• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Up to 5640 SR for Torchic now.. No luckiness from that shiny uncatchable Poochyena..

Hoping to get all of the Hoenn Starter Trio as shiny again to do a shiny playthrough

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck everyone :)

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
My fire safari shiny came to me, finally! It was Ponyta and not Charmeleon like I wanted, but who cares, I'm happy I can finally move on to another shiny hunt. Perhaps RE in Victory Road. Druddigon or Zwellious would be awesome shinies to get.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your new shinies! Seeing some luck with Latias and Friend Safari.
Maybe I'll SR for a shiny Latias/Latios later too, hmmm, the shinies form are really pretty. @u@

Anyways... I just reached 270 eggs for my Vulpix MM and all 9 of my empty boxes are filled, gonna release and keep breeding again...

Artnerd

Insane Artist
You guys keep saying the pokemon for MM has to be from another region/country but that is not true any more in Gen6 The language has to be different.
Someone from Japan or France could be playing the game in English and it would fail for MM. My neighbour could be playing in German while I play in English, we'd both have the same region registered in the game but it would work for MM.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY LUCK RIGHT NOW

So last night I decided to go back to my MM hunt for a shiny Furfrou, and guess what? I got in from the very 2nd egg of the night. And only 366 eggs since the last one. Dayum.

Shame it's the 3rd female in a row *facepalm* will I ever get my male back Furfrou...? :( :( I think I'm gonna trade this in the GTS too and get another legend (I'm collecting Vivillons).
Nevermind, I thought, let's give it a manecut anyway and take a couple battle pics . So I get out of Luminose and head in the grass...

But at the fist encounter, what happens????????

:D :D :D RANDOM SHINY COMBEE!!!!!! :D :D :D

Even though it's male and thus unevolvable (the shiny genders in this game seem to hate me), I'm so damn happy. I've been bouncing around the room for half an hour when I found it.
My first random shiny of this gen!!! Yay.

It's soooo cute, I love those three little smiley faces in that badass dark orange <3333

Pics of everyone:

Furfrou

ihbr.jpg

xyed.jpg

e1bu.jpg

bvoe.jpg

2 shinies in one day. Actually, within the same 10 minutes! :O Now this is something you don't see often... both the wild and the trainer's pokemon are shiny. I shall cherish this pic *u*
5nhy.jpg

Combee

rzgy.jpg

Shiny dex!
0uii.jpg

xlkc.jpg

2in3.jpg

7bxs.jpg

Here I flew to the castle city and changed his name, because I came up with something much better than "Goldrops" XD
0jw8.jpg

3yib.jpg

The date is wrong 'cause I fiddled with it a little in the 3ds settings because of the merch rotation of the clothes shops.
I was cursing to myself 'cause now the date on my shiny Combee's info screen is wrong, but then I realized that if I did remember to set it right again I wouldn't have found it at all XD

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
You guys keep saying the pokemon for MM has to be from another region/country but that is not true any more in Gen6 The language has to be different.
Someone from Japan or France could be playing the game in English and it would fail for MM. My neighbour could be playing in German while I play in English, we'd both have the same region registered in the game but it would work for MM.

That's because for the first time, the games come with language options in the games themselves, so every "Region" is being given the exact same game, and we're given the choice of whether or not to play in a certain language.

So yes, for Gen 6 saying it has to be a Pokemon from a different region/country would be incorrect to a degree(because as you say, someone in Germany could be playing their game in English). When i say it's incorrect to a degree, is purely because it still does need to be from a different region/country's language.

But this generation such discussion is moot, as you can tell whether or not your Pokemon is from a foreign language file anyway, thanks to the little icon at the top of the summary screen. :)

Last edited:

CuteSylveon

Due to a big mishap on my part; I don't have any 6th generation Pokémon games anymore so I won't be able to hunt on them for quite some time (as I have to buy the games again and need a new 3DS)...I still have my Pokémon White version though (the version I have my shiny Venipede I got a few weeks back), Platinum and my Japanese Black 2....until I get a new 3DS and get X/Y again i'll be stuck shiny hunting on those which is just great...not >.>''

Right now i'm trying for Charmander on my Pokémon White version and I have hatched 600 eggs so far, but I won't give up as I've wanted one for quite a while now...hope I get him soon...

Congratulations on all shinys since I last posted, and if you're hunting; good luck! :3

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Atomcrasher on Rotom and Latias, shiny_arceus on Kyrurem, kirteastment on Fletchling, Keane on Sentret, Draknir on both Torchic's (lucky!), Laurelai on Spritzee, LatiasMaster13 on Latias, Flying Ludo on Furfrou and Combee, and everyone else!

Well it seems like my luck is starting to cool down, which I don't mind at all. I just hope Skiddo doesn't give me too much trouble though. Moltres is still being stubborn, but then again, I haven't really put that much effort into it so it makes sense but I will get it eventually!

Good luck everyone!

Lol! Shiny Skiddo!!

This took around 2k encounters and it has a Rash nature which is not that great but I don't care! I'm done with this route and can move onto my next target, Pumpkaboo! I will be REing for one on Route 16, although I wouldn't mind a Murkrow on that route either since I lost one in the Safari Zone.

Last edited:
I found another shiny Noibat last night! Unlike my previous one, this shiny Noibat is really just okay, with a Gentle nature, perfect IV's in Attack and Speed, and "above average" potential.

I've been trying to hunt for new shiny Pokémon, but all I seem to get are repeats of Pokémon that I already have as shinies. This, of course, is never a bad thing, but searching for a shiny Ponyta and only yielding shiny Braixen can wear thin at some point. I'll try to search for some new Friend Safaris to hunt in.

Also, I think it might be time that I made a shiny card, because I have reached the text limit on my signature, so I can't update it any further.

In any event, congratulations to all recent shiny encounters, and good luck to all who are still hunting!

Anneuh

I've been hatching good IV'd shinies pretty succesfully with male foreing 5iv pokemon. But this Bulbasaur has already taken over 1200 eggs. The Squirtle im using as breeding partner is nearly level 100 from the daycare :<.

kayteemae

Hit To Key
Just started hatching the first of 3 boxes of Dratini eggs. Got my fingers crossed there's a shiny in these 90 eggs somewhere! If not, back to storing and hatching more!

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
Congrats to all the AMAZING shiny hunters!

I am on cloud nine here! Just chained my second shiny pokemon, Plusle, via pokeradar! (1st was Skidoo)
I'm finally getting the hang of this! I must admit, though, that I'm a bit disappointed about shiny plusle's barely different colour palette...anyway, at least
I now know how to chain properly. :)

(ps. I still cannot recommend 'the rule of four' (going to a shaking patch that is a least four patches away from one) enough! Its always seems to work for me!)

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Thnx Supremacy, and grats to you too, that Skiddo looks so great C:
Also good luck to all the other hunters.

Hmm gonna do Shiny Bulbasaur tonight. Hopefully it shouldn't take me more than a couple hours :)

HOURS?! What method are you using? :-O

wingman32x

Finally got on the board in the Friend Safari just now. I was training a Marowak just for the heck of it in a fire safari, and about an hour and a half later a shiny Charmeleon pops up! He was pretty stubborn, but I was able to catch him after a Brick Break from Marowak which did way too much damage and scared the crap out of me. Thank god it wasn't a critical hit, as it would have surely KO'd him.

It's an Impish nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk). I don't know much about natures and what's beneficial or not, but just by looking at the stats screen I can tell it's not good. Judge says it's perfect in HP and Speed.

One major win is that it has Solar Power as its ability. Starters with HA's are always fun to get.

So yeah, I finally got one in the FS. I would have preferred a Ninetails, which was in that safari, but this is awesome, too.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Currently SR for a shiny Regice in B2. I'm over 5000 SR.
Starting to think its shiny locked, because I needed to swap keys (B2 gives Registeel)

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Just found a shiny Emolga O_O Wanted Helioptile though, a shiny is a shiny ;p

It has it's HA: Motor Boat, With Mild nature (Spatk+ Def-) It has 31 Special Attack & Defense IV's. Which is sad for the Defense. I caught it with an critical capture on the first turn with a luxury ball ;3. It's my 32th X & Y shiny,

MDS777

The name's Riley
Just shy of 1500 eggs, Spritzee shined for me :D Not the best IVs, but that's ok :) I got my purple puff of perfume!
Yay! Congrats. :)

Last night I began my Shuppet MM hunt. Took a while getting the egg moves that I wanted, so I'm only around 70 eggs hatched, which is nothing. :p

ZzzonkedTyguy

Legend of Blackthorn
So I decided to put my Bagon MM hunt on hold for a bit after about 500 eggs. The good news is that after some time in the friend safari, I was finally able to find my first pair of shinies in X and Y: Wartortle and Magmar! I found both after about 2 hours of searching. Both have been super trained and I can't wait to use them in battle :) Next hunt will most likely be for a shiny eevee as I'd really like an umbreon with those amazing blue rings.

Congrats on all of your recent shinies everyone!

PokeAmi

Shiny Chansey! :D
Got her in the Friend-Safari. Seems my bad Shiny luck there is starting to turn! What's more great that's she has Hidden ability and got impish nature, which I think is a good nature for it.
*still wish that's Chansey shiny form was purple though, but shiny is a shiny!*

Congratz and Good luck with the Shinies :)