• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
You know...I see all these people saying that The friend safari is not a true way how to get shinies, it doesn't make you a true shiny hunter, and it's not rewarding.

But, almost all my shinies are from the friend safari. I mean, to me, it's rewarding, because I've never had shinies that I actually searched for before, but should I see myself as not a true shiny hunter because of that? I mean, I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but, this has really been bothering me.

In other news, I found a shiny Sliggoo yesterday.

She is not a lovely Goodra.

And...she is my 7th shiny female in a row. o-o
Of course not. Don't listen to those people. Shinies are still an awesome achievement to get even if the odds are increased. The only time I would say shinies aren't as special (to me this isn't an attempt to slander or insult) is when they are hacked or RNG'd.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Thanks, man. Congrats on the Pancham. I have question for you. Which route were you hunting in? I think you said earlier that you were hunting in route 5. Furfrou, Pancham, and Skiddo are all shinies I'm interested in so I may consider hunting there. :)

Thanks, and yea, I'm hunting in route 5. :]

You know...I see all these people saying that The friend safari is not a true way how to get shinies, it doesn't make you a true shiny hunter, and it's not rewarding.

But, almost all my shinies are from the friend safari. I mean, to me, it's rewarding, because I've never had shinies that I actually searched for before, but should I see myself as not a true shiny hunter because of that? I mean, I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but, this has really been bothering me.

Yea I'm not really a fan of the FS because its just way too easy to get shinies there, so I could see why people say its not rewarding, but I wouldn't say you're not a true shiny hunter. To me, if you take the time to actually find shinies and succeed, you're a shiny hunter, no matter the method(unless its hacking, ew). So, as long as you enjoy finding and catching shinies, whether its from FS or any other method, it really shouldn't matter what anyone thinks.

--------------

Well, I have now EV trained my Pancham and evolved it, and am back to REing on route 5 for Skiddo. This route has been really nice to me but I won't get too comfortable just yet since I might get stuck in a long hunt. Still going for Moltres too, I think its been a month (or atleast feels like it) since I have started, so I really hope it shines soon.

Good luck everyone! :]

Last edited:

Ajduk

Thanks, and yea, I'm hunting in route 5. :]

Yea I'm not really a fan of the FS because its just way too easy to get shinies there, so I could see why people say its not rewarding, but I wouldn't say you're not a true shiny hunter. To me, if you take the time to actually find shinies and succeed, you're a shiny hunter, no matter the method(unless its hacking, ew). So, as long as you enjoy finding and catching shinies, whether its from FS or any other method, it really shouldn't matter what anyone thinks.

--------------

Well, I have now EV trained my Pancham and evolved it, and am back to REing on route 5 for Skiddo. This route has been really nice to me but I won't get too comfortable just yet since I might get stuck in a long hunt. Still going for Moltres too, I think its been a month (or atleast feels like it) since I have started, so I really hope it shines soon.

Good luck everyone! :]

I've spent 3 hours on RE in FS and no shinies...it may be too easy but it is time consuming :/

Ajduk

Giving up on charmander.
Will breed and trade a flawless pokemon for it.
No point in continuing when I've got better things to breed.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I've spent 3 hours on RE in FS and no shinies...it may be too easy but it is time consuming :/

3 Hours? That's nothing, if I'm honest, but I shall not delve into that again.

I'm now at 21,000 SRs for Giratina, and this is taking a lot of time. Five months on Tuesday since I began the hunt, which is remarkable. As for Victory Road, I've ended up at 375 REs after the first day, which is pretty good.

I forgot to say so, but congratulations on the recent shinies!

Dangertrout

I see lots of new names lately, don't forget to check the rules in the OP =)

I think I'm going to work on a shiny Octillery. I need something with suction cups for chain fishing, and I think everything in my main team should sparkle :p

MDS777

The name's Riley
While Sp. Atk EV training my Pokemon, after around 50 horde encounters, I found my first ever horde shiny, Vanillite! It's Serious nature and I caught it with one Heal ball (lol matching ball). That's my 3rd shiny with a neutral nature with Delphox and Kangaskhan also with neutral natures. Glad I don't have any shinies with a hindering nature so far.
Pics:
zt8lY6o.jpg

bWDzv1B.jpg

I also normally use super training for EV training but considering I'm training 3 Pokemon with special attack EVs, I figured I'd use hordes for EV training to make it quicker.

Edit: IV judge says it has above average stats with its HP and SpA as its highest stats. Not bad.

Last edited:

MercyMe

Right, I am starting to get ****ed off with X now D:

First, I go to a Safari with 2 Pokemon, Lampent and Phantump, trying to get a Phantump. I get 2 Shiny Lampent before I get frustrated and leave.

Then, I Chain Fish, trying to get anything but a Horsea, getting a Shiny Horsea.

Then, I go Chain Fishing again, trying to get anything bar Luvdisc, but I get a Luvdisc.

Then, I go back to the Friend Safari, this time hunting for a Noibat. There were only 2 Pokemon in there, Noibat and Gabite, but, naturally, I get a Shiny Gabite.

Now, I was Sweet Scenting trying to get a Shiny Murkrow/Klefki, and NOT a Shiny Foongus. After, 470 Horde encounters, I get a ****ing Shiny Foongus - NOT HAPPY D:

Going to go back there and try and get anything but a Shiny Foongus again

First off, sorry for all of the bad luck BUT congrats on all the new shinies. (Even if you didn't want them) They're are all great catches, besides that Foongus. XD 470 isn't worth a Foongus.

Sydwinx said:

A shiny is still a shiny in my book. As long as you earned it fairly (No hacks) I could care less if you got it in under 10 REs, for example. Congrats on all of your shinies so far. :)

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
I have no idea how many horde battles I've done for Mareep, but this hunt is definitely over the odds. I hope it shines soon, I have a team I need to breed! D:

MercyMe

I know I said I was going to put a hold on shiny hunting for a bit and concentrate on my Pokedex, but I just can't help it. I'm already getting a Vulpix MM ready. If all goes well I hope to have a Modest female with its hidden ability drought, along with a couple of egg moves I plan on breeding in beforehand. Wish me luck!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Oh so annoyed. I got yet another trade request for a shiny even though my signature clearly states I don't want to trade yet. Does this annoy anyone else?

Dimz

Does anyone have a shiny carbink to trade have shinies stones items

MercyMe

Oh so annoyed. I got yet another trade request for a shiny even though my signature clearly states I don't want to trade yet. Does this annoy anyone else?

How can you miss the CAPS, bold print, and enlarged text in your signature? I can see how you would get annoyed.

Dangertrout

How can you miss the CAPS, bold print, and enlarged text in your signature? I can see how you would get annoyed.

Some people have it set to not display signatures, so if they happened to see his post in the shiny thread about obtaining it I could see how that would happen.
Other people are just hopeful that they have something that might sway the other to trade despite the sig

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny

Actually I just changed that after the offer was made. Either way it was obvious.
He wasn't even a user yet. He was still waiting for his email confirmation.