• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I just caught a shiny Whismur in a horde encounter. that's two shiny Pokémon today. I must be lucky

Vhyra

Merry Christmas Eve to me! Shiny Oddish. :D Friend safari catch #20! Wooooo. Thank goodness. I was on a dry spell for about 5 days there, argh! Good luck everyone!

mapijs

i want to shiny hunt but i have no idea what pokemon i should target, and i don't know if i want to horde or want to do friend safari :S

Vhyra, how many encounters does it usually take to find a shiny in friend safari?
i found 3 in half an hour few days ago, but after that, totally nothing....

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
i want to shiny hunt but i have no idea what pokemon i should target, and i don't know if i want to horde or want to do friend safari :S

Vhyra, how many encounters does it usually take to find a shiny in friend safari?
i found 3 in half an hour few days ago, but after that, totally nothing....

I manged to find a shiny pokemon in the safari under two hours..

For my latest shiny news was a Shiny Gulpin that popped up while I was Ev training. Quite the hassle and I had to use a reset bag...but other than that not many shiny pokemon appeared maybe I can go for a Delibird or something for the festive holiday ^^

Good luck to all on your hunts and happy holidays!

Miju~

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Yay my shiny froakie MM has ended with success :D just hatched a female protean shiny froakie with 31/xx/31/31/xx/31 would of liked the spec def but still 4 max ivs is awesome cant wait to raise her.

Now I think I might go for charmander or metagross since they are soo awesome I already have a shiny beldum on black 2 but I think I'd like one with more than 1 max then I can give one to my boyfriend aswell.

Then again I love black and red shinies so maybe Ill do charmander first so I can have a trio of black and red shinies lol ( well ill also have a haxorus when poke transfer comes out but still :3)

Uploaded pics to the link in my sig so hopefully you guys can see my shinies since I'm not sure how to get the links to work in my post ( I feel stupid for not know but o well :3)

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
...Third Shiny caught in X...and I wasn't even trying. xD
Now...if only I was still hatching Scatterbugs...I would have LOVED to have hatched a Shiny Scatterbug...
but alas...I hatched:
Oxnard the Omanyte.
Hatching Screen | Pokemon-Amie Screen | Status Screen

I couldn't help but laugh. I even saw it coming, believe it or not. I'm just like "You know what...I'm going to hatch a Purple Omanyte...any moment now...AAAANY-YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING-! *begins laughting*"
I really do wish, now, that I was still IV breeding my Scatterbug. That would have been so helpful.
Anywho, Oxnard [Named after...actually Oxy from the Disney movie Treasure Planet.] hatched in...the 7th egg [not counting the first egg I hatched]. Really...*sigh*
I was Hatching Omanytes to get a female, so I could breed Toxic Spikes to give to Froakie...IF ONLY! Greninja would have been AMAZING...ah well, take what you get.

He is Quirky Natured who likes to Take plenty of siestas...What?! WHAT?! Well...That is quite Quirky... He has the ability Swift Swim.
His potential is decent all around, his greatest potential lies in his HP...but hey, they can't be beat. Looks like the Ditto worked a little. xD
However...he cannot take a Special Attack...at all. His Sp. Def stat is going to leave me high and dry. [What ever that means. x3]
...Marry Christmas, Misty? Thanks...but why not give me a SCATTERBUG?!

...Or a Helioptile for my sister. That would have been just so amazing, right before Christmas. x3

Well, Happy Holidays everyone...and also, ゴチルゼル:
Just the Status screen
I got her via a contest. She is Lonely who likes to fight, Competitive with Pokerus.

...Now back to hatching for a FEMALE Omanyte!! xD I would have laughed if the shiny was a Female. Photo bucket...you are so slow...

--Edit later that night--​
Oxnard...gave me a thing to do while waiting for..."Santa" to come. [I cannot sleep on Christmas Eve do to myself getting to jumpy]
So...for a Christmas present, I will be breeding Helioptile for my sister, who loves this Pokemon. This Ditto gives me a feel that it'll work if I keep going at it, so maybe...I have something for my sister for tomorrow.
...however...from what Swirlix, Vulpix, and Scatterbug taught me...I shouldn't keep my hopes to high...

Congrats to everyone, good luck, and hope you have a fantastic holiday.
~Misty

Last edited:

potaytoe

ok, i'm new here and first off just want to say well done to all you peeps that got your shinies
secondly just want to introduce myself a little, played since Gen I and been shiny hunting since gen IV, had a little time off pokemon but im back and ready to get my first x/y shiny :)
thirdly can someone fill me in on this community hunt you guys speak of? seems pretty fun and would love to join in

TheMaster327

Look what I snagged up on Christmas Eve!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20131224_zpscba8dd73.jpg[/img139]

Gentle nature, not sure whether that's good or not.

