• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
They are hunts, where everyone can take part. Like now, current Community hunt is to find shiny 6th Generation pokemon.
I don't now very much, because I don't have X or Y yet...

Reb of Kalos

Addicted to pokemon
Ahaha, by complete chance, after only hatching 1 egg, I got a shiny spritzee. I was only hatching 1 to fill up my dex. Funny thing is, I didn't even know it was shiny until I looked at its summary, because I had never seen a spritzee before. Definitely an interesting way to encounter a shiny :p

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
Crap. I fell asleep and my 3DS ended up dying, and I hadn't saved for a while. It doesn't really matter though since I wasn't really doing anything and was just hatching eggs. All I lost was a few boxes of Larvitars so hey I guess I have more storage space now :D

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your recent shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! :)

I just reached exactly 330 eggs for my Zorua MM, I'll probably hit 400 or 500 tomorrow, hopefully will be done by then..
Doh, why is MMing for your favorite Pokemon always the hardest. >_<

Illerom

I have 3 shinies total. Two from pure luck, one from chaining. I got a shiny Electabuzz from chaining in Platinum, and encountered a shiny Ryhorn randomly in victory road on Platinum. Then right after I beat the elite four in Pokemon Y I was EV training and came across a shiny Taillow in a horde. You can imagine how excited I was :D I just love the feeling you get when you find a shiny, it's the best!

Taylor516

I started training my shiny Vulpix and she's now up to level 45, I'm at only 30 eggs in my new Dedenne MM hunt.... hopefully it doesn't drag on as long as my 5,000 eggs month long hunt for a shiny Vulpix.

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
I'm coming up on 600 eggs, slowly losing hope. This first time doing the MM has taught me that there is a very fine line between hoping something will happen, and expecting something to happen.

Atomcrasher

<-- Favorite Shiny
I'm coming up on 600 eggs, slowly losing hope. This first time doing the MM has taught me that there is a very fine line between hoping something will happen, and expecting something to happen.

Indeed :/ when i did my first MM hunt (around 2 and a half years ago) i expected to get a shiny in under 300 eggs, i ended up getting it at 2257 eggs, that hunt was a huge eye opener for me. It made me learn that you should never expect a shiny but rather hope that it comes, if you do expect a shiny by the end of the day for example then if you don't get it by that time then its a huge disappointment and you can end up not wanting to do the hunt. Honestly the best advice i can offer you is to not focus on hatching eggs that much when your hunting and keep on thinking about the reward that will come when you do get it. Anyway hope your luck changes soon :)

May as well throw in a quick update as well, up to 1485 eggs in 6th gen for Rotom and i'm also soft resetting for Latias in white 2 on the side. Good luck on everyone's hunts :)

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, and good luck to all those still hunting!

Up to about 900 eggs now on my search for the shiny Klefki (MM) but still no luck. :(

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to all those who have got shinies recently!

I'm currently RE'ing for a Surskit on Platinum, currently at about 1150 encounters! Since I'd had barely any luck with chaining (I only had a RE shiny Staravia appear, which whirlwinded away on the first turn), I thought I'd try something different! Though I'm thinking of chaining Sentret sometime soon, because Furret's shiny form is really pretty o:

Blackkyurem

Hey I'm BAACK! I sorta died off pokemon for the 2nd time, and I got Nintendo-Sick. I will start a BQ soon, soon.
Well, play Sousilver BQ, or Normal Soulsilver?

MYNISTA

In Christ
So I was just in a normal Friend Safari that has Audino in it, leveling up my shiny Rotom that I hatched last night right...up pops a Shiny Audino! Meet Chiptune! Above average stats, perfect IVs in attack & defense. I'm on fire! #Fresh!

[img300]http://31.media.tumblr.com/44fa275d65d11e80dfd9b0eb336970de/tumblr_mwxrvqorLt1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
WOW! I got super lucky last night. I found 2 freaking Braixens last night within 15mins of each other! One went to my bud who loves Fennekin line and I kept the other :3

And congrats to everyone and their recent Shinnies! And for those having bad luck/dry spell hope your luck changes soon!!! :D

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Doing a Masuda-method Shiny-Starter race with some friends; I decided to hunt for Chespin.

97 eggs later -
ezimba19697644949100.jpg

His name is Zéro, he has a Lax nature, and is Mischeivous. :D

WyvernTamer

My luck seems pretty bad right now.
Took a break from Hatching ralt's which is at 965 egg's now Almost a month. Did some chain fishing for like a whole day and still nothing ugh..
That especially got me down seeing how its really easy to find a shiny that way.

It feels as if im doing something wrong or not meeting a certain requirement :/

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
Approaching 700 eggs hatched, cautiously watching videos about the MM to make sure I'm doing it right, even though I know I am. Hopefully one will hatch soon...

EDIT: This is my first MM and I'm a bit paranoid, and this is probably a dumb question, but if both the pokes are holding items it doesn't matter right?

Last edited: