• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

The luckiest thing just happened, just hatched myself a 4 perfect IV, Bold nature female shiny Eevee. Perfect for a Vaporeon! She's so pretty and is now a Vaporeon! And it being female makes it so much better! What tops the cake is she hatched Christmas night! :)
Also found a shiny Sneasel in my sister's game the next day after about 4-5 days of hunting. :O Pretty decent. She's a female as well. :)

As well congrats to all the recent shinies acquired! :)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on the new shinies!

Just a quick update since I haven't posted in a while. Haven't been hunting as much due to the holiday and family being in town, but I did a few hundred REs for Litwick in my White BQ today, bringing me up to 1200 total encounters. Also decided to try MMing for Ralts - I got a Japanese 4IV Modest Ralts with 4 egg moves off of Wonder Trade on Christmas, which made for a great present. : ) I've hatched 61 eggs so far with no shinies yet, but I did manage to get a 5IV out of the batch. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Regarding next month's CH, I love the zodiac idea. I think it'd be a great way to kick off the new year, and I think it's broad enough that we'll get a lot of variety.

Good luck to all on your hunts, and have a very happy New Year!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to CryHavoc91 on Eevee, Dragalge on Weedle, Automail_Junkie on Eevee, and everyone else on their shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Ampharos_Spark :)

Happy belated birthday, Dragalge!

---------

Ahh, I know that feel. I went through 17 phases for shiny female Combee, hopefully you get your Growlithe soon. It'll be amazing when it finally shows itself, so don't give up! :]
Thanks! Every time I think about how many phases I’ve done, I remind myself of your hunt :D

---------

So. A few of my games were stolen, including my White version that had almost all of my shinnies and event pokemon on it. Super upset about that.
I think I'll try to breed cyndaquil for now, as it's one of my favorites.

Congrats on all the recent shinnies though, and good luck to all!

For the first time ever in my whole time as a shiny hunter... I... I lost my first shiny :(
Sorry to hear about both of your shiny losses :( Best of luck trying to get them back!

---------

I did 500 REs on each game today, so 8,500 REs on Platinum, 400 REs on Black 2, and 2,400 REs on HeartGold. Hopefully I can get a new shiny soon, and hopefully my next phase for Growlithe isn’t as long as this last one.

Also, my Magby video.

Good luck, everyone!

EmpressMyuu

Yahoo! I did some chain fishing today and didn't get a duplicate Pokemon this time xD no, I resumed a hunt I started once for fun, for a shiny Magikarp. Not the coolest thing since everyone has a shiny Gyarados, but I've never had a shiny Magikarp before. Until now, that is. :) I achieved my second and third chains for it today and found it on about encounter #32 of the third chain. Shiny Mega Gyarados looks pretty freakin' sweet too.

This is probably the most shinies I've ever found in one week. This has already turned into the most shinies I've ever found on a single game, coming in at nine so far, excluding the ones traded to me.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny beldum is still being a bugger. Round 4 of the hunt ended with 1,480 eggs hatched and not a single shiny. I've already begun egg collection for round 5.

I've also started an RE hunt at the Virbank Complex in White 2. Let's see what shines first... Beldum or elekid/magnemite/koffing/patrat/growlithe.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
At this point, I'm sick and tired of Horsea. I just caught another freaking HORSEA!! Three shiny Horseas all fished in the same area. All I want are a shiny Clawitzer and Dragalgea, yet that stupid Horsea keeps ruining it! Two hours of fishing, all for that STUPID HORSEA ruining my target. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

ShadowRadon

Shiny Hunter
Wow....
My luck is insane.
While chaining Skiddo, at a chain of 6 and after walking into a non shiny patch
Shiny Skiddo!
WP_000091_zpsb541381e.jpg
In Other news, my hunt for scraggy in hordes has reached 4,600 REs, hoping that shines soon

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Belated happy holidays everyone! I had an awesome Christmas =D. Well I've only just reached Articuno on my FR Game now. Thanks to my Emerald and Colosseum and my cousin's GBA-GC link cable I traded over 3 Masterballs from Emerald onto Firered now, so I can't lose Articuno when it shines, or Zapdos and Mewtwo who I'm hunting after I get Articuno. Still buzzing about my Moltres ^_^. I beat the league on FR easily the other day, my main team of six shinies are all on Colosseum right now, and the pokemon I have left on FR are quite weak :3. I'm on a measly 124 Articuno SR's so far. Best of luck guys!
~RaichuArcanine~

CallMyName

hi all, iam at 3000 egg for spritzee and no shiny yet :D kinda doubt the MM method now ^^ and btw do we need landorus trio to complete the pokedex?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
hi all, iam at 3000 egg for spritzee and no shiny yet :D kinda doubt the MM method now ^^ and btw do we need landorus trio to complete the pokedex?

Yeppers, you need the genies. As far as I know, these are the Pokemon you don't need to register your Pokedex as 'complete':

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldo
Meloetta
Genesect

So yeah, Pokemon Bank not being released has put a scupper on me getting the Shiny Charm, but I've managed to trade for most of the things I need on GTS. Other than legendary Pokemon, which I'll wait until Bank is available to get, I just need Porygon2, Porygon-Z and Milotic.

Almost seems as though the Shiny Charm will be somewhat redundant though, given I've found fourteen shinies on my X version without it already.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have got a few questions to ask all of you!

a) Can you SR the roaming legend in X/Y?
b) Is Zygarde Shiny Locked?
c) Is Mewtwo Shiny Locked as well?

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I have got a few questions to ask all of you!

a) Can you SR the roaming legend in X/Y?
b) Is Zygarde Shiny Locked?
c) Is Mewtwo Shiny Locked as well?

All the legendaries seem to be shiny locked, which sucks. :[

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Yes! Yes! Yes! After many attempts, 3 shiny abra and a shiny munna later, shiny espurr has appeared after only a few safari encounters this morning! And its the female that i wanted! It has a bold nature (+ def, - atk). So happy to finally have this thing! :)

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Gratz to everyone who obtained a Shiny. (Especially Ampharos_Spark with her fail and win Regigigas. :) )
Still no luck on my side yet. I am constantly SR'ing in my SS game for a shiny starter. And I am switching between RE'ing in my Platinum and MM'ing in my X game. (To keep it exciting. ;) )
Then I got bored and made a BQ Shiny card. XD
Anyways good luck to everyone and I hope I can report some Shiny news anytime soon. :)

Dangertrout

Sounds like we're doing the chinese zodiac hunt for January's CH. =)
@The Prince of May, could you make that list and PM it to me? Thanks!

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
I've never caught a shiny since the first games, hopefully it'll happen soon!
Getting the perfect shiny with good gender nature and everything else will be a pain.
If anyone has a perfect shiny that's in my Sig, mail me please.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Sounds like we're doing the chinese zodiac hunt for January's CH. =)
@The Prince of May, could you make that list and PM it to me? Thanks!

This makes me happy. I'm not actively deep into hunting anything at the moment so I can def participate! :) There still are some dragons I have been meaning to get... ;)