• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

YES. THIS JUST HAPPENED.

Finally, after four shiny Pidgeys, I went into a Fairy-type Safari and found this little one!

Of course, however, my Gardevoir's Synchronize did not pull through, so she has a Naughty nature.

Not only that, but her IV spread is 26-28 / 31 / 31 / 0-3 / 0 / 31.

And she has her hidden ability of Symbiosis.

Still, I am in love with this new shiny! EEEE!!!! <3

EDIT: WOOHOO! Just caught another one! This one has a Careful nature with it's Flower Veil ability and an IV spread of 9-11 / 17-19 / 23-25 / 31 / 8-10 / 31. She's a keeper! ^^

EDIT #2: Just captured a shiny Snubbull! With a Modest nature (NOW my Gardevoir's Synchronize pulls through!) and an IV spread of 0 - 3 / 14 - 16 / 0 - 3 / 4 - 6 / 31 / 31, it won't be my first choice for a competitive Pokémon, but it's a shiny! ^^

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Whirlwind doesn't work on higher levels either (just tried it) and same goes for Dragon Tail most likely.

I can confirm that being a higher level than a Dragon Tail user will damage your pokemon but not throw it out of battle. I was using a lvl 66 bisharp to hunt dragons in Victory Road and the shiny used Dragon Tail on me twice. I still caught her.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Watching that Kirlia teleport was hard but I just gotta move on....Good luck to everyone on their shiny hunts. Don't make the same stupid mistake that I made while I was hunting for Kirlia....I'm gonna get a good nights rest and hunt some more hoping one re-appears.....

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Hatched a total of 750 lickitungs and had filled up all my boxes so time to do some releasing! I think I'll take a break from lickitungs and try mm'ing a heatmor instead. Hopefully Ill get some luck with this one!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
YES. THIS JUST HAPPENED.

Finally, after four shiny Pidgeys, I went into a Fairy-type Safari and found this little one!

Of course, however, my Gardevoir's Synchronize did not pull through, so she has a Naughty nature.

Not only that, but her IV spread is 26-28 / 31 / 31 / 0-3 / 0 / 31.

And she has her hidden ability of Symbiosis.

Still, I am in love with this new shiny! EEEE!!!! <3

omg that shiny is like awesome 0_0 i can't wait to mm my shiny :3 i may try to get one i the safari one time ^_^ still a bit frail on killing my shiny snubbull by accident with a crit but im sure it will happen again congrats on your new fairy shiny :3

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz on all the recent shinies, and a special gratz to KittyKitty on the baby girl <3!

Whats the best way to MM? What I typically do for breeding is fill my party with 5 go up and down route 7 till they hatch then start again right now im MMing and IV breeding iv got a 5V Eevee im using and a 3V Jp Eevee and im using the same method only im going to get the IV's checked each time (Im going for two Eevee a Shiny Eevee and a Shiny Umbreon) so far iv only hatched about 20 eggs before I started MMing however while I was getting the 5V Eevee I got a Shiny Eevee lol however its characteristic is not to my liking and it's IV's arn't either (im still keeping it however it's my first Shiny Eevee ever)

So is there a faster way?

I don't think there's a 'best' way to MM, it just comes down to what method you're most comfortable with. You can use hatching powers and get the oval charm to speed things up a bit, but that's about it.

-----------------

I have already done 2k+ encounters for phase 3 of hunting in route 16 and no Pumpkaboo yet but I'm not giving up! I've also thought about what to hunt on my other DS since I got Moltres, and I noticed that I have Abra, Seedot, Wurmple, Rhyhorn, and Bellsprout in my White Forest which are some pretty good options. So I'll be hunting here and hoping for anything other than Seedot since I MM'd one before.

Thanks for the gratz on Moltres and good luck everyone. :]

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Congrats to all of you who have found shines and good luck to all of those still searching!! :)

Really decided to do a number on this BQ I've barely worked on. I spent most of my day head butting trees while my gf was studying for her exam tomorrow. Did around 5 hours total I think. I have no idea how many encounters I have on this total. It's been sporadic throughout the year. I'm over 5k I think. Between 4 and 5 for sure.

It would just be nice if something, Heracross preferred, shone so I could move on for my next goal, which would be to SR for Eevee! :)

Seeing as Mareep was over 17k... it would be nice if the next guy would be early.

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats on all new shinies! <: And goodluck to those still hunting!

On my way home I got a chain of 20 for Zoroark before it broke. Still, chaining in gen6 irks me to no end, the grass just doesnt seem right for chaining.
I'm gonna bust out my old Pearl game and chain on that for awhile, if theres no good Outbreaks today then I'll chain Eevee in the Trophy Garden.

EmpressMyuu

Holy crap! OMG you guys, this was about thirty minutes ago and I'm still jumping for joy. Let me give a little bit of backstory. One of my shiny targets is Espurr (male or female, though female is slightly more preferred), and for a few hours yesterday I was hopping around different Psychic-type Friend Safaris I had in hopes of finding one. Well...I still haven't found one yet. (Pretty surprising honestly, since I think Espurr appeared for me more than any other Pokemon today when I was searching in the Friend Safari.)

However, that didn't mean I wasn't supposed to find a shiny tonight! I got a little bored of looking in the safari so I took a break and kind of had a quick thought of "hey, it's been a little while since you tried chain fishing for Clauncher (another of my targets). Why don't you do that?" So I went to Cyllage City and tried chain fishing for Clauncher but unlike with Espurr, wasn't really expecting to be successful. Except that a shiny red Clauncher like I'd been wanting did appear :D it was on approximately the 15th chain but it wasn't my first chain that I did while looking for it. My longest so far has been 108. It's a female so I nicknamed her Oakley, after the famous sharpshooter. Any shiny is exciting for me (well usually...except for poor Basculin on Black 2 lol), but since this is my first ever shiny Gen VI Pokemon AND was my first time actually finding one I was actively hunting, I'm like triple thrilled right now.

So, I'll finish by saying congrats on all recently found shinies, good luck to all hunters and let my story be kind of a lesson to you guys--if you get the random urge to take a break from looking for one Pokemon and go look for another, go for it!

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Congrats to all the shiny's and good luck on the current hunts.

My shiny Froakie mission went pretty well, thanks to a German Dragonair I got from a classmate.
The Goomy mission isn't going well. It got from the mother with Move Inheritance, Poison Tail. But until now it doesn't want to shine. The grandfather Seviper was so hard to get in X. So I realy want a shiny Goomy.

I hope you are more lucky ^^

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
First off, grats on all new shinies! Usually I wouldn't post again so soon, but it has come to my attention that Onix is in Sevault Canyon, not Island One, which I can't get to before my eight badge. Instead, my final BQ target on this FR file shall be....Moltres! I want to get all three Kanto birds Shiny on this file anyway, and there's not better place to start then with my favorite Shiny Kanto bird. I've got 94 pokeballs, 43 great balls, 80 Ultra Balls and my Master Ball with me, so there's no chance it'll get away, I'll try catching it without the Master ball first, counting it's PP. However, worse case senario I'll have to use my Master ball. Best of luck guys!
~RaichuArcanine~

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
A couple of days ago, I received a 5IV Japanese Larvesta from a wonder trade, so I decided to postpone my Litwick hunt, mainly because I have decided I want heatwave as an egg move and need to wait till Pokebank, (That and I got tired of it :p).
So I decided I would try and get another dragon shiny instead and after only 105 eggs, I am now the proud of a beautiful shiny Trapinch!

[IMG300]http://i42.*******.com/2jd5bfp.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i39.*******.com/2821irq.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i41.*******.com/9080b7.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i40.*******.com/o8xpns.jpg[/IMG300]

It's Male with Adamant nature (Thank god for 100% inheritance everstone) with Hyper Cutter for ability. That's not really an issue, as it will have levitate soon anyway :D
He has "Relatively Superior" potential, with calculated IVs as 22/31/31/0-2/31/31! I am so very happy, 105 eggs and almost perfect :D
I have already EV trained him and about to begin leveling him into Flygon. So that is another beautiful green Dragon for me :D (as if it wasn't green before).

Now all I need is Druddigon to complete the collection. I think it might be my next goal and I might just RE in victory road again for it, considering how quickly my CH went with Graveler.

Also found a shiny male Snorunt in a new Safrari, which is kinda neat i 'spose :D

As usual, congratulations to all those who have found their shinies and good luck to those still hard at it.

Last edited:

MercyMe

Okay. Someone please please tell me I'm not color blind here.

zQHmxVg.jpg

KR3DjVm.jpg

DbAdjLp.jpg

RG9ytuL.jpg

Since I'm restarting my Y version once again I decided to restart my Soulsilver and try and SR for a shiny starter for the first time. I was determined to get to 50/100 SR before bed, but of course I end up falling asleep in the 30s. (Pathetic) So I wake up this morning, realized what happened, checked my Nintendo and saw that I left it on (Of course). I was JUST about to look at the three Pokeballs again before I fell asleep on it, so I checked it and low and behold a shiny Totodile shined for me. (Pfft, and of course I fell asleep on him and made him wait. XD) I was originally hoping for a shiny Cyndaquil but would I seriously turn down a shiny RARE Totodile, fat chance. I was actually keeping track of the number of SR and I just realized that this was my 36th SR. Wow! :)

His name is "Crikey".

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So just now I decided I'd go to the friend safari to kill some audino a and try and get some stuff from pickup and my first encounter was a shiny eevee :D that's my 3rd shiny eevee now. it's jolly which isn't that good since I already have a shiny flareon and it has its hidden ability. Maybe ill just make it an umbreon since they're soo beautiful or maybe ill give it to my boyfriend as a nice little gift since I already have 2 shiny eeveelutions.

Omg I can't believe my luck I just found another shiny eevee!! Guess my shiny aegislash is a goodluck charm lol. This one is bashful with its HA so not the best but still :D

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Just got my 3rd shiny swanna while looking for rufflet. -_- I now have Purple Rain, Bell Swanna, and Reswanzle. :p I am now starting to feel for that person who kept getting swirlixs when looking for something else. Let's try this again! I only need 3 more to have a team! ;)

Dangertrout

Just got my 3rd shiny swanna while looking for rufflet. -_- I now have Purple Rain, Bell Swanna, and Reswanzle. :p I am now starting to feel for that person who kept getting swirlixs when looking for something else. Let's try this again! I only need 3 more to have a team! ;)

I have the same problem. Keep finding Beautiflys when I'm looking for Venomoth :p
Maybe I should take another stab at that hunt today...

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
Whats the best way to MM? What I typically do for breeding is fill my party with 5 go up and down route 7 till they hatch then start again right now im MMing and IV breeding iv got a 5V Eevee im using and a 3V Jp Eevee and im using the same method only im going to get the IV's checked each time (Im going for two Eevee a Shiny Eevee and a Shiny Umbreon) so far iv only hatched about 20 eggs before I started MMing however while I was getting the 5V Eevee I got a Shiny Eevee lol however its characteristic is not to my liking and it's IV's arn't either (im still keeping it however it's my first Shiny Eevee ever)

So is there a faster way?

Alright, for me, I save right before talking to the Breeder man [after the first Egg, of course, because that is always a set Pokemon] I ride back and forth on my bike, and after 5 eggs, I fly to the center of Lumiose City, and spin until all eggs hatch. If nothing shines, I turn of the game, and try again.
All I use [right now] is Flame Body, but I am working on getting the other Oval Charm and Hatching O-Power.

Oh, ehm...Congratulations to everyone and your beautiful shinies~
Nothing over here, but I haven't been playing that long anyways. I am juggling what I want to do, too. Fish Chaining, Horde battles, hatching eggs...I need to pick something and stick with it...I think.
Anyways, I am also wanting to start that Badge Quest I was speaking of before, but because my Leafgreen holds my Nuzlocke, and I have no way of trading over my team at the moment...I think I am going to do the Quest...on my Diamond version instead.
I just...I don't know which starter to try for. I mean, I will most likely go with Piplup.
Well...I'll figure something out.

The Shiny Eevee has been named. Marin. I don't think I'll train him, considering I'll never evolve him, but again...I'll figure something out. xD

Again, congratulations on the Shiny Pokemon, and I hope you all have a fantastic day.
~Misty​

NightHaze12

*Insert Random Sound Of Happiness Here* GUYS! I haven't done a update on the shiny pokemon Ive gotten lately but I actually ran into an awesome bunch this couple of weeks and I even got my first holiday shiny!

On Thanksgiving while recovering from the massive amount of food I ate A gorgeous female Spoink crossed my screen All I saw was her black pearl and pink color and I squealed xDD

On Black Friday After only 85 encounters in the morning a awesome looking Drfitloom appeared scared me half to death I stayed there to see If i could suck up all the luck from that route

On Cyber Monday!! I was about to go to sleep and ran into a Seviper/Zangoose horde I was about to run when a blue tipped tail crossed my screen I waited until I got a full view on the horde and low and behold a shiny Seviper! Ive heard some horrible things about people getting a Shiny Zangoose killed by the jealous Sevipers or the Sevipers Killing each other with a Swagger but luckly my thing didnt hit itself with confusion and I was able to catch it in a matching dive ball! Sad that I didnt get to see it shine though

AND THEN less than 100 encounters later ( I was way to pumped to go to sleep now) I SHINY INKAY!!!! GORGEOUS!! Horrible Ivs however but honestly I cant complain! xDDD I ran away from that route not wanting to be too greedy xDD lol

And Today I got to the Reflection Cave and was doing a couple of horde battles I wasnt getting anything so I do this thing where I run around first find a horde battle with the pokemon Im looking for and stay there while sweet scenting 2 sweet scents later I find a SHINY ROGGENROLA!! I shut my DS so quickly lol he is definitely going to replace my Seviper now xDD I might stay a little bit and see if I can find a Mime Jr or be really lucky and get a shiny Carbink in a horde of Roggenrolla

xD I spread my luck!