• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShadowRadon

Shiny Hunter
SHINY GIRATINA
On Diamond
My dream shiny, my favourite shiny of all time shined after less than 100 SRS!
I am in complete shock
*Its So BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLL*

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Starting to collect Eggs for my 1st, proper, MM Hunt!

I have done MM before, but got annoyed and just quit, but I am going to stay for as long as it takes for this one!

I have collected 90 eggs as of yet, for my SECRET HUNT!

I will post again when it hatches!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to ShinyMisty on Chinchou, PrinceB on Mawile, SazandoraIsAwesome on Haunter, Martinzqx on Froakie, LatiasMaster13 on Eevee, jrmftw on Pancham and Graveler, Marvs on Charmeleon, Charoshi on Snorunt, Xaby on Eevee, Bluemiracle on Eevee, wingman32x on Volbeat, GoldenHouou on Roselia, Calvin Cool on Growlithe, Pokepro1992 on Abra, ShadowRadon on Giratina, and anyone I missed!

Also, sorry about Torchic, Ceecee. That really sucks, I hope you reclaim it soon.

-----------------

Well after roughly 1800 encounters my second pair of shiny keys pop out!

This one is female unlike my first one, and has an Adamant nature which I don't think is really that great for Klefki but oh well. I'm gonna keep hunting here for Pumpkaboo though, hopefully it shines next.

Good luck everyone! :]

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
Congrats on everyone's success!!! It's great to know that some people are having a good time!

.....I on the other hand........have had the WORST 2 days of shiny hunts in my life!
3 pokeradar chains in their 30s broke when I lost my concentration for just a second! Also I tried to
chain a magikarp, which I've done before, but after 191 hooks I messed up and had NOT A SINGLE
shiny pokemon for all the labour.....
The cherry on the top, though, has to be what just happened to me this evening. I got to a chain of 40
on Illumise, a shiny that I have ALWAYS wanted. I was THRILLED! but then, to my absolute disgust, I got the
"oh, there doesn't seem to be a pokemon here" message! O^O

STILL.....I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP! I will try a last time this evening and tell you all if I managed to conquer or not.

Good luck to every one!

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
trying to hunt for a shiny Kirlia, I want a Gardevior for my team ;-p Sad thing is I keep bumping into Jigglypuff & Floette. Hope they won't shine ;x

Arkygi

Yaaay! I got my shiny Charmander!!!
But he's like, the worst stats possible... With a 5 perfect IVs, outstanding mother and a 3 perfect IVs relatively superior father, my Charmander has decent potencial and just 2 perfect IVs in the stats that matter the least...
Anyway, I still have about 30 eggs to hatch, I hope to get a better one but I don't think so, unless I breed more but I don't know if I will, perhaps...

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
ran into a croagunk half way through my Illumise chain.....can't.....do.....this.....any......more

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
I cannot believe this but after 11 days of SR'ing my BQ#1 chespin shone!!

It's a bashful nature but I don't care because it is so beautiful!!
I'm going to nickname Miles when I reach Camphrier town or whatever it is called.
My next target is going to be another SR but for a charmander :)
Congratz on all recent shinies and to all of you still hunting I wish you the best of luck
*May the shine be with you*

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
As I previously said, I will keep you guys updated, whether you want to hear it or not!

Done 90 MM Eggs for my Secret Target! Gonna aim for 30 more today!

VM me to guess what it is, and if someone gets it, I'll post it here!

Well I got the friend safari of someone who has togepi, spritzee and flabébé in hers. Since I'm already MM'ing for a shiny Spritzee I decided to try in the friend safari for one.
Instead I got a shiny Togepi after just 163 encounters. I barely noticed it though since it's only a small change in its color.

So yeah, I'll continue trying to get a shiny Spritzee ^^

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
I am nearing 250 eggs on my MM hunt for Mienfoo and no sparkles and shines in sight yet. I hope it won't take too long... Meanwhile got some nice shinies over trade, and gonna try FS again in hopes of finding shiny Braixen (amazingly, I still haven't found a single FS shiny o_O).

Congrats on everyone who had success...and for everyone who didn't: Good luck and keep going =D

Dangertrout

As I previously said, I will keep you guys updated, whether you want to hear it or not!

Done 90 MM Eggs for my Secret Target! Gonna aim for 30 more today!

VM me to guess what it is, and if someone gets it, I'll post it here!

good luck! just remember to keep it to ONE update per page please =)

I'm also side hunting the Johto Starters in my Soul Silver! I too am hoping to get Totodile (I've always loved the little guy :3). Anyway, I wish you good luck! Hopefully we both get a little Blue-Spiked gator soon! :)

Why thank you :). Good luck to you as well! Same here, hopefully Totodile decides to be nice to us :).

So, I decided to do a little bit more hunting on my Y version before taking a break and hunting on my HG version. Currently looking for a shiny Mareep via horde hunting. Made it to about 4400 Mareeps encountered(not sure how many hordes that is). Now that I also have access to my old DS, I'll probably start hunting on both systems. Happy hunting everyone :).

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! :)

So I've reached 645 eggs for my Vulpix MM last night, I'll continue later when school is over, I really dont have MM luck on weekdays. xD

Did some FS encounters this morning instead of the usual MM and lo and behold! A shiny Sliggoo! She has Gooey and Sassy nature, I have no idea if thats good or not but I dont think its the worst because of Sliggoo's already low speed stat.
Have IVs in HP and Sp. Attack. So is this one usable or is it just a trophy? s:

Havent gotten a FS shiny in days now, this is a great motivation.

Last edited:

MorganNAL

Catch Em' All
Completed my Kalos Pokedex Minus the Bird Trio. Starting up my MM Riolu from 300 using Everything you can use (Oval Charm, Flame Body, and Hatching O-Power) Hope I can pull this off efficiently. Wish me luck.

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
Alright well courtesy of Mercy, I'm going to restart my hunt! I hope Larvitar shines for me soon.

MercyMe

Took a break from MMing today so I'm going to have to pick up the slack tonight (200 Vulpix eggs and 150 Tyrunt eggs before bed). I feel like I'm going way to slow compared to others...

Explored the friend safari for a couple hours and came up dry. :( I know that this is just a theory but I've been tipping 1000s ever since I've heard about the rumor. Even if it isn't true I don't really mind tipping so much. I have way too much money then I know what to do with.

On another note I've scored big time on wonder trade these pass couple days. I love receiving all the foreign 3/4/5IV pokes.

Congrats on all the new shines everyone! They keep me inspired! :)

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Well I've been MM for a shiny honedge for a few days now and still no luck. Pretty sure ive hatched over 250 so far.
I now have a whole box full of 5iv honedges and have got loads of poke miles from wonder trading the rest. Really hope honedge shines soon since I have a small list of pokemon I want to iv breed (already have a full box of iv bred/ev trained pokemon lol)

Ill update if I get my honedge and good luck to everyone else who's shiny hunting :)

Also I think when I get honedge I might try and do the community hunt :D

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yay! After only 1058 encounters a cute little shiny male Espurr appeared in the friend safari, completing my Pokemon Y shiny badge quest. ^_^

Shiny Espurr!

I decided to hunt in the FS as I'd just unlocked it after beating the E4, so it seemed kind of fitting to have my final hunt there (and I couldn't think of anywhere else I really wanted to hunt...) Sadly my synchroniser failed and he doesn't have his hidden ability, but he's a cute shiny, and that purrfectly good enough for me.

I'll probably go back to hunting in some of my older games at some point in the near future. I need to continue with my Heart Gold badge quest (I'm at 9600 encounters). But sadly I won't be able to finish my Ruby BQ as the internal battery died recently...

Good luck everyone. Congrats on new shinies.