• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

JoshRJV77

I've never taken part in a community hunt so I'm not totally sure how this works but in the last 3 days I've caught 4 whismur (rabbit) and a camrupt (ox) again I apologize if I'm not following the proper format! Lol

And the main reason for my post, after my successful shiny zubat catch today I have just been slowly hatching eggs while hunting in the friend safari, and just now after only 3 REs I found my second shiny Noibat!!!! So excited, this one is male with perfect IVs in sp. atk and spd!

Dangertrout

Oh MY.... Shiny Shelgon!!! so that means I have Community Hunt Complete X5! And just a question regarding the CH list... if I evolve my dragonair will it count again as dragonite?

By the way Congratulations to all new shinies since my last post! and good luck to all shiny hunters!

No, it only counts once.

As for me, I've hatched less than 90 of those 660 eggs I collected and already hatched a shiny Chespin!
Male with Overgrow and Impish nature. Not sure on the IVs yet, I'll check those when I'm done hatching the other eggs.
so many eggs T_T

edit - oh yeah, CH complete! :p

Last edited:

maldoror

I just found a male Nidoran in a horde, so community hunt complete. Last night I found a shiny Zubat in a horde and this morning I found a shiny Absol in FS. That makes four full odds shinies in the past three days and 11 shinies overall in that period.

edit: by "full odds", I mean the zubat, nidoran, trevenant, and yanma I've found.

Last edited:

Icon4Hire

Pokemon Breeder
Thought I would post my woes and frustration on here. So I'm trying to catch a aipom to breed with my ditto for a shiny aipom. I start by paralyzing it, then I confuse it, then infatuate it, alongside bringing it down to red health and still It took me twenty one ultra balls! I'm sitting here thinking to myself(you better have perfect iv's!) So I look them up... Not one was above twenty. What kind of luck is that!?

Good news is I managed multiple shiny pokemon over the course of this past week. Anyway, time to try again and hopefully have better luck. Good luck to those and their current hunts.

Edit - On second thought I'll keep this piece of garbage. Yes. She'll have a nickname also, and her nickname will be... wastedTime.

Last edited:

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I am still hatching Pichu. [My sister is still hatching as well of her target]

.....I don't even care WHAT GENDER anymore. xD I just want a Shiny. The reason I say that, really, is because, originally, I wanted a Shiny MALE Pikachu with Lightning Rod so I could name is Eggman, and keep it a Pikachu. Well...I started thinking What if it is a girl? Then...Sun Burst would be the name. :3

I am...about...280 in...somewhere like that.
It's just...after hatching a Shiny Eevee AND a Shiny Omanyte in under 15 eggs...it feels so LONG now. xD I am really sad.

...But hey, I got a Victini :D I love him so~ [Not shiny.]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Omg!? Shiny Musharna! Community hunt complete x3!

This thing is so beautiful, the camera does it no justice! I was just about to stop dual-hunting before it appeared, so I'm glad I decided to do a few more SRs. My Modest sync failed, so it got a Serious nature, which isn't too bad. I may just keep it on my White since I really don't like how Musharna looks in XY lol. I'm thinking about hunting for Unown in HG/SS or maybe just do another SR hunt for something like Suicune or Mewtwo.

Any other ideas for what I can hunt for next? I have HG/SS, White, and Black 2 to work with.

Gratz on the recent shinies, and good luck everyone! :]

Congrats on Musharna ^_^ Just btw, the name of your Watchog makes me giggle XD (I have a Magnet Pull nosepass named "C'mere You" for hunting steel-types ^^;;;; )

I'm 4 boxes away from my first hatch for purrloin. Was going to hatch ekans, but I wanted my red leopard. Next up will be ponyta, I think; that blue-flamed pony is one of my dream shinies.

My White 2 RE hunt at Virbank Complex is just under 4000 REs. Would be higher, but I keep getting distracted by Minecraft

I've decided to hunt for shiny Unown which imo, is a cool shiny (blooo <3) and a unique target not many people go for. It'll also be a nice surprise to see what letter I get. Its been awhile since I've done an original odds RE hunt so hopefully it doesn't take me too long.

^_^ Unown was my very first deliberately hunted shiny; I ended up with the X-form. Would have preferred a larger (or showier) form, but a blue X is good, too. It was roughly 1,500 REs at the Solaceon Ruins in Platinum

Last edited:

REMARCABLE

Current Shinies I've caught in my Y version

Fishing Shinies: A shiny Dragalge (oh look a Dragon for the Zodiac challenge)
Random Encounter: A shiny Wartortle
Traded: A shiny Quiladin (another Zodiac Pokemon and it even has its HA) and a shiny Slugma
Pokeradar: A shiny Skiddo, a shiny Gulpin, 2 shiny Minun, 2 shiny Furfrou (these Zodiac shinies seem to keep comin 0_o)
Hatched: A shiny 6IV Fennekin with Blaze and 2 Shiny 5IV Fennekins with Magician, all of em have all 4 egg moves so they are they best of their kind

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Here's a vid for the unbelievers. I was notified via Serebii IM that I was marked down in reputation on the forum on my Shiny Luxio post. Someone said that my post was
fake...that the Shiny Luxio I found In the FS didn't have 5 max IVs...I know it's super rare, but just watch the vid! 5 Max IVs! Guess I'll post vids in the future for the super rare stuff! Haha!

http://gamebruh.tumblr.com/post/72495368572/heres-a-vid-for-the-unbelievers-i-was-notified <--- VIDEO LINK

Wow, I can't believe someone thought you would lie about that.. I know its highly unlikely to happen but its still possible! Never let that Luxio go, lol.

Congrats on Musharna ^_^ Just btw, the name of your Watchog makes me giggle XD (I have a Magnet Pull nosepass named "C'mere You" for hunting steel-types ^^;;;; )

Haha thanks! No joke though, that Watchog means business.

-------------------

Thanks to the Prince of May on the suggestions, and don't worry, the only one you suggested that I already have was the Cofagrigus, lol =p.

I've decided to hunt for shiny Unown which imo, is a cool shiny (blooo <3) and a unique target not many people go for. It'll also be a nice surprise to see what letter I get. Its been awhile since I've done an original odds RE hunt so hopefully it doesn't take me too long. Meanwhile on my X version, Feebas is being a bit stubborn, I have hatched nearly 800 eggs and nothing just yet, but I've had way worse.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Kittykitty on Mewtwo, Crimson Penguin on Litwick (you're on fire!), Dangertrout on Chespin, and blackice27 on that really stubborn Marill! Good luck everyone! :]

Ajduk

Ah, great, can't get my hands on 5 IV foreign Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja with protean to breed for a 5 IV shiny so...yes...no MM here.
What are the odds for hatching a shiny without MM? Looks like I'll have to get it the hard way.

Scrufox86

Oh wow! I got a double whammy just a few hours ago.. I got a shiny Minccino and then within 15 minutes I got a shiny Teddiursa in the same friend safari! So I now have my rat for the CH and Community Hunt Complate x6!

I was trying to get an eevee or two but these will do for now lol. I may try to get the shiny eevee before leaving but if a duplicate shows up I will leave and try for frogadier again.

By the way congratulations to all shinies since my last post and good luck to all shiny hunters!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Dragonitor on Kricketot, VampirateMace on Scatterbug, ChaoticInverse on Chikorita, Crimson Penguin on Latias, dan2point5 onEkans, kayteemae on Dratini, Ganieda on Feebas, Supremacy on Musharna, KittyKitty3308 on Mewtwo, backwardinduction on Pawniard, blackice27 on Marill, Crimson Penguin on Litwick, Dangertrout on Chespin, and everyone else on their shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, The Prince of May, dan2point5, and City of Delusion :)

-------

Well, Budew is now a Roserade. He’s pretty awesome looking.

And as happy as I am with that, I’m a little discouraged to hunt atm…Mainly because I really want to catch Giratina in a pokeball, but the chance is really low...Around 2% when its health is low enough and it’s sleeping :x And it wouldn’t be as much of a problem if I had more time to catch him, but he has 30 PP total, and since all I have is Yawn, Giratina uses 3 moves before I can put him to sleep again…

I’ve also considered bringing Gastly so I can give her a Leppa Berry (to restore up to 10 PP) and teach her the move Trick, so that it gives the berry to Giratina, but I’m not sure if that works or not…And it would only buy me 5 PP, but it’d also take at least three turns to switch in, attack, and switch out, so I don’t think it’s worth it to do that…

I’m going to try to grind Bibarel for a bit to try to get her defense up (Dragon Claw can be brutal, esp. after Ancient Power stat boosts), and maybe that will help me get more pokeball chances.

I’ve caught it once so far (amidst the 6 or 7 fails), so I’m trying to keep myself motivated with that “it’s possible” notion…

Good luck, everyone!

Hello everyone! I had to sign up just to post my shiny hunting because it seems to be all I do lately. Anyway, last week I hatched two shiny feebas. One is perfect spread (31/x/31/31/31/31) and the other was really close. i traded that one away. Now I am working on yamask. I did 768ish eggs and got a shiny yamask with 31/31/22/31/31/31. I am going to keep going on yamask and try to get a better one. I would rather have random speed or attack

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
No, it only counts once.

As for me, I've hatched less than 90 of those 660 eggs I collected and already hatched a shiny Chespin!
Male with Overgrow and Impish nature. Not sure on the IVs yet, I'll check those when I'm done hatching the other eggs.
so many eggs T_T

edit - oh yeah, CH complete! :p

Saying as my upcoming hunts might be gather a ton of eggs then hatch them all, would it be multiple community hunt completions if I were to say hatch 2 shiny dratini in my set of eggs and evolve one fully and one only to dragonair?

kayteemae

Hit To Key
Just found a shiny Frogadier in the FS after 78 RE. Naive, Protean, perfect IVs in Attack and Speed.

ShinyFrogadier.jpg

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
i know i keep changing my mind, but i've finally decided to go for seedot as i decided this about three minutes ago i am currently at one egg, but im breeding with a 5 iv parent and everstoned hasty nature,

congradulation to everyone on their shinies!! and to those of you who can sr more than 13 times: you are my heroes.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats on all the latest shinies, especially Poképro1992 on that super awesome Mew and Cpchris on Budew! :D

Well, it wasn't on New Years Day, but on Sunday a Tyrunt finally decided to shine after 657 eggs! I'd boxed two lots of eggs on the Saturday, and had saved and turned off after hatching 50 of them since I had to get ready to stay over at my gran's for the night. The next day I hatched the few eggs that were left, and was really surprised to see a little blue Dino show up ^_^.

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/SHNYCHIGORASU111111_zpsad61b0e7.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/Ryuzasstats_zps01b9d53c.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/IamalerttoyourexcitenessXD_zpsb2fba1b5.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/GoRyuza_zps932b16ee.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/Hearmeroar_zps24bbe974.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/RyuzaAmie_zps85ae4fe3.jpg[/IMG300]

His IVs though are a little...hit and miss XD

HP: 16-18
Att: 1-4 (Why...why couldn't the Att and Sp Att IVs be the other way around at least? T_T)
Def: 17-20
Sp Att: 17-19
Sp Def: 17-19
Spd: 31 (Well this is great!)

You know what, I don't even really care though, because he's awesome and I love him <3

I also evolved Rajaion to a Charmeloeon~

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/Rajaionevolved_zps258ec948.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/RajaionLizardoAmie_zpsbaa9434b.jpg[/IMG300]

And his IVs are:

HP: 13-15
Att: 18-23 (???)
Def: 23-25
Sp Att: 7-9 (Wut why)
Sp Def: 6-8
Spd: 25

Again, wish the attack stats were switched, but apparently I'm destined to get IV trolled with my shinies this Gen, lol.

I've been busy training up and moving on a bit in Y since, before I go after the last shiny I want for my main team. What's great is that it's one of the potential targets in the community hunt too :p.

As always, good luck everyone!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies. :)

I'm up to 280 eggs in my shiny Furfrou hunt. No shiny yet but I'm going to spend the rest of the evening hatching eggs. Really hope it appears tonight. I'm curious to see what its shiny form looks like with all the different grooming styles. I also hope that it hatches with a 31 IV in speed as both my shiny Zoroark and Sceptile failed to inherit the IV (Zoroark's was 24/25 and Sceptile's was 2/3 which was heartbreaking). Not sure what target to go for after I hatch it but I'm considering a Toxic Boost Zangoose or Swampert.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Misjie

Shiny hunter
After about 3 weeks of non stop hunting for like 4 hours a day (I'm at least 500 (maybe more I'm really bad at guessing since I didn't keep track) eggs in), I still can't get the golden little foxy (vulpix). I am getting really tired of this long hunt but I shall not give up!!

-------------------
Everyone congrats on the recent shinies!!
And for all the others who just like me have a very long hunt, I hope the shine will be with you!

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I won't be participating in the community hunt, so good luck everyone! I'm going for my first ever Masuda Method Pokémon, a Squirtle! I've hatched 76 so far(which is nothing), but I also have the perfect partners!

A Japanese male with 31/x/31/31/31/31 and an English female with 31/x/31/31/31/x. They also know Dragon Pulse, Yawn, and Aura Sphere! If I get a flawless female I'll switch it up. Hoping to get at least 31/x/31/31/31/x! Currently have about 30 left to Wonder Trade and then make about 100 more eggs to hatch, check out, Wonder Trade, then rinse and repeat. Woohoo! So excited! :)

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Grr...
Shinies just hate me, they HATE me!

Still, no even single shiny can show up! Looking one aboyt whole month

It looks like that gyarados gonna be my only shiny in whole game... ;.; ;.;

Can't even do MM, because i have only two-three boxes left

Last edited: