• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Yes finally this is my first post here a shiny jolly tyrunt with all elemental fangs and dragon dance with 5 ivs has finally hatched :D its my favourite fossil besides lileep and cradily im still hunting at like 6000 SRs for a shiny starter in HG/SS :/ but im gonna keep going

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats on all the latest shinies!

@Cpchris: Ah okay, good to know :p.

I'm at 150 eggs for a shiny Skrelp so far. With the 50/50 gender ratio, I'm hoping I can get a female one, since my team is very male-centric and I'm lacking in female shinies in general XD. I've been very lucky up to now in not having any Gen 6 MM hunts go up to 1000 eggs or over; hopefully this will be the same (gonna jinx myself now aren't I).

Good luck everyone on your hunts! ^_^

FensVaporeon

Congrats to everyone!

Currently MMing for a Shiny Mareep.
Not sure how many eggs I'll do before I'll switch to another hunt. I'm around 200-220 eggs for now.
Luckily Mareeps hatch fast and my mareep parents are spamming eggs... hehe,
that's kinda nice after MMing an Eevee and my try on Goomy which is on hold for now.

tothewest88

Oh my gosh! It finally happened- I'm doing the biggest happy dance in my bedroom right now! I finally caught a beautiful green Shiny Huntail!!! I've been hunting one for about a week, and I've caught a few Shiny Corsola and Shiny Octillery in the meantime, which is great, but I really wanted a Shiny Huntail. Hello, Spiro! :)

Many congratulations to varanus_komodoensis on your Shiny Heatran! Super jealous, but excited for you. :)

IMG_0543.jpg

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So I'm in the Friend Safari in Y, right? I was farming for extra Lucky Eggs. I was having zero luck with that, though I now have more Lucky Punches than I'll ever need. And then, I noticed something a little off about a Pokémon I had just encountered. I very quickly realized that it was in fact not a trick of the light that made that Chansey look green. Nope, Shiny. :D Naturally, I was prepared for a long and tough battle- everything I had was way too high in level to weaken her, not to mention the possibility of Take Down, but it only took two Repeat Balls. She's got a Hardy nature and Serene Grace.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz on the recent shinies everyone! I have officially started my hunts today, I'll be SRing for Suicune and I decided to focus more on my Kalos quest, so I'll be MMing Binacle on X. Hopefully these hunts don't take too long!

Good luck everyone. :]

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Nooooooooo, I was hunting in a Combee/Beautifly/Heracross safari, guess what I got.
A male, shiny Combee, completely pointless.

Well aftr I got that shiny Ditto today, I started a hunt in a mankey/throh/riolu safari. Cause I want my own super saiyan Riolu. A shiny Mankey would be nice as well ^^

Last edited:

Clarity

Rawr! <3
Hatched 3,000 eggs on X and still no shiny Vulpix. T.T Guess that fox doesn't want to shine for me. D: Starting to drive me crazy. x.x

JoshRJV77

Yes finally this is my first post here a shiny jolly tyrunt with all elemental fangs and dragon dance with 5 ivs has finally hatched :D its my favourite fossil besides lileep and cradily im still hunting at like 6000 SRs for a shiny starter in HG/SS :/ but im gonna keep going

I got my shiny totodile but have been unlucky since with my BQ on my HeartGold! But I just bought a copy of soul silver and have been SR for a shiny starter on it! I feel like my luck has to turn around for soon! Good luck on your shiny starter hunt!

maldoror

Within minutes, I found a shiny Minun and Spinda via hordes. Not the Scaggy or Swablu I was hunting, but full odds shinies always feel nice.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Been searching for a shiny slugma in the friend safari and so far I have gotten a shiny magmar and shiny ninetales instead. And yet, the unthinkable just happened. I just caught a SECOND freaking shiny ninetales. So in my rage and evilness I therefore condemned it with the name of "Shaniqua". I hope you are happy with what you've done Shaniqua, as it is the very last thing you'll ever do! But a shiny is a shiny I guess. Not too keen on a repeat though. Might see if I can trade it for a bank legendary. Or not. I dunno. But I do know that this slugma is giving me a run for my money so far.

Congrats on all recent shines and good luck to all!

I have 3 shinies as of now....Starmie (my first ever by fish chaining and got good nature and IVs), Forretress (Friend Safari), and Magmar (I traded my shiny Larvesta I caught in the Friend Safari for it. This Magmar was also my first ever poke with pokerus)

laneg1077

Radio DJ
I'm joining the fray!

I'm currently working on completing the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm and make hunting just that much easier.
I've gone through the Friend Safari for hours with no luck, ans well as hatched countless eggs using the Masuda Method.

I did, however, chain fish myself a Shiny Clawitzer and a Shiny Relicanth. So I'm happy with my count at 2 so far!
Once Pokemon Bank comes out, I'll be importing my massive collection over, so I'll make a master list once that happens!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Good to be back, aside from the issues with the virus, I got my new username. No luck on Feebas with the high egg step requirement, so I decided to retry caterpie.

One Stick

Collector/ Breeder
Just caught a shiny ninetails in one of my friend safaris. It's my 4th shiny, took about 40 encounters. It wasn't my target( Growilithe is) but ill take it anyways looks great. My other are Butterfree,Larvesta,and Maractus.

Scrufox86

Wow I am back with another shiny! I went hunting in a psychic safari with three pokemon I wouldn't mind having as shiny. Munna, Espurr and Duoision. Well the shiny I got was a little pink Espurr which is great because it was my preferred of the three and I like shiny meowstic. I got a male one but it doesn't matter as next time I hunt in there I will have a male cute charmer so that hopefully if I find another shiny Espurr it'll most likely be female.

Right well I am hunting in a rock safari now with these three.... dwebble, pupitar and shuckle. The one I want most is Shuckle, I have MMed a ton for it on gen V games and never gotten it but any of the three will be gladly welcomed.

Congratulations to all new shinies and good luck to everyone still hunting!

Edit - 14:01 22/01/2014 oh I forgot that Espurr is on the Community Hunty list for the Tiger! So Community Hunt Complete X7! and I Now have Tiger to go along with Snake,Horse,Dragon,Dog and Rat so I have gotten half of the Zodiac!

Last edited: