• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Congratulations to TheBenMeister on Quilladin, Samas_Aran on Froakie, and Gligari on Trapinch!

This has been a crazy weekend for me - I just got my third shiny in three days!! Saturday I got Totodile, yesterday I got Aipom, and today I just randomly hatched a shiny Modest Squirtle in THREE EGGS. I was just trying to get a female with Rain Dish for breeding purposes - I'm going to breed it to Clawitzer with Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Dark Pulse, which makes me kind of ticked off that I got this shiny now because if it had just waited for 10 minutes, it would have all the right Egg Moves to be a cool Mega Blastoise. Argh. Anyway, shiny Squirtle looks so similar to regular Squirtle that I didn't even notice it was shiny when it hatched. I was in the process of releasing all of my males when I stopped short because I noticed the little red shiny star.

I would've taken this picture in Amie, but shiny Squirtle, like I said, looks so similar to the regular one that I'm posting the stat page about it to prove that it actually is shiny.

Oh and one more thing - I got Aipom yesterday, but I forgot to say, for the first time EVER, community hunt complete!!!!

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2248_zpscc70cde1.jpg[/IMG300]

Just like the Totodile, I'm not a big fan of shiny Squirtle anyway, so I'm considering trading it. Anyone have a shiny they'd like to trade for this little guy?

Last edited:

*IZ*

So I was annoyed that after 4 hours of RE in the FS, nothing shines so I said let me fish chain since that's what I'm good at. After about an hour a shiny Horsea appeared. It's modest nature which is nice. This weekend I've gotten 4 fished shinies but the one that I really want is a shiny Ivysaur. I'm going to continue tomorrow.

JoshRJV77

How do you guys stay motivated when hunts seem to drag out or when doing BQs? I keep telling myself to keep going but I can't say it isn't a little frustrating and sometimes boring!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to TheBenMeister on Quilladin, Samas_Aran on Froakie, and Gligari on Trapinch!

This has been a crazy weekend for me - I just got my third shiny in three days!! Saturday I got Totodile, yesterday I got Aipom, and today I just randomly hatched a shiny Modest Squirtle in THREE EGGS. I was just trying to get a female with Rain Dish for breeding purposes - I'm going to breed it to Clawitzer with Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Dark Pulse, which makes me kind of ticked off that I got this shiny now because if it had just waited for 10 minutes, it would have all the right Egg Moves to be a cool Mega Blastoise. Argh. Anyway, shiny Squirtle looks so similar to regular Squirtle that I didn't even notice it was shiny when it hatched. I was in the process of releasing all of my males when I stopped short because I noticed the little red shiny star.

I would've taken this picture in Amie, but shiny Squirtle, like I said, looks so similar to the regular one that I'm posting the stat page about it to prove that it actually is shiny.

Oh and one more thing - I got Aipom yesterday, but I forgot to say, for the first time EVER, community hunt complete!!!!

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2248_zpscc70cde1.jpg[/IMG300]

Just like the Totodile, I'm not a big fan of shiny Squirtle anyway, so I'm considering trading it. Anyone have a shiny they'd like to trade for this little guy?
thanks congrats on Squirtle!
EDIT:
Shortly after my last post here, Shiny Vanillite showed up in the horde after only 2 encounters I did today! Fantastique! :D And its got Modest nature!

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-20182804_zps77979d16.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-20184416_zpsa0472215.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-20184550_zps94a3d941.jpg[/IMG139]

So I hereby announce that my X Badge Quest is finally DONE,DONE, DONE!!!

Cant' wait to finish the game and try the Safari and of course the Poke radar. :D

Congrats and good luck to everyone!
Oh my gosh! Congrats. That must've took a long time! and you had many SR hunts. Something that not many have done in this gen. Congrats and very well done on your part.

Last edited:

tothewest88

How do you guys stay motivated when hunts seem to drag out or when doing BQs? I keep telling myself to keep going but I can't say it isn't a little frustrating and sometimes boring!

I remind myself how badly I want all of the Legendary pokemon. For me, the easiest way to obtain Legendary pokemon it seems is to catch shiny Pokemon and deposit them on the GTS in exchange for a Legendary. That's what seems to keep me motivated! :)

Pman11

Pokemon Savant
Guys I don't know what to do. 183 encounters after my second shiny Ponyta, I find a THIRD shiny ponyta
20140120_204517.jpg

As you can imagine, I have no need for THREE shiny ponyta, so I am willing to trade 2 maybe 3 of them. Please pm if interested.
Best of luck to everyone in their hunts!

Cutty

Forever now
It's Complete!

I'm positive the cosmos luck will be on my side this time...

Shortly after my last post here, Shiny Vanillite showed up in the horde after only 2 encounters I did today! Fantastique! :D And its got Modest nature!

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-20182804_zps77979d16.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-20184416_zpsa0472215.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01-20184550_zps94a3d941.jpg[/IMG139]

So I hereby announce that my X Badge Quest is finally DONE,DONE, DONE!!!

Cant' wait to finish the game and try the Safari and of course the Poke radar. :D

Congrats and good luck to everyone!

KillerDraco

Well, while trolling the Friend Safari for a decently IV'ed Farfetch'd to breed Knock Off onto a Mandibuzz, a shiny Farfetch'd happened to pop up. How ironic that I get the shiny version of my least favorite Pokemon.

zozo

SLIMED!
Ho. Ly. Crap.

I've been level grinding my team in the Pokemon forest (or whatever it's called) for the past few days. Needless to say, after awhile I stopped paying much attention to what was going on. Just a quick glance at the screen to see what I'm fighting, and tapping the proper attack for my Malamar to use. She's really good for this, since she has SE moves for almost everyone in the forest (barring Jigglypuff), and has Rock Slide to take care of those pesky hordes. So today, I'm watching more youtube vids and grinding away, when I glance down, see a horde of Foongus, and automatically select Rock Slide without thinking.

Then I see dark purple on one of the Foongus where it should have been red, and my heart stops. It's a freaking shiny, and I just told my Malamar to throw deadly rocks at it. I've got a split second to think "Oh please, let it miss!" before I see the message at the bottom of the screen "Wild Foongus avoided the attack!" flash twice.
Then I watch as three Foongus fall, holding my breath and praying that the purple one survives.

Somehow, she did! After flicking away the remaining stupid red one and chucking a bunch of Luxury Balls, I'm the proud owner of another purple shiny, as well as my first RE shiny in Gen VI! I named her Ambrosia, because she seemed like a gift from heaven. And she's a type of fungus, so it really works.
Her IVs are terrible (2 - 5 / 2 - 5 / 2 - 5 / 2 - 5 / 14 - 17 / 29), but all the same, that was a narrow shave and I'm really lucky to have caught her.

Needless to say, my Malamar got the best PokePuffs I had in stock after that!

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Grats all, especially Cutty on finishing your BQ! Just broke 1,100 eggs for my secret/mystery hunt, and still no shiny yet. Oh well, good luck to all of you!

Last edited:

tothewest88

Another night of successful Chain Fishing! I added a shiny beautiful female red & blue Clawitzer and shiny Whiscash! (I had been really wanting a Whiscash to create a team of Shinies!) So excited. :D

benjamon1111

Shiny Hunter
So I'm searching for an ekans horde while watching a video about horde shinies, when I look down and I see a bellsprout with yellow leaves staring at me. Super excited to evolve it to shiny victreebel! Then the next day I was about to give up chain fishing, and a shiny clauncher appears. Its probably the coolest shiny they've ever made. I can't wait until Pokémon Bank comes out so I can send up my RE shiny Scrafty.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 3 for ponyta has ended. That fire pony just does not want to shine. I'm a little over halfway through egg collection for the next round. Keeping my fingers crossed that this time ponyta decides to be nice.

My RE for honedge is at around 2,500-3,000 REs. Next time I will be keeping track of encounters... I really need another click counter. Whyyyyyyy couldn't GF have kept the feature that counts wild encounters that Black 2/White 2 had?

Stubbornness. Pure and simple. I'm just too darn stubborn to let the shiny beat me LOL

elorasheppard

Congratulations to wbartholomy, duckzorz, sydwinx, misjie, benmeister, samus-aran, gligari, varanus, *IZ*, pman11, cutty (congrats on finishing your badge quest too!), killer draco, zozo, tothewest88 and benjamon1111 on your recent shiny success.

No new shiny news for me since pidove at the weekend but Im still plugging away at it, Im hoping to get at least Spearow hatched before the end of the month, as I have set a challenge for myself to get one shiny a month in dex order (for those of you that are new here, I am MMing a living dex and have from squirtle to Raticate up to now). As raticate was left over from last years challenge, this year is from Spearow to Nidoking as I already have a Sandslash and Arbok. Wish me luck!

Special good luck to AquaRegisteel, that Giratina has to come soon, and good luck to the rest of you :)

Last edited:
After 1500 or so encounters in a Lillipup/Kecleon/Ditto safari, I found a shiny Kecleon. My main hunt is still Ditto though, but I was kinda hoping to find a shiny Kcleon along the way ^^
Idc that much about Lillipup though, if I find a shiny one I'll catch it of course.

So yeah, I'll keep continuing that shiny Ditto hunt.

Anyways, congratulations to everyone who got a shiny, and good hunting for everyone who's still hunting/started a new hunt~

EDIT: I finally found my shiny Ditto. And it has Imposter too =D

Last edited:

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Thanks Crimson Penguin, Cpchris, and elorasheppard for the congrats! :)

EV trained my Eevee yesterday, then got it up to max affection in Pokémon Amie (which was SO cute omg). It is now a beautiful white and blue Sylveon, and I've managed to get it to level 50. That's at least 2 down on my shiny team (Volcarona and Sylveon, can't decide if I want to have my Poliwrath on it or if I should try for a different water type like Greninja), next up is either Skiddo or Beldum. Need a foreign one with good IVs though, which could take a little while to get. :/

Also it seems I completed the community hunt without realising when I ran into my shiny Quilladin last week. Didn't realise the Chespin line counted... so, community hunt complete! :p

Congrats to everyone on their shinies and good luck to everyone currently hunting! SR-ing on Black for a bit now for Kyurem again, not expecting anything though as I'm only at around 420 SRs in total.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*dancing around the room* And my very first shiny of Gen VI is...

*drumroll*

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6107_zps8ba90e98.jpg[/IMG139]

...HONEDGE!

She's timid natured and mischievous. Dunno if that's good or bad, but I don't particularly care either :D She's so pretty!

Gonna troll along the edge of the middle path on Route 6 for a bit, see if I can scare up a brown venipede or a purple audino. Tomorrow the RE hunt in White 2 continues.

Edit: we seriously need little animated smilies of the Gen VI pokemon... *looks pointedly at Serebii staff*

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone! I'm still in the friend safari on both x and y looking for a shiny protean Frogadier. While hunting, I managed to get 2 shiny panpour, a shiny torrent Frogadier, and a shiny Biberal. I really want that protean frog! Once I get him, I will move on to a safari that had Quilladin and try for him to get all the kalos starters and then i plan on MMing Honedge on X and Ghastly on Y (that shiny mega Gengar though!). I kinda want to go for 2 honedges because I love both shiny honedge and shiny doublade. We will see!

Happy hunting everyone and congrats to everyone who had gowna shiny in the last few days! :)