• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

MorganNAL

Catch Em' All
I stumbled across a Shiny Dunsparce in about 10 REs in Friend Safari while I took a break from MM for a Riolu. Failed to catch it due to it using take down after a false swipe...It's my 3rd shiny I've seen in this game. A bit depressed since I yet have no shiny Riolu so I'm going to set down the 3DS for a bit.
I'm not giving up and by hatching 450 Riolus so far, means that I'm 450 closer to my desired Shiny :3 Congrats to all of those who found shinies and good luck to all those who are looking still. Any luck on Legendaries?

Rsr57

Two weeks ago i started MM for a shiny bergmite but i got bored after 513 eggs and start doing something else.

Today, while trying to get a 5 IVed Larvitar, with a japanese one(to make eggs quickier, i was not pretending MM) i got a shiny jolly one with 3 ivs(hp, defense, speed). I wasn´t counting the eggs but i probably hatched less than 40. I always get my shinies when i am not looking for them haha.

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
Two weeks ago i started MM for a shiny bergmite but i got bored after 513 eggs and start doing something else.

Today, while trying to get a 5 IVed Larvitar, with a japanese one(to make eggs quickier, i was not pretending MM) i got a shiny jolly one with 3 ivs(hp, defense, speed). I wasn´t counting the eggs but i probably hatched less than 40. I always get my shinies when i am not looking for them haha.

Nice! I'd be willing to bet Fruitt probably wants to hit you in the head with a shovel at this point, but congrats!! haha jkjk

Wahoo!! I took a break from my SR Charmander hunt on my BQ and went and did a little chain fishing with the old rod and came out with this...

VERY pleased as I'm trying to build a shiny team that can still be quite decent in-game.
If anyone has any ideas for a nickname please PM me as I would love to nickname her but have no clue as to what to call her.
I'm going to evolve her then continue SR'ing for my BQ#3 Charmander :)
Congratz on all recent shinies and to to those still hunting...
*May the shine be with you*

DID I MISS YOU GET YOUR CHESPIN!?!??!!!!

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
5,000 SRs for no shiny Amaura... and I thought since the odds are lowered its gonna be much easier ..

Shiny hunting is unpredictable... Im just grateful it isnt my Froakie hunt that goes forever...

:C

Shiny Lord

So I have access to Wifi for a bit and added random people's friend safari's. Within 15 mins I found a shiny Delibird! These are the stats

#225 Delibird [Naive]
IVs: 30, 31 / 31 / 30, 31 / 14, 15, 16 / 4, 5, 6 / 20 - 23
Stats at Lv.30: 76|0 / 47|0 / 41|0 / 48|0 / 29|0 / 61|0

My Friend Code is 0645-6436-0548. PM me if you add me.

Last edited:

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Wahoo!! I took a break from my SR Charmander hunt on my BQ and went and did a little chain fishing with the old rod and came out with this...

VERY pleased as I'm trying to build a shiny team that can still be quite decent in-game.
If anyone has any ideas for a nickname please PM me as I would love to nickname her but have no clue as to what to call her.
I'm going to evolve her then continue SR'ing for my BQ#3 Charmander :)
Congratz on all recent shinies and to to those still hunting...
*May the shine be with you*

I want to start with blanket congratulations for everyone's shiny successes. This being the busiest time of the yesr for retail, I've barely had time to hunt, yet alone peruse the forum.

So I started a Badge Quest on Y, and since my last hunt was a MM fennekin on x, I couldn't stand the thought of SRing a starter, so I decided I'd skip the first gym and make it up after. Thus after gym 1 I caught Alpha the gulpin and bred Beta the brown chespin. After gym 2 I figured i would horde hunt and caught Gamma the hoppip. Then in the last hour I found Delta the nidoran male and not 15 minutes later I'm currently trying to catch Epsilon the roggenrolla. I planned to not really chain fish because it sas too easy, but this may now become a double hunt for 2 every badge at this rate.

Anyone else ever have the problem of too many shinies in a badge quest?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on all the latest shinies!

Well, my BQ is officially back in business! I've added the 4th member to my team - Shiny Dwebble after 10,875 REs!

I was watching a movie (just like I was when I caught Venipede, lol) and was just kind of going through the motions, not really expecting anything to shine. Then after a while, I looked down just as a slightly darker Dwebble came on my screen! I thought, "Could that really be a shiny?" and sure enough, the sparkles happened! Thankfully she didn't put up any resistance - caught her in the first Ultra Ball. I named her Peridot for the coloring she'll have as a Crustle, and she's Quirky and "strong willed." It's too bad I didn't end up with the Sigilyph I was hoping for, but tbh, I'm just relieved this long hunt is over, and Dwebble is sure coming in handy against all those darned Emolgas in Elesa's Gym... :p

So after I snag my fourth badge, I'll be hunting on Route 5 for my 5th BQ shiny (coincidence?). Really hoping for either a Minccino or a second chance at a Liepard (wanted Purrloin way back when in the Dreamyard, but ended up getting Patrat). I might also hunt for Sigilyph on X or Y now since I missed it on White, but we'll see. Also resumed my Latias hunt on SoulSilver - just been doing a few SRs here and there whenever I get a few free minutes (not counting my encounters, which I find to be a bit less frustrating rather than seeing my total continuing to go up, lol).

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Soooooo I decided to completly take Supremacy's idea and go for every Kalos shiny. except gonna be only one from each family cause I have Dragalge and Diggersby and I found them at fully evolved form, I dont want to have to get another one. Sooooo probs gonna start with either FS for starters or chaining in Santalune Forest for Scatterbug or Fletchling.

Oh cool, nice to see other people doing this. Good luck! :]

--------

Well, I have somewhat gotten over my disappointment from getting another shiny Foongus but seriously, whyyy?? Pumpkaboo is the most common in this route, yet the 'rare' Klefki, then the 'uncommon' Foongus shines before it does. :[ I'm starting to think Pumpkaboo just doesn't like me, lol. But I'm now onto phase 3 in this route, Pumpkaboo better shine next!

inb4shinyphantump

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Gen 6 shiny get! 638 eggs, and I've hatched myself a Brave shiny Honedge!

[IMG139]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/gustavo1495/Shinies/Snapshot_20131207_zpse377f509.jpg[/IMG139]

Male, and despite the perfect parents for a Honedge, it only got perfect Attack and Sp. Def, but the rest hardly matter when he's in Blade Forme. Upon closer inspection, IV's are 4/31/10/6/31/28. Of course I'd get nearly perfect speed on the one who wants a 0 in it, and a 6 in the SpA he would like perfect. :p Guess that means I'll be outspeed all other Brave Aegislash in a Shadow Sneak duel, so joke's on them, right (assuming we're both in Blade form)? But honestly, I can't wait to use this in competitive battling with the rest of them. Just means that he might not go mixed like I was hoping for, but I love the Honedge line, so none of that will ever matter.

Can't believe it decided to cooperate so well like that, unlike Torchic so I'm very pleased with this. I still have a few more boxes to hatch, so I'll be awhile before I can train him up. Looks like I'll be returning to Kyurem hunting much earlier than I thought. Except not, because I need to study for finals in about a week.

Last edited:

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
Well I was MMing for another shiny Ralts and I decided to take a break and check on the GTS and I found a female shiny Ralts being offered for a flechling. luckily I was able to get it. Its Modest nature and has max HP

L-Knight

The Mega Blastoise
My mild shiny pumpkaboo it took 1 no shiny then it appeared in friend safari with HA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

wingman32x

My MM hunt is over! On egg number ~443, my shiny Froakie decided to show itself. I was 7 eggs away from having to collect another 150 eggs. Glad that I don't have to.

It's a male, Naive nature, with the ability Protean. Judge says it has relatively superior potential, with perfect HP and Defense stats. It's ball is a net ball.

I'm bummed that it doesn't have a perfect speed IV. Both parents have that stat maxed. That's just part of the game, I suppose. Still very happy to have my shiny Froakie, though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*whoops*

Shiny absol, after 1,284 eggs!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6065_zpsb2e5ea9c.jpg[/IMG139]

She's Hasty, with Super Luck. And she's gorgeous ^_^ Now I can start breeding for shiny Onix, once I finish with the rest of the absol eggs

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
So I thought I'd update with a new shiny that I got this afternoon. I haven't had a lot of time to hunt recently with finals coming up (only two more weeks until relaxation!!!). I happened to find some free time this weekend to MM for a Shiny Oddish, as my friend asked me to get him one so he could give it to his little brother for Christmas. I said that I would, since I have no real active hunts going on, besides SRing on SoulSilver to start my Badge Quest. He wanted it to be Modest, have Max IVs in Sp. Atk, and have Teeter Dance as a bonus, which was no issue except for the fact that finding someone with a Cacturne was a bit of a pain. After only about 2 hours of gathering and hatching eggs, this girl showed up.

I guess you could say that her appearance so early was kinda Odd-ish (Sorry for the meh quality and the terrible pun)

She ended up even better than I had originally intended, as she ended up with Max IVs in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed. I wish everyone the best of luck on their hunts and hope they shine for you soon.

ShadowRadon

Shiny Hunter
Wow...
After only 97 REs in my soulsilver
SHINY PSYDUCK!!!
in this soulsilver I haven't had a single hunt that goes over 100 REs/SRs

Charoshi

Charmander is best
So, I couldn't figure out what shiny to hunt, and I asked my girlfriend to pick one. She wanted me to find a cute one, and suggested I find a Clefairy.

Low and behold, three encounters in, and bam! Shiny Clefairy!! I was getting lucky all over the place tonight. xD

I'm pretty happy. Finding it in only three encounters was great!!:D

Edit:
Here's a picture of my beautiful green-eared Clefairy! :)

[img139]http://imageshack.us/a/img163/1005/pbmk.jpg[/img139]

She's absolutely beautiful. If my girlfriend played Pokemon I'd give her it, but she doesn't so I'll claim my reward myself.

Shiny #13 in X. I'm very happy right now.

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Currently going for all Kirlia synchronizers. 6 more natures and I'm done. After that, I'll be breeding a shiny hunting gallade. Gallade is like a smeargle O_O

Gallade is gonna be adamant, hoping to have 5IV's. 252 Attack + 252 HP.

With the attacks:
- Heal Pulse (No need hurting yourself!)
- Hypnosis (Let the sleep begin!)
- False swipe (Time to nearly faint, bro!)
- Mean look (YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME!!)

This Gallade should be perfect for every shiny hunt in game. :p

Regarding my hunts, I'm kinda hoping for a shiny male kirlia =P Currently 39 X/Y Shinies.