IVs: 4 - 7 / 30 / 31 / 12 - 15 / 18 - 21 / 6 - 9

I guess that isn't bad... Any EV training suggestions?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
On the first day of Christmas, X version gave to meee,
Shiny Ferroseed from the Friend Safariii!

...very loose rhyming, but whatever. Nice to get a shiny for Christmas that I've been looking for for a while.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
On the first day of Christmas, X version gave to meee,
Shiny Ferroseed from the Friend Safariii!

Lol yess! This has inspired me.

*clears throat*'

On the first day of Christmas, X version gave to meee!
A shiny Shuppet from the Friend Safari!

Well, technically its still Christmas Eve here but watever! My main target here was Phantump but Shuppet is still pretty cool, and I'm not keeping it anyway. I'll keep hunting in the Safari to see if anything else pops up, and I'll resume my hunt for that evil pumpkin after Christmas.

Good luck everyone!

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Friend Safari has increased chances of finding shinies my left foot... why is it that I only find FS or MM shinies when I am not expecting them?!?! 4-7 encounters for Helioptile (wasn't even hunting), 59 for Gabite (was hunting but not expecting it) 4 eggs for Squirtle (similar situation to ShinyMisty's Omanyte) and now, as I approach my 2175th encounter and still counting.... NOTHING. This has gone on for about a week moving around a couple safaris but mainly sticking to the same Dragon one with Gabite, Sliggoo, and Noibat, and I am losing hope and I am getting REALLY sick of the color purple (even though I have on the Ghost Serebii Forums theme....) Welp... congrats to everyone on their recent finds, and good luck to those still hunting... maybe some of that luck will rub off on me......

carmstrong

Managed to get a shiny Fraxure, Horsea, and two Claunchers today. Willing to trade one of the Claunchers, calm natured, for any other shiny

The Scientist

Shiny Charm confirmed for X/Y. Probably at least doubles the chances, which would mean horde battles have a 1/400 shiny encounter rate.

Did not see this posted here yet.

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
Finally hatched a shiny ralts on my pokemon X! It took 2638 eggs! This makes it the longest shiny hunt I've done yet! It's not my first shiny ralts though...in fact, I've had at least 20 of them! (It's my Favorite Pokemon)
Today I also managed to chain 9 more of em on Diamond in preparation of Bank coming out. (I wanted a timid one with hyper voice) All in all, probably my best day for shiny hunting ever!

The one from the egg: https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/940819_561180013950634_2082321542_n.jpg

The one from the Egg is Timid with 31/XX/31/31/XX/31

Also, Congrats on all the recent shinies, and Good Luck on everyone's current hunts!

Last edited:

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
So I have a question for you guys, I bred a Japanese Honedge with a Honedge I got from a friend here, American, they produced an Offspring with great IVs so I decided to breed that with the Japanese Honedge.

Will the MM work? Because I'm 15 boxes in and nothing

TheGreaterLucario

So I have a question for you guys, I bred a Japanese Honedge with a Honedge I got from a friend here, American, they produced an Offspring with great IVs so I decided to breed that with the Japanese Honedge.

Will the MM work? Because I'm 15 boxes in and nothing

I believe so. So long as one of them is of the language of origin of your game, in this case English, and another is from a game of a different language, MM will work. In other words, if you have an American game, ANY American Pokemon, be it from your game or not, can be used to MM.

MercyMe

It just turned 12:00 a couple of minutes ago in my time zone so, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. :D

Update:

(Soulsilver) |Cyndaquil|2,275 SR
(Platinum) |Chimchar|360 SR
(White) |Oshawott|500 SR
(White 2) |Tepig|330 SR
(X) |Froakie|225 SR
(Y) |Route 22|825 RE

This marks the fifth day since my last shiny. Feeling a little (VERY little) discouraged, but I'm still going strong. I plan on getting the Chimp/Tepig hunts up to 375 SR, the Froakie hunt up to 300 SR, and the Route 22 hunt up to 1,250 RE before I go to bed.

CG on all the new shinies since my last post. :) I hope I can get some sparkles on Christmas Day. :D

wingman32x

I got a Christmas gift from Pokemon Y.

Started a Tyrunt MM hunt to kill time in the car on the way to a family gathering today, and a blue Tyrunt appeared at egg 41. Part of me really wanted for it to shine either today or tomorrow, so I'm very happy.

It has a careful nature, relatively superior potential, and perfect's in Attack and Sp. Atk.

Happy Holidays everyone! Good luck on all the hunts!