• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
So finally, after about 1851 eggs, my shiny Skiddo hatches!

LFeN0Aq.jpg

She's got a 5IV spread of 31/31/31/xx/31/31, which I'm very happy with! She also clearly needs a better nickname, I'm just not sure what to call her yet.
I've got about 155 more eggs to hatch, so we'll see if another one pops up. Oh, right, I guess that also means community hunt complete!

Congrats to everyone who's gotten a shiny and good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:

EmpressMyuu

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've visited this thread, but there honestly hasn't been much new on my front ever since catching Magikarp. However, shiny Skrelp has evolved now and I was also traded a shiny Paras :) Congrats to all recent shinies and here's hoping I find my own first shiny of the year soon!

I have abandoned my count on the amount of eggs that it is taking me to hatch this stupid shiny Eevee. I should be around the 700 or even the 800 mark by this point...

I just figure that when it comes, it will come. And no matter what kind of stats it has, it will become a Sylveon. Any nickname ideas for it? I've thought of Silphy and Ribbon, but only if it turns out to be a male or female respectively.

Anyway, that's aside the point. I'll probably look for a third shiny Phantump later. This one will be given to my friend in return for a shiny Pumpkaboo, because he really wants a shiny Trevenant and I really want a shiny Gourgeist.

Good luck to you all!

Oh wow, what a day. I was breeding Pokebank Pokemon to trade and the first egg that hatched was a Shiny Buneary, something I've wanted since I gave my one from Diamond to a friend. x33
Her name is Valerie and she shall be my fluffy cotton candy bunny thing.

Then, while training a bunch of Pokemon for the Pokedex, a Shiny Spinda appears!
I named him Moran, because Dylan Moran.

Strange, I've been on a Shiny drought for a while. Only yesterday I started tipping again because I've been hatching boxes full of Cyndaquil with no luck and then bam, two shinies.
Maybe tipping does work? Or it's just a coincidence. xD

Well done on the shinies, everyone. All that hard work on IV breeding too, wow!

And good luck on your Shiny Eevee, ManaphyEmuritto23!

HeathFOLK

My only Shinies to date are in Pokemon X. I started the game and after saving a deciding I'd quit in Santalune Forest I ran into my first shiny, Shiny Pikachu carrying a Light Ball. He's now a Raichu and part of my team. My second and last shiny was encountered in Reflection Cave in a horde. My shiny Mime Jr. is now a Mr. Mime and part of my team as well.

Drayle88

Ghost Trainer
If I have 4 eggs, from a Jap and Spn parents, and I hatch them. If I reload the game and hatch them again, is there a chance of me getting a shiny like this?

Icon4Hire

Pokemon Breeder
If I have 4 eggs, from a Jap and Spn parents, and I hatch them. If I reload the game and hatch them again, is there a chance of me getting a shiny like this?

No. You'd have to save before you get the eggs. Iv's, nature, and shininess are all determined as soon as you pick up the egg. The ability too of course.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***

No. If you reset and re-hatch after collecting the eggs they'll be the same every time. Their stats are determined when they're collected and they'll never be shiny no matter how many resets you do.

Ah, great, can't get my hands on 5 IV foreign Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja with protean to breed for a 5 IV shiny so...yes...no MM here.
What are the odds for hatching a shiny without MM? Looks like I'll have to get it the hard way.

It is possible to hatch a shiny without MMing. But you'll be up against the full 1/4000-something odds, so it'll probably take you forever and a day to get one.

My first hatch for purrloin has ended, and there was no shiny to be found in this batch. Once I've released the rejects and gotten my daily running around done, I'll be back on Route 3 to collect the next batch of eggs. My White 2 RE hunt is up to 4400 REs... Would be more, but I got drafted to run errands for my father and then my other DS's battery ran out.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Grr...
Shinies just hate me, they HATE me!

Still, no even single shiny can show up! Looking one aboyt whole month

It looks like that gyarados gonna be my only shiny in whole game... ;.; ;.;

Can't even do MM, because i have only two-three boxes left

How many boxes do you have, because it seems wild to me that you could only have 2-3 boxes left.

-------------------------------------

Also, been reading about this negative reputation about the Shiny Luxio with 5 perfect IV's. The very fact that all Friend Safari Pokemon have at least 3 perfect IV's to begin with means that whilst not easy, it is by no means as difficult as finding wild 5 IV'd Pokemon has been in the past. So i say congrats to you on finding such a wondrous Shiny Luxio, and to the naysayer/s, how about you just do a tiny bit of research before giving someone negative reputation. It saves you the embarrassment of looking a right fool.

Last edited:

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
How many boxes do you have, because it seems wild to me that you could only have 2-3 boxes left.

-------------------------------------

Also, been reading about this negative reputation about the Shiny Luxio with 5 perfect IV's. The very fact that all Friend Safari Pokemon have at least 3 perfect IV's to begin with means that whilst not easy, it is by no means as difficult as finding wild 5 IV'd Pokemon has been in the past. So i say congrats to you on finding such a wondrous Shiny Luxio, and to the naysayer/s, how about you just do a tiny bit of research before giving someone negative reputation. It saves you the embarrassment of looking a right fool.

Friend Safari pokemon are guaranteed 2 flawless IVs. It's pokemon in the No Eggs group that have 3.
Also that was a fantastic Luxio that he came across.

Anyway, someone wouldn't happen to have a Meowth they'd be willing to part with, would they?
I want to try MMing one to reclaim my lost first shiny from all those years ago when Silver was released. I'd try to grab one off the GTS but I don't have the option to search for it.
If not I'm going to continue SRing for Virizion.

----
Do you mean you want Meowth on Gen V?

Gen VI, actually.

Obviously i hate to question that, but are you certain they only have 2 flawless IV's, as every single one of my 30+ FS Shiny Pokemon have 3 flawless IV's at least.

I realize the main site says "appears" to have 2 flawless IV's, but since all mine had 3 i have assumed that was incorrect, unless of course, someone has caught a 2 flawless IV'd Pokemon from the FS?

You've been quite lucky, then! Most of the shinies I've caught there have only had 2 flawless IVs.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Anyway, someone wouldn't happen to have a Meowth they'd be willing to part with, would they?
I want to try MMing one to reclaim my lost first shiny from all those years ago when Silver was released. I'd try to grab one off the GTS but I don't have the option to search for it.

Do you mean you want Meowth on Gen V?

My Sneasel Trolls

Sneasel Is Life
I love me some shiny Zorua and Zoroarks.
Something about the blue coloration makes it look more sinister than it did before.
Same goes for Darkrai and other Dark Types with a similar shiny color scheme.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Friend Safari pokemon are guaranteed 2 flawless IVs. It's pokemon in the No Eggs group that have 3.
Also that was a fantastic Luxio that he came across.

----

Gen VI, actually.

Obviously i hate to question that, but are you certain they only have 2 flawless IV's, as every single one of my 30+ FS Shiny Pokemon have 3 flawless IV's at least.

I realize the main site says "appears" to have 2 flawless IV's, but since all mine had 3 i have assumed that was incorrect, unless of course, someone has caught a 2 flawless IV'd Pokemon from the FS?

Last edited:

Buttons

Mountain Trainer

90% of the ones I have caught have been 2IV.

I can make a baby one for you. Send a PM

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I was hunting for a shiny Espurr in the Friend Safari yesterday but then I decided to leave so I can clear my boxes and EV train my Fletchling. I returned to a different Safari to look for a Magic Bounce Xatu for Horde battles and I ended up finding a Shiny one instead! I didn't find a Magic Bounce Xatu though so I just decided to evolve one of my HA Eevees instead.

maldoror

While Horde EV training last night, I found a shiny female Nidoran (Community Hunt Complete). My luck with hordes lately has been ridiculous. I now have a beautiful Nidoking and Nidoqueen couple.

kayteemae

Hit To Key
Trying out some horde hunting today to take a break from hatching Eevee eggs, hopefully I'll find a shiny Mareep!

Congrats on all the recent shiny Pokemon guys and well done to everyone who's completed the CH. Good luck to anyone still hunting, your Pokemon will shine soon!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

On the 360th egg into my Furfrou hunt, a shiny hatched. I'm so happy right now. He's male with an Adamant nature and 31/31/31/X/X/31 IVs. I think he inherited his father's special defence EV which is 6 I think but I don't care. He inherited all 4 of the other IVs I wanted. Now to nickname him and EV train him for my Battle Maison team.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Scrufox86

Congratulations to maldoror on nidoran , Greedy Chibi on Furfrou and anyone else on new shinies!

Well just an update. No new shinies yet. I have been hatching Froakie eggs I had stored a while ago but only got around to hatching the last few as I have been busy with friend safari hunting. Well I hatched one more Froakie box and no shiny. I have 2 boxes left, one Froakie box and one Furfrou box of eggs but I have put that on hold as I am now in a bug friend safari. I am going to try going round different type safaris and getting a shiny from each. So far I have done fire, water, dragon and normal. And I will try to fit in some more MMing and evolving some of those FS shinies I have wanted for a while.

Good luck to everyone on their shiny hunts!

Lugia12

Finally, after 800ish tries i got my shiny Mienshao!

Adamant Nature and [31,31,31,0,31,31]

So happy right now ;)

Attachments

• 620.png
    620.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 20