• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
congrats to Romanticide on cyndaquil, professorj15 on klefki, wartortle, clamperl, corsala, skrelp, and pikachu CPchris on koffing, you'll get that growlithe one day! congrats to the Benmeister on sandile, Forsaken Greninja on basculin, veranus_komodoensis on todadile, Crimson Penguin on gurdurr, Grayfire503 on fraxure, Birds of Paradise on gabite, SheroGH on froakie(2 egg@ wow@), SAmus_Aran on spriyzee i want one :p, Dewy911p on chrubi, Laurelai on totadile u will get that larvitar!! bad luck to CallMyName pm kirlia...try using shadow tag/mean look/block, elorasheppard on rattata, *IZ* on clamperl and shelfer, Jonah white on charmander, Sxips on alomola,wiscash, basculins and sharpedo,

congtays a;so to princeB on meditite,npotaytoe on trapinchx4 and camerupt, mays on metang/excadrill, neji=and=pidgeot on seaking, bulbasaur3 on roggenrola, TheMaster327 on cranidos, radjess331 on noibat and clawitzer scruffox86 on butterfree, sealotic on pumpkaboo, Lexsuicune on rotom, MimiSkitty on Solrock, ZekromMaster826 on absol, Gligari on noibat, The Mighty Tuma on snorunt aunny pheonix on sawsbuck, pman11 on on ponyta

woo awesome job everyone! so, o jusy found out that i have a six iv japanese weaville, which i am now breeding with my new dw woobat for mm! stored 4 boxes so far, hope it shines soon!!

goofluck everyone!

Dangertrout

Shiny breeders, I'm trying to MM both Charmander and Espurr at the same time, tell me, can we hatch eggs one at a time to hatch one, or just store them in the boxes and hatch them? Because I think the way I'm doing... (Hatching one by one,) is wrong...

BTW, at 78 eggs for Charmander, and 2 for Espurr.

There is no "wrong" way, but I like to collect boxes of eggs and hatch them later. Mainly because hatching eggs is something I can do while I work :p
I collect ~700 at a time, which usually nets me a shiny or two, a box of flawless pokemon and 8 to 10 boxes of outstanding spitbacks to wonder trade.
The only problem with this method is the time it takes to clean up after all the hatching >.<

Working on Honedge now, collecting eggs is going much faster with the Oval Charm I got yesterday ^_^

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
So, after finally getting my 5IV Female Eevee to breed with my Japanese 4IV one for my Eevee MM last night, I began collecting eggs this morning. After filling 5 boxes, I began hatching...

And would you believe it, on just the 22nd egg, a beautiful white Eevee popped out. I could hardly believe it (and believe me if I hadn't been so tired I would've most likely been jumping around :p). I suppose technically it could be counted as more than 22 eggs as I used a couple of Japanese Ditto when breeding for my 5IV female, but it was 22 eggs into the proper hunt using said female and the Japanese male I have so I'm counting it as that. Never thought I'd have an MM hunt that quick, but so happy. :)

It's Modest as I made sure, and has IVs of 31/xx/31/31/xx/31. Shame about the Sp. Defence, but 4IVs is still amazing, and it's got the Sp. Attack which is the main one I wanted as it's going to be an offensive Sylveon anyway. So very happy with this. :)

So far I've hatched two boxes, got another 3 to hatch now. Kind of annoying when that happens but still, I'm sure to get a few nice 5IV ones I can train or trade later, can probably turn a couple into a very nice Espeon and Vaporeon, so that's something. Always a possibility for a second shiny too I suppose, in which case my friend who's been wanting a shiny Eevee will be getting a present, but that's unlikely anyway so...

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector

FarFromFreedom

< Most recent shiny
I just beat my Y version today, and I went into my friend safaris to get the pokemon all set up and such. The first dragon safari I walked into, the very first pokemon to pop up was a shiny noibat. ^^ Male, Infiltrator, bold nature, IVs are 31/x/x/31/x/x. <3

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I just beat my Y version today, and I went into my friend safaris to get the pokemon all set up and such. The first dragon safari I walked into, the very first pokemon to pop up was a shiny noibat. ^^ Male, Infiltrator, bold nature, IVs are 31/x/x/31/x/x. <3

Congratulations, On beating your Y version and being a lucky son of a gun!!!

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Congratz on all the recent shinies as there has been alot since my last post.
Since I have started to get into the competitive scene of pokemon for the first time in any Gen I haven't had much inspiration for shiny hunting but when I left my hunts that looked like this.

Charmander: around 300-350 eggs
Marill: 50 eggs

I'm not very far into any hunts but that's OK I will eventually return to hunting.
Again, congratz on all the recent sparkles and to those still hunting...
*May the shine be with you!*

FarFromFreedom

< Most recent shiny
Good luck on your hunts, Ipodcheese, and thanks for the congradulations, wbartholomy. <33

I'm still going through FS's, and just a minute ago, I found another random shiny. A female cascoon which is now a Dustox. <33 Impish, shield dust, x/31/x/x/31/x Iv's. Named the pretty girl Ginger. <3 I swear, my luck in Y so far is INSANE. I guess it makes up for the god awful luck I've been having in X lately. <3

Good luck to all those currently hunting!

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Just found a Shiny in one of my Friend Safaris: A Shiny Frogadier! :)

Too bad it doesn't have Protean, though. But I'm glad with the fact that all but one of it's stats are at least 20 or higher, with Attack and SpAtt being 31 each. :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Contrats to FarfromFreedom on Noibat, and to everyone else on the previous pages! I read all of your posts and it's inspiring to see so many shinies!

Two shinies in one weekend! This is crazy!

Today, I was in a Normal Friend Safari with Chansey, because I needed to evolve Sandshrew into Sandslash. This is the same Safari that I got shiny Kecleon in. On my third encounter in the Safari, a shiny Aipom appears! He's a Bashful male with his Hidden Ability, Skill Link, and has perfect IVs in Sp. Def and Speed. I'm okay with a neutral nature, since it doesn't hinder a useful stat on him. Unfortunately, the only thing that I would want to use Ambipom for competitively is to use Beat Up on Terrakion in a Double battle to increase its Attack by 5 stages, since it has Justified, and Aipom only learns Beat Up through breeding. Oh well. Can anyone else think of a competitive use for this Aipom?

It's funny that I've gotten two out of three shinies available in this Safari, but not the one that I really wanted, which is Chansey!

Here he is! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him yet, but I love his color scheme!

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2247_zps48fe06ed.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
After about 600 or 700 so eggs (yeah, I don't keep count), got myself my shiny Taillow!

Rather typically, it was the last egg I hatched before I was going to stop for the night. Had some Immortal Technique playing as it hatched, apparently blaring Hip Hop coaxes out shinies. 31/x/31/x/31/31 IVs, pretty good, could've done with perfect Attack but I'll most certainly take it.

jesz_

Stay Sassy
First RE shiny of my Y game today ^__^
I was catching female shuppets, looking for a good IV cursed body to use for a daycare parent. Caught 20, and number 21 came up shiny.

Lax nature
Cursed Body
x/31/31/x/0/x

Shiny_Shuppet.jpg

I really wanted a shiny Banette, so I couldn't be happier :3

Congratulations to everybody who has gotten shinies... My Mudkip MM hunt is now at 1200 eggs and I haven't gotten a shiny. However, when I was in the friend safari today looking for a female protean Frogadier, I got a shiny timid Wartortle with rain dish and perfect iv's in attack and speed!

JoshRJV77

5000 REs and still no shiny in route 32 (heart gold) I'm just hoping when my luck turns around it will be a shiny mareep, although knowing my luck it won't be! Lol congrats to everyone on the recent shinies!!

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
Last edited:

Sealotic

Oh my god! I spent the day REing in a ghost friend safari and earlier, I've found a second Pumpkaboo, modest female which is cool, but not usefull, but I don't really care! I might evolve it and that just brings again my idea of doing the Kalos Shiny Challenge, the challenge one of the shiny hunter of this thread is doing (it seems so cool!)

So, the previous ''oh my god'' wasn't for the Pumpkaboo, but for the Shiny Spiritomb I just caught!

I finally got the Fire Friend Safari I wanted, so I will surely start this hunt soon, but first I need to finish my Fish chain hunt since it is suppose to be easy and my MM hunt for Milotic because these are pretty old hunts that I wanted to do and I must do this!

Good luck with your hunts guys!

Hm, I don't know if someone is interested in a Shiny Trevenant? I tried the Shiny Trade thread, but there are so many IV'd shiny and my Trevenant isn't IV trained of anything, so I don't get any answers. If someone wants it just PM me with your shiny offer!

Alfred Jones

Cryptic thoughts
I RECLAIMED MY CYNDAQUILLLLLLLLL

It hatched on egg 235!

Careful nature, but I don't care, seriously, I reclaimed the little fire mouse I got in Heartgold looking for a female, and I am so happy

Scrufox86

Oh My.... wow I have a double whammy! I was hunting in friend safari again a few hours ago and I only had two of the pokemon available as the person hasn't been online to unlock the third and I captured a shiny Mawile! It was the one I wanted more out of the two because of mega evolving and mega mawile is great. Well as I am intending on going through all 18 types of friend safari to get at least one shiny from all of them I then chose grass as my next one. An hour after my shiny Mawile I find a shiny.... Oddish! lol and the other two choices were Ivysaur or Quilladin but I already have three shiny bulbasaur on gen V games and a shiny Chespin on X. The only thing is I have a certain number of shiny Gloom on gen IV games from pokeradar so I may keep this as an Oddish but I checked the nature and it has Modest! I wasn't using a synchronizer. The two perfect IVs are HP and Speed though. And If I did evolve it I probably would choose Bellossom for appearance but if for battle use possibly Vileplume would be better due to typing?

Well anyway congratulations to all new shinies and good luck shiny hunting everyone!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
So I took a break from hunting to breed some Pokemon, and today I randomly hatched a shiny Starly!

Both of the parents I used are from my game so this is regular odds! I can't believe how lucky I got :]] She got the hidden ability, Reckless, but the IVs aren't too hot 31/x/31/31/x/x but I don't really care, non-Masuda egg shinies don't come around often so it'll still be really special to me. :]

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! *Throws luck at Cpchris* Growlithe better shine next! >.<