• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Merry Christmas to all! And I guess I was pretty good this year, Santa brought me a shiny Chespin!!! Adamant, bulletproof, and IVs of 31/31/31/x/31/28! So stoked he got the HA. Good luck on your hunts all, and congrats on the recent shinies! Now I'm on to another Timid Magician Fennekin, with Wish/Hypnosis/Heat Wave egg moves.

Tyrantrum

I caught a Shiny Cubone in the Glittering Cave area a few days ago. After I beat the game, I might go back and train him to be a strong fighter for my team. My first shiny this generation so I'm rather excited.
Also, I tried some chain-fishing with a fainted Inkay in my party after getting the Old Rod, but after a while of no success thought I'd rather get something better then a shiny luvdisc.

EmpressMyuu

Merry Christmas everyone! No new shinies to mention yet, but luckily I'll have plenty of time to continue my search today. However, I finally got to evolve my Chinchou and after a rather lengthy search for a rainy area, evolved my Sliggoo :) Shiny Goodra looks like she was born from a rather happy dream.

Good luck to all and congrats to everyone that's found Christmas shinies--I think Cutty in particular found one that really fits the day in Amaura xD way to go!

MercyMe

I see some people finally hatched the shinies they wanted. (^ v ^) CG guys! I FINALLY got back from a Christmas party with the family so now I will be able to do my SR(s). Wish me luck! :D

shadowF

anyone seen a shiny mega mewtwo yet? now that we have pokebank. I am planning on transferring my shiny mewtwo but I am going to wait until I can get pokebank in the U.S.

Gilardino

1400 MM eggs and no shiny phantump yet.. first time I'm breeding with a korean ditto, they work with mm as well right? (the phantump is European)

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
YAY! 348 Horde battles and i completed the community hunt. I got a ADAMANT geodude! I decided to check it out at the stat guy in Kiloude city and found out she has perfect SP. Attack..... Oh well! lol.
Stat line: Geodude - #074 (Adamant) : 3 - 5 / 15 - 18 / 4 - 7 / 31 / 20, 22 / 3 - 6
Community Hunt Complete!!

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
My shinies in Kalos have been limited to a single Bunnlyby and two Alomomolas. I gave the bunnylby to my cousin, and released one of the alomomolas on wonder trade. Then trained up the other as a supporter :3 recently gave him away as a gift to a friend.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I just encountered shiny moltres in ss after 4772 soft resets. Then I accidentally hit run.

SEdive07

DIVEstrong

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I just encountered shiny moltres in ss after 4772 soft resets. Then I accidentally hit run.

Ouch.. Sorry for your luck, If it makes you feel better it was more then likely adamant..... with 4 0 IV's and it had a Lazy attitude.. you are better off without it.

In other news finished my most recent MM Shiny Honedge, It was an hour and a half after Christmas but I will still count it as my Christmas Miracle!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
So, while I was looking for a Starly horde I encountered a random shiny Nidoran male!

Nature is Docile and has Poison Point as its ability, so it'll just be a trophy shiny. :]

I'm working on completing the Kalos dex right now so I can get the Oval Charm to help out with MMing and just breeding in general. I won't be going for the shiny charm this time around though since I'm more than fine with the new odds. I'll probably get back to hunting for Pumpkaboo after I'm done, and I really hope I don't get anymore repeats >.<!

Well, gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

MercyMe

Update:

(Soulsilver) |Cyndaquil|2,555 SR
(Platinum) |Chimchar|400 SR
(White) |Oshawott|500 SR
(White 2) |Tepig|400 SR
(X) |Froakie|330 SR
(Y) |Route 22|1,350 RE

So, another fruitless day for me. ( v _ v ) No Christmas shinies.

I checked out the GTS for the first time in awhile and seeing all of these new Pokemon on the GTS lifted my spirits a bit. :) Pokebank is coming out tomorrow! (Outside of Japan) Everything is at an unfair trade though... I hate seeing starters and "average" Pokemon on trade for legionaries. I guess it's going to be like that for a couple months before they begin to lose their value and I can snatch a few of my own.

CG to any new shinies. :)

@Gilardino: As long as the parents are from different language speaking countries then the Masuda Method should be working. Goodluck hatching your Phantump! (^ v ^)

Neji-and-Pidgeot said:

I feel so so bad for you. :( Shiny fails suck something fierce. I hope you'll continue your SR for another Moltres.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

Ouch... that is horrible. I know how it feels like to run away or sr over something..

After the awesome eevee I caught yesterday, I caught an horrible minccino. It has Jolly nature with 3 IV's on 0. And not even the IV's are supporting the nature. Sooo... trophy :p my 51th Kalos shiny. Hope to get a shiny eevee today. :3

CallMyName

gratzz on all recent shiny, i'm trying to hatch shiny spritzee for a while now,i'm up to 2.800 egg and no shiny yet T_T what are the mm odd in x and y should i just give up and trying mm with different pokemon or keep going :D any advice would help cause i'm really frustrated now ,merry christmax and happy new year to all ^^

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Evolved my Christmas shiny Ferroseed into a Ferrothorn. Odd how the shiny colour schemes aren't similar at all between the two.

Preparing for Pokemon Bank tomorrow, I have all my Pokemon ready on my White version to send forward, the Shiny Charm is within reach! Speaking of which, in preparation I finally managed to transfer all the Pokemon data to my White 2 so I finally, albeit very delayed, got my White 2 Shiny Charm, so should I ever fancy it there's always another game to shiny hunt on!

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
gratzz on all recent shiny, i'm trying to hatch shiny spritzee for a while now,i'm up to 2.800 egg and no shiny yet T_T what are the mm odd in x and y should i just give up and trying mm with different pokemon or keep going :D any advice would help cause i'm really frustrated now ,merry christmax and happy new year to all ^^

When I get frustrated I usually switch hunts. I started my Mawile hunt and Honedge hunt at least 3 times a piece... It gets frustrating to go after the same one over and over and over.... My advice is to just try a new poke for a little while you will get what you need eventually.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey everybody.

I hope I'm not the only one that's looking forward to getting the Poke Bank tomorrow and seeing what some of my shinies look like in X/Y. Not to mention getting a free Celebi. The only Celebi event we had in England (that I know of) was at ToysRus back in 2001 for G/S/C - and my parents wouldn't take me there ;__; So I've never been able to get my own Celebi (though somebody here did trade me a Japanese Collosseum bonus disc one).

As for shiny hunting, I decided to start soft resetting for a shiny Amaura in X. I have three fossils, so the SR can go quite quickly. Currently I'm at 510 SR.

Good luck everybody.