• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Growlie19

First shiny of the New Year (that I didn't trade for)! I was doing horde battles to farm Pickup items when a glorious golden Swablu appeared! It has a Lax nature with perfect Special Defense. I named her Altocumulus due to it being a cloud and having an alto voice. Congrats to everyone else that found shinies!

I caught another shiny Mawile in a Steel-type Safari this morning. Like the one I captured before, it is a female with a Lonely nature. However, this one has the ability of Hyper Cutter, while the one I captured before has Intimidate.

Also, the one I just captured has Trubbish for IV's, save it's HP and Defense. I think the IV spread is 31/0-3/31/7/9/0,2 or something really pitiful like that. Ironically, the Quick Ball that I threw at it on the first turn didn't work, so it hit my Talonflame with Feint Attack and got burned from Flame Body. I was in an intense state of panic, hoping that I would capture it before the burn took it's toll. Two Repeat Balls and one Timer Ball later, I caught it.

Funny how I was panicking over capturing it, yet it ended up having some of the worst stats. Then again, a shiny is a shiny. Maybe I'll find a better one sometime soon. A shiny Klefki would be nice, too. And dare I mention shiny Eevee?!

Good luck to you all on your shiny hunts!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG OMG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!

You guys are not gonna believe what happened to me last night.

So I was skyping with one of my really good friends from here and she told me she was looking for a shiny Braixen and I had a Braixen friend safari so I thought what the hell, I'll try to find her one. I had heard from Marriland that tipping helps you find shines so I tipped 1000 dollars at a restaurant and went on my way. Lo and behold, about an hour later, shiny Braixen appears, now I was flipping out cuz this was my first shiny since a shiny Zubat in fire red. So I put Braixen in my party and decided to try for another shiny. I went into my Frogadier safari and was shocked as **** to find a shiny Frogadier(with Protean ^_^), about 30 minutes later. At this point as you could imagine, I was freaking the **** out. So I put Frogadier in my party and thought why don't I try to complete my trio, so I went into my Quilladin safari and as if by some magic ****, an hour and a half later, I found a shiny Quilladin(a girl too lol). At this point I was legit losing my ****. So I started skyping with my friend to tell her the good news and she was like shocked lol.

Long story short I went to sleep with the biggest ****ing grin on my face last night :).

JoshRJV77

Booo Feebas, booo! I have hatched over 1,500 eggs of these ugly fishes and still nothing. This must be the price of trying to obtain the epitome of beauty, that is shiny Milotic.

Not much else to say, but gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone. :]

Also hatching feebas.... I'm getting sick of seeing them! Lol good luck though!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I have not been on here for a while, no shinies found since I was last on here. This is how my hunts are going though. I'm at 1400 Fossils restored, SRing 100 at a time in Y. Here are the numbers of each fossil, 24 Helix, 25 Dome, 7 Amber, 10 Armor, 10 Skull, 13 Cover, and 11 Plume. In HG for BQ #5 I'm at 5420 REs. Finally a new addition, B2 with 480SRs for shiny Oshawatt. Congrats to all the caught shinies after my last post and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
OMG OMG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!

You guys are not gonna believe what happened to me last night.

So I was skyping with one of my really good friends from here and she told me she was looking for a shiny Braixen and I had a Braixen friend safari so I thought what the hell, I'll try to find her one. I had heard from Marriland that tipping helps you find shines so I tipped 1000 dollars at a restaurant and went on my way. Lo and behold, about an hour later, shiny Braixen appears, now I was flipping out cuz this was my first shiny since a shiny Zubat in fire red. So I put Braixen in my party and decided to try for another shiny. I went into my Frogadier safari and was shocked as **** to find a shiny Frogadier(with Protean ^_^), about 30 minutes later. At this point as you could imagine, I was freaking the **** out. So I put Frogadier in my party and thought why don't I try to complete my trio, so I went into my Quilladin safari and as if by some magic ****, an hour and a half later, I found a shiny Quilladin(a girl too lol). At this point I was legit losing my ****. So I started skyping with my friend to tell her the good news and she was like shocked lol.

Long story short I went to sleep with the biggest ****ing grin on my face last night :).

...I think I am going to tip the next person I see with 1,000 dollars...next time I find myself going to the friend safari.

--

So, I got board and started hatching the three boxes of Pichu, felling that it held something in it...
Still nothing. -_- 490, and still nothing. Ah well, I'll hatch 10 more to make 500.
Because 150 eggs would take a little to much, I guess I'll stock up 100 so it can go faster and count easier.

Now...to finally get that Hatching O-Power...and maybe even the Oval Charm...^^; I think things would go quicker if I did that, hu?
...But man...It...it feels a little more than I would think. I am missing...about 39 Pokemon in the Pokedex...not...that much, right?
So, until I see all of them and snatch up that O-Power, I'll get back to Pichu...
After the next 10 eggs. xD

Congratulations to everyone who received their new Shiny Pokemon the last time I posted, and good luck to all who are hunting [I am sorry for you guys who lost your shinies, by the way]
I hope you all have, you guessed it, a Fantastic Day!
~Misty

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
...I think I am going to tip the next person I see with 1,000 dollars...next time I find myself going to the friend safari.
Congratulations.

Thanks :). And ya, I recommend it. It's not a confirmed method or anything cuz we still don't know wtf tipping is for but it seems to work lol.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Thanks :). And ya, I recommend it. It's not a confirmed method or anything cuz we still don't know wtf tipping is for but it seems to work lol.

Well that and FS rates are like 1/700 or thereabouts, so luck abounds in there :D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well that and FS rates are like 1/700 or thereabouts, so luck abounds in there :D

Ya but three in a day?? Much less the three that you actually wanted?? That's like a miracle lol.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Community Hunt Complete x2! So I was still in the process of IV breeding, when this little bugger hatched! Timid, 4 egg moves and perfect IVs in HP, SpA and Spe! Couldn't have asked for much more for an unintentional shiny. Back to IV breeding more for trades. Good luck and congrats all!

EmpressMyuu

My shiny drought finally ended today! Well, part of that drought was my fault from being too sick before to feel like playing ^_^;; but anyway, yesterday I decided to start searching for a Poliwag so I could have a shiny Poliwrath as well as a shiny Politoed. I thought it would never show up. I fished such a long time for it yesterday (including a broken chain from "Nothing seems to be biting". I was doing everything right and still hit that 0.001% chance of Suction Cups failing Dx). But just after midnight I found a shiny Poliwag, which is now a Poliwrath :) so there it is, my first wild-caught shiny of the new year.

Here's hoping I find one of my big targets like Noibat very soon!

TaurosRicardo

Ran into a shiny Wingull in a horde battle while looking for Sheer Force Tauros. I don't know how getting shinys work, but I was mad about the shiny Wingull. I was MM for a shiny Ralts and I took a small break to get the Tauros. And now I think that if I continued hatching I would have gotten a shiny Ralts instead of getting a shiny Wingull.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ran into a shiny Wingull in a horde battle while looking for Sheer Force Tauros. I don't know how getting shinys work, but I was mad about the shiny Wingull. I was MM for a shiny Ralts and I took a small break to get the Tauros. And now I think that if I continued hatching I would have gotten a shiny Ralts instead of getting a shiny Wingull.

I feel like that too sometimes, but fortunately, that's not how statistics work. :) Congrats on the Wingull!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Lol getting ANY shiny pokemon is awesome. I would be quite happy with a shiny Wingull.

Anyways, so Frogadier and Quilladin just evolved(gave the Braixen to my friend who wanted it) and they both look so cool <3!!!

Shiny Greninja looks so badass it's not even funny.

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
I found my first shiny of the year this morning, a Shiny Stunky while looking for shiny Nidoran; and frankly, I knocked one Pokemon out and wasn't paying attention the next turn, and selected the empty slot for my attack. It hit the shiny Stunky instead.

Sehjenkai

JUST HATCHED MY PERFECT 5 IV TIMID SHINY CHARMANDER WITH SOLAR POWER!!! 3 boxes in and THIS CONFIRMS my theory!!! soooooo happy right now!!! :D:D:D:D

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Lol getting ANY shiny pokemon is awesome. I would be quite happy with a shiny Wingull.

Anyways, so Frogadier and Quilladin just evolved(gave the Braixen to my friend who wanted it) and they both look so cool <3!!!

Shiny Greninja looks so badass it's not even funny.

You probably shouldn't post so much :), especially since you're posting just in reply to people which you can do over VM/PM/or you can edit your original post, like you posted four times on this page but only offered information about your hunts/shinies on one post.

Anyway I've been lazily hunting the past few days so I haven't made much progress. I'm at 2,000 sr's for a Kalos starter and 3,750 sr's for eevee for my badge quest target.

I managed to snag a Japanese Ditto and I'm going to trade that to Platinum and hopefully mm a piplup though I'm still debating about that.

I'm not sure what pokemon I should go after eevee? Any suggestions? I already have Typhlosion, Nidorina, Bellsprout.

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone, particularly all the people suffering through long hunts!

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I just traded over a fennekin from my x that's in Japanese to my y that's in English for the masuda method. Nothing yet at 20 eggs.

Gilardino

Does anyone know if a korean ditto works to breed with a European pokemon?
I'm 1600 MM eggs in on my trevenant hunt, and still no shiny. I know this happens a lot, but would be nice to have it confirmed.