that I can have the entire line in shiny form :D

TheMaster327

Got FOUR shinies earlier (sure, they were fish chained). All because I needed a male Dratini. So first one came after a chain of 61 - a female Basculin. Now, I dislike female shinies, but caught it anyway, and continued to try to find a male one. Next one came a while later, after a chain of 56 - a male Poliwhirl! Caught that. Next took a long time to show up, but after a chain of 19 - another female Basculin. Caught it, and the final one took not too long afterwards after a 6 chain - a female Poliwhirl! But no male Basculin. So I gave up after that.

Decided to keep the Timid Basculin (IVs: 0, 1, 2 / 31 / 30, 31 / 23, 24 / 15, 16, 17 / 29, 30, 31) and the Timid male Poliwhirl (IVs: 3, 4 / 20, 21, 22 / 29 / 23, 24 / 0, 1, 2 / 18, 19). Gave the other Poliwhirl (Rash) to Storm in return for Charizardite Y. Still have the other female Basculin (Quirky). Will put that up on the GTS for an Yveltal...

In case you wanted to see MegaZard Y - http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/TheMaster327/media/Capture_20131125_zps9f4b2edb.mp4.html

Also, MegaZard X - http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20131125_22_zps922e8efa.jpg

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Wow I really like Chain fishing. Well sorta I mean i just got shiny Clawitzer #3 & #4 which actually means i have Community Hunt Complete X7 and X8

Also just now i finally got a shiny Relicanth. Now i am not too fond of Relicanth normally but the shiny version is alright and i was not going to let those two shinies above stop me from getting one it is weird they are uncommon yet seemed to appear so much more than Relicanth. Oh well i have it now and no way am i going to stay to try get a shiny Seadra.... got more chance getting a 2nd shiny Horsea lol. Well ok so i need a new location... hmm.. perhaps trying for a shiny Chinchou and hopefully not getting another Remoraid.

Ok well congratulations to new shinies and good luck to all.

Atomcrasher

<-- Favorite Shiny
Congrats to all the CF shinies and Yuuva for that awesome shiny Vulpix with drought!. Just a quick update on how my hunts are going, i'm currently continuing a hunt that began on black 2, Rotom!. The reason i never finished it was because of X and Y coming out, same reason i stopped hunting Latias (should really go back and do that hunt so i have both the eon duo as shinies, especially considering the possibility of both of them getting mega evos) :p Anyway i hatched 1920 eggs on black 2 and am currently up to 1140 eggs on X meaning that in total i have hatched 3060 eggs with no shiny Rotom. Its nice having a long hunt for a change, lately all my hunts have been under 1000 eggs which is nice but having a hunt go on for a while really makes you want it and makes the end result that much more special. Anyway good luck to everyone else on their hunts! :D

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Today has been strange! First, I was sending pokemon over wonder trade (Honedge in this case I believe) and I received an Yveltal -_- Who gives away their legendary pokemon for a random pokemon?

Anyways that's not all. Just now I was making trades with passersby, I was asking for Vivillon trades to try and collect the different forms. It was going well until one guy offers me a level 3 Fletchling which I was going to decline until I noticed something that I don't think my trade partner did... Part of the Flecthling was brown in colour instead of white - a shiny! I went ahead with the trade of my Vivillon and now I have another shiny pokemon :)

Armored Mewtwo

Unrepentant Pokefan
Pokemon Village. Shiny Ditto found and caught while I was collecting multiple natures for breeding. I was fairly successful, but I really didn't expect the shiny ditto. Too bad it had a mere hardy nature. Unfit for my breeding box. I wouldn't mind trading it off.

Growlie19

Shiny luck keeps pouring in for me! I was looking in a Fire Friend Safari when a yellow Larvesta appeared. I named her Amaterasu after the Japanese sun deity/wolf. She has a quirky nature and has a perfect HP and Speed stats with the Flame Body ability.

Here, take some of my luck, everyone! Good luck fellow hunters!

TheShinyMedicham

Grass Trainer
I just hatched my 10th Shiny, a Honedge! My first successful Masuda Method! I had five eggs in the party, then one hatched, took one step and another hatched, took one step and another hatched, took one step and another hatched - but it was Shiny! Then another hatched XD but I'm really happy, after 485 eggs.

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, I have started on my hunt for shiny Honedge, after seeing how cool it looks, so I got an Italian one and one from my game, and from what they have told me before it has to work, i already hatched 7 boxes, and now i will do 7 more till i get that shiny Honedge, was worried because i didnt though the Italian honedge was considered foreign.
Also got a shiny Trevenant from a trade :D
Good luck to everyone and get as many shinys as you can!

NightHaze12

JUST FOUND A SHINY GULPIN! I actually love the blue color so I was pleasantly surprised! It was actually my first time doin a horde battle so I was really freaked out when she showed up. Named her Voluptuous because there is nothing wrong with my girl having a huge appetite! I have no idea whether to continue on or keep hunting at this route becuz there is some awesome 6 gen pokemon like Pancham and Skiddo and there is Bunnelby so Ill have some fun saying "Shinv Diggersby Tho!" that I would love to use on my badge quest. Besides Im not in any rush to move to the other routes anytime soon seeing as I still need a magnet puller for honege and I need to go back to the starting routes to get a static pikachu for heioptile

So to Recap I have my Shiny Frogadier, Shiny Fetchinder and Shiny Gulpin-der xDDD

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
After four days of searching I finally found a shiny Quilladin! And it's got Bulletproof to boot!
Oh wait nvm, this audino that I'm training it on decided its ability is regenerator. Woot!
lulz.
Can't wait for it to evolve into a Chesnaught <3

EmpressMyuu

Don't have any new shiny news yet, but so far, I've gotten a shiny through a random horde encounter, chain fishing, and Friend Safari. (All of them were unintentional, but still.) That means that the only things left for me to try even though I'll keep looking for shinies through other methods, is PokeRadar chaining and Masuda Method.

I realized something about the three shinies I've found in the past few weeks too; they're all blue! Or, in my Kecleon's case, its main characteristic is that its stripe is blue instead of red. I thought I would go for Litleo as my first MM target on my Pokemon X game, but because of this, I thought it would be even more appropriate to try for Tyrunt first :D hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the inactivity as of late (gee, never said that before!), but I've been busy training some really great Pokémon and finding some awesome shiny Pokémon!

So, first off, as I was hunting for that darn shiny Bergmite, I encountered a shiny Snorunt in the same Friend Safari that I found my amazing shiny Cloyster in. Unfortunately, I traded it to a friend of mine. And what happens to it afterwards? HE EVOLVES IT INTO A SHINY FROSLASS.

*ahem* Anyway... I decided to go into another Friend Safari and search for a shiny Heracross (because shiny Mega Heracross would look amazing in battle). Did I find one? Nope, but I found an Illumis- I mean, a shiny Volbeat! And did I mention that it has perfect IV's in it's three best stats (Attack, Special Defense, and Speed)?! :D I won't use it competitively, because nobody uses Volbeat, but it's amazing!

After my success with finding Illumis- I mean, shiny Volbeat, I wanted to test my luck at shiny Bergmite again. This expedition yielded me yet another shiny Snorunt. This one, however, is a male, so it can't evolve into Froslass. >:3

The same friend that I traded my first shiny Snorunt to decided to help me try and find my long-sought shiny Bergmite. Of course, he finds one in his game and trades it to me for one of my IV bred Deinos. I can happily say that I am the owner of a shiny Bergmite named Belgazas now! ^.^
Why would I name it such a strange nickname, you may ask? Well, the bottom part of a shiny Bergmite is yellow as opposed to white. Being an Ice-type Pokémon with these color palettes, it sort of reminded me of Valak Mountain from my all-time favorite video game called Xenoblade Chronicles. In that particular area of the game, giant crystals can be found all over, and they glow a luminous and beautiful yellow at night, turning the snow the same color. At the bottom of the large mountain range, the second most powerful enemy in the entire game resides, named Blizzard Belgazas. This monster is a behemoth, a quadripedal monster that sort of (okay, not really) resembles Avalugg. Here are reference pictures:

whitey.jpg

Valak Mountain

Valak_night.png

Valak Mountain at night

Behemoth.jpg

Blizzard Belgazas

After his luck with the shiny Bergmite, he found another shiny Doduo in one of his Friend Safaris (he already had one). He is now the owner of two shiny Dodrio that he made married to each other... ._.

*ahem* And finally, my friend and I decided to hunt for a shiny Noibat in our Friend Safaris, and I found one! It's potential is outstanding with an IV spread of 20 - 23 / 24 - 26 / 31 / 27 - 29 / 17 - 19 / 31 and a Mild nature... I think this is the luckiest shiny I have captured!

So anyway, congratulations to all recent shiny encounters and captures, and best of luck to all who are currently hunting for shiny Pokémon and/or going to hunt soon!

TL;DR: I caught a shiny Snorunt and traded it. Then, I caught a shiny Volbeat, another shiny Snorunt, got a shiny Bergmite in a trade, and caught a shiny Noibat. Here are pictures:

Volbeat
Snorunt
Bergmite
Noibat

Cyberra

pain in the ***
x.x Look what I just found...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6058_zps9b656cea.jpg[/IMG139]

Found after a mere 637 REs. This is exactly what I'd gone to Giant Chasm looking for, but I'd expected it to take a lot longer than that! Now I have to figure out if I stay in the Chasm and RE some more, since everything else in here I can breed, or turn my attention to getting my very own shiny absol.

Will be using this guy when I breed my Japanese totodile and cyndaquil for their shiny forms. Just because I can.

EmpressMyuu

Hey everyone! Sorry for the inactivity as of late (gee, never said that before!), but I've been busy training some really great Pokémon and finding some awesome shiny Pokémon!

So, first off, as I was hunting for that darn shiny Bergmite, I encountered a shiny Snorunt in the same Friend Safari that I found my amazing shiny Cloyster in. Unfortunately, I traded it to a friend of mine. And what happens to it afterwards? HE EVOLVES IT INTO A SHINY FROSLASS.

*ahem* Anyway... I decided to go into another Friend Safari and search for a shiny Heracross (because shiny Mega Heracross would look amazing in battle). Did I find one? Nope, but I found an Illumis- I mean, a shiny Volbeat! And did I mention that it has perfect IV's in it's three best stats (Attack, Special Defense, and Speed)?! :D I won't use it competitively, because nobody uses Volbeat, but it's amazing!

After my success with finding Illumis- I mean, shiny Volbeat, I wanted to test my luck at shiny Bergmite again. This expedition yielded me yet another shiny Snorunt. This one, however, is a male, so it can't evolve into Froslass. >:3

The same friend that I traded my first shiny Snorunt to decided to help me try and find my long-sought shiny Bergmite. Of course, he finds one in his game and trades it to me for one of my IV bred Deinos. I can happily say that I am the owner of a shiny Bergmite named Belgazas now! ^.^
Why would I name it such a strange nickname, you may ask? Well, the bottom part of a shiny Bergmite is yellow as opposed to white. Being an Ice-type Pokémon with these color palettes, it sort of reminded me of Valak Mountain from my all-time favorite video game called Xenoblade Chronicles. In that particular area of the game, giant crystals can be found all over, and they glow a luminous and beautiful yellow at night, turning the snow the same color. At the bottom of the large mountain range, the second most powerful enemy in the entire game resides, named Blizzard Belgazas. This monster is a behemoth, a quadripedal monster that sort of (okay, not really) resembles Avalugg. Here are reference pictures:

whitey.jpg

Valak Mountain

Valak_night.png

Valak Mountain at night

Behemoth.jpg

Blizzard Belgazas

After his luck with the shiny Bergmite, he found another shiny Doduo in one of his Friend Safaris (he already had one). He is now the owner of two shiny Dodrio that he made married to each other... ._.

*ahem* And finally, my friend and I decided to hunt for a shiny Noibat in our Friend Safaris, and I found one! It's potential is outstanding with an IV spread of 20 - 23 / 24 - 26 / 31 / 27 - 29 / 17 - 19 / 31 and a Mild nature... I think this is the luckiest shiny I have captured!

So anyway, congratulations to all recent shiny encounters and captures, and best of luck to all who are currently hunting for shiny Pokémon and/or going to hunt soon!

TL;DR: I caught a shiny Snorunt and traded it. Then, I caught a shiny Volbeat, another shiny Snorunt, got a shiny Bergmite in a trade, and caught a shiny Noibat. Here are pictures:

Volbeat
Snorunt
Bergmite
Noibat

Wow, you racked up on shinies in a relatively short timeframe! Congrats. Love all of those Pokemon as shinies, and I'm particularly excited about going after shiny Bergmite and Noibat.