• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

elorasheppard

Congrats to Hells Envoy Jonah White, PrinceB, Bulbasaur3, TheMaster327, LexSuicune, MimiSkitty, Zekromaster826, The Mighty Tuma, yoshi007, The Benmeister, PrinceB, Alfred Jones, Supremacy, pokemaster13, Crimson Penguin, wingman32x, jrmftw and dan2point5 (long list!!)

Well my assignments are done for the month (does victory dance) so I spent yesterday doing properly catching up on my hunts. Im now at 300 eggs for spearow, hunting in a fire friend safari and I was hunting in Floccessy ranch for Mareep but yesterday after 2492 encounters, I came across a female Pidove! Which is cool as I have a male Tranquill saved on my white ready for bank so now I can have a male and female unfezant.

I have now decided that id rather horde hunt for mareep in Y at some point so Ive decided to join CPChris and Cyberra at the Virbank complex as I don't have any of those shinies and I didnt like that the ranch has no double grass. I really want a magnemite tho, so hopefully my added presence will finally get chris his Growlithe!

Btw @Sealotic, I have chained and caught 35 out of the 38 CF pokemon (dratini line is too rare) with no issue at all, but I cant chain/pokeradar to save my life as my highest ever was 7! In addition I have spent many hours in the friend safari and have yet to meet anything. So its all a matter of perspective. Ive always been jealous of the people that can chain :)

Anyways good luck to all hunters and sorry for the long post. For those on long hunts, keep at it!

Last edited:

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Why did I ever think that a Nuzlocke Badgequest was a good idea? As game it's fun, but I decided to write it out as fiction on the side and how on earth am I going to write out how a 10 year old's pokemon just got killed without going emo. @__@

Lost my Gyarados to a wild Wobbufet. I'm going to have one horridly hard time with just Swoobat, Swalot and Vivillon.. I wonder where I should hunt for a new shiny now. I've just gotten my 3rd badge. Was surfing in hopes of Tentacool, Lapras or Mantyke, I haven't picked up Lapras yet so I could SR for that. But honestly, I just spend 20 days SRing in the Glittercave to get Swoobat. XD; I don't think I'm ready for another SR session.

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
MM'd my 13th shiny while I was breeding for some new pokes when I hatched a shiny Squirtle~!~
It is Modest with 31/xx/31/31/xx/31 And it has Aura sphere, Dragon Pulse, Fake Out and Aqua Jet! Half the set is going to be changed but I wanted options lol

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
This is messed up. All you guys get shinies without trying in the friend safari and I have spent 5 hours today, and 2 hours a day for the past week to try to get a shiny ivysaur. I have not encountered a shiny at all in the FS. I am really getting frustrated.

Well It took me over two weeks of hunting 3 to 4 hours a day to get a shiny in there. It was also my first shiny in 16 months, I tried to get shinies most of that time also. Patience is the greatest asset for a skilled hunter. Just wait it will come.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Why did I ever think that a Nuzlocke Badgequest was a good idea? As game it's fun, but I decided to write it out as fiction on the side and how on earth am I going to write out how a 10 year old's pokemon just got killed without going emo. @__@

As much as I shouldn't, I must point out that "emo" has nothing to do with what you think it means. It's more of a music term. I don't like how people use it because it has nothing to do with...lets just say "feelings of self-hurting". To something a bit helpful; you could just say it was something they couldn't quite understand why it was happening. They may have thought the death of any pokemon wasn't able to happen until it happened...if you catch my drift.

Apologies for the nitpick, it bugs me too much.

Anyways, I began hunting in Petalburg Woods. I'm hoping for Taillow, Slakoth or Shroomish, but anything would be perfectly fine. The battery is dead but I know from crashandcortex that it DEFINITELY works :p
I'm at 235 REs there.

As for other hunts...Mawile on Y in Glittering Cave is at 500 SRs, whilst Giratina is at 23,450 SRs. That is getting ridiculous , I tell you. I'll pull through it though, if I do 50 SR sessions quite often. Hoping to reach the odds soon again!

Congrats on the recent shinies, particularly dan2point5 on Ho-oh! What a wonderful shiny.

I was just IV breeding Froakies and a shiny popped up. However, I'm annoyed, as I didn't have an ever stone equipped, so my new shiny is impish. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I bring Shiny news...but not of myself.

My mother was looking about to get items, and she runs into a beautiful purple Spritzee. Just...runs into one.
My sister also got a Shiny Fish...but she is still butt sore and saying that she doesn't have a shiny. Bla Bla Bla. *~* She can be annoying...

As for me...well...I haven't started hunting, and I chose to hunt a Deino instead of a Wurmple for now. Though...I want to try to make it competitive, too (like how I'll be doing the same with my Vivillion at some point)

...This will be fun. o3o

Congrats to everyone who got a shiny, and good luck to everyone hunting.

*IZ*

Well It took me over two weeks of hunting 3 to 4 hours a day to get a shiny in there. It was also my first shiny in 16 months, I tried to get shinies most of that time also. Patience is the greatest asset for a skilled hunter. Just wait it will come.

Did you encounter any shinys in that FS before getting your shiny noivern, or are you like me and it just took a while

Artnerd

Insane Artist
As much as I shouldn't, I must point out that "emo" has nothing to do with what you think it means. It's more of a music term. I don't like how people use it because it has nothing to do with...lets just say "feelings of self-hurting". To something a bit helpful; you could just say it was something they couldn't quite understand why it was happening. They may have thought the death of any pokemon wasn't able to happen until it happened...if you catch my drift.

Apologies for the nitpick, it bugs me too much.

Anyways, I began hunting in Petalburg Woods. I'm hoping for Taillow, Slakoth or Shroomish, but anything would be perfectly fine. The battery is dead but I know from crashandcortex that it DEFINITELY works :p
I'm at 235 REs there.

As for other hunts...Mawile on Y in Glittering Cave is at 500 SRs, whilst Giratina is at 23,450 SRs. That is getting ridiculous , I tell you. I'll pull through it though, if I do 50 SR sessions quite often. Hoping to reach the odds soon again!

Congrats on the recent shinies, particularly dan2point5 on Ho-oh! What a wonderful shiny.

Sorry, I just meant it as emotional.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Did you encounter any shinys in that FS before getting your shiny noivern, or are you like me and it just took a while
I encountered no shinies in the FS or any shinies in the year of 2013 total even with numerous MM hunts and Latias SRs. And none in 2014 up to that point. It was my first shiny in Y, and in the friend safari.

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Well, I haven't posted here since last year, haha.

My first shiny of the year: A shiny Scraggy! :)

Scraggy was the first pokemon out of x and y that wasn't caught by chain fishing/friend safari. So I feel pretty accomplished.

He has a mild nature, and the ability moxie.

Congrats everyone else on shinies. :)

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I gave up on my Kangaskhan hunt after 64 eggs. I wanted to try a Mega Kangaskhan in the Battle Maison so I just EVd one I hatched with 31/31/31/X/31/31 instead of waiting till I got a shiny. Changing my hunt to Swampert now. Hopefully I can stick with this hunt. I've been really indecisive about which shiny I want to go for recently.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congrats on all those awesome shinies! I haven't checked up here in a while
-----------------
After a month of nonstop mming for a shiny vulpix and yet nothing. It's like this little gokden fox never wants to shine :'( after getting sick of this long hunt I Went into a psychic safari and under 20 re's I've got myself a shiny gothorita.

Everyone good luck on those shiny hunts!

Dangertrout

Just a small update for me.
I've collected 630 Honedge eggs, and am now beginning the hatching process.
The parents are so good, so far they've ALL been outstanding.
I think I'll only save 3 boxes for wondertrade :p

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well that didn't take long. About forty five minutes in a Grass safari and boom, shiny Quilladin, which is now a Chesnaught, which I must say looks very awesome. And with that, community hunt complete!

I'm liking shiny birds for some reason, so now that I've done Taillow, my next MM I think will be Starly.

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Well it's been a while since I posted. So yeah congratulations to everyone who got a shiny recently. (Sorry, I would name all of you but there are so many and I don't have much time. ^^; )
In the little spare time I have left (due to hard study sessions because of test week. XD) I continued my MM for Froakie. Still nothing yet, but I have put some female HA Froakies on the GTS and now I have ALL starters. XD
So for everyone who needs/wants a Timid Female HA Froakie just PM me and you may have one. :p (I don't know the IV's so if you don't really care about those you're safe. ;) )

Current Hunts:
Platinum BQ: BQ Shiny 3 -> SR'ing for Cranidos
SoulSilver BQ: BQ Shiny 1 -> SR'ing for Starter
X BQ: BQ Shiny 1 -> MM'ing for Froakie

Everyone good luck! Especially AquaRegisteel with that stubborn Giratina, I hope for you it shines soon, you deserve it. Keep on going, we all support you! :)

Last edited:

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Man, I am happy. :)

I got a shiny Froakie on my 98th egg. It's IVs are 31/XX/XX/31/31/31, which is pretty good. To top it all off, it also has Protean, and a Modest nature. :)

I named him Batfrog, based on what his final Evolution looks like. :p

Of course, I still have over 6 Boxes of eggs left to hatch.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I have just found my second shiny within 3 days! After going on a year and a half drought I am on a role with a second shiny dragon.
SHINY TRAPINCH HAS JUST HATCHED IN Y
Flygon is one of my dream shinies. I am so happy right now. The jolly everstone worked. Shes also in a quick ball because her mom was caught in one. Oh my god I am so happy right now. Has no perfect IVs but I dont care its one of my favorite shinies ever.
So I guess Community Hunt for January is COMPLETE

EDIT: It was MM'd in 46 eggs

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me still. My hunt for BQ #5 in HG is at 8510 REs, my hunt for shiny Oshawott is at 645 SRs in B2, and since I'm doing the SRs in B2 I decided to put my Fossil SR on hold in Y. I'm kinda bouncing around in Y, because I don't know what I want to do there. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.