• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Here's a vid for the unbelievers. I was notified via Serebii IM that I was marked down in reputation on the forum on my Shiny Luxio post. Someone said that my post was
fake...that the Shiny Luxio I found In the FS didn't have 5 max IVs...I know it's super rare, but just watch the vid! 5 Max IVs! Guess I'll post vids in the future for the super rare stuff! Haha!

http://gamebruh.tumblr.com/post/72495368572/heres-a-vid-for-the-unbelievers-i-was-notified <--- VIDEO LINK

[img300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/8351976805134fd3de3751758401fbe7/tumblr_myyyd33eaX1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

That shiny Luxio is amazing! I'm sorry about your rep situation. People will give negative rep for anything. Don't let it get you down. I got negative rep the other day because someone disagreed with my calmly-stated, non-inflammatory personal opinion. Ridiculous.

Anyway, congrats on all of the shinies everyone! I haven't been hunting lately because I just got ACIV and I downloaded Fable on Steam, but my upcoming hunt will probably be a shiny Toxic Spikes/Scald Tentacool. I love using Tentacruel on my competitive team (he's such a cool Pokemon!), and I lost a shiny one in Sapphire. So now seems to be the perfect time to reclaim that shiny. Also, I'd love to see a picture of the shiny Mew! I can't find the post where it was announced.

Abysmal Flames

I still haven't had any RE with shinies, but my story is somewhat premeditated.

I was on the GTS looking for Iron Fists Chimchars so i was literally randomly trading whatever I had for any foreign Chimchar I could find. I ended up getting a 5IV Chimchar with Iron Fists with Fake Out, Thunder Punch, and Fire Punch! So I was super stoked. When I realized that it had 5 IV's, I figured I would use to as often as possible when breeding with compatible pokemon. As a result, I got a competitive 4IV shiny Snease via MMl. Next on the hunting list is Pangoro. I love those red fists for some reason.

Keovix

It's been a while since my last post, I've caught some legendaries in B2 using the shiny charm.

Cresselia (7860 SR)
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/DSCN2304_zps735bb681.jpg

Uxie (628 SR)
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/DSCN2321_zps2740360d.jpg

Azelf (118 SR) My shortest hunt so far
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/DSCN2325_zpsbf079bed.jpg

Mesprit (1967 SR)
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/DSCN2331_zps4546e3fc.jpg

On the other hand I've done 8673 SR in HG and Rayquaza won't shine but I'm confident he will soon :)

Congratulations to everyone on your shinies and good luck on your current hunts :)

backwardinduction

Today I hatched a shiny 4IV roselia about 150-200 eggs into MMing, but its Special Attack IV is imperfect..

Should I keep trying? Or just accept it the way it is?

JoshRJV77

Gonna start focusing on my MM hunt for my bold feebas with egg moves, I've been hatching eggs for a while now but I'm gonna start focusing on it! Not too excited since my MM hunts never seem to work out for me! Lol my very first random encounter shiny ever was a feebas in white 2, female and Bold! It's now a beautiful milotic but I'd like to hatch a kalos native one! So this is one I really want! Wish me luck! And congrats on everyone's shinies!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Today I hatched a shiny 4IV roselia about 150-200 eggs into MMing, but its Special Attack IV is imperfect..

Should I keep trying? Or just accept it the way it is?

if you don't care about ivs i wouldn't care about it missing that sp. attack tbh...Its up to you though if you like to stop :3 If you do care about the ivs go on ahead but if you don't its cool and congrats o your shiny i personally like roserade's shiny :D also forgot to post awhile back ago day after new years day I got a shiny mime jr while hording for a ha carbink which i never got but got my cute little shiny little girl :p

Shiny mime jr video

Nautiluz

Hello guys, I´m new to this shiny breeding stuff, and was wodering where is the best place to get a foreign Ditto with Max IVs to start doing the Masuda Method.
I just can´t find one anywhere and when I find one, people are asking for 5-6 IVs Shinies, which are impossible for me to get to start off without that Ditto.
So yeah, where can I get one ? Would any of you guys be willing to help me out and hook me up with one?

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Hello guys, I´m new to this shiny breeding stuff, and was wodering where is the best place to get a foreign Ditto with Max IVs to start doing the Masuda Method.
I just can´t find one anywhere and when I find one, people are asking for 5-6 IVs Shinies, which are impossible for me to get to start off without that Ditto.
So yeah, where can I get one ? Would any of you guys be willing to help me out and hook me up with one?

the best way to get a foreign ditto is to deposit a ditto on gts and ask for a ditto. i have a couple pokes with good iv, it is much easier my opinion to just get individual parents via wondertrade instead of 1 amazing ditto.

got 3 boxes of seedot eggs boxed so far, oncw i've got 9 boxes i'll start hatchimng, gl everyone!!

excuse me, but does the FS have better shiny rates???

Last edited:

manske90

Just found my old GBA and it's got Crystal sticking out the top, if I choose to use it after all this time is it still viable for SR hunts? I'm unclear on how the internal battery affects this. I had to reset the time when I powered it up. I also have an Emerald version laying around somewhere that I could pop in.

backwardinduction

if you don't care about ivs i wouldn't care about it missing that sp. attack tbh...Its up to you though if you like to stop :3 If you do care about the ivs go on ahead but if you don't its cool and congrats o your shiny i personally like roserade's shiny :D also forgot to post awhile back ago day after new years day I got a shiny mime jr while hording for a ha carbink which i never got but got my cute little shiny little girl :p

Thanks for your advice! After checking its IVs, the shiny roselia has 31/6/31/23/31/31, which makes roserades special attack at level 50 a mere 8 points lower than the maximum for a timid nature, and it can still one shot max HP/special defense rotom-w with its leaf storms, so I'm def using it!

Also the shiny 3IV pawniard I hatched out of the blue without MMing has 31/31/26/7/31/14, and since Bisharp is a sucker punch abuser, I don't mind the lower speed, and the lower defense is very slight. I am a happy pokemaniac tonight!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't posted in awhile, but I just wanted to say that I'm still working on hunting for Tornadus. Or rather, I've actually started to focus more on this hunt, since I haven't gotten a shiny aside from Wingull all of this winter break (yup, I have an entire month off). I do have the shiny charm now thanks to GTS trades, but I've not bothered at all with it yet. I probably won't for awhile since I'll be making a finalized competitive team once the Bank finally comes out, but for now, I've got Tornadus to worry about. I'm not counting though, since I've lost interest in doing that with SR hunts for now. Hopefully it's not too bad, though I've had a very lucky streak with 1/8192 legendaries going.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Some say that Friend Safari shinies have decreased value because they're "easy."

Tell me, what is so easy about a week of hunting and no luck? I believe I am near the 10,000 mark while hunting for Spiritomb, but I have not been keeping track.

Icon4Hire

Pokemon Breeder
Some say that Friend Safari shinies have decreased value because they're "easy."

Tell me, what is so easy about a week of hunting and no luck? I believe I am near the 10,000 mark while hunting for Spiritomb, but I have not been keeping track.

I feel you. Nothing is ever actually easy. Luck does play a role in finding shiny pokemon at the very least a little bit. I'm sure you'll find your shiny friend soon though.

So I've finally decided to hunt for a shiny tyrogue in HG. Having the iv checker makes it easier than in diamond. Only up to 20 eggs but I'm sure that will change quick enough. Good luck to all shiny and potential shiny hunts.

Last edited:

wingman32x

Hatched the rest of my Tyrunt eggs, and it turns out another shiny Tyrunt was hiding in the last box. Naughty nature, above average potential, no perfect IV's.

That's 2 shiny Tyrunt in 150 eggs. This is the second time I've gotten 2 shinies in one batch, the first time was 2 shiny Honedge. These reduced MM odds have made such a huge difference for me this gen.

Probably going to offer one for trade.

Cutty

Forever now
Since my last post I've gotten 3 more shinies:

~ Shiny Clauncher at 76 chain
~ Shiny Quagsire at 1,593 REs on route 14 (Prefer other shinies actually) :/
~ Shiny Poliwhirl at 10 chain (Prefer Barboach)

I'm lazy to upload poliwhirl pic as I got the shiny already in SS.

Claucher is my third kalos shinies after Froakie and Amaura...
[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12-29211936_zpsda8ae367.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-06225500_zps8eff2d9f.jpg[/IMG139]

I prefer Carnivine, Skorupi or Goomy...
[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-06225711_zps85cc903a.jpg[/IMG139]

Also I decided to do Badge Quest now I'm already more than half way w/ 9 shinies caught in the game (wait, its more than 8), but I chose only those 5 that are worthy enough for a BQ, so so far:

Badge 1: Shiny Froakie 1,964 SRs
Badge 2: Shiny Charmander 1,157 SRs
Badge 3: Shiny Amaura 7,544 SRs
Badge 4: Shiny Oddish 1,097 REs
Badge 5: Shiny Claucher 76 chain (I know chain fishing is easy but not easy to get to 76 or 120 for my shiny Clamperl).
Badge 6: I already got badge 6 actually but I'm still hunting for the shiny for it on route 16 for shiny Klefki (1,200 REs so far).

And for badge 7 and 8 I'm gonna MM and RE in hordes...

Good luck & congrats on new shinies :)

GrayFire503

Advanced Breeder
I just got a Shiny Masquerain. Its brave and likes to thrash about perfect attack and speed ivs. This is my first shiny of the new year, my last shiny was a Shiny Aipom on December 29th, 2013. Alice, aka Masqerain's nickname, is my 51st shiny and I couldn't be any happier. I'm also new to serebii forums so I will start posting more shiny news as I keep hunting in X. Good luck to everyone on your current hunts. Happy Hunting.

;284;

Please message me your friend codes if you want my friend safari

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I just got a Shiny Masquerain. Its brave and likes to thrash about perfect attack and speed ivs. This is my first shiny of the new year, my last shiny was a Shiny Aipom on December 29th, 2013. Alice, aka Masqerain's nickname, is my 51st shiny and I couldn't be any happier. I'm also new to serebii forums so I will start posting more shiny news as I keep hunting in X. Good luck to everyone on your current hunts. Happy Hunting.

;284;

Please message me your friend codes if you want my friend safari

Congrats! Welcome to the forums ;)

ArdhiS

OH MY GOD, after only 290 i hatched another shiny, and its a shiny treecko :D
im really happy because i already prepare for a long hunt like my espurr hunt before :D
will post the picture ASAP :D :D
congrars on your recent shiny and good luck on your hunt everyone :) :)

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Not sure if this is dumb luck or what, but I hatched a shiny Ralts while trying to get one with good Nature, IVs, and ability. :)

It's Timid, has 4 x 31 IVs in HP, Def, SpAtt, and SpDef, with Trace.

This is the 2nd Shiny I've gotten without even trying to get one.

The 1st was a Modest Charmander with 4 x 31 IVs. :)