• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Arkygi

OMG!
I was just EV Training my Frillish on Sp. Def through Mime Jr. hordes on Reflection Cave when a male shiny Roggenrola appeared!
I really wanted one! =D
Now, I'm patiently dealing with all that Sand Attack and Sturdy... x-x
Can't wait to catch him, I'm so happy <3

Congrats on all shinies and good luck to everyone! ^-^

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to General_Ridley on Hariyama, pokemaster13 on Diglett, Cyberra on Feebas, cryuel on Gastly, maldoror on Mudkip, Bluemiracle on Torchic, and everyone else on their shinies!

-------

Sweet! Good news and a tiny bit of bad news with it.

Good news: Shiny Budew!

[IMG200]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/IMG_1270_zpsce69076b.jpg[/IMG200]

The bad news is that it's male...This was one of those shinies that I really wanted to be female. Like I want Pidgey to be female, but I really won't be bothered if it's male. But Roserade...Ah well, I've honestly already prepared myself for that, so I'm sort of over it :p And honestly, I could have had worse luck and found something besides Budew, so I feel pretty lucky that it's even a Budew that shined.

Anyways, this appeared (finally) after 13,520, and my 20th RE today.

He's Bold, A little quick tempered, and has Natural Cure. Sadly, his IVs look sort of bad, except for Attack which is 27 (and Bold lowers that, which is good since it won't be an attacker). So...Yeah.

I guess I'll work on EV training him, maybe I'll even get him evolved into Roselia before night falls. Back to my other hunts too...And then once Roserade's all set, I'll get ready for my final hunt on my Platinum BQ - Giratina! (Hurry up and get yours, AquaRegisteel!)

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Congrats to General_Ridley on Hariyama, pokemaster13 on Diglett, Cyberra on Feebas, cryuel on Gastly, maldoror on Mudkip, Bluemiracle on Torchic, and everyone else on their shinies!

-------

Sweet! Good news and a tiny bit of bad news with it.

Good news: Shiny Budew!

[IMG200]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/IMG_1270_zpsce69076b.jpg[/IMG200]

The bad news is that it's male...This was one of those shinies that I really wanted to be female. Like I want Pidgey to be female, but I really won't be bothered if it's male. But Roserade...Ah well, I've honestly already prepared myself for that, so I'm sort of over it :p And honestly, I could have had worse luck and found something besides Budew, so I feel pretty lucky that it's even a Budew that shined.

Anyways, this appeared (finally) after 13,519, and my 19th RE today.

He's Bold, A little quick tempered, and has Natural Cure. Sadly, his IVs look sort of bad, except for Attack which is 27 (and Bold lowers that, which is good since it won't be an attacker). So...Yeah.

I guess I'll work on EV training him, maybe I'll even get him evolved into Roselia before night falls. Back to my other hunts too...And then once Roserade's all set, I'll get ready for my final hunt on my Platinum BQ - Giratina! (Hurry up and get yours, AquaRegisteel!)

Good luck, everyone!

Congratulations on that awesome shiny, Cpchris! I remember when I got my own shiny Budew (glad mine was a female) and I have to say, Roselia and Roserade are really great shinies. You'll probably even forget about the gender when you'll see it! Honestly, Roserade is not as feminine as Roselia, so it won't be too bad. Anyway, good luck on your final Badge Quest hunt, cheering you all the way! :)

Speaking of hunt, Kyogre still refuses to shine. I'll go watch another movie before going to bed, so hopefully, hopefully Kyogre will decide to be purple instead of blue. I thought this hunt wouldn't be so bad but I guess I forgot how high the original odds were without charm or X. Probably between 2000 to 3000 soft resets at the moment, but I'm not worried. I will get it eventually, and when this day finally arrives, I'll be happy. Really happy.

Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck!

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
YES another Shiny for my Platinum BQ! This time a Kricketot from Eterna Forest. This Platinum game gives me good luck I guess. XD Anyways I didn't count the REs but I got it after 47 hours and 39 minutes in game, roughly 10 hours after my first shiny of this game
Too bad it wasn't Buneary otherwise it would have counted for the CH. XD

I will add pictures soon since im on my phone now so i cant upload the pics. :p

Anyone who is hunting good luck! And everyone who obtained a shiny: CONGRATULATIONS! !! :)

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
About 220 eggs in...and no Shiny Pichu. *shrugs* To be honest...I saw this coming. I just wish he would shine soon...Lumiose City's track is getting drilled into my brain.
Or...as Fergy from Viva Pinata would say: "To get that song surgically removed from my brain!" ...Oh fudge...

My sister, however, got some pretty good things. While trading, she got a Shiny Octillery, which she traded for a Shiny Goldeen. Then, she traded her Zygarde for a fancy red Gyarados, which she mega evolved and looks pretty sick.
As for her Flabébé egg hunt...she is around ~200 to ~250 eggs, and nothing. She has YET to encounter ANY Shiny Pokemon herself in her Y version. Then again...she hasn't really hunted for any, let alone run around the grass. Ah well, if she keeps going for it, she'll get it eventually...

I am just worried that my Pichu will hatch, shiny, but she still is hatching for Flabébé...she will, I mean it, she WILL get all sour loser on my, and go "Oh, well, congrats. I haven't gotten anything!" And I will not be able to talk about the Pichu at all...and...I am dragging on...
Well, what I am trying to really say...is...it is a fight between me wanting the Pichu sooner...rather than later. She will make me feel so guilty, I swear on it, if I happen to get the Pichu before she gets Flabébé. [She has already done this while we were Wonder Trading today. I got a Phione, and she got nothing.]

...Fudge...

-------

Congrats all around

Got my first XY shiny, I MM hatched a shiny scatterbug, which I named Topaz since I have the orange high plains pattern on my game. He's calm nature, which means I should focus on Sp. Attack when picking attack moves, but that's okay with me. Already a Spewpa, plan to post pics later if I remember to take them...

;-; I want a Scatterbug...
I'm kidding. Congrats. <3
If it has Friend Guard, then it can be a very good double battle protector. I will be putting Protect and Rest on my Competitive Vivillion so she can stay alive and reduce the damage done on her ally.
But...if it doesn't have Friend Guard...\(o-o)/ (Friend Guard is the Hidden ability)
Still...I feel as though it is one beauty of a Shiny. Congrats once again.

Congratulations to everyone, and I do hope the luck of everyone is heightened. I hope you all have a Fantastic day~
~Misty​

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Congrats all around

Got my first XY shiny, I MM hatched a shiny scatterbug, which I named Topaz since I have the orange high plains pattern on my game. He's calm nature, which means I should focus on Sp. Attack when picking attack moves, but that's okay with me. Already a Spewpa, plan to post pics later if I remember to take them...

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys, congrats on all the new shinies and I have a new one of my own to report.

I was getting really frustrated with hunting Kalos starters so I decided to take a break and starter sr-ing for Johto starters. I reached 300 sr's and decided I was going to change the ID but I accidentally continued so I decided to check anyways just in case one was shiny and I ended up finding a shiny Chikorita. He's lonely natured which probably isn't the best for him but oh well.

I'm so surprised by how fast this was and I'm just happy it wasn't another cyndaquil though I still need to reclaim my lost totodile.

Anyway as for Kalos starters, I'm at 1959 sr's and I doubt that hunt is gonna shiny anytime soon.

Good luck!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to everyone on the new shinies!

Well, I am just stunned... I've been waiting for this day for a long time... And it finally happened! Shiny Latias in SoulSilver!!!

Like I mentioned before, I've been hunting this thing since the middle of summer, with long breaks in between, and tbh I was expecting this to go much longer. I was so worried that I'd reset over a shiny, but I knew the instant it came on screen, and I scared the heck out of my poor parents from my screaming... XD I didn't count my SR's (was getting tired of it and it was nice not to have to carry around my tally counter for that hunt), but I estimate it took between 1500 and 2000 encounters for Latias to shine. I didn't give her a nickname, and I don't think I will because I usually don't name my legendaries, but I will at least get her name not to be in all capitals before I transfer her to Black, haha. Thankfully my Modest sync worked (would have done Timid or Calm but I didn't have them on me), but I'm not sure about her IVs yet - the characteristic is "good perseverance," which I don't think is too great, but I really don't care, it's a freakin' shiny Latias. XD

So I guess that makes Community Hunt Complete x2! I'm also still going away at my Numel MM, but it's being a little more stubborn than the others (which I guess is to be expected after Ralts and Ponyta both came in under 100 eggs). I've hatched about 200 eggs for Numel so far, hoping to get it soon. I may also start a Feebas MM on Black for the CH, but I don't know if I have the patience for a 5th gen MM, seeing as I never completed one... but we'll see.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Last edited:

MYNISTA

In Christ
"Dat Boy Bolt" tho! Found this Shiny Luxio (soon to be a Luxray) in an Electric Safari tonight! Bold nature (awesome!), Intimidate ability (fresh!) judged OUTSTANDING potential overall with 5 PERFECT 31 IVs (HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, & Speed)! Gonna train him up ASAP! Grats on the recent finds!

[img300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/8351976805134fd3de3751758401fbe7/tumblr_myyyd33eaX1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

dan2point5

Community Hunt Complete

Shiny Ekans after 5,660 bought at game corner. 2nd of a casual BQ I started early December. Only been playing in small doses since I've been incredibly busy.

Congrats on everyone's shinies, especially cpchris on Budew.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
"Dat Boy Bolt" tho! Found this Shiny Luxio (soon to be a Luxray) in an Electric Safari tonight! Bold nature (awesome!), Intimidate ability (fresh!) judged OUTSTANDING potential overall with 5 PERFECT 31 IVs (HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, & Speed)! Gonna train him up ASAP! Grats on the recent finds!

[img300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/8351976805134fd3de3751758401fbe7/tumblr_myyyd33eaX1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

Usually, I wouldn't really care for Friend Safari shinies, but 5 max IVs!? I gotta admit, that's pretty lucky, so gratz. :]

Community Hunt Complete

Shiny Ekans after 5,660 bought at game corner. 2nd of a casual BQ I started early December. Only been playing in small doses since I've been incredibly busy.

Congrats on everyone's shinies, especially cpchris on Budew.

OMG you're alive!? Lol, nice to see you back, and gratz on Ekans. :]

-----------------------

Well I've hatched about 510 eggs, and no shiny Feebas yet, but I'm still in the early stages, so I don't mind. I have also started to put a bit more effort into my Musharna hunt that I've been on for nearly 3 weeks, so hopefully it shines soon.

Gratz everyone, especially Cpchris, Crimson Penguin, and Bluemiracle! Good luck to you all. :]

WaterTypesFTW

Shiny Hunter
Hello,

Congrats on all those shinies!

I'm shocked that I'm pretty dedicated to this Palkia hunt. I've hit 800 SR already and normally I give up SR hunts at around 50 SR. I just really want that pink dragon! Though I'm really not expecting anything until maybe the 8K mark. I'm going to do about 100 SR right now before I get ready for work. After I get Palkia I think I'll switch back to MM in Pokemon Y. I changed my mind already and decided not to for Noibat. I honestly don't know what I want to hunt for next in Y but hunting Palkia will give me plenty of time to think of it.

Good luck everyone!

Ditto B1tch

Well I've hatched about 510 eggs, and no shiny Feebas yet, but I'm still in the early stages, so I don't mind. I have also started to put a bit more effort into my Musharna hunt that I've been on for nearly 3 weeks, so hopefully it shines soon.

Gratz everyone, especially Cpchris, Crimson Penguin, and Bluemiracle! Good luck to you all. :]
hatched 510 eggs? 3 weeks?

I hope when you get a shiny it doesn't have crappy IV's, otherwise it would be really frustrating. Hatching a hundred of eggs again on the next weeks would be a pain.

kayteemae

Hit To Key
Just hatched a shiny Dratini! Docile nature, Shed Skin (even though all the others I hatched today had Marvel Scale, typical) and perfect IVs in HP, Defense and Speed.

Going back to my Eevee hunt now, currently on 0/8 shiny so this could take a while!

Edit-Also, I guess that means Community Hunt Complete since Dratini counts as a snake.

Attachments

• Dratini.jpg
    Dratini.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Elchar

I am gonna hunt for shiny Eevee, wish me good luck you all :) Also still hunting for shiny Bagon with MM.

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
Oh my the most awesome thing happened to me yesterday! I had traded for that Eggmove Feebas and was just breeding a few modest ones to have some for trading (and maybe get one with a nice HP type). I hatched 10 eggs, then picked up the last one and moved to breeding Chickorita....when that 11th egg hatched, it was shiny!!!
So now I have a shiny eggmove Feebas, not saying no to that ;-)

Things like that get me very motivated to go on shiny hunting, might try MM for Oshawott next.

You guys stay motivated too, good luck!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I just wanted to post a quick update. I've hatched 240 chespin eggs so far with no luck. As I have a nice even amount (8 full boxes), I decided I'm taking a break to wonder trade them away and try getting some better pokémon. So far I've gotten 3 possible parents for future MMing hunts (jolly dratini, jolly iron fist pancham, and adamant contrary inkay) from a combination of Japanese and German games. Hopefully chespin does not take too much longer :/

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

Now that the university assignment I had to do is finished and I now have more free time I'm going to resume my shiny Furfrou Masuda Method hunt after I hatch a Bagon to use in the Battle Maison. When I put my Furfrou hunt on hold I was at 150 eggs. Hope it hatches soon but I have a feeling that, after my quick Treecko hunt, my game won't be quite as generous. Luckily I'm a persistent person so I'll keep trying until I get one.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Elchar

Hey, thanks for idea! I was just releasing MM babies, but wonder trading them away is much better idea! :)