• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
In the hunt for shiny slugma I now have two shiny magmar and two shiny ninetales. This is a bit ridiculous. None of them even have their HA. Decided to hunt in my the grass safari I recently acquired and out popped a beautiful shiny maractus with it's HA! I'm especially happy as maractus is one of my many favorites and the one in that safari that I was hoping to get shiny.

Congrats on all recent shinies and good luck to all!

Icon4Hire

Pokemon Breeder
4th gen chaining is annoying but quite rewarding when you see your first shiny patch sparkle. Aside from that I've had some luck recently(finally) I managed only a 3iv shiny bulbasaur now an Ivysaur. Luckily it's other stats are near perfect also. Then I was able to chain Bibarel, although both were unintentional since I was only ev training. Also got a timid Venomoth. Sadly it's iv's don't work out so well, so It'll be more a trophy if nothing else. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting.

Scrufox86

Oh my... I have a triple whammy! Right ok so I am in a rock safari continuing my friend safari quest to get at least one pokemon from each of the 18 typed safaris and I was hoping for shuckle.. but I ended up getting a shiny Dwebble! I suspected I would get it instead but I like it. Well anyway I move onto a ghost safari and an hour later I was so shocked... out of Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Spiritomb.... a shiny I have loved the look of for so long but never thought I would ever get graced my screen with its presence... Shiny Spiritomb! and so I then chose my next type target and opted for steel type and chose a Klefki one because I really like shiny Klefki for some reason. I was hunting in there for an hour and while not expecting a third shiny within 2 hours to show up.... I got a shiny Klang!. Oh wow three shinies within 2 hours in friend safari.. this has been my best haul yet. Well I have 7 types remaining to get a friend safari shiny from. I think my next target type will be... ice or dark.

By the way congratulations to all new shinies since my last post and good luck to all shiny hunters!

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
Well to day I was blessed by a wonderful person with one of my ultimate dream pokemon.....

A shiny FLAWLESS lvl 1 female MILOTIC!!!!!!

She is UTTERLY beautiful with a modest nature!

.....and I am seeing stars and full of gratitude, haha! XD

CG and GL to all you wonderful shiny hunters and 2 things:

1- Miracles can happen + amazing people do exist!

2- MAY THE SHINY BE WITH YOU!!!!

Drakonekoshi

Cpchris, some pages ago you congratulated on getting a shiny Cubone, when really it Noibat and I was starting the hunt on Cubone, I went to nearly or over 1000 eggs and gave up due to things stressing me out, so I did not get a shiny Cubone, now I'm hunting for a shiny Goomy

Well, I did get a shiny Growlithe and Charmeleon in the mean time, and I was given a shiny Misdreavus <3

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Well, just broke 1,600 eggs and still no shiny yet. This one seems to be another huge pain in the *** hunt, but I'm taking the Cyberra approach....this shiny won't win. Congrats and good luck all.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
What..?! Shiny Suicune already!?

I just started this hunt yesterday! Definitely one of my fastest SR hunts :]. Unfortunately, bold sync failed so it got a Bashful nature which isn't too bad I guess. I find it pretty funny that this shone before Binacle but odds can be weird like that sometimes lol. I'm not sure what to hunt next.. I might go back to the Safari Zone.. I never did successfully catch a shiny there like I wanted.

Anyways, gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! :]

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
Congratulations on taming that mythic beast Supremacy quite a feat indeed.

I do not think I will ever go back to the Safari Zone. To many bad memories there...

TaurosRicardo

I finally hatched my shiny female Feebas. I was so happy that it finally came out after 500+ eggs (lost count). Her IVs are 31/X/31/31/31/31 and I was ecstatic!

Today I decided to MM a Regenerator Slowbro, so I scoured the GTS to find a suitable parent of a different language. After finally getting one with decent IVs, I set off to create the mother pokemon for the MM. I'm shooting for a bold nature, so I went to a friend's ditto safari to snag a bold ditto. Suddenly - BOOM. Blue ditto! Unfortunately it isn't imposter (or bold lol) but still pretty cool! It stinks that shiny ditto no longer transforms into the shiny version of pokemon, I always admired that.

Congratulations to everyone on the recent finds, and keep chuggin to everyone still on the hunt! Pray to the RNG!

ElectricBassClef

A big congrats to everybody who's gotten a shiny since I last posted!

I've been doing a lot of hunting in the Friend Safari lately and my luck seems to fluctuate between longer hunts (for the Friend Safari, anyway, between 2000 and 5000 REs) and short hunts. With that in mind... just a few minutes ago I went into a Ground-type Safari and my first encounter was a shiny Diggersby, which I caught with a Quick Ball. It was a critical capture. What. It's probably not as unlikely as the time I hatched two shinies in a row in a Black MM, but wow that was a lucky encounter.

I suppose this means Community Hunt Complete!

elorasheppard

As long as your lead pokemon or whichever pokemon you send into battle is above lvl 14, then Roar won't work. It only works if your pokemon are lower-leveled than the growlithe. so as long as you're over lvl 14 it can roar all it wants and it won't do a darned thing.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that :)

Congrats to Alfred Jones, ShadowRadon, ashcrimson777, darkoverlord777, scrufox86 (can you share some FS luck with me?), Jonah white, supremacy, TaurosRicardo and blackice27 on your recent shiny success.

Just a quick update for me, Im nearly at 600 eggs for spearow and nearing 1000encounters in the virbank complex again, but Im now at around 12 straight hours in the friend safari and nothing yet! Its quite frustrating as I know there should be a shiny in this safari somewhere! But ill keep plugging and hopefully it will happen soon.

Good luck shiny hunters, lets all keep our fingers crossed that bank is released in the UK/US/Europe soon so we can transfer up our shinies :)

Mr. Shinx

The drought is over!! Been over 3 months since my last shiny!

I'd been triple hunting to try and keep it interesting, SR for Fennekin for my Y BQ, SR for Charmander on my FireRed BQ, and SR for Ho-oh for my pre-elite four part of my HeartGold BQ. Don't know how many it took since I've been counting Fennekins, but my Ho-oh finally shone!

Noticed it straight away going across the screen and went a little crazy! My wife couldn't stop laughing at me!

But anyway, Mild nature which I'll happily accept, Lugia will be the final target to complete that BQ. Though really hoping Fennekin comes next, SRing that thing is a killer.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially the people experiencing a drought and/or SRing for a Gen 6 starter.

Romanticide

Congrats to everyone who've gotten shinies since my last post!

A couple days ago I got my second FS shiny (though it's the first intentional one). I was in a ground safari, looking for a sandshrew or dugtrio (while secretly hoping for a diggersby). I wanted to find one of the ones I didn't much care for so I could use them as trading fodder. But, of course, it was diggersby who shone! I was a little annoyed, but the fact that he has his HA makes me feel better. I'll just have to try again, maybe in a different safari next time. Oh, and community hunt complete!

On the Tepig front, nothing new has happened. I'm really starting to hate SRing for the pig. I'm glad I don't really count SRs, because I think I'd be really annoyed otherwise. Hopefully it'll shine before February...

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that :)

That also goes for every other move that would end a wild battle, like Whirlwind or Dragon Tail. As long as you're higher level those moves are useless. The shiny druddigon I caught last month used Dragon Tail on me twice, but I was hunting with a lvl 56 bisharp, and that green dragon is all mine.

I'm one box of eggs away from my fifth hatch for ponyta. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that this time I get my blue pony. In White 2, I'm 800 REs into the second leg of my Virbank Complex hunt, back in the doubles grass. This time I'm hoping for not magnemite, and hoping this leg is shorter than the first one. In Y, I'm at 700 horde encounters in Connecting Cave. Let's see what I catch first...

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Started my first MM hunt yesterday for a Sigilyph and found the shiny on the 4th egg!! 31/x/31/31/31/x and timid nature which is brilliant, but it had Wonder Skin so I'm probably going to be spending a while earning BP for an Ability Capsule which kind of negates the speed with which I found the shiny aha

tothewest88

I am so excited to share this! Yesterday, I put up a Shiny Clawitzer (because I had 2 of them) on the GTS, and this is what I got back in return for it!! - View attachment 11695
A SHINY RAIKOU!! :D I would've been thrilled just to get a Raikou, but I am ecstatic to have a Shiny Raikou! Eh, its moveset kind of sucks, but that's manageable. I just put up one of my Shiny Octillery on the GTS, we'll see what I can get back in return for it.

Secondly, I was doing a bunch of Horde Encounters last night looking for a Shiny Houndour, and I found this: yanma.jpg It's female and blue, and I'll be evolving it soon. :)

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
As of about 5 minutes ago I hatched my 600th egg in my Phantump MM hunt. I've decided to take a little break from it and focus on working on the National Dex completion, because that shiny charm will make me feel loads better about MMing. I knew this third shiny in X and Y would take a while, considering my first two hatched in under 30 eggs, but I was hoping I would have my little baby stump by now. I'm starting to get a tiny bit tired of seeing Phantump, tbh... Not that I don't want it, but I have so many other hunts I want to do right now but can't until I finish this one.

Congrats to all the recent shinies and good luck on current hunts guys, keep it up